Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Toys R Us let me down [CLOSED]
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#1 Posted: 21:56:10 17/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I managed to find a store near me that said the Legendary Pack was in stock and available for store pickup. I placed an order, and a couple hours later I get an e-mail from them saying the order had been cancelled! They didn't actually have it. Has anybody else experienced something like this?
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#2 Posted: 22:02:28 17/01/2012
DAMN YOU TOYS R' US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#3 Posted: 22:04:40 17/01/2012
Maybe someone stole it?
#4 Posted: 22:12:30 17/01/2012 | Topic Creator
They probably forgot to update their system.
aza123neo Green Sparx Gems: 153
#5 Posted: 22:27:34 17/01/2012
I had something similar to this happen - TRU website listed my local store as having the Legendary pack in stock, drove all the way there to be told they do not have any left in stock and that their website listings are "out of our control" D:
---
Currently own:
[smilie smilie][smilie smilie smilie][smilie][smilie smilie][smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie]
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#6 Posted: 22:27:41 17/01/2012
I'm still kicking myself for not buying them when they first went on sale. I didn't realize they were considered different figures and not just color variations.
#7 Posted: 22:30:37 17/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I filed a complaint with toysrus.com, because this is really unacceptable. I understand that mistakes happen, but with something like this they should know not to get anybody's hopes up.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#8 Posted: 00:05:23 18/01/2012
Quote: P1anet Fun
I filed a complaint with toysrus.com, because this is really unacceptable. I understand that mistakes happen, but with something like this they should know not to get anybody's hopes up.

Good luck with that.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#9 Posted: 09:18:32 18/01/2012
I had this happen where I placed a "Click and Collect" for Legendary figures only I got a phone call and a voice mail to say they cancelled my order, seconds after I placed it. That was almost three weeks ago and neither the online site or any UK stores have had them back in stock since.
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#10 Posted: 09:33:29 19/01/2012
This sort of thing makes me very glad that I bought mine when I did, but I do wish sites would keep up to date better. The UK Toys R Us site is hideously out of date (it still lists the Darklight Crypt as an exclusive!).
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#11 Posted: 11:39:30 19/01/2012
I just rang the customer services for Toys R Us direct. The woman was helpful to a point. In short she said the TRU website is updated daily and they just don't have anything Skylanderish in the warehouse right now. When they do have stock in the online warehouse they have thousands of items as they must ship all over the country. Again she didn't know when the Legendary Pack would be back in and was unable to place a pre order for me. Interestingly she looked up if there was any other customer interest in the Pack. I say we all email TRU and show them there is a want for the product, that might convince them to restock it.
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me