Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Gamestop has wave 3 singles today: [CLOSED]
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#51 Posted: 18:42:10 18/01/2012
Central Pennsylvania GameStops got wave 3 in today, as well. We got Double Trouble and Cynder. Got Empire of Ice at WalMart Monday too.
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#52 Posted: 18:48:26 18/01/2012
Quote: Himewad
Just did my daily lunch rounds. TRU had a few triple packs of Zap/Hex/Dino-Rang and Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash, but that was all.

Target had nothing.

Wal-Mart had nothing.

Game Stop actually had some singles, including Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant, Chop Chop and Flameslinger. I asked them if this was all that was in the box, and the girl said, "yes." Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't there also be a Cynder and a Double Trouble in that box? I'm not too upset about it, because it allowed me to pick up Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant, but still. I almost made a big score.

Not going to open them yet because I would still like to find the triple pack with Double Trouble. Or a single pack of Double Trouble. I still haven't seen an EoI package yet.

Our Double Trouble and Cynder came out of a Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant, etc. box. She was either lying or just wrong.
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:49:56 18/01/2012 by Kesrael
Incindium Red Sparx Gems: 61
#53 Posted: 18:53:19 18/01/2012
Gamestop has the starter packs on sale for $49.99

http://www.gamestop.com/collec...-adventure-pack

Not too crazy a price to pick up Dark Spyro, Ignitor, and Stealth Elf even if you don't have a 3DS.
---
Magicsmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Techsmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Lifesmiliesmilie Earthsmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Firesmiliesmilie Watersmiliesmiliesmilie Undeadsmiliesmiliesmilie Airsmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:53:35 18/01/2012 by Incindium
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#54 Posted: 18:53:28 18/01/2012
Maybe someone bought them before she got on shift and she didn't realize that others came with it. Don't jump to killing the girl just yet...

On the bright side, I got two Cynders, Two Double Troubles, two Whirlwinds and two Drill Sergeants smilie

I went to two Gamestops. Left Chop Chop and Flameslinger at both. Went to a third gamestop and they said they never got Skylanders in. How is it possible that two gamestops got shipment and the third didnt? I have a feeling the third gamestop employee might have bought them for himself.

Called a 4th gamestop as well, well after I went to the other ones and he said they sold out in 20 minutes. Not upset cause I got two of each already but damn >.<

So happy I got mine, now i can sleep soundly.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ritap0519 Red Sparx Gems: 71
#55 Posted: 19:11:03 18/01/2012
Many Maryland Gamestops received their wave three today (singles only). I stopped at a store, the UPS truck was to arrive shortly. The very nice guy working there told me that he was only expecting singles. He called a nearby GS that already had delivery while I was waiting that confirmed the shipment would all have the wave three characters. (apparently they all receive the same shipments of skylanders).
So, when the box arrived, it had the two characters I was looking for - Cynder and Chop Chop, as well as all the other wave threes that someone posted are in the singles boxes. (there were only six or so characters in the box).

The guy was telling me that employees are not allowed to purchase the characters due to resale issues on ebay. But they are allowed to have friends or relatives come in and buy for them.

FYI, Lots of area Targets have received single packs, they do not seem to receive Cynder or Chop Chop - they seem to get the older character. They have received the three packs with Whirlwind/Drill Sargeant/Double Trouble.
I have yet to see an Empire of Ice three pack.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:14:05 18/01/2012 by ritap0519
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#56 Posted: 19:15:39 18/01/2012
Called 3 targets, 3 wallmarts, 3 kmarts, and 12 gamestops. Target had nothing, kmart had nothing, wallmart had some (get to that in a sec) and apparently all the gamestops got the new singles in (no Cynder) but all the new stuff had been bought :/
I am very disapointed with wallmart smilie this is basically the conversation I had

Me: Do you have any of the new skylanders stuff in?
Person: You mean the figures? We got the single guys
Me: Do you have Cynder?
Person: I wouldnt know we got a bunch of diffrent ones
Me: well can you tell me what you do have?
Person: No

Really is it that hard to check?
---
Praise Helix!!!
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#57 Posted: 19:21:10 18/01/2012
Quote: ialexonline
Maybe someone bought them before she got on shift and she didn't realize that others came with it. Don't jump to killing the girl just yet...

Maybe, but highly doubtful that she just got on shift because I was at the store about 90 minutes after they opened.

