Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > 2 Extra Empire of Ice packs +3 other skylanders
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
2 Extra Empire of Ice packs +3 other skylanders [CLOSED]
SkylanderMommy Red Sparx Gems: 92
#1 Posted: 19:37:00 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Wave 3 hasn't hit my area in its entirety yet, but Walmart did have 3 Empire of Ice packs and I bought all three. I've listed them on ebay, but only for shipping cost and what it cost me to buy them. If anyone is interested I can post the links. I'm not tryin' to scalp the items, but if selling them and making a profit allows me more money to buy the other skylanders, then so be it. I'm a single mom, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

That being said, I want to state that, while at Best Buy, there was another father there who called his son to find out what skylanders he needed and one of them was one in my hand I intended to turn around and sell... I told the father he can have any of them in my hand because I totally understood what he was doing.
---
Owned:
{smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#2 Posted: 19:37:43 15/01/2012
Quote: SkylanderMommy
Wave 3 hasn't hit my area in its entirety yet, but Walmart did have 3 Empire of Ice packs and I bought all three. I've listed them on ebay, but only for shipping cost and what it cost me to buy them. If anyone is interested I can post the links. I'm not tryin' to scalp the items, but if selling them and making a profit allows me more money to buy the other skylanders, then so be it. I'm a single mom, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

That being said, I want to state that, while at Best Buy, there was another father there who called his son to find out what skylanders he needed and one of them was one in my hand I intended to turn around and sell... I told the father he can have any of them in my hand because I totally understood what he was doing.

Post links I'll ask my mom if I can buy them. I like what you did in Best Buy. Good Job.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:41:56 15/01/2012 by Whirlwind5598
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#3 Posted: 19:43:53 15/01/2012
I WANT ONE. If you post it in the next few minutes i'll buy it now. Leaving my house soon smilie dont wanna get beat out by someone else on here.

Are theye buy it now?
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:48:48 15/01/2012 by ialexonline
#4 Posted: 19:44:52 15/01/2012
Hey can you hold one for me I want to see if my mom lets me.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#5 Posted: 19:49:17 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
No one has bid on them yet... I set the buy it now price high cuz I figure if someone wanted it that bad, they'd pay the ridiculous price. I'm hoping that they sell closer to retail, but I had to start bidding at what I paid to ensure I made my money back.

Here's the links:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180795...984.m1555.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180796...984.m1555.l2649
---
Owned:
{smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}
#6 Posted: 19:51:37 15/01/2012
Okay sorry that doesnt really help us because yours, like everyone elses on eBay will sell into the 40 and 50 dollar range...

Wish it was buy it now for like 25. That's what I think most forum members are doing that get extras.

I pre-ordered on Walmart so i'll just wait for it to get here if I cant get it cheaper earlier, or find it in store.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
echsodie Green Sparx Gems: 208
#7 Posted: 19:52:23 15/01/2012
Sweet deal, only $100
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#8 Posted: 19:55:36 15/01/2012
No one has bid on them yet... I set the buy it now price high cuz I figure if someone wanted it that bad, they'd pay the ridiculous price. I'm hoping that they sell closer to retail, but I had to start bidding at what I paid to ensure I made my money back.

Here's the links:

Wow. Thank you SO MUCH! What a favor you are doing everyone here! SkylanderMommy for president!
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#9 Posted: 19:58:27 15/01/2012
$50 dollars for Drobot? Seems reasonable......
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#10 Posted: 19:59:20 15/01/2012
Yeah big favor. Prices are way to high.
forcesofwill Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#11 Posted: 20:01:06 15/01/2012
If this ain't scalping, then what is?
#12 Posted: 20:01:16 15/01/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
Yeah big favor. Prices are way to high.

But she's a single mom! Cut her some slack!

Cant believe she posted as if she's doing people here a favor. Thread should be freaking deleted.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:01:36 15/01/2012 by Himewad
#13 Posted: 20:01:32 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Sarcasm abounds...

