Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 7 of 36 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 34 35 36
The UK Skylanders Hunters Thread :) [CLOSED]
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#301 Posted: 18:00:58 05/03/2012
Quote: chrisrobbo21982
In Bolton, next to the Reebok Stadium. The guy said the online inventory doesn't marry up with instore inventory until overnight usually as it takes time to update so I reckon you should try calling your local Smyths.

Found that out the hard way... I sent my husband to that Smyths because they had the Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom triple showing online... he got to the store and they didn't have any Skylanders stock even though the website said there was a number of things 'In stock' and 'Low stock'... Disappointing.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
chrisrobbo21982 Blue Sparx Gems: 707
#302 Posted: 18:05:39 05/03/2012
Quote: faitaru
Quote: Deandria
I very nearly did that when Tesco had them for £34.91 (kinda wish I did) but instead I camped out in a TRU for 3 hours while they unpacked a delivery... it was a disappointing selection but I got hold of Stealth Elf (who is awesome btw... soloed Kaos with her) and Sonic Boom for £7.49 each... I kinda wish I'd got the triple but they didn't have it... I also passed up on the Zap/Hex/DinoRang triple which I later regretted (curse my willpower... >.< )

Owning this game is like having a hole in your wallet.

The 3DS pack is very tempting; I can see myself caving in at some point in the future on that one.

I'd be happy with Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom singles. That would at least cover me for all 8 elements (as long as my triple pack shows up). Am I right in thinking SB is the only Air release in the UK so far?

Oh my, Drobot triple is £19.98 on amazon all of a sudden. 8 left in stock. I cannot resist.

I got the 3ds version from very.co.uk with a £30 off £60 first order voucher. I returned the items I'd added to bump it to £60 and then sold the game as I don't have a 3ds. Worked out I got the characters for nothing.
---
Own: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
faitaru Green Sparx Gems: 137
#303 Posted: 18:06:48 05/03/2012
In Bolton, next to the Reebok Stadium. The guy said the online inventory doesn't marry up with instore inventory until overnight usually as it takes time to update so I reckon you should try calling your local Smyths.

Found that out the hard way... I sent my husband to that Smyths because they had the Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom triple showing online... he got to the store and they didn't have any Skylanders stock even though the website said there was a number of things 'In stock' and 'Low stock'... Disappointing.

Sadly my *local* Smyths is almost 2 hours drive away. Will definitely try the Bristol shop next weekend though as it's just off the motorway (and right next to a McDonald's).
---
Current Skylander count: 31/37

Still need: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#304 Posted: 18:09:21 05/03/2012
The 3DS pack is very tempting; I can see myself caving in at some point in the future on that one.

I'd be happy with Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom singles. That would at least cover me for all 8 elements (as long as my triple pack shows up). Am I right in thinking SB is the only Air release in the UK so far?

Oh my, Drobot triple is £19.98 on amazon all of a sudden. 8 left in stock. I cannot resist.

Whirlwind is occasionally available in Tesco I believe, and wave 3 is occasionally appearing in some shops as of last week.

Just phoned a my neighbour about the Drobot triple, you just made her 10 year old VERY happy, hopefully she'll be able to get one before they go out of stock.

Edit:
Sadly my *local* Smyths is almost 2 hours drive away. Will definitely try the Bristol shop next weekend though as it's just off the motorway (and right next to a McDonald's).

Same... roughly... but when we're at my mother-in-law's we're within 30 minutes of 2 Smyths...
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:11:33 05/03/2012 by Deandria
#305 Posted: 18:10:40 05/03/2012

Whirlwind is occasionally available in Tesco I believe, and wave 3 is occasionally appearing in some shops as of last week.

Just phoned a my neighbour about the Drobot triple, you just made her 10 year old VERY happy, hopefully she'll be able to get one before they go out of stock.

Currently 2 left, she better hurry!!

I didn't think Whirlwind was out here yet?