Besides, it's more fun to assume the clerk is evil and screwed me over.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#58 Posted: 19:22:17 18/01/2012
^ I always recieve bad service from Walmart and Toys'R'Us, I was left on hold on the phone with Toys'R'Us for a hour.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Crokus Green Sparx Gems: 198
#59 Posted: 19:50:48 18/01/2012
Hey there folks. Been lurking on this site for a while and appreciate all the tips folks haved shared which have helped me add to my collection. I can confirm that the gamestops in Alexandria, VA have received their wave 3 singles today. I was fortunate enough to drop in on one as they were accepting the delivery and was able to nab whirlwind, drill sergeant, double trouble and cynder today. Now I'm all set on skylanders until wave 4, woot (wouldn't mind getting my hands on the legendary triple pack tho)!
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie]
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#60 Posted: 19:55:28 18/01/2012
Sold out in west LA smilie

2 Gamestops said they didn't get anything, 2 said they sold out and people were waiting in the store for the ups guy. 1 had stock but they only had 6 single packs and there wasn't any cynder or double trouble.

they're not putting the shipments in the computers allegedly and a few told me to check by Friday but they get shipments everyday.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:40:35 18/01/2012 by BerryShaker
NCStarscream Green Sparx Gems: 494
#61 Posted: 21:39:27 18/01/2012
I went to two GameStops today. One had nothing, the other had four single figures, including Double Trouble and Cynder! I got the latter smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Isahn Green Sparx Gems: 101
#62 Posted: 21:59:16 18/01/2012
I called about 6 Gamestops in my area (North Phoenix) about 2 hours ago. ALL OF THEM had received shipments today! It appears to be the 6-single pack shipments (containing Cynder, Double Trouble, Flameslinger, Whirlwind, Chop Chop and Drill Sergeant) that had arrived. Naturally, some of them claimed they only "received 5" and Cynder was "mysteriously" absent... yeah right...

Well I found 1 that had a cool employee that saved me a Cynder, so I hit that one up. Success!

Anyway if anyone in the Phoenix metro area still needs wave 3, I'd hit them up. Someone might still have a few, and they should hold them for you.
RyanidePoison Green Sparx Gems: 140
#63 Posted: 23:06:17 18/01/2012
Found cinder, whirlwind, and double trouble at GameStop today in Milwaukee!! Sounds like most stores here got them today, but barely made it out of the box before someone scooped them up! Wow.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#64 Posted: 23:09:24 18/01/2012
Quote: RyanidePoison
Found cinder, whirlwind, and double trouble at GameStop today in Milwaukee!! Sounds like most stores here got them today, but barely made it out of the box before someone scooped them up! Wow.

That was you? >.< i called all 12 gamestops in driving distance. Which gamestop and what time of day?
---
Praise Helix!!!
Tramz Red Sparx Gems: 42
#65 Posted: 23:20:30 18/01/2012
Today I called 2 Gamestop's, a Walmart and a Toysrus in the Long Island area with no luck. One of the Gamestop employees did suggest to try again next week when they get their shipments, but I think it was just a general statement and not any real declaration that Cynder, or the Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant 3-pack would be in.

The good news for me is that I managed to snag Empire of Ice from ebgames last night and it's shipped. Arrival date? No later than the 20th. I checked today? It's sold out already. It's crazy how quick you have to be.
---
M: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] T: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] U: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] L: [smiliesmilie] F: [smiliesmilie] E: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] A: [smiliesmilie] W: [smiliesmiliesmilie]
the_box Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#66 Posted: 03:13:08 19/01/2012
My local Gamestop in New Jersey had singles of Wave 3. I picked up Cynder, Double Trouble, and Whirlwind.
---
Collection Complete! 37/37
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#67 Posted: 03:38:30 19/01/2012
We have 3 Gamestops in a square mile or less where I'm at.
- The first one I went to had Cynder, Whirlwind, and Chop Chop. The clerk was on the phone with someone looking for them as I picked the first two up. He told the caller, "All we have is Chop Chop." smilie
- The second one had a Flameslinger. Clerk said a mom picked up the other 3, presumably new. Beat me by 1/2 hour or less.
- The third one had a Chop Chop... clerks were quiet... I suspected the long-haired greasy looking one was keeping them.