I listed it the way I listed it because that way the ones looking to scalp wouldn't just "buy it now" and turn around and scalp it. I started the bidding at cost to give people the opportunity to potentially purchase them at cost.

It seemed logical to me, at the time. I don't anticipate getting anywhere near my "buy it now" price. If Walmart isn't able to cancel my pre-sale of the Empire of Ice, I'll have a third one to sell and I'll probably just throw it up there at $25 for buy it now, since that's what all the cool kids are doing.
---
Owned:
#14 Posted: 20:02:59 15/01/2012
Sarcasm abounds...

I listed it the way I listed it because that way the ones looking to scalp wouldn't just "buy it now" and turn around and scalp it. I started the bidding at cost to give people the opportunity to potentially purchase them at cost.

It seemed logical to me, at the time. I don't anticipate getting anywhere near my "buy it now" price. If Walmart isn't able to cancel my pre-sale of the Empire of Ice, I'll have a third one to sell and I'll probably just throw it up there at $25 for buy it now, since that's what all the cool kids are doing.

If you post one of these as buy it now i'd happily buy one right this moment. Im the only person who hasn't been sarcastic with you >.<
---
#15 Posted: 20:03:09 15/01/2012
Or you could have just bought only one for yourself....
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#16 Posted: 20:03:41 15/01/2012
I'm a single father. I need to sell my collection for 10,000 dollars to pay for my son's medical bills. Any takers?

EDIT: I have a gold Chop Chop, all 3 silver Skylanders, and even a slap bracelet that no one else can get ahold of. I have a sealed Wii version of the game (with Volcanic Vault) and a sealed 3DS game, plus opened 360, Wii, PS3, PC, and 3DS versions.

I really need to get rid of this to pay my kids medical bills.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:05:47 15/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#17 Posted: 20:06:07 15/01/2012
Sarcasm abounds...

If you don't want sarcasm, don't be a hypocrite. "I'm putting them on eBay for shipping plus what I paid for it." what a load of BS.
---
#18 Posted: 20:07:49 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I did put them on ebay for what I paid for them plus shipping. That's just the price I started them out at.
---
Owned:
#19 Posted: 20:08:42 15/01/2012
I dont understand why you're all being such Boomers (Trolls...)

I understand that she hiked the price, but at the end of the day, there's still people on eBay scalping them, and she has every right to charge what she wants for them, whether morally right or wrong.

It's upsetting that she said she's selling them for what she paid plus shipping, but what can you do. No need to harass the woman.
---
#20 Posted: 20:08:48 15/01/2012
I did put them on ebay for what I paid for them plus shipping. That's just the price I started them out at.

The fact that you don't understand the difference amazes me.
---
#21 Posted: 20:08:55 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: ialexonline
Sarcasm abounds...

If you post one of these as buy it now i'd happily buy one right this moment. Im the only person who hasn't been sarcastic with you >.<

Name your price, Alex, since you're the only one not acting like a spoiled child at the moment.
---
Owned:
#22 Posted: 20:09:31 15/01/2012
Just leave her alone already!!!
---

#23 Posted: 20:10:25 15/01/2012
There's no need to harass her, but there's also no need to come here knowing alot of us can't find them, tell us she found several and then pretend to make us all a good deal.
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#24 Posted: 20:14:29 15/01/2012
Quote: echsodie
There's no need to harass her, but there's also no need to come here knowing alot of us can't find them, tell us she found several and then pretend to make us all a good deal.

Exactly. Anyone defending her actions can't get mad at those who have common sense.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#25 Posted: 20:16:11 15/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

Exactly. Anyone defending her actions can't get mad at those who have common sense.

I know the she put the prices too high, but can't you just tell her once and just leave her alone? Maybe someone on eBay might buy it.
---

greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#26 Posted: 20:22:13 15/01/2012
Guys, be cool. Don't harass her!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#27 Posted: 20:25:39 15/01/2012
Yeah, the harassment is just getting ridiculous here. Buyers don't need to be dissuaded by a dozen different people. The prices alone will be enough to drive customers away, and if the customer is stupid enough not to recognize a ripoff without being warned about it, they deserve to lose their money. If you guys really want threads like this just to vanish, I'll show you a magic trick to get it to happen.