*Edit: never mind, Whirlwind triple is still pre-order on amazon, but seems like other sellers have it for twice the price. Ridiculous!
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:14:05 05/03/2012 by faitaru
#306 Posted: 18:12:44 05/03/2012
Currently 2 left, she better hurry!!

I didn't think Whirlwind was out here yet?

Tesco has had Whirlwind as an exclusive since the game came out but they never have any in stock.
---
#307 Posted: 18:15:41 05/03/2012
The £19.98 Drobot triples are now sold out. Hope your neighbour got one!
---

#308 Posted: 18:20:44 05/03/2012
The £19.98 Drobot triples are now sold out. Hope your neighbour got one!

Me too, he's a good kid and has been saving his Christmas money for Skylanders... I managed to get him Bash and Chop Chop when I got my singles but he has been obsessed with Stump Smash since he got the game and with Drobot since he saw mine.

I'm also keeping my eye out for Pirate Seas for them for his birthday next month.

Oh... just got a text.. no luck smilie

Edit: I should have bought it and got him to pay me back >.<
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:21:36 05/03/2012 by Deandria
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#309 Posted: 19:22:43 05/03/2012
GUYS GUESS WHAT???

BOSTON CURRYS HAS THE DOUBLE TROUBLE/WHIRLWIND/DRILL SARGE TRIPLE PACK!!!!

And the drobot one, but that's not important

AND ONLY 16.99 EACH AS WELL
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:25:06 05/03/2012 by bisylizzie
#310 Posted: 19:28:34 05/03/2012
Quote: bisylizzie
GUYS GUESS WHAT???

...Why can't I drive? *cries* that's close enough to justify the drive but it'd be at least 2 buses... and hubby is working in Sleaford this week...
---
#311 Posted: 19:30:59 05/03/2012
GUYS GUESS WHAT???

...Why can't I drive? *cries* that's close enough to justify the drive but it'd be at least 2 buses... and hubby is working in Sleaford this week...

smilie

Even my dad said "Why aren't they selling?" to me when we saw them. It seems NOBODY buys them from PC World/Currys. We also went to Comet, but all their gaming stuff is completely gone.

If you want them, you need to get down there tomorrow. Or this week. Sometime.

But this is VERY good news to those who are waiting on Wave 3 figures smilie
#312 Posted: 19:39:43 05/03/2012
Squeee! They're in stock in Lincoln too! Only 1 bus smilie yay!

Maybe my neighbour could drive me... if they have the Drobot triple she'd want to go too!

Edit: Just reserved 2... can't choose online though smilie I'll phone tomorrow morning and ask if they can pick me out the ones I want.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:44:16 05/03/2012 by Deandria
#313 Posted: 19:45:45 05/03/2012
Squeee! They're in stock in Lincoln too! Only 1 bus smilie yay!

Maybe my neighbour could drive me... if they have the Drobot triple she'd want to go too!

Edit: Just reserved 2... can't choose online though smilie I'll phone tomorrow morning and ask if they can pick me out the ones I want.

Yeah, Either they'll just hold two random ones back, or they may do an Argos and keep a variety so you can pick from the bunch.

But Boston defo has DT

Let us know how it goes, whether it's just a random thing where this store gets that one, and that one gets that or whether it's nationwide
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:46:37 05/03/2012 by bisylizzie
#314 Posted: 19:49:01 05/03/2012
Yeah, Either they'll just hold two random ones back, or they may do an Argos and keep a variety so you can pick from the bunch.

