Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Does anybody need the Legendary pack? [CLOSED]
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#1 Posted: 21:21:21 21/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I did store pickup for the Legendary Pack and surprisingly I got an e-mail saying it's ready to be picked up. I thought it would be cancelled since I tried this four other times and all orders have been cancelled, but it now says they are waiting for me. I ordered two, so assuming it's the correct thing I'll have one to trade or sell. I value it at $24.99 plus $2 something with the tax and also a shipping fee. I'm not overcharging, this is exactly what I paid for them. Let me know if you're interested in buying it, otherwise I would trade one for the new three pack with Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant and Double Trouble straight up.

Now, since it's snowing here, I won't be able to go until probably Monday, but just wondering if anybody needed one. I hope they have the correct items for me.
soccerknight228 Green Sparx Gems: 134
#2 Posted: 21:29:20 21/01/2012
unless you are willing to sell it on amazon and hold it till February 20th-ish i guess no.... smilie
---
Owned Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
essadis Green Sparx Gems: 335
#3 Posted: 21:47:02 21/01/2012
if you do get them i will take them off you my brother just bought the game yesterday and i know he would love to get a set of these for his set
---
have: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
SlamBam Green Sparx Gems: 218
#4 Posted: 21:51:46 21/01/2012
I'm definetly interested. I've been looking all over for this. I messages you
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie 37/37
Godzilla Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#5 Posted: 22:41:25 21/01/2012
I am interested in this myself and I have the money for it if you are willing to sell one.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:42:46 21/01/2012 by Godzilla
Portalmaster458 Red Sparx Gems: 40
#6 Posted: 23:00:43 21/01/2012
I buy if your willin to sell.
outerdragon Green Sparx Gems: 273
#7 Posted: 23:01:59 21/01/2012
Ill also consider if u want to sell.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie]
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#8 Posted: 23:08:50 21/01/2012
PM sent
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#9 Posted: 23:38:48 21/01/2012
I sent you a PM. My son is looking for a set of those.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 23:44:12 21/01/2012
That feel when no one started the thread off claiming it was advertising.

I guess it's a different story if it's something someone wants.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#11 Posted: 00:23:29 22/01/2012
I'll trade my "triple pack" of WW DS and DT that im getting in the mail from GameMaster for it. It'll take like a week or two to send it out but it's better then nothing~! My son would love these better then the other ones anyways since he loves chop chop lol

ill send you a PM as well =)

EDIT; also i think this should be sold/traded to someone who hasnt gotten their hands on one yet. Even if it isnt me, i just think it would be fairer that way.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:27:53 22/01/2012 by terranakari
Boomermite Red Sparx Gems: 79
#12 Posted: 01:04:48 22/01/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

Funny isn't it?
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#13 Posted: 01:08:10 22/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

What, you dont have for of them already? You mean you cant be patient until they come back in stores?
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#14 Posted: 01:39:31 22/01/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

Bingo. No advertising. Wait - you have a legendary pack? Gimme gimme gimme!
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Godzilla Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#15 Posted: 01:49:31 22/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour

What, you dont have for of them already? You mean you cant be patient until they come back in stores?

How do you know that these are coming back to stores? They might not.
mhutton Green Sparx Gems: 383
#16 Posted: 02:02:50 22/01/2012
glad i got mine
---
My collection:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie
#17 Posted: 02:16:53 22/01/2012

I bet that was nothing more than a rumor. My friends inside TRU tell me it's an X item, meaning it is discontinued. I highly doubt stores will get more in.

I just made my offer to him. He/she is free to turn my offer down if he/she wants. Any parent would do anything for their kids.
---
#18 Posted: 02:28:06 22/01/2012
I have word from someone who works for activision. Read to bottom of this post.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=45745
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#19 Posted: 03:26:33 22/01/2012

How about a 10 dollar bet? That's from a site outside the US. Wasn't there another thread here, where someone spoke to a member of Activision here in the US, who stated that the set is indeed done being released?
---
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#20 Posted: 03:34:43 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator

I bet that was nothing more than a rumor. My friends inside TRU tell me it's an X item, meaning it is discontinued. I highly doubt stores will get more in.

I just made my offer to him. He/she is free to turn my offer down if he/she wants. Any parent would do anything for their kids.

It's discontinued? I'm probably going to take your offer, since I'll still have one for myself.
#21 Posted: 03:45:18 22/01/2012

If you really want to make a sacrifice for your son, take your pack off the wall and give it to him.
---
#22 Posted: 04:11:41 22/01/2012
You know, I didn't ask for this set to be discontinued. It's not my fault people don't get these when they first come out.

When I see literally 50 on store shelves, then 5 boxes of 6 - with more to come - behind cabinets above the display, there's no reason for me to think these were ever going to be available for a limited time.