Poster A creates topic selling Skylanders.

Posters B through infinity do not respond.

Poster A's topic vanishes. Poof!

There, magic. <.<
#28 Posted: 20:27:14 15/01/2012
Harassing would be sending tons of PMs to her inbox and on her eBay account. Or creating new threads about her. We are simply pointing out the hypocrisy of her actions in her own thread.

It's ridiculous to state you want shipping plus cost and then have a "buy it now" option for a huge profit.
---
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#29 Posted: 20:29:34 15/01/2012
Btw, your shipping charges for the adventure pack is way too high. GL being a single mom with that funk trophy in tow.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#30 Posted: 20:31:07 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Monsinour
Btw, your shipping charges for the adventure pack is way too high. GL being a single mom with that funk trophy in tow.

My shipping costs are accurate for priority flat rate shipping, actually about $1.95 too cheap on the Empire of Ice packs.
---
Owned:
kron2 Red Sparx Gems: 35
#31 Posted: 20:32:12 15/01/2012
I don't think 35 dollars is that bad if you were to pay the buy it now I have people telling me constantly how they can't find any but I have found two empire of ice so far it is not the people who are selling on ebay that are at fault it's the people who are buying that are putting the price way up tru would ask 25
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:35:06 15/01/2012 by kron2
#32 Posted: 20:38:45 15/01/2012

My shipping costs are accurate for priority flat rate shipping, actually about $1.95 too cheap on the Empire of Ice packs.

BOOM! Spoken like a true scalper! No mother on this planet would stand for having their child called a **** trophy. All you do is state your shipping is "cheaper" by an exact $ amount. How on earth would you know that if you haven't done this before. BTW USPS flat rate is $5.95 I believe and that comes in a box big enough to fit a 3 pack in.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#33 Posted: 20:42:29 15/01/2012

BOOM! Spoken like a true scalper! No mother on this planet would stand for having their child called a **** trophy. All you do is state your shipping is "cheaper" by an exact $ amount. How on earth would you know that if you haven't done this before. BTW USPS flat rate is $5.95 I believe and that comes in a box big enough to fit a 3 pack in.

You're actually completely wrong. A small flat rate box is 5.95...and it fits something the size of a wallet. It's like 8x2 ... there's not a single skylander that could fit in it.

However it might be able ti fit in a flat rate envelope if you use a lot of tape.
---
#34 Posted: 20:42:51 15/01/2012
On the lighter side of things, stores in my area received many wave 3 shipments. I went to 10 different store this morning and bought every Cynder from every store, to help you guys out I'm going to put them on eBay for retail (plus cost of gas, my time, small handling fee)

The 37 I found will be posted shortly with a buy it now price of only $150 and shipping will only be $15.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:43:12 15/01/2012 by echsodie
#35 Posted: 20:45:18 15/01/2012
On the lighter side of things, stores in my area received many wave 3 shipments. I went to 10 different store this morning and bought every Cynder from every store, to help you guys out I'm going to put them on eBay for retail (plus cost of gas, my time, small handling fee)

The 37 I found will be posted shortly with a buy it now price of only $150 and shipping will only be $15.

