Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Fact- Brazil has the unluckiest Portal Masters.
Page 1 of 1
Fact- Brazil has the unluckiest Portal Masters. [CLOSED]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#1 Posted: 15:52:39 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
It's kind of a rant,but also a warning to people who live in there and want to buy Skylander figures on this country. Don't.

After 3 months waiting to buy a figure in here,I found some Starter Packs in a book store,the 3DS one and the Wii one. They were in english and were exactly like the one I bought from the internet, and happily I asked to the people who worked in there if they had a Hex figure. They said that the Starter Packs were all that they recieved.

Sometime later, I went into another bookstore,much bigger and with more videogames than most game stores that you can find in here. I wasn't looking for figures,but I saw Starter Packs as well. Once again,it was all that they had. But the worst part is when I decided to look at the packs anyway...
...They were in spanish.And had the triple the price of the one I bought.

I know they don't have a portuguese edition for these games,but that is an insult. All games that they sell here are either in english or translated in portuguese(and recently,even dubbed by portuguese actors),but thinking we speak spanish of all things is a stereotype long forgotten,or so I thought.

Seriously,not only most players have no way to complete the game(that'd require getting one Skylander of each element,the Starter Packs don't have Undead and Air ones),but they also rub it in your face with a language that even people who travel abroad don't understand(English is a required class in the schools,Spanish is recommended but not obligatory) and an absurd price,even for Brazilian video game standards. I don't know if contacting Activision or Toys For Bob would help,but I just wanted to make people know...
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#2 Posted: 17:13:20 23/01/2012
^ Wow that really does suck!!!!!!!!!!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#3 Posted: 19:44:41 23/01/2012
Ouch too bad for Rio my 2nd fave country
Anyways who has the Rio movie i have a rental would it be coll if you could rent figures for skylanders that would be awesome!
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SkylandersBoy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1129
#4 Posted: 17:01:23 24/01/2012
Sorry for this but in Brazil it's not portuguese, it's brazilian!
I'm from Portugal and here we talk portuguese, portuguese is talked in many country's ( Angola, Moçambique, Brazil... ) but in Brazil, it's brazilian, cause their portuguese is a bit different.

Sorry but I'm patriot.

And yes, Activision doesn't care about Brazil, at least in Portugal we have all the figurines ( not yet wave 3 and we don't have silver/gold characters and legendaries, but we have many Toys'r'Us ).
---
Swap Force is just plain awesome!
I'm not related to the SkylanderKids.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Skylanderster
Mortymore Green Sparx Gems: 356
#5 Posted: 18:53:16 24/01/2012
With all that said, we can conclude that a Portuguese (PT or BR) version of the game was never intended. If they would think of one, it would be because of the much wider brazilian market. Since they didn't care about Brazil, I believe we (yes, I'm Portuguese also) only have good access to Skylander characters because of the general European market.

Funny thing is, we are Spain neighbours, and fortunately here they don't try to sell us the Spanish version of the game. They are all in English.

Brazilian guys, you have my sympathy on your grieve.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie blsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:55:04 24/01/2012 by Mortymore
LTU Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4985
#6 Posted: 22:37:33 24/01/2012
From Eastern Europe here. I went to the biggest store and they only had 2 starter packs of each platform. They said they won't import any figurines, because no one will buy them...
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#7 Posted: 22:48:09 24/01/2012
wow that seriously sucks =/ luckily you know english but still.... looks like you'll be importing all your figures
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#8 Posted: 00:20:49 25/01/2012
this indeed sucks... but he only need to import five to get all element...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me