I bought all I needed, because at one time, my kids were only going to get 18 and 19 figures, which totals 37. Things changed. I shouldn't have to be made to feel guilty, because I am just doing what others here are, which is making an offer.

If I didn't have these, but others did, but they made an offer to get another while I still needed them, I wouldn't make a big deal about it.

I think of things like this -

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/stati...323883032-2.jpg

And I realize that ANY problems stemming from this game, isn't a real problem. I look at that, and realize that if I don't get something I need, that others already have, it's not a big deal, because getting something like this isn't an issue in life. It's a want, not a need, no matter if it's needed. Skylanders doesn't make our lives. The world won't magically blow up if we don't have certain figures.

I just made an offer. Should I have just gone straight to him, without mentioning it here? Should I really have to do things like that? If this website is full of constant criticism, because someone is trying to find one for his son, who happens to have one hanging on his wall, then I think it's from people who don't fully understand the situation.

So, allow me to go on a small explanation-filled rant.

My son sometimes displays an interest in this game. Sometimes I feel I am wasting my money buying him his complete set. This is why I don't just open the one on my wall. Should he lose interest, I'm out my shrine, as someone who cares about it even more than my son. However, I believe in equality in my household. I don't believe in bias here. If my oldest daughter gets a toy, so does my other daughter and son. My oldest daughter has a set of Legendary figures. So my son will have one too. How do I compensate my youngest? I buy her a couple of Skylanders to throw on a portal here and there, or to gnaw on.

Point is, I'm not going to give up something that he may not care for later on. As of now, he displays interest. Later on, he may not. That means I will have to sell his figures as a set later on, because I sure won't let it sit around and rot.

Again, I can't and would never tell P1anet Fun what to do with his set. I wouldn't make a suggestion on it. It's his money and his right to do whatever he wishes with it. If he didn't like my offer, he was free to pass on it. No hard feelings with him, because I couldn't get my son his own set.

However, just because I make an offer, based on having one hanging on my wall, doesn't make me any different than anyone else making an offer.

If anyone wants to point fingers, and I feel that's what people are doing with me because I have one hanging on my wall, point it straight at 1 company. Activision. They shouldn't be discontinuing ANY figure for this game, until the well has run dry, because these games were developed with the legendaries in mind. I am also not to blame for those who waited until the last second, to get these.

That's like saying I need to get mad at everyone else, because I had to spend 100 bucks to get a used copy of Suikoden II on PS1, when I used to see it sitting on shelves for months and months at Best Buy for 39.99, and I kept saying to myself, "Well, it hasn't sold yet. It never will. I got plenty of time."

I'm just making an offer. I shouldn't have to feel bad, when we are all trying to get things for our kids.
---
#23 Posted: 04:23:01 22/01/2012

How about a 10 dollar bet? That's from a site outside the US. Wasn't there another thread here, where someone spoke to a member of Activision here in the US, who stated that the set is indeed done being released?

I will take that $10 bet and I will PM you my paypal. Secondly, you do realize that one of swords is based out of activision's offices in california right? LOL

and you really need to take a closer look at the picture you posted. How is it a necessity for you to have so many extra figures? Just asking. If you feel guilt, that is your own fault. I see posts on here all the time about evil people posting auctions on ebay. I do it and I dont feel bad at all. I stated several times, the $ i make from the auctions funds the future purchases. I have started all 4 ( so far ) auctions at under retail. It is not my fault that people bid them up over retail to twice retail if not more. I only charge $5 for shipping when it costs me around $6.25 for shipping. As sam kinison once said,"Move to where the food is!"
---
My kids own :
#24 Posted: 04:37:34 22/01/2012

I will take that $10 bet and I will PM you my paypal. Secondly, you do realize that one of swords is based out of activision's offices in california right? LOL

and you really need to take a closer look at the picture you posted. How is it a necessity for you to have so many extra figures? Just asking. If you feel guilt, that is your own fault. I see posts on here all the time about evil people posting auctions on ebay. I do it and I dont feel bad at all. I stated several times, the $ i make from the auctions funds the future purchases. I have started all 4 ( so far ) auctions at under retail. It is not my fault that people bid them up over retail to twice retail if not more. I only charge $5 for shipping when it costs me around $6.25 for shipping. As sam kinison once said,"Move to where the food is!"

I know he's with Activision. However, even Nat Loh doesn't have info on character releases and he helped design the game. If Nat Loh doesn't know certain things about the game he worked on, how can Activisions resident employee and Activision super-fan know?

I will honor my word, as I always do. 10 dollars will be yours if these hit stores again. I warn you, though, I'm an odd one. While I can be wrong, more times than not, I am right. Not to boast, rather these things come to me in my mind.

