Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Any Luck? [CLOSED]
quanzy9224 Red Sparx Gems: 38
#1 Posted: 18:47:03 16/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm surprised there hasnt been a REAL OFFICIAl topic but it has been implied, so... any luck with tha new guys?
---
<smiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmilie><smiliesmilie><smilie><smilie>
REALLY WANT: smiliesmiliesmilie
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#2 Posted: 20:05:10 16/01/2012
Quote: quanzy9224
I'm surprised there hasnt been a REAL OFFICIAl topic but it has been implied, so... any luck with tha new guys?

I'm getting ready to call Gamestop in a few minutes. At this point, the only thing I've managed to get is EOI from Walmart last Friday.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#3 Posted: 20:06:34 16/01/2012
Quote: Madel

I'm getting ready to call Gamestop in a few minutes. At this point, the only thing I've managed to get is EOI from Walmart last Friday.

Let me know what you find! All my gamestops didnt receive any shipments. Most likely the same for you smilie
But tomorrow, tomorrow I have a good feeling!
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#4 Posted: 20:08:14 16/01/2012
Quote: ialexonline

Let me know what you find! All my gamestops didnt receive any shipments. Most likely the same for you smilie
But tomorrow, tomorrow I have a good feeling!

I'll definitely let you know. smilie

I'm getting a good feeling about tomorrow, too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. For everyone.
---
terradorheart Green Sparx Gems: 418
#5 Posted: 20:08:39 16/01/2012
This morning I found one Empire of Ice and one triple pack with Drill Sergeant, Whirlwind, and Double Trouble at my local Target. I went in about 2 hours after they opened and found those, and saw a few other triple packs, and one Pirate Seas. My local Gamestop did not get any in, and Toys R Us had a couple, including Stump Smash.
#6 Posted: 20:10:40 16/01/2012
It bugs me that everyone except me has them...and its not like im not looking...I am...
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#7 Posted: 20:13:57 16/01/2012
It bugs me that everyone except me has them...and its not like im not looking...I am...

Do you read these forums at all? The overwhelming majority of us here do NOT have the new wave of figures.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#8 Posted: 20:16:18 16/01/2012
Quote: Himewad

Do you read these forums at all? The overwhelming majority of us here do NOT have the new wave of figures.

Have you read any of the threads today? LOADS of people are gettings parts or all of Wave 3 today. I don't even have a single piece...
---
#9 Posted: 20:25:07 16/01/2012

Have you read any of the threads today? LOADS of people are gettings parts or all of Wave 3 today. I don't even have a single piece...

Did I say that no one has found the new figures? Let me check. No, I did not.

Some people are finding them. That is a correct statement. I still say that most users here have seen nothing but empty shelves or old releases.

I am in the same boat as you in that I do not have a single wave 3 figure yet. We're gonna have to deal with it until we get lucky. It's not the end of the world. And six months from now, you won't even care that you weren't one of the first to find them. It's really not a big deal. Frustrating? Absolutely. But if Skylanders is your #1 thing you worry about, you've got a cushy life.
---
#10 Posted: 20:26:55 16/01/2012
Just tried the 4 Gamestops in my area...
1. Said check tomorrow at around 12.
2. Said they're out and don't have any scheduled to arrive in a shipment anytime soon.
3. Said check tomorrow or Wednesday.
4. Said check in two weeks.

Wow. :/
---
#11 Posted: 20:30:15 16/01/2012
2. Said they're out and don't have any scheduled to arrive in a shipment anytime soon.

My GameStop guy also said check tomorrow around noon.
---
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#12 Posted: 20:51:37 16/01/2012
the gamestops i called on the phone were like "we wont have any until febuary" and "we dont know when we'll get them" the two i went to in person told me tomorrow they will be getting their shipment of 6 singles. why ppl on the phone always gotta be liars...
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#13 Posted: 20:59:32 16/01/2012
I called target and someone told me they had a shipment this morning and that they were already sold out.
SerAndrew Red Sparx Gems: 10
#14 Posted: 21:04:53 16/01/2012
I managed to snag empire of ice at walmart, right after they put it out. They only had 2 and I bought one of them. No Toys R Us, Best Buy, Target, or Gamestop has had any Wave 3 so far. I'm in Omaha, NE.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:05:35 16/01/2012 by SerAndrew
#15 Posted: 21:10:51 16/01/2012

Good luck.