But Boston defo has DT

Let us know how it goes, whether it's just a random thing where this store gets that one, and that one gets that or whether it's nationwide

*fingers crossed* Thanks for reminding me Currys/PC World had them... we did check the Lincoln Currys one time but they didn't have any and we ended up buying a 3D TV and a surround sound system instead so I didn't go back after lol
---
#315 Posted: 19:53:34 05/03/2012

But Boston defo has DT

*fingers crossed* Thanks for reminding me Currys/PC World had them... we did check the Lincoln Currys one time but they didn't have any and we ended up buying a 3D TV and a surround sound system instead so I didn't go back after lol

Sorry, but how do you do that? I mean, how do you go to Currys and then just decide "Oh yeah, I'm just going to buy this TV and Sound system!" That's like my dad today in Comet. "LOOK AT THIS LAPTOP! I WANT THIS ONE! NO, THIS ONE!"
#316 Posted: 20:00:05 05/03/2012
Sorry, but how do you do that? I mean, how do you go to Currys and then just decide "Oh yeah, I'm just going to buy this TV and Sound system!" That's like my dad today in Comet. "LOOK AT THIS LAPTOP! I WANT THIS ONE! NO, THIS ONE!"

Well it wasn't as random as it sounded, I've been wanting a 3D TV for over a year. I was saving for one when I found out I was expecting and so it got put off... every time my husband and I go into a TV shop we drool over the tellys for ages... and it was an ex-display TV that was reduced (in the end we got the same price on a new one because we bought the surround sound system). Got a little of the old 'buyer's remorse' but it is a lovely TV...

Edit: Woo hoo! Getting a lift in with my neighbour so no bus fare/waiting around for the bus/2ish miles of walking smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:11:01 05/03/2012 by Deandria
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#317 Posted: 21:30:56 05/03/2012
Don't buy display TVs. Be glad you got a new one.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#318 Posted: 10:22:16 06/03/2012
TRU Exeter are getting lots of the WW, DS, DT triple pack today but jot until later. Wasted bus fare, pfft.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#319 Posted: 11:56:59 06/03/2012
Quote: Sequoia Spyro
TRU Exeter are getting lots of the WW, DS, DT triple pack today but jot until later. Wasted bus fare, pfft.

Yeah, it is a bit of a bad call to go really early
#320 Posted: 13:33:55 06/03/2012
Just called Exeter again and was told that they didn't actually receive any :/ they had been expecting some but none arrived.

I don't know whether to trust it or not, though. I've been told conflicting information many times by TRU.

Meh, whatever. I'm so fed up of waiting for these things I'll just wait for them to appear online again. Waste of my time.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#321 Posted: 13:50:08 06/03/2012
^This post is exactly why I bought my Legendaries from eBay. I did ring the Collier's Wood Branch of TRU after reading the reports of Wave 3, but the only clued in staff member from there confirmed they didn't have Wave 3 today, but were expecting a delivery tomorrow. If tomorrow's delivery didn't have Wave 3, then the only date he had for new Skylanders stock was 22-23rd March.
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
netboy Green Sparx Gems: 109
#322 Posted: 14:57:32 06/03/2012
Hi guys
I've been lurking long enough smilie
Heads up they have the triple packs at Warrington toysrus, I managed to get whirlwind pack, wrecking ball pack and the drobot packs for my lad.

They weren't restricting your purchases only if you wanted multiples of the same packs.

I'll be splitting my packs as we only needed flameslinger, stealth elf, double trouble and drillbit.

The others will be offered to kids at my boys mums at his school at cost.

Just want to say thanks to this thread as I've been clocking up the miles driving to various shops every weekend chasing figures only to find they have gone or they are all eruptors smilie
#323 Posted: 15:04:26 06/03/2012
Quote: netboy
Hi guys
I've been lurking long enough smilie
Heads up they have the triple packs at Warrington toysrus, I managed to get whirlwind pack, wrecking ball pack and the drobot packs for my lad.

They weren't restricting your purchases only if you wanted multiples of the same packs.

I'll be splitting my packs as we only needed flameslinger, stealth elf, double trouble and drillbit.

The others will be offered to kids at my boys mums at his school at cost.

