Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 36 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35 36
The UK Skylanders Hunters Thread :) [CLOSED]
outerdragon Green Sparx Gems: 273
#1 Posted: 15:45:11 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Yah the topic pretty much says it all. Am from the uk and i cant seem to find skylanders for the life of me. So i want to no if anyone else is having as hard time as me or if anyone knows any good places where i stand a good chance finding them thanks smilie
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:17:28 25/01/2012 by outerdragon
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#2 Posted: 15:54:27 22/01/2012
My local Tesco was empty since Christmas I went about 2 days ago they had a lot back in stock about 4 pirate seas adventure packs, 4 darklight crypt packs, about 5 triple packs with (hex, dino-rang and zap and had about 10 singles with wrecking ball, dino-rang, hex, boomer and 2 others but cant remember who except they weren't fire or life skylanders as my Gf needs those. game had some in stock online and so did play.com don't know whether they still do though.
---
I Have: 37/37
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#3 Posted: 15:54:56 22/01/2012
Yes and currently the best place to try is Game, Gamestation and Toys R Us stores. Don't waists your time on their websites, ring or pop into your local one instead.
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#4 Posted: 15:59:36 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator
cheers for the reply guys i no its really hard finding skylanders in the uk ive been lucky getting the ones i have so far. Ive been trying game and gamestation and 9 out of ten every time i ring they either havent got none at all, or they have some come in but r gone within mins. So unless i move my bed outside there stores lol i cant see me getting any for a while
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:02:20 22/01/2012 by outerdragon
#5 Posted: 16:18:07 22/01/2012
Quote: outerdragon
cheers for the reply guys i no its really hard finding skylanders in the uk ive been lucky getting the ones i have so far. Ive been trying game and gamestation and 9 out of ten every time i ring they either havent got none at all, or they have some come in but r gone within mins. So unless i move my bed outside there stores lol i cant see me getting any for a while

My nearest Game and Gamestation get stock on either Wednesday or Thursday at around the 11am mark. Ring your local and see if you can squeeze their delivery day out of them. I've been doing the same with my nearest TRU stores and I call them at 12.30 on delivery day (after they have unpacked the delivery) and check what they have. A quick phone call is better than a wasted trip on the bus/train/tube. Also watch the forums here as people are posting when they find figures. Good luck smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:19:15 22/01/2012 by Buzzthebatgirl
#6 Posted: 16:20:45 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl

My nearest Game and Gamestation get stock on either Wednesday or Thursday at around the 11am mark. Ring your local and see if you can squeeze their delivery day out of them. I've been doing the same with my nearest TRU stores and I call them at 12.30 on delivery day (after they have unpacked the delivery) and check what they have. A quick phone call is better than a wasted trip on the bus/train/tube. Also watch the forums here as people are posting when they find figures. Good luck smilie

Cheers for the info hopefully ill stand a chance getting some with that info. I dont have a TRUS nearly me saddly so i havent got them as an option.
---
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#7 Posted: 16:52:14 22/01/2012
As I said on another thread, I popped in to my local GAME and Gamestation this week and both said they had none, but were going to recieve multiple shipments over next week.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#8 Posted: 18:35:40 22/01/2012
Our stores just don't seem to get anything in at all. It's really bugging me now, to be honest, and being in a small town, it's not like we have the masses of demand the bigger towns and cities have.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#9 Posted: 18:40:24 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sunny Castanets
Our stores just don't seem to get anything in at all. It's really bugging me now, to be honest, and being in a small town, it's not like we have the masses of demand the bigger towns and cities have.

thats exactly my point. It seems like other places have loads of skylanders which even include wave 3 and we so far have nothing. Where l am, am lucky if i can find any wave 1 or 2 figures. Its is bugging me to m8 i really hope the above post is ture and Game and Gamestation are getting shipments in this week
---
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#10 Posted: 19:29:11 22/01/2012
my store wont get anything skylanders untill february. their reason was because the whole world was empty of it.

sounds legit?
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:29:25 22/01/2012 by LyraDragon
Triggster9000 Red Sparx Gems: 98
#11 Posted: 19:42:24 22/01/2012
i have been hunting since christmas and have found a grand total of 1 skylander(voodood)
and i live in england
---
OWN:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#12 Posted: 19:43:41 22/01/2012
I think EVERYONE from the UK has been having trouble... Although, I did see one of the lone Boomers in a Gamestation.
#13 Posted: 20:08:21 22/01/2012
Think I've been quite lucky and found all the ones I've got fairly easily fingers crossed wave 3 will be as easy when they finally make it over here
---
#14 Posted: 23:10:56 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: LyraDragon
my store wont get anything skylanders untill february. their reason was because the whole world was empty of it.