I just tried a bunch of other stores in my area:

TRU - Check Weds.
Target - The guy who answered knew nothing about Skylanders.
Kmart 1 - Check Weds.
Kmart 2 - No answer.
Walmart 1 - Doesn't even know when they're getting more in. They took down the display.
Walmart 2 - No answer.
Walmart 3 - "Has three packs in a box. Doesn't know when they're being put out on the shelves." <- I seriously laughed at this guy.

Well, all the stores were kinda a letdown, but it's better than driving around for an hour and wasting gas only to have empty hopes.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:11:45 16/01/2012 by Madel
#16 Posted: 21:17:49 16/01/2012

Good luck.

TRU - Check Weds.
Kmart 1 - Check Weds.
Kmart 2 - No answer.
Walmart 1 - Doesn't even know when they're getting more in. They took down the display.
Walmart 2 - No answer.
Walmart 3 - "Has three packs in a box. Doesn't know when they're being put out on the shelves." <- I seriously laughed at this guy.

Well, all the stores were kinda a letdown, but it's better than driving around for an hour and wasting gas only to have empty hopes.

Walmart 3...do you know if theyre new ones? One time I went to target for an item that wasnt supposed to be on shelves, but i knew it was in their store because I looked it up, and I was like "Do you have this?" and they checked their computer and he was like "We do but its in the back" and then I was just staring at him like SO GO GET IT so he walked over to one of his superiors and was like "Hey....(insert convo here)" and then the superior was like "Hold on i'll go get em out of the back"

He went in the back, opened the box and let me pick out what i wanted. I was so excited! More excited because I went to the store MULTIPLE times after that and never saw them hit shelves. For some reason I think it was discontinued before even being sold in store.
---
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#17 Posted: 21:18:52 16/01/2012
My gamestop said to check at 3 PM today
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#18 Posted: 21:19:58 16/01/2012

Good luck.

TRU - Check Weds.
Kmart 1 - Check Weds.
Kmart 2 - No answer.
Walmart 2 - No answer.

Walmart 3...do you know if theyre new ones? One time I went to target for an item that wasnt supposed to be on shelves, but i knew it was in their store because I looked it up, and I was like "Do you have this?" and they checked their computer and he was like "We do but its in the back" and then I was just staring at him like SO GO GET IT so he walked over to one of his superiors and was like "Hey....(insert convo here)" and then the superior was like "Hold on i'll go get em out of the back"

He went in the back, opened the box and let me pick out what i wanted. I was so excited! More excited because I went to the store MULTIPLE times after that and never saw them hit shelves. For some reason I think it was discontinued before even being sold in store.

In all honesty, I have no idea. I'm planning on either calling them back or going to the store myself after I get off work in about twenty minutes. I'm hoping that I'll have as much luck as you on this matter and I'll let you all know what I find for sure.
---
#19 Posted: 21:23:00 16/01/2012

Good luck.

TRU - Check Weds.
Kmart 1 - Check Weds.
Kmart 2 - No answer.
Walmart 2 - No answer.

In all honesty, I have no idea. I'm planning on either calling them back or going to the store myself after I get off work in about twenty minutes. I'm hoping that I'll have as much luck as you on this matter and I'll let you all know what I find for sure.

If there's more than one, pick them up for me please! Forever indebted if you did smilie
Still need empire of ice also >.< i feel so pathetic.
---
#20 Posted: 21:31:49 16/01/2012

If there's more than one, pick them up for me please! Forever indebted if you did smilie
Still need empire of ice also >.< i feel so pathetic.

I'll do what I can. smilie Hopefully you'll be able to find some soon.
---
WithWhirlwind Green Sparx Gems: 388
#21 Posted: 21:41:56 16/01/2012
I live in the middle of nowhere and they had the whirlwind triple pack at target, just keep looking
---
Have:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#22 Posted: 21:44:04 16/01/2012
Tried looking for the figures. No luck.