Gamestop must be making a killing on these figures to justify sending separate Fedex shipments of only 4 figures each to three stores so close to each other.

At least one Gamestop across town had Empire of Ice this weekend... but none where I looked.
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#68 Posted: 05:35:53 19/01/2012
I also live in North Phoenix and I was on the phone with a very cool asst. Mgr at the Arrowhead Mall Gamestop as he opened up his shipment for the day (@11:35AM) and he held the four wave 3 biggies for me (Cynder, Double Trouble, Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant) until I could have them picked up in the later afternoon. Their shipment today had two of each of these in it and possibly a few others, but only singles. No triple packs or adventure packs.

The manager of this particular Gamestop went on record stating that a "proper" Gamestop store should be there to actually HELP the customers and *hold* items for ones that call in as long as they pick the items up in a timely fashion. He also stated that his stores (he runs/owns 5 of them) is only selling one of any particular figure to each person to help cut down on the scalping and to help get more figures into peoples hands and off Ebay.

Posts above are correct in that you should always call Gamestops around 11:45AM to 12:15PM as that is when they receive their shipments on any given day. I have been calling multiple GS' all week and it finally paid off today. I have the EoI adventure pack on order thru walmart.com (not due until 2/2), but I can wait...

BTW - Cynder & Drill Sergeant rock. Can't wait to start leveling up DT & WW.

Enjoy.

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#69 Posted: 06:35:28 19/01/2012
Quote: BerryShaker
Nothing in my gamestops in west los angeles. They were supposed to get a box today but it didn't come?? said they got 5/6 boxes. I thought that weird. He checked twice for me so I don't think he was lying?. Dunno.They all said to check back tomorrow.... Patiently waiting...

add uk to the list amazon uk is sending pre-orders for EoI coming feb 3rd
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ladyspyro Green Sparx Gems: 130
#70 Posted: 10:17:23 19/01/2012
Hey WI peeps. Any stores have the EOI? I'm willing to drive a distance. Im45 mins from milwakee. If anyone is willing to pick it up and sell it to me would be cool. I could keep haunting my stores and try to get figures others are missing too.

Some of the stores near me have pirate seas. Prism break, bash, um a few others. Willing to help people out. I have driven all the way to Janesville then to McHenry to get guys.mplus have family in New York and North Carolina looking too... Lol my whole house loves the game. We all play.
---
Mine!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:31:46 19/01/2012 by Ladyspyro
#71 Posted: 19:57:03 19/01/2012
So I called my closest Gamestop again today and they told me they had a shipment yesterday and sold out. @#$%@! I CALLED them yesterday and they said they didn't get anything in. I've been calling them everyday for the past 2 weeks. What a bunch of liars. I'm so sick of Gamestop employees lying. I'm boycotting them from now on. I hate TRU price gouging so I guess I can only shop at Best Buy and Target or Walmart now. smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#72 Posted: 20:13:46 19/01/2012
smiliesmilie snooze I loose.
I'll check the central PA gamestops.

-M
melt4rf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1078
#73 Posted: 20:50:17 19/01/2012
Anything in Michigan? Gamestop or any store i cant find wave 3 anywhere!
---
Have All 32 original SSA and new Giants Skylanders
Searching for: smilie smilie
Brony Blue Sparx Gems: 660
#74 Posted: 21:03:27 19/01/2012
Quote: melt4rf
Anything in Michigan? Gamestop or any store i cant find wave 3 anywhere!

Same here. Best buy only had wave 2 skylanders...
Dueck Green Sparx Gems: 301
#75 Posted: 21:45:53 19/01/2012
They didn't get any singles there today, but I got the Empire of Ice adventure pack and the Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant/Double Trouble pack.

edit: I'm in British Columbia, Canada.
---
smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie
smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:46:11 19/01/2012 by Dueck
#76 Posted: 21:58:01 19/01/2012
Quote: Dueck
They didn't get any singles there today, but I got the Empire of Ice adventure pack and the Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant/Double Trouble pack.

edit: I'm in British Columbia, Canada.