sounds legit?

lol what was that guy on? although to b fair to that guy he could have a point lol
---
#15 Posted: 23:11:52 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skaterpunkdan
Think I've been quite lucky and found all the ones I've got fairly easily fingers crossed wave 3 will be as easy when they finally make it over here

by the looks of your sig u have been lucky do u mind me asking where u got your skylanders from it could help some people on here?
---
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#16 Posted: 23:39:04 22/01/2012
I got some of my Skylanders from GAME and Gamestation stores, Drill Sergeant from Smyths and the rest I bought online.

Tesco.com, Amazon.co.uk, eBay, etc.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#17 Posted: 23:41:11 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sequoia Spyro
I got some of my Skylanders from GAME and Gamestation stores, Drill Sergeant from Smyths and the rest I bought online.

Tesco.com, Amazon.co.uk, eBay, etc.

cheers i just looked on amazon and manged to pre-order eoi woohooo smilie i hope this means things could b looking up.....i doubt it but u never know lol
---
#18 Posted: 08:54:01 23/01/2012
Have any more preorders for Wave 3 made their way to Amazon yet?
---
#19 Posted: 09:03:48 23/01/2012
Quote: Skaterpunkdan

by the looks of your sig u have been lucky do u mind me asking where u got your skylanders from it could help some people on here?

mainly 2 stores toys r us and my local Tesco probably got more from tesco though think i only darklight crypt and wave 2 characters from toys r us I've mentioned in another thread my local Tesco was restocked with quite a lot so people should check there's
---
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#20 Posted: 09:55:00 23/01/2012
i was very fortunate, i went into my local tesco on the day the game went on sale. they had a display of the wave 1 skylanders including whirlwind and the pirate seas adventure pack ... 1 of each landed in the shopping trolley.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:56:10 23/01/2012 by t7gga
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#21 Posted: 10:45:46 23/01/2012
Has anyone called TRU yet today to enquire about the week's shipment details? I was going to call after work.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#22 Posted: 11:11:04 23/01/2012
just called the TRU hayes store ... only starter packs in stock and no date for new stock
Wynne1975 Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#23 Posted: 13:49:44 23/01/2012
My local tru told me that this Friday will see more stock (probably like 2 weeks ago when it accompanied a Daily Mail advert).

They also said that wave 3 will be out in mid February.
#24 Posted: 13:50:53 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Have any more preorders for Wave 3 made their way to Amazon yet?

No m8 I could only find eoi I'll keep u posted when they have more. Btw my local game had some wave 2 stock in not much though. They also said they may have a shipment weds smilie
---
AndreDarx Green Sparx Gems: 297
#25 Posted: 14:08:58 23/01/2012
Same situation here in Italy: unfortunately, I've got only a Gamestop near to where I live and they said to come back after two weeks: let's hope they will have Cynder, since for now is the only Skylander that I would like to get...
---
Skylanders own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie + Blue Bash
Getting: smilie smilie smilie
#26 Posted: 14:30:44 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: AndreDarx
Same situation here in Italy: unfortunately, I've got only a Gamestop near to where I live and they said to come back after two weeks: let's hope they will have Cynder, since for now is the only Skylander that I would like to get...

Yah cynder does look pretty sweet m8 but like most of us on this thread it does not look like we are going to get her anytime soon, and am not that stupid to pay the amont their asking on eBay.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:31:50 23/01/2012 by outerdragon
#27 Posted: 12:33:32 24/01/2012
Okay, I'm just off the phone with the closest TRU me (Old Kent Road for those unaware), today is their weekly delivery. They said they have no triple packs just singles of ones they had previously. The guy sounded clueless, so I will hazard a guess that they have Zap, Hex, Wrecking Ball, Eruptor, etc. funnily enough the guy told me the next delivery is on Friday this week. My spider-sense is tingling as previously their deliveries are on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I will be calling Collier's Wood branch tomorrow as that is their next delivery and edit in the results if there is no post after this one.

