Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
FINALLY - done until Easter [CLOSED]
SkylanderMommy Red Sparx Gems: 92
#1 Posted: 14:04:11 19/01/2012 | Topic Creator
This whole "get every skylander" thing is seriously stressful. Yesterday, my local Best Buy got in their shipment and by the time I had called someone had bought the last two Cynders. I had them hold a Double Trouble for me anyway and left work to go and pick him up. On a whim, I walked next door to GameStop and they had exactly 3 skylanders left... one of them being Cynder. I plan on giving them to the kidlet tonight (he had hockey last night so he wouldn't have been able to play with them).

There's gotta be a better way to get them all. The only ones I don't have are the legendary skylanders, and at this point I'm kind of ok with that.
---
Owned:
{smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}
deathcrow Green Sparx Gems: 272
#2 Posted: 14:08:51 19/01/2012
I here ya. I can't afford the legendaries or the gold and silvers. Just glad to get the characters so we can play the game. Now to rest up myself and my wallet till wave 4 hits......
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#3 Posted: 14:13:09 19/01/2012
wave 4 hits around easter doesnt it?

EDIT; thats like 3 months away unless they release them sooner, which they said theyre going to start releasing skylanders sooner then they planned. (i wonder why though)...

cant wait for dragons peak!
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:14:41 19/01/2012 by terranakari
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 15:37:12 19/01/2012
Well, you don't necessarily need to get every single character. They're mainly for collecting purposes, although you will get a nice EXP increase when you have more.

The best bet is to get them whenever you see them. I called a few times and got sick of it after hearing so many "no" "We don't have any idea when they're coming in" or people just plain not even picking up the line. So now whenever I go to a store, I just take a look and if they're there, good. If not, oh well for me.

Although....It'd be insane if they release some sort of giant pack with all the figures in it. Like a complete set sort of deal!
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
SkylanderMommy Red Sparx Gems: 92
#5 Posted: 15:40:52 19/01/2012 | Topic Creator
We've already beat the game several times and the kidlet still has a blast playing it. He squeals with excitement every time I bring home a new character.

Sidenote: How do you put in your signature who you currently own? I'm apparently too much of a n00b to figure it out.
---
Owned:
{smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}
#6 Posted: 15:41:15 19/01/2012
Thats a good idea Spyroflame
---

spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#7 Posted: 15:45:29 19/01/2012
Quote: SkylanderMommy
We've already beat the game several times and the kidlet still has a blast playing it. He squeals with excitement every time I bring home a new character.

Sidenote: How do you put in your signature who you currently own? I'm apparently too much of a n00b to figure it out.

Hah, it took me a while to find them too. Here's all the smileys and you can put them in your signature here

Quote: terranakari
Thats a good idea Spyroflame

Whats nice is that I feel its probably pretty possible too. They sell those Hot Wheels in a special box which feature all the vehicles from the entire year in a neat looking box.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#8 Posted: 15:45:51 19/01/2012
Quote: SkylanderMommy

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/help/ here
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#9 Posted: 18:36:34 19/01/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Although....It'd be insane if they release some sort of giant pack with all the figures in it. Like a complete set sort of deal!

I thought for sure they would release 4-packs that had all four characters of a single element at some point, or 8-packs with one from each element, but I guess not.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#10 Posted: 18:39:47 19/01/2012
Quote: Himewad
Quote: spyroflame0487

I thought for sure they would release 4-packs that had all four characters of a single element at some point, or 8-packs with one from each element, but I guess not.

the triple packs alone are pretty cool, and the adventure packs! a 4 pack or an 8 pack would be just crazy! lol smilie but i see where your going with this.
---

Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#11 Posted: 18:49:31 19/01/2012
An 8 pack made available from the begining would have made the most sense from a gamer stand point. From a business stand point, it would never have worked. I would imagine it would have been priced around $60 and at that point, your paying as much for the game itself. Having these things available for as little as they are, is what is driving this game.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#12 Posted: 18:54:57 19/01/2012
Hey Whirlwind. You told me you needed Double Trouble, Drill Sergeant, Whirlwind and Cynder. Why do you have them in your sig of owned Skylanders?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#13 Posted: 20:11:56 19/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Hey Whirlwind. You told me you needed Double Trouble, Drill Sergeant, Whirlwind and Cynder. Why do you have them in your sig of owned Skylanders?

Not to be rude, but if it turns out she already has them, may I? Again, sorry, if this is rude or jumping the gun.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me