What store? I'll add it to the map. smilie
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#77 Posted: 22:09:54 19/01/2012
Neither of the Game Stops in my area will hold product, so it's hit or miss (mostly miss). Was fortunate to land a Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant yesterday, but still looking for that elusive Double Trouble. He's a sneaky feller.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#78 Posted: 22:14:45 19/01/2012
Glad you had some luck! I don't think the Gamestops around me have TIME to hold product, people have been waiting in the store for the shipment to come in. The day I did that, the box didn't come in, I have the worst luck. smilie I think I'll just wait till Feb until the craziness dies down. It's seriously absurd out there in los angeles, I'm glad I found EOI when I did.
---
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#79 Posted: 22:25:16 19/01/2012
Managed to pick up Whirlwind & Double Trouble today smilie so I'm only missing Cynder from wave 3 now. Don't lose heart folks, keep hitting up those Gamestops and Best Buys!
Ladyspyro Green Sparx Gems: 130
#80 Posted: 23:06:30 19/01/2012
I got a hold of EOI today. Gamestop got it in. they told me they have a guy that comes in every other day to snatch them up to sell on ebay. Jerk. Still need the Three pack with Drill, Whirl and Double. Anyone that can find them I will buy it from you and pay shipping. (For Cost) Need Cynder too. Willing to help anyone else out the same way.
---
Mine!
Tramz Red Sparx Gems: 42
#81 Posted: 23:16:34 19/01/2012
Today I hit 2 Gamestop's, a Best Buy, a Target, a Walmart and a Toysrus (all in the Long Island/Suffolk County area). All of them had nothing, and I mean nothing. I tried my luck getting the Gamestop reps to pre-order hold stuff for me (hey you never know if you get a sympathetic rep who will buck policy), but no luck. One of them did tell me that shipments have been pretty rare and they only get in like 4 units at a time. Under these conditions, I can understand not holding anything.

Does anyone wonder if the toys being purposely shorted to create this fervor? (hey it's been done before), or is the demand still really just this bad? Ah well, sooner or later I'll get my Cynder, and the Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant set (probably right before I have to start the hunt for Ignitor, Zook and Lightning Rod smilie). I've been lucky with everything else. I guess a bit of a tough time was due.

Btw, when I was in the Walmart, this pair of guys had 4 or 5 starter sets in their cart. Now either they are buying gifts for a lot of people, or they mistakenly think they are going to ebay those for a fortune, like everything else. Strange hehe.
---
M: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] T: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] U: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] L: [smiliesmilie] F: [smiliesmilie] E: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] A: [smiliesmilie] W: [smiliesmiliesmilie]
#82 Posted: 23:22:26 19/01/2012
Quote: Tramz
Today I hit 2 Gamestop's, a Best Buy, a Target, a Walmart and a Toysrus (all in the Long Island/Suffolk County area). All of them had nothing, and I mean nothing. I tried my luck getting the Gamestop reps to pre-order hold stuff for me (hey you never know if you get a sympathetic rep who will buck policy), but no luck. One of them did tell me that shipments have been pretty rare and they only get in like 4 units at a time. Under these conditions, I can understand not holding anything.

Does anyone wonder if the toys being purposely shorted to create this fervor? (hey it's been done before), or is the demand still really just this bad? Ah well, sooner or later I'll get my Cynder, and the Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant set (probably right before I have to start the hunt for Ignitor, Zook and Lightning Rod smilie). I've been lucky with everything else. I guess a bit of a tough time was due.

Btw, when I was in the Walmart, this pair of guys had 4 or 5 starter sets in their cart. Now either they are buying gifts for a lot of people, or they mistakenly think they are going to ebay those for a fortune, like everything else. Strange hehe.

Someone had some luck in the Farmingdale and Massapequa Walmart, but I think that was earlier in the week and stock was already low. I'm sure in a few weeks they'll be getting more than just 1 of each character in gamestops. You can always check the bestbuy website to see which stores have stock. It's generally accurate and someone told me BestBuy gets trucks in the morning and they are stocked by the time they open, the website seems to update later than this so might be worth checking out BB when they open.
---
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#83 Posted: 23:53:43 19/01/2012
Quote: Tramz
Does anyone wonder if the toys being purposely shorted to create this fervor? (hey it's been done before), or is the demand still really just this bad?

I don't think its anything so devious, more the result of a post-holiday boom. If you looked at store shelves before the holidays, they were packed with these suckers.
It definitely has that "hot item" appeal that makes it an easy sell during Christmas, but it helps that the game is actually really good too. Not many games cover such a broad spectrum in that it's something that kids, collectors, and gamers (both casual and hardcore) can find something to enjoy out of it.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me