Hope that helps everyone smilie
---
#28 Posted: 12:43:23 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Okay, I'm just off the phone with the closest TRU me (Old Kent Road for those unaware), today is their weekly delivery. They said they have no triple packs just singles of ones they had previously. The guy sounded clueless, so I will hazard a guess that they have Zap, Hex, Wrecking Ball, Eruptor, etc. funnily enough the guy told me the next delivery is on Friday this week. My spider-sense is tingling as previously their deliveries are on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I will be calling Collier's Wood branch tomorrow as that is their next delivery and edit in the results if there is no post after this one.

Hope that helps everyone smilie

thanks buzzthebatgirl i may try TRU b 4 i go to work fingers crossed theyll have some. Btw guys u may want to try your nearist Game 2moro as thats normally when they get some skylanders in hope that helps u guys.
---
#29 Posted: 12:48:43 24/01/2012
thanks buzzthebatgirl i may try TRU b 4 i go to work fingers crossed theyll have some. Btw guys u may want to try your nearist Game 2moro as thats normally when they get some skylanders in hope that helps u guys.

No problem, also pop into your local Gamestation and ask them nicely if they have Volcanic Vault, you might be able to get one like I did last week. smilie
---
#30 Posted: 12:53:04 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator

No problem, also pop into your local Gamestation and ask them nicely if they have Volcanic Vault, you might be able to get one like I did last week. smilie

Really i thought u had to buy the game to get it?
---
#31 Posted: 13:38:47 24/01/2012

I assume so, I got my Wii game as a gift, didn't get the Vault, but didn't cause any fuss. Gamestation do give out V.V.s to people who buy the game, but ask nicely or ask politely while buying a figure "have you heard of this Volcanic Vault thing?". You never know, you might get one but then again you might not. It never hurts to ask
---
#32 Posted: 13:50:03 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator

I assume so, I got my Wii game as a gift, didn't get the Vault, but didn't cause any fuss. Gamestation do give out V.V.s to people who buy the game, but ask nicely or ask politely while buying a figure "have you heard of this Volcanic Vault thing?". You never know, you might get one but then again you might not. It never hurts to ask

C I was thinking of doing that but I just never thought they would. Aw wel I'll have 2 b really nice nxt time am there and c if they give me 1 lol thanks for the info
---
#33 Posted: 14:07:39 24/01/2012
^ No worries Outerdragon, happy hunting smilie
---
#34 Posted: 19:06:25 24/01/2012
Good luck, all you people who live in places in the UK that aren't small and rubbish for Skylanders like me! smilie
---
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#35 Posted: 19:23:32 24/01/2012
if its too hard for retail or other shops try evil-bay that might help
Like im getting an double trouble from a seller.

AND my only nearest shop is my gamepod and argos and when i bought my skylanders game they were in stock but when i went into there a few days later they were sold out.
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:26:19 24/01/2012 by Ellioy
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#36 Posted: 21:52:46 24/01/2012
Good luck, all you people who live in places in the UK that aren't small and rubbish for Skylanders like me! smilie

Tell me about it. I went a checked stock for Skylanders in Argos the other day, 3 triple packs in stock. I didn't think that was bad, it would last until I had some money to buy Skylanders... I was wrong. The next day, they were all gone. It's far more popular here than I thought.
#37 Posted: 22:07:01 24/01/2012
the german and spanish amazon sites have wave 3 to pre-order for february.

it makes sense therefore that all wave 3 will soon be available on amazon.co.uk also for february delivery ... empire of ice is already on there to pre-order

i can hold out for a few more weeks so that i only pay the retail price
#38 Posted: 22:09:22 24/01/2012
Please spare a though for my friend who lives in Ireland. He has been told by the two large Toys/video game stores in Dublin (Smyths and GameStop) that they will not get any guaranteed figures until the end of February/start of March. We have it lucky here, only another two weeks at the most for figures
---
#39 Posted: 01:07:27 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Please spare a though for my friend who lives in Ireland. He has been told by the two large Toys/video game stores in Dublin (Smyths and GameStop) that they will not get any guaranteed figures until the end of February/start of March. We have it lucky here, only another two weeks at the most for figures