Just want to say thanks to this thread as I've been clocking up the miles driving to various shops every weekend chasing figures only to find they have gone or they are all eruptors smilie

Cool, glad to see you managed to get the DT triple pack :] I decided to just get mine off eBay today for £30 because I'm fed up of TRU giving me conflicting information when I call.

Also, I noticed that Exeter had about 30-odd Eruptors on the shelf today... I was fairly confused.
---
Wynne1975 Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#324 Posted: 16:17:49 06/03/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
^This post is exactly why I bought my Legendaries from eBay. I did ring the Collier's Wood Branch of TRU after reading the reports of Wave 3, but the only clued in staff member from there confirmed they didn't have Wave 3 today, but were expecting a delivery tomorrow. If tomorrow's delivery didn't have Wave 3, then the only date he had for new Skylanders stock was 22-23rd March.

I bought all the Legendary figures from eBay. Got a card today saying that I need to pay £22 customs fees (including handling charge). Not happy about it at all, I had asked the seller to not include an invoice and mark it as a gift, they said they did but I won't find out the story til tomorrow.

They can't charge on gifts under £40 but if it's obvious its been bought, how have they come to £16 on items that retail for $30 total (£20)? If the seller has included an invoice, they're getting negative feedback.
Wynne1975 Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#325 Posted: 16:20:40 06/03/2012
I've found that the only person worth speaking to at TRU Exeter is Matt. Excellent customer service skills, strong knowledge, tells you when to ring up and when to come in etc. There is a girl (not naming) who is terrible. Plymouth store are appalling for information.
#326 Posted: 17:30:00 06/03/2012
Quote: Wynne1975
I bought all the Legendary figures from eBay. Got a card today saying that I need to pay £22 customs fees (including handling charge). Not happy about it at all, I had asked the seller to not include an invoice and mark it as a gift, they said they did but I won't find out the story til tomorrow.

They can't charge on gifts under £40 but if it's obvious its been bought, how have they come to £16 on items that retail for $30 total (£20)? If the seller has included an invoice, they're getting negative feedback.

Oooh, nasty :/ This is why it's usually not a good idea to use eBay unless both of you know what you are doing, and are at an agreement :/

My dad is (hopefully) getting me the Legendary pack from Toys R Us, as well as having ordered normal Bash along with his Play.com order, so I've got these to look forward to as well
chrisrobbo21982 Blue Sparx Gems: 707
#327 Posted: 17:46:34 06/03/2012
Not wanting to make you all jealous but I've just pre-ordered blue bash from Toysrus.com. My friend's parents live in Texas and she's going over next month so I should get it by end of April when she gets back. All in it cost me £10 so not bad really.

When do you think the UK might see them?
---
Own: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:48:03 06/03/2012 by chrisrobbo21982
#328 Posted: 17:57:02 06/03/2012
Not wanting to make you all jealous but I've just pre-ordered blue bash from Toysrus.com. My friend's parents live in Texas and she's going over next month so I should get it by end of April when she gets back. All in it cost me £10 so not bad really.

When do you think the UK might see them?

And I think we're never going to see them. We never got the Silver/Golds, so we're not likely to get Blue Bash... However, if it is important enough to be given it's own listing, then maybe when Wave 5 is released over here?
#329 Posted: 18:27:52 06/03/2012
I've found that the only person worth speaking to at TRU Exeter is Matt. Excellent customer service skills, strong knowledge, tells you when to ring up and when to come in etc. There is a girl (not naming) who is terrible. Plymouth store are appalling for information.

I know exactly what girl you're talking about. I've been led astray many a time by her advice. Matt seems to be in the know. Ben was always good hut I've not seen him recently. Given up with TRU as it's a hassle to get to and they never keep their promises.
---
#330 Posted: 18:35:32 06/03/2012
And I think we're never going to see them. We never got the Silver/Golds, so we're not likely to get Blue Bash... However, if it is important enough to be given it's own listing, then maybe when Wave 5 is released over here?

