Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Legendary Skylanders.... [CLOSED]
Godzilla Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#1 Posted: 16:30:44 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Do you think the Legendary Skylanders will eventually be released in a non-exclusive pack? I have them but I don't want to open it because I want to keep those ones in good shape (I wish I would of bought a second pack of them.)
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#2 Posted: 16:36:09 15/01/2012
I don't think there's any chance of that. These, as far as I know, are not timed exclusives at all.
Godzilla Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#3 Posted: 16:44:15 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Do you think Toys R Us will eventually restock them?
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#4 Posted: 16:46:21 15/01/2012
On the website it says I can get it with Store Pick-up
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 16:47:45 15/01/2012
Mm.. It's possible. They were exclusive to there, and we haven't heard anything about them being somewhere else like Whirlwind and Drill Sarge.

I'd say more than likely. For them to stop producing even one figure at this point would be stupid.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#6 Posted: 19:28:46 15/01/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598

That just means they don't really have any, but you MIGHT be able to find it in stores. Not gonna happen, though. Sorry.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#7 Posted: 21:21:19 15/01/2012
Quote: Himewad
Quote: Whirlwind5598

That just means they don't really have any, but you MIGHT be able to find it in stores. Not gonna happen, though. Sorry.

Yeah. The chances of finding a Legendary Pack in TRU are probably at a 0 considering how popular this game has become.

As for whether or not they're going to run a second production of them, it's hard to say. I lean more to the side of "no," but they might try to do something with that Pack and the L-Trigger Happy. I still doubt it though. :/
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#8 Posted: 21:25:51 15/01/2012
It may not even be Activision's choice about simply printing and sending Legendary packs. No one knows how the deal was worded with Toys R Us, so it's impossible to say whether or not there's a clause in this contract stipulating a limited run. TRU and Activision have a significant partnership over Skylanders; it's far, FAR different than what we saw at Walmart/Target/Best Buy from a legal perspective, and I would actually be shocked if they didn't have some degree of control over what they're sent and when they're sent it.
#9 Posted: 21:28:36 15/01/2012
Quote: Tashiji
It may not even be Activision's choice about simply printing and sending Legendary packs. No one knows how the deal was worded with Toys R Us, so it's impossible to say whether or not there's a clause in this contract stipulating a limited run. TRU and Activision have a significant partnership over Skylanders; it's far, FAR different than what we saw at Walmart/Target/Best Buy from a legal perspective, and I would actually be shocked if they didn't have some degree of control over what they're sent and when they're sent it.

I think you're absolutely right. I thought about something like this between TRU and Activision. After all, I'm not sure Activision would be pleased that TRU is selling single packs for $9.99 and triples/Adventure packs for 24.99 if there wasn't a partnership.
---
#10 Posted: 21:34:42 15/01/2012
I believe the official launch was done through Toys R Us, and TRU is doing significant advertising for the franchise as well--far more than any other chain. I would even call Toys R Us the "official" home of Skylanders, and it shows; their availability and shipment schedules through TRU far exceed anywhere else. Activision gets as much as they give in this deal. It's hugely beneficial to both parties.
#11 Posted: 21:37:40 15/01/2012
I believe the official launch was done through Toys R Us, and TRU is doing significant advertising for the franchise as well--far more than any other chain. I would even call Toys R Us the "official" home of Skylanders, and it shows; their availability and shipment schedules through TRU far exceed anywhere else. Activision gets as much as they give in this deal. It's hugely beneficial to both parties.

It really is beneficial to both; and I don't know about where you are (I'm in Florida.), but the TRU by me is always doing buy-one-get-one sales. They must have an awesome shipment schedule from Activision to keep doing that.

Now if they could just get Wave 3 on the shelves, I think we'd all be happy. Lol
---
#12 Posted: 21:40:58 15/01/2012
Alas, that's where this becomes a double-edged sword. If there's any chain in existence that has a darn good reason not to break the street date on their boxes, TRU is it. They'll have them up soon, and I'm betting there will be boatloads, but we just have to be patient until they do. There's a plan between TRU and Activision; there always has been, and we've got to have faith that their favoritism for TRU will continue, because legally, it probably needs to.
#13 Posted: 21:58:18 15/01/2012
Alas, that's where this becomes a double-edged sword. If there's any chain in existence that has a darn good reason not to break the street date on their boxes, TRU is it. They'll have them up soon, and I'm betting there will be boatloads, but we just have to be patient until they do. There's a plan between TRU and Activision; there always has been, and we've got to have faith that their favoritism for TRU will continue, because legally, it probably needs to.

Lol That is true. It gives me some patience just to know that there is a sort "backup" plan. It's like if I can't find them (Wave 3) anywhere else, I can go to TRU. I just have to pay the few extra dollars.
---
#14 Posted: 22:00:29 15/01/2012
And wait a few extra days. But really, not a huge difference between $7.99 and $9.99 for a brand new product. Both destroy the eBay going rate of $infinity. $24.99 for triple and adventure packs is pushing it for me, but still decimates the price on the secondary market.
#15 Posted: 22:03:06 15/01/2012
And wait a few extra days. But really, not a huge difference between $7.99 and $9.99 for a brand new product. Both destroy the eBay going rate of $infinity. $24.99 for triple and adventure packs is pushing it for me, but still decimates the price on the secondary market.

I agree.
---
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#16 Posted: 22:42:00 15/01/2012
I have the legendary pack.
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#17 Posted: 22:42:39 15/01/2012
Almost everyone does. Except people who don't.
#18 Posted: 00:04:38 16/01/2012
Quote: zap18
I have the legendary pack.

I have Spyro.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#19 Posted: 00:06:08 16/01/2012
L spyro or what?
#20 Posted: 00:44:29 16/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511
L spyro or what?

No I just have Spyro.
---

#21 Posted: 00:52:11 16/01/2012
Poop.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me