Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Gold Eruptor? [CLOSED]
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#1 Posted: 15:12:02 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I was on ebay until i found this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...c1#ht_500wt_949
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#2 Posted: 15:12:53 15/01/2012
Hum... opened, I don't trust this.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 15:18:23 15/01/2012
I saw that the other day when I was looking to see if there were other gold ones besides Chop Chop.

I dunno. It seems weird that they'd have both a silver AND a gold one. This was actually listed before we even got a confirmation that Wave 3 was out.

Until we see another one, I call bollocks.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#4 Posted: 15:23:59 15/01/2012
it says...

Quote:
Bidding on 2 very rare skylanders silver eruptor and drill sergeant bouth are open but never used will come with the codes and stickers.

so silver it is....
#5 Posted: 15:32:18 15/01/2012
Quote: kappapopm
it says...

Quote:
Bidding on 2 very rare skylanders silver eruptor and drill sergeant bouth are open but never used will come with the codes and stickers.

so silver it is....

I think they might be color blind. Even if there was some sort of dramatic lighting, it wouldn't have made a silver figure look gold like that.
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#6 Posted: 15:35:48 15/01/2012
This is a silver Eruptor. It's the lighting in the picture that makes it appear gold.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#7 Posted: 15:37:54 15/01/2012
i think its just bad lightning in that picture..... that is what causing the silver to look gold. but if anyone buys these two i am sure they will ask if its gold or silver.
#8 Posted: 15:42:26 15/01/2012
Quote: Tashiji
This is a silver Eruptor. It's the lighting in the picture that makes it appear gold.

There is absolutely no way the lighting could have made it gold. Unless he lived in a room painted solid yellow.
---
#9 Posted: 15:46:42 15/01/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

There is absolutely no way the lighting could have made it gold. Unless he lived in a room painted solid yellow.

Do you have any silver Skylanders to test the way they conduct light at home? If not, then you can't say there's no way. Besides, the listing is for a silver Eruptor. They don't even try to call it gold themselves, so why are we? I know it's exciting when something weird shows up, and an opened silver figure is certainly a little bit strange... but that's all it is.
#10 Posted: 15:53:33 15/01/2012

Do you have any silver Skylanders to test the way they conduct light at home? If not, then you can't say there's no way. Besides, the listing is for a silver Eruptor. They don't even try to call it gold themselves, so why are we? I know it's exciting when something weird shows up, and an opened silver figure is certainly a little bit strange... but that's all it is.

I don't. But I do have a silver painted Metagross I made for myself. The drapes in my room have a yellow hue to them, and putting him up in there with multiple flashes doesn't even come close to the color. Unless the room was solid gold as well, even if it was silver, the lighting wouldn't be like that. You can tell from the light that's on the edges of the flames at the bottom that it's gold. If you have silver with a gold hue, it'd be a greenish sort of color because silver has blue in it, and gold has yellow.

It was uploaded with ebay mobile, so I'm lead to believe it was taken hastily, and the person just typed it really fast. Or, it was a fake one. I sent them a message, so we'll see what they say.

EDIT:
[User Posted Image]

Its just not possible. Like I said, the only way to get that color would be if he was in a sold gold room, which he clearly isn't. Plus, you'd be able to tell in the reflection, but it's gold as well.

He sent a message back. I..I don't even know what to make of it.

"i dint realy sell that one and i have 5 gold ones i think only 10 are out there right now and i found them at a game store thanks dave"

waat.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:04:28 15/01/2012 by spyroflame0487
echsodie Green Sparx Gems: 208
#11 Posted: 15:55:33 15/01/2012
Or he has a crappy camera
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
crabcakes41o Green Sparx Gems: 155
#12 Posted: 16:09:23 15/01/2012
Thats obviously not silver.

How can anyone possibly think that is bad lighting? lol
#13 Posted: 16:15:08 15/01/2012
It's very silver, you just didn't use the same paint they did... or the same lighting. Plus, you used a flash, and I don't see the same effect on theirs.
eruptor1999 Green Sparx Gems: 219
#14 Posted: 16:15:54 15/01/2012
i really want silver eruptor
#15 Posted: 16:24:47 15/01/2012
It's very silver, you just didn't use the same paint they did... or the same lighting. Plus, you used a flash, and I don't see the same effect on theirs.

I don't see it. Unless you can replicate it. The paint is near identical. It's just spray paint, but the flakes in it are basically the same as the silver ones.

I did use flash, but you can definitely see the light around the flames like I detailed in my previous post.

To each their own I guess. It's not silver.
---
#16 Posted: 16:26:08 15/01/2012
To each their own, agreed. It's quite silver. But I've said all I can possibly say about why that is, and there's no point repeating it. Since no one here bought it, we'll have no proof of its silverness, so to continue this would be futile.
echsodie Green Sparx Gems: 208
#17 Posted: 16:28:32 15/01/2012
For comparison I've recreated the photo settings with a picture of my own silver eruptor to see if I could make it appear gold.
[User Posted Image]
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#18 Posted: 16:34:25 15/01/2012
I think people are changing the color just to get their attention.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
eruptor1999 Green Sparx Gems: 219
#19 Posted: 17:13:41 15/01/2012
i want one
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#20 Posted: 17:14:46 15/01/2012
That doesn't look silver in any way.
It looks pure gold.
---
but i love it all smooth
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#21 Posted: 19:14:53 15/01/2012
Quote: echsodie
For comparison I've recreated the photo settings with a picture of my own silver eruptor to see if I could make it appear gold.
[User Posted Image]

Hmmmm. Interesting. Proof that it's just the lighting. Great detective work!
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#22 Posted: 19:22:12 15/01/2012
To anyone who knows anything about about with cameras, it is very possible that this IS in fact a silver eruptor, just that the white balance was off (or yellow) on the camera making it look gold.

There's a lot of things in my room i can take of picture of that look yellow or gold if the lighting is wrong or white balance is wrong.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#23 Posted: 19:23:49 15/01/2012
Then show me. One picture of a silver item as silver, and another as gold.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#24 Posted: 19:27:34 15/01/2012
Honestly, I don't see how anyone is even seeing gold in the first place. In my eyes, it's clearly silver, with a dim yellow light causing it to shine. I don't know how anyone can compare this to a picture of a gold Chop Chop and truthfully tell me they're the same. That's just insane.
#25 Posted: 20:11:47 15/01/2012
Well the guy did confirm it was gold from the message he sent back. In the least, it sounds like it's fake anyways.

His second message back after asking for pics of more of them was this.

"there all of eruptor and not for sale i have not seen any more so i might have them all so lets see if any gets post thanks dave"
---
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#26 Posted: 20:13:32 15/01/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Well the guy did confirm it was gold from the message he sent back. In the least, it sounds like it's fake anyways.

His second message back after asking for pics of more of them was this.

"there all of eruptor and not for sale i have not seen any more so i might have them all so lets see if any gets post thanks dave"

Fake or not...what's the honest difference? TBH we're lucky he's not cutting the box open, spray painting them and then re sealing the box. Who would ever know?

Wouldnt be surprised if some gold chop chops r being sold like that right now.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me