Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
No need to open your Skylanders.... [CLOSED]
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#1 Posted: 03:07:13 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator
No need to open your Skylanders....

I am sure many of you know this already... but I think many of you don't know this either.
You do not have to take the Skylanders out of package to play in game.
Simply put the package on the portal and "boom" there they are! Triple packs work too, just need to be under the Skylander or object you wanna use!

I just figured I would make a topic on this...I wish I would have known this before opening over half of my collection!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#2 Posted: 03:09:26 22/01/2012
And then your friends can laugh at you when you tell them you want to keep them pristine so they will become a collectors item. Just open them and enjoy them, people!
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#3 Posted: 03:09:37 22/01/2012
@ Jap: But that's really awkward... And then you don't get the joy of opening the package! smilie

Also, what about stickers and codes? You can't use them without opening can you?
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:15:57 22/01/2012 by Dragons-go-hrr
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 03:13:55 22/01/2012
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
^But that's really awkward... And then you don't get the joy of opening the package! smilie

Also, what about stickers and codes? You can't use them without opening can you?

Well technically you can just use them on a portal connected to your computer.

But I like opening them. The only things I keep in the package out of ANY of the things I collect are if they're some sort of special edition thing. (Ie, the CHASE Pixar Cars vehicles, Ultra Ben/Wildvine variations in the Ben 10 line; Obi-Wan, Luke and R2 from the "First Run" release of the Star Wars figures and the Palpatine/Yoda Stitch figures from Walt Disney World)

Like, if I had the Gold/Silvers, I'd keep them in the package. But regular ones are fine to open. They're nicer to have out of the box anyways.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#5 Posted: 03:13:56 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator
ha ha ha Yah true true....I am just saying herd some people were unsure if they wanted to open their new figures???? Just giving them the option!
Also seen some collection where they are taking them out and trying to keep the package pristine!

My friends do not laugh at my collection? haha What friends? hahaha
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:14:45 22/01/2012 by JAP28
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#6 Posted: 05:37:56 22/01/2012
Quote: JAP28
ha ha ha Yah true true....I am just saying herd some people were unsure if they wanted to open their new figures???? Just giving them the option!
Also seen some collection where they are taking them out and trying to keep the package pristine!

My friends do not laugh at my collection? haha What friends? hahaha

I assume you're referring to me about that "taking them out and keeping the package pristine" comment, seeing as how you mentioned this in the "post your collection" topic after I posted the pictures of the empty packages hanging on the wall.

I'm doing that because it satisfies both aspects of buying Skylanders. On the one hand I want to take them out of the packaging and play with them in game, and yes, even as a 22 year old male I'm not ashamed to admit that I occasionally play with the figures themselves. On the other hand the collector in me wants to keep them sealed and keep the collector's value to them. To get around these mixed feelings about opening them, I hang on to the opened packaging to keep that element of value to it. Then when I tape them back up (with the card and sticker still inside) and hang the empty packaging on my wall, it not only allows me to have the satisfaction of having a display, but they also make spiffy wall decorations to brighten up the room! On top of that, I can also have a display of the loose figures, all within easy access to just grab the ones I need for a play session.

Overall I think the benefits of opening them and enjoying them far outweigh the small satisfaction of having an unopened complete set, regardless of if you can still use them in game.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
#7 Posted: 05:44:41 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator
^ Yah I agree with you and I was not just refereeing to you!

There is part of me that does like having them in package. I also like having them open too they look so cool and much easier to grab and hold rotate ect.....
I wish I had enough money to do both and collect doubles.

Like I said I just made this topic to let people know....that's all.
Also I really wish someone would have told me...............would never have opened my drill sergeant and exclusives.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:47:56 22/01/2012 by JAP28
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#8 Posted: 06:32:47 22/01/2012
There is no way my 8 year old daughter and 5 year old son would ever not open these things. I bought them to be played with. Just about every night the figures go on an adventure. With the recent additions, they have started to explore underground (drill sgt.) as well as in other realms (whirlwind).

I can see not wanting to open them if your intention is to resell them months or years down the line. However, if you dont ever plan on selling them, open the little buggers up. You will have more fun with them open.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#9 Posted: 10:53:21 22/01/2012
I'd feel really weird playing with a figure in the packaging. Mine are all out of their boxes and on display!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#10 Posted: 00:40:06 23/01/2012
For the record, I see some people are keeping them MIB but then levelling them up to level 10. They then sell them on EBay, etc.

I don't care what others do but I, personally, would not pay a premium for a standard fig which has been levelled up when I would want the joy of doing that myself.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
BIG_Rich Blue Sparx Gems: 613
#11 Posted: 01:47:26 23/01/2012
Quote: Himewad
And then your friends can laugh at you when you tell them you want to keep them pristine so they will become a collectors item. Just open them and enjoy them, people!

I agree 100%. I buy these things to enjoy them not keep them in a retail box.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me