Ended up buying Sonic Boom and Drobot because 1. I didn't have them and 2. I was sick and wanted to get out of the store and lay down

Personally; as much as I want Cynder, I can wait. I already have an undead Skylander anyways.
#23 Posted: 21:58:41 16/01/2012
Wish me luck, guys. I'm heading off the clock in a few minutes and driving to Walmart.
---
SpyroSparxfan1 Gold Sparx Gems: 2898
#24 Posted: 22:03:16 16/01/2012
Wish you luck man, and me as well. GOnna call soon
---
The feeling of an end, rather than the feeling of ongoing suffering.. What would be the better choice?
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#25 Posted: 22:04:38 16/01/2012
Wish me luck, guys. I'm heading off the clock in a few minutes and driving to Walmart.

Good Luck and may the video game gods shine down upon you in your journey.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#26 Posted: 22:21:29 16/01/2012

I'm praying for you. Please let someone in south florida score >.<
---
Brony Blue Sparx Gems: 660
#27 Posted: 22:27:13 16/01/2012
No luck. Patience..patience... o.e
quanzy9224 Red Sparx Gems: 38
#28 Posted: 22:29:23 16/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I had no luck and i cant go out 2morrow cuz i hav classes smilie
---
<smiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmilie><smiliesmilie><smilie><smilie>
REALLY WANT: smiliesmiliesmilie
#29 Posted: 22:30:20 16/01/2012

I'm praying for you. Please let someone in south florida score >.<

This one is too easy. I'll let it pass.
---
LTU Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4985
#30 Posted: 23:00:24 16/01/2012
I just found starter packs in my country. Oh joy! Can't wait till wave 1 comes out...
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#31 Posted: 23:34:55 16/01/2012
Where are you; maybe we can help you out?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#32 Posted: 01:35:35 17/01/2012
Well, I had no luck.

I went to the store one hour after they told me they had a box of Skylanders in the back. I went to the store and didn't find any thing. I spoke to an employee who said they had seen the box on the floor to be put out when I called and assumed they had been put on the shelves shortly after I had called. (This employee was going on lunch.)

So on the way home, I called that Walmart and spoke to the manager on duty, complaining of the lousy service. The manager apologized and then said he'd speak to the Electronics department about it. Fifteen minutes later, he called me back and said that he was taking my name and phone number and giving them to the Electronics Manager, who would give me a call when they had more packs in. I told him the specific one I was looking for (the Wave 3 Triple Pack) and he assured me that the Electronics Manager or he himself would set aside this product and give me a call.

Needless to say, I'm pleased. This saves me from having to keep searching as long as they hold up their end... And if they don't hold it up, I'm getting in touch with corporate, so I'm sure I'll be getting that pack in the long-run. Lol
---
LudoBash Green Sparx Gems: 368
#33 Posted: 01:43:27 17/01/2012
I managed to snag Whirlwind, Double Trouble, and Cynder today from gamestop. My contact came through for me wonderfully. Much happy. smilie
---
My Skylanders: ALL of S1!
DantheDragonBoy Green Sparx Gems: 404
#34 Posted: 01:56:15 17/01/2012
I've checked the stores today
Toys R US -- Nothin'
Wal-Mart -- Squat
Best Buy -- Jack
GameStop got nothing on them either, but they did say they'd have some single packs coming in tomorrow. Maybe then I'll see what's in store.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#35 Posted: 08:44:33 17/01/2012

What about people in non-US countries who haven't had the figures released yet?

I'm in the UK, and the part of the UK that I live in, we haven't even had any figures past Wave 1 yet! I had to resort to paying higher prices on Amazon to get my Wave 2 figures. I'd love to be able to have the excitement of buying a figure in the shop, but I just don't have that luxury.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
LTU Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4985
#36 Posted: 13:18:59 17/01/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
Where are you; maybe we can help you out?

Lithuania. Eastern Europe.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me