This could be serious or a joke. Impossible to tell anymore.
---
#36 Posted: 20:47:11 15/01/2012
Well gas is expensive for my extra large vehicle and these stores were located somewhat far from each other.
As not to anger people, I must admit my story is false. I have nothing from wave 3.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:53:18 15/01/2012 by echsodie
Judge Green Sparx Gems: 312
#37 Posted: 20:55:06 15/01/2012
I work for the post office and a flat rate envelope has to seal itself. It barely fits 1 skylander and do this its 4.95 with no tracking. I do not know what she is charging I have not looked to see but with the wieght of these things plus the weight of the box would probably be cheaper than flat rate anyway next size up is 10.95 no tracking. Flat rate is more for customers who mail things that weigh a lot heavier items I have a customer that mails steel plates upwards of 70lbs for 15 dollars.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:00:40 15/01/2012 by Judge
#38 Posted: 20:59:31 15/01/2012
GUYS! WHAT IS WITH ALL OF YOU? JUST STOP WITH THE CRITICISM! AND DON'T EVEN TRY TO SAY IT'S CONSTRUCTIVE, BECAUSE IT'S NOT! SO JUST @&$/ OFF! SO NOW YOU'VE P'D ME OFF WHILE I WAS HAVING A PERFECTLY GOOD DAY! SO IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE RUINING THIS AWESOME SITE, GO AHEAD!
#39 Posted: 21:01:29 15/01/2012
Quote: Judge
I work for the post office and a flat rate envelope has to seal itself. It barely fits 1 skylander and do this its 4.95 with no tracking. I do not know what she is charging I have not looked to see but with the wieght of these things plus the weight of the box would probably be cheaper than falt rate anyway next size up is 10.95 no tracking. Flat rate is more for customers who mail things that weigh a lot heavier items I have a customer that mails steel plates upwards of 70lbs for 15 dollars.

Yea, I just checked it on usps.com and I remembered the sizes wrong. My bad on that. But it still won't cost $10 to ship that adventure pack.
---
My kids own :
Judge Green Sparx Gems: 312
#40 Posted: 21:02:37 15/01/2012
like i said I didnt know what she was charging just adding my knowledge of shipping
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#41 Posted: 21:03:03 15/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511
GUYS! WHAT IS WITH ALL OF YOU? JUST STOP WITH THE CRITICISM! AND DON'T EVEN TRY TO SAY IT'S CONSTRUCTIVE, BECAUSE IT'S NOT! SO JUST @&$/ OFF! SO NOW YOU'VE P'D ME OFF WHILE I WAS HAVING A PERFECTLY GOOD DAY! SO IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE RUINING THIS AWESOME SITE, GO AHEAD!

This is the funniest post of all time. Thanks for making me laugh.
---
#42 Posted: 21:04:24 15/01/2012
Sheesh someone is sour, I don't mind what she's doing, I just enjoy poking fun.
---
#43 Posted: 21:04:35 15/01/2012
Quote: Himewad

This is the funniest post of all time. Thanks for making me laugh.

Jerk much?
#44 Posted: 21:05:05 15/01/2012
Sheesh someone is sour, I don't mind what she's doing, I just enjoy poking fun.

And I'm a guy so...
#45 Posted: 21:06:36 15/01/2012
Um, you were referring to the criticism of SkylanderMOMMY, who I am assuming is a female.
---
#46 Posted: 21:08:58 15/01/2012

So let me get this 100% clear, you mad bro?

Anyone else picturing veins pulsing in the neck or forehead? LOL
---
My kids own :
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#47 Posted: 21:09:01 15/01/2012
I think ebay is the most logical way to sell these bc it provides security for both parties. I do understand scalpers possibly attacking u. I plan on doing the same to help people out but what is the best way? Can u do private auctions on ebay? I want to sell some figures for retail 7.99 plus whatever it costs to ship them only but im afraid scalpers would do the same to me. Is there anyway to end the auction earky once someone on here confirms tgeir ebay sxreen name? Just curious so when I go to sell I know what to do. Buying them for people on this community is a nice gesturre and people on here should take notes and do the same. However I dont want to sell mine to someone that just uses this board and takes off i want to help those that help others. Skymommy do u still need cynder or any other characters. I may be able to help you out. Im not looking for anything in return.
#48 Posted: 21:10:21 15/01/2012
Fine. You idiots are impossible to deal with. I'm logging out now.
#49 Posted: 21:11:28 15/01/2012
I would imagine you could make the listing title not include any reference to skylanders and PM members here the URL of the auction. I'm not sure of private listings.
---
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me