The one useful guy in my local TRU said they'd had a gold figure in there one time...

Anyway thanks for the tip-off about Currys, I got the WW/DT/DS triple today and my neighbour got the Drobot triple that her son really wanted. I kinda wish I'd bought a Drobot one myself... I have Drobot but not the other 2 and my Drobot is still in his box... same for WB/SE/SB, I have SB and SE but again, both in their box.

I'm suffering from non-buyer's remorse now lol

I wanted to get the Zap/Hex/Dino-Rang one and maybe also the Eruptor/Bash/Chop Chop but they didn't have them.
---
#331 Posted: 19:23:00 06/03/2012

The one useful guy in my local TRU said they'd had a gold figure in there one time...

Anyway thanks for the tip-off about Currys, I got the WW/DT/DS triple today and my neighbour got the Drobot triple that her son really wanted. I kinda wish I'd bought a Drobot one myself... I have Drobot but not the other 2 and my Drobot is still in his box... same for WB/SE/SB, I have SB and SE but again, both in their box.

I'm suffering from non-buyer's remorse now lol

I wanted to get the Zap/Hex/Dino-Rang one and maybe also the Eruptor/Bash/Chop Chop but they didn't have them.

Really? I've heard otherwise, but I guess maybe we got very limited stock...

And no worries, I was really excited to have seen them, even if I did own two of the characters in the pack
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#332 Posted: 20:07:47 06/03/2012
Quote: Wynne1975 post=3077575

Ochies. That was one thing I was afraid of happening. I mentioned to the seller before I committed to buy "...hopefully customs wouldn't charge me much importing these into the UK!". To which the seller replied: "I will make sure I send as a gift and put a value of $10 on the package". To the best of my knowledge, it is fraudulent/illegal to ask someone to mark a purchase as a gift because of the lower cap on customs. I wouldn't know for certain if the seller has marked the package like he said until it arrives.

Quote: Wynne1975 post=3077577

The only TRU staff member worth talking in the London area is Craig the Multimedia Manager in Collier's Wood TRU. Out of the four branches I ring, he is the only one with consistent, correct and up-to-date information.

On a side note, if anyone does have a TRU staff member to recommend, then please ring the TRU helpline/the store the person works in and recommend them. In other shops and businesses, if a staff member is recommended by a customer, they can get a cash bonus. I don't know if TRU has this policy, but they may. Nothing says "Thank you for helping me get my Skylanders" more than a bonus in your paycheck!
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#333 Posted: 21:31:44 06/03/2012
Well my Drobot triple shipped today. Should arrive Friday with any luck!

Popped into my local Tesco on the way home from work today and actually managed to speak to someone who knew about the figures. Apparently they get 2 deliveries of them per week, but each delivery tends to be 2 triple packs and 5 or 6 singles. He said they go straight out on the shelf and are normally gone within a couple of hours. Guess I'm just gonna have to pop in every night on my way home from work in the hope of seeing some.

(Is it bad that I told the guy I wanted figures for my kids who do not exist?)

You'll find the bulk of that customs cost will the "handling charge" levied by the carrier (FedEx/UPS/TNT). The actual tax you need to pay on it should only be 20%. I managed to get out of a FedEx handling charge once, but only because they had delivered my package and THEN asked for the money. If they've got your package still then you'll have to pay up to get it smilie
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:33:18 06/03/2012 by faitaru
#334 Posted: 21:47:47 06/03/2012

I have a 10 year old neice who mysteriously always seems to want the things I want to buy lol... she is real but her tastes are more 'Hannah Montana" and DS games where you run a clothing shop...

I do have a kid but she's only 20 weeks old so I can't use her as an excuse... yet...

But no... it's not wrong smilie
---
#335 Posted: 22:16:05 06/03/2012

Phew!
---

#336 Posted: 22:18:56 06/03/2012

I have a 10 year old neice who mysteriously always seems to want the things I want to buy lol... she is real but her tastes are more 'Hannah Montana" and DS games where you run a clothing shop...