I guess it would be odd to say - but who care - that 99.9% of my dreams feel real. They end up happening at some point in the future. I saw a girl in my dreams in 1999, that I didn't meet until I started at a modeling agency in 2001, where she was a model and receptionist there. I knew before my third child - my daughter - was conceived, that it would be a girl. I was playing with her in my bed in my dream, 9 months before my fiancee even got pregnant. Last year, when she was 1, that deja'vu finally happened.

Of course, I would LOVE, and I mean LOVE, to be wrong. I wouldn't be happier to fork over 10 bucks, because then everyone who waited until the last minute to get one, can finally get one. I just have gut feelings, and most of the time, it ends up being right, or I see these other things before they happen.

And no, I can't give people lottery numbers. If I do indeed have an ability to see things in the future, or before it happens, I don't want to be able to exploit it for personal gain. smilie

You may call me odd now (or some other word).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:38:23 22/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#25 Posted: 04:46:57 22/01/2012
blah blah blah

I love how you totally skipped the whole bit about necessity. Niiiiice.
---
My kids own :
#26 Posted: 05:55:34 22/01/2012
I didn't. I'm just not stupid enough to get an argument started or keep it going. People posted what they wanted to say, and so did I. I especially don't want to get into it about scalping, because I keep seeing the same - tired old cliche - excuses like "I don't tell people to drive the price over retail price," or "It's a free market." I swear if I had a nickel for everytime I heard some scalper say that, I'd be rich. Where did you feel the need to mention how you sell stuff on Ebay anyway?

Anyhow, keeping certain convos going with certain people here, will always lead to something immature, and it keeps going and going until the topic is closed. That's not how I roll. I'm not looking to beat a dead horse here.

EDIT: P1anet Fun, the offer I made is on the table. If you decide to roll with it, if they indeed come in, I am greatful. If you choose another offer, I understand. No hard feelings. I just need to know quick, as I hate having these Skylanders sitting in my closet.

Terran, don't forget I am mailing you those figures in baggies at your request, so to save on shipping costs. I got some extra bags, to try and keep the baggies they are in, from swishing around. Still awaiting that card before I ship them out.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:01:08 22/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#27 Posted: 06:36:56 22/01/2012
I didn't. I'm just not stupid enough to get an argument started or keep it going. People posted what they wanted to say, and so did I. I especially don't want to get into it about scalping, because I keep seeing the same - tired old cliche - excuses like "I don't tell people to drive the price over retail price," or "It's a free market." I swear if I had a nickel for everytime I heard some scalper say that, I'd be rich. Where did you feel the need to mention how you sell stuff on Ebay anyway?

Anyhow, keeping certain convos going with certain people here, will always lead to something immature, and it keeps going and going until the topic is closed. That's not how I roll. I'm not looking to beat a dead horse here.

EDIT: P1anet Fun, the offer I made is on the table. If you decide to roll with it, if they indeed come in, I am greatful. If you choose another offer, I understand. No hard feelings. I just need to know quick, as I hate having these Skylanders sitting in my closet.

Terran, don't forget I am mailing you those figures in baggies at your request, so to save on shipping costs. I got some extra bags, to try and keep the baggies they are in, from swishing around. Still awaiting that card before I ship them out.

It sounds more like you dont want to admit that your a hypocrite and cannot come to grips with what you have done and what you are preaching. I havent accused you of scalping. I havent accused you of some of the other things that others have. I have, however, accused you of being a hypocrite more than once. I have said many times that it makes no difference to me what you do with your disposable income.
---
My kids own :
#28 Posted: 08:11:43 22/01/2012
GM, the problem is that you go on and on about helping each other out, but then when something is available that you want, it's all about you, and you trample over everyone else to get it. Even though you've already got multiple copies. You know as well as I do that these advertising threads are frowned upon, but since it's a thread with legendary figures for sale, some people seem to not worry about that fact.

I have no doubt that your offer will beat anyone else's offer - your stockpile of merchandise beats everyone here. I honestly don't understand why you can't share your toys with your children. That sounds really strange to say to an adult. Why can't you have two copies of each figure (one for each upgrade path) that you all play with? I can't imagine playing this game with my son and keeping my figures separate from his. "sorry Billy, but that's MY legendary Spyro. You can't play with it." WTH is up with that?

You have said that a parent would do anything for his kids. This is a toy. I would absolutely NOT get any toy my son wants just because he wants it. Especially this soon after Christmas. My son wants all of the Skylanders, and has spent some of his Christmas money on extra figures. But I'm not going to give him a new package every time I acquire one. He will have to wait for a special occasion. Yes, I can afford it, but that's not the point. There are many figures that will be staying packed away until his birthday in the summer. I'm such a meanie!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:26:48 22/01/2012 by Himewad
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me