Yah that does kind of suck. To b fair though if things keep up like this i dont think ill b able to find any til the end of feb (really hope am wrong though lol)
---
#40 Posted: 12:06:37 25/01/2012
As promised I just got off the phone to the TRU Collier's Wood branch. They have only singles of Zap and Boomer today, no other packs today. Ended up having a nice chat with the multimedia manager who was genuinely frustrated at his lack of stock. All he can do is ask for Skylanders and pray he gets some. He did say his next delivery is next week sometime, but he didn't know when. He was aware of the rumour that Wave 3 might be out next week, but he had nothing concrete. Interestingly he did say that the store in Stoke (I may have scribbled the name wrong) had a silver figure. Hope that helps everyone, stay positive and happy hunting!
---
#41 Posted: 13:44:58 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
As promised I just got off the phone to the TRU Collier's Wood branch. They have only singles of Zap and Boomer today, no other packs today. Ended up having a nice chat with the multimedia manager who was genuinely frustrated at his lack of stock. All he can do is ask for Skylanders and pray he gets some. He did say his next delivery is next week sometime, but he didn't know when. He was aware of the rumour that Wave 3 might be out next week, but he had nothing concrete. Interestingly he did say that the store in Stoke (I may have scribbled the name wrong) had a silver figure. Hope that helps everyone, stay positive and happy hunting!

At least your TRU are picking up the phone, my local Gamestation arnt. Ive been trying most of the day and they havent bothered to pick up the phone.
---
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#42 Posted: 14:31:54 25/01/2012
I'm not finding it particularly hard, just wave 3 isn't out yet and Cynder is my priority. If I found Zap/Bash cheap, I'd grab them, but at the moment, it's fine as it is. Game get a shelf-full of figures each week, with GS getting 4 or 5. Two local Currys have had the triple packs, so all is good at the mo
#43 Posted: 15:18:31 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: bisylizzie
I'm not finding it particularly hard, just wave 3 isn't out yet and Cynder is my priority. If I found Zap/Bash cheap, I'd grab them, but at the moment, it's fine as it is. Game get a shelf-full of figures each week, with GS getting 4 or 5. Two local Currys have had the triple packs, so all is good at the mo

Currys actually sell skylanders who knew lol and i have to say your Game must be good if they get a shelf-ful coz mine hardly get that
---
#44 Posted: 15:29:45 25/01/2012
Currys and PC World are owned by the same company so if one has them the other might have it too. I've already hit the local Currys and they had squat.
---
Wynne1975 Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#45 Posted: 16:56:51 25/01/2012
Currys and PC World are owned by the same company so if one has them the other might have it too. I've already hit the local Currys and they had squat.

Whereabouts are you in UK?
#46 Posted: 16:57:47 25/01/2012
Currys actually sell skylanders who knew lol and i have to say your Game must be good if they get a shelf-ful coz mine hardly get that

My Game isn't that great smilie I just get there before they all get sold. Usually by Friday most, if not all, have gone(it seems that here Zap is in low demand as that's one figure which lingered for a while last I checked. Next check tomorrow smilie

I know, as are Dixons. However, the local PC World is closer to the town center(almost next to ASDA, which sells out their stock alarmingly fast(plus I have no idea where they put them either)) than Currys, so easier for most people to get to. Either that, or PC World just never had stock when I went in
#47 Posted: 17:01:44 25/01/2012
my local game store had on their last weekly delivery ... 2 triple packs ... lol, the manager just rolled his eyes
#48 Posted: 17:34:40 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
K finally got hold of Game in my area not Gamestation i gave up waiting for them to answer the bloody phone smilie anyway they said they should have some in friday so fingers crossed they get a few in. Hope this helps u guys.
---
#49 Posted: 17:43:02 25/01/2012
Quote: Wynne1975
Whereabouts are you in UK?

Smack bang in the middle of Eltham and Lewisham AKA South East London area.

I ring the Old Kent Road TRU as I can get close to there on a bus and have a 20 minute walk. I also ring the Collier's Wood TRU branch as they are more convenient to get to, but are a 2 hour train and tube ride away.

I regularly pop into the both the Eltham and Lewisham Gamestations for figures. I gave up going into Lewisham Game as the manager went on a rant last time about Nintendo not sending him enough Skylanders figures (anyone spot the error in that quote?).
---
#50 Posted: 17:47:59 25/01/2012
I regularly pop into the both the Eltham and Lewisham Gamestations for figures. I gave up going into Lewisham Game as the manager went on a rant last time about Nintendo not sending him enough Skylanders figures (anyone spot the error in that quote?).

That's great smilie

I'm Boston, Lincs so when I'm going to college, I can easily walk into town and check out Game, Gamestation. I asked in Game and kinda got a "Er, yeah. We don't know when we're getting more in, we don't have any, not had any recently", thinking about it, this was before i started seeing the figures more regularly :/
Page 1 of 36 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35 36

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me