I do have a kid but she's only 20 weeks old so I can't use her as an excuse... yet...

I buy plenty of things without giving excuses smilie Staff members don't really ask around here/seem to care too much. If anything, it's kinda they either make the assumption(for some items), or just really don't care.

Examples - buying neocash/MLP:FiM toys. Those are the kinda thing which many people say that they do the whole "For a kid" thing, but I don't care to mention anything. At least, in the local Gamestation, one of the members of staff is pretty awesome, if anything being helpful with this kinda thing.

But I'm hoping we get L Trigs, at the very least, as stores in America seem to be completely stocked with them, it's rather odd that they'd have a lot of one figure, this late
#337 Posted: 22:29:36 06/03/2012
I buy plenty of things without giving excuses smilie Staff members don't really ask around here/seem to care too much. If anything, it's kinda they either make the assumption(for some items), or just really don't care.

Examples - buying neocash/MLP:FiM toys. Those are the kinda thing which many people say that they do the whole "For a kid" thing, but I don't care to mention anything. At least, in the local Gamestation, one of the members of staff is pretty awesome, if anything being helpful with this kinda thing.

But I'm hoping we get L Trigs, at the very least, as stores in America seem to be completely stocked with them, it's rather odd that they'd have a lot of one figure, this late

To be fair, you're female and still a teenager. I'm male and I have 10 years on you, the looks I get when buying (for example) MLP related stuff are sometimes disapproving...
---

#338 Posted: 22:39:21 06/03/2012
To be fair, you're female and still a teenager. I'm male and I have 10 years on you, the looks I get when buying (for example) MLP related stuff are sometimes disapproving...

Well yeah, but still, in that case they shouldn't really need to ask anyway, should they? I mean, if you look like you're old enough to have at least one kid of the right sort of age, then they should probably end up assuming that, if anything smilie

I just figured it was odd, as neither myself or my dad, when I've been shopping with him, have had weird looks when buying kids stuff... Y'know, buying the kinda thing like the Moshi Monsters figures, amongst other things
#339 Posted: 22:47:01 06/03/2012
Hex/Zap/Dino-Rang triple is "IN STOCK" on amazon for £19.99 right now.
---

#340 Posted: 22:55:30 06/03/2012
I'm a 21-year-old male and I have no issues buying things people would perceive to be for children. I tend to accept that I enjoy what I enjoy and that it shouldn't bother me what sales clerks think of me as I approach the till.

LEGO, Skylanders, Pokémon... it's all entertainment, and it happens to entertain me. I wouldn't pretend that I had children just to make one person who I'm unlikely to ever meet again or get to know very well think that I'm really a young parent who spends an obscene amount of money on toys rather than, say, food for the child.
---
#341 Posted: 23:12:13 06/03/2012
Quote: Sequoia Spyro
I'm a 21-year-old male and I have no issues buying things people would perceive to be for children. I tend to accept that I enjoy what I enjoy and that it shouldn't bother me what sales clerks think of me as I approach the till.

LEGO, Skylanders, Pokémon... it's all entertainment, and it happens to entertain me. I wouldn't pretend that I had children just to make one person who I'm unlikely to ever meet again or get to know very well think that I'm really a young parent who spends an obscene amount of money on toys rather than, say, food for the child.

I wish I didn't care what strangers think of me... I really don't know why I do. I admire your attitude but I'm the kind of person who cried IRL when I accidentally made Sunny Castanets think I was a rude noob the other day...

Oh and your list there: LEGO, Skylanders, Pokémon... those are pretty much the exact things I love but get embarrassed buying lol

Logically I know that most sales people don't even notice or care who buys what and would probably be likely to automatically assume an adult buying a kids toy was buying it for a young relative but *shrugs* I get embarassed easily...
---
#342 Posted: 23:39:59 06/03/2012
UK FIGURE UPDATE

So, ehh...

Zavvi, y'know them? Taking preorders on Zook, Lightning Rod, Ignitor, Double Trouble and Cynder with a 25 May release date
TheHut also has the above with the same date

Tesco(entertainment) has the same date for the DT triple pack, and that triple pack only available
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#343 Posted: 23:49:05 06/03/2012
"25 May release date" ... that's nearly 3 freakin' months away !!!!

and do they really wonder why so many people are getting bored and frustrated with this game?
#344 Posted: 23:58:20 06/03/2012
Quote: t7gga
"25 May release date" ... that's nearly 3 freakin' months away !!!!

and do they really wonder why so many people are getting bored and frustrated with this game?

Yes, i know...

But, it's SOMETHING at the very least
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#345 Posted: 07:57:20 07/03/2012
[quote=Deandria
I wish I didn't care what strangers think of me... I really don't know why I do. I admire your attitude but I'm the kind of person who cried IRL when I accidentally made Sunny Castanets think I was a rude noob the other day...[/quote]

Which I do feel bad about, and apologise for smilie

I wouldn't feel too embarrassed about it, either. Heck, I went into GAME a short bit before the game came out and asked to pre-order the 3DS one. And they kept saying "do you mean Skyward Sword?" and I was all "NO. SKYLANDERS." at them. I then talked to them for about 15 minutes when I got my 3DS Skylanders game about how brilliant the PS3 one was (since I got it the day before release).

The way I see it, I don't care what strangers think of me, and people can't be classed as good friends if they don't respect the things I like. If they're not doing any actual harm to anyone, what's the problem?
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#346 Posted: 11:33:53 07/03/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets

I wish I didn't care what strangers think of me... I really don't know why I do. I admire your attitude but I'm the kind of person who cried IRL when I accidentally made Sunny Castanets think I was a rude noob the other day...

Which I do feel bad about, and apologise for smilie

No need to apologise, the fault was clearly mine, I mistyped. I don't want you to feel bad about my mistake. I'm just over-sensitive in general >.<

Edit: Smyths have a number of single and triple packs and Pirate Seas available to buy online. They charge £4.99 for delivery on orders under £40 but their triples and adventure packs are the standard £19.99 and the singles are a mix of £6.99 (cheapest you can get at the moment) and £7.99.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:19:59 07/03/2012 by Deandria
#347 Posted: 09:55:32 08/03/2012
Finally! My DT triple pack arrived today, so I have successfully completed Wave Three.

[User Posted Image]

I also received my Legendary Trigger Happy so that completes my Legendary set.

[User Posted Image]

All in all, Wave Three cost me:

£22.02 for Cynder
£32.96 for Double Trouble (+ Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant)
£19.99 for Empire of Ice
$34.99 ~ £22.12 for Legendary Trigger Happy

I don't count L-Trigs as part of the wave, and I will be selling Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant on eBay, so I guess, when you look at it that way, it's not TOO bad.

If I'd continued to check TRU for them I would have wasted £4.40 on bus fares per journey, and at least £1 in phone calls each time I called. Go figure.

Now I can sit back and forget Skylanders until Wave Four. I'ma go play with them now :3
---
#348 Posted: 10:47:14 08/03/2012
^Oooh, nasty... That is a lot...

My Cynders are arriving next week! Cost me £16, free shipping, for the two of them!

Then I'm going to preorder Dragon's Peak from Amazon, unless it's cheaper elsewhere...
scottehx Platinum Sparx Gems: 5835
#349 Posted: 11:20:43 08/03/2012
Wow is that a gold snes in the background?
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#350 Posted: 11:42:21 08/03/2012
Quote: scottehx
Wow is that a gold snes in the background?

looks more like a tobacco yellowed snes that have been spray painted....
First | Previous | Page 7 of 36 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 34 35 36

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me