Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Wave 3 - Who's buying more? [CLOSED]
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#1 Posted: 04:47:16 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Who do you think is buying more of Wave 3? Actual people who want to use them, or scalpers looking to make a quick buck?

I'm leaning towards scalpers. Namely scalpers who work in the stores, or know people who work in stores. Every person i've talked to in stores has said they've sold out when they restock within an hour.

I honestly dont understand how you can sell out in an hour. Unless you only have a couple. But even still, you have to know when theyre coming in!

It upsets me because I have no interest in added value on these toys. Im purely buying them because I want to use them in my game and have a little army, not resell them.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#2 Posted: 04:53:07 15/01/2012
Scalpers because they are more informed now and they know cynder whirlwind and slam bam will be very popular. I also think maybe collectors.

They do only have a couple. They get one box of adventure/triple packs and one box of single packs. Only 2 of each triple pack come in a box and only 6 single packs come in a box and they aren't just the same one.

It upsets me too because I just want to play with them in the game. I don't want to collect them or resell them.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:55:31 15/01/2012 by Whirlwind5598
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#3 Posted: 04:57:49 15/01/2012
Scalpers hands down
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#4 Posted: 05:14:00 15/01/2012
Unfortunately, most likely it's scalpers. It is saddening that people want to exploit the demand on these figures, but then that's the way these things always go.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#5 Posted: 05:19:01 15/01/2012
This is why I decided to enlist the services of a collector. He is tight with a person at TRU and Wal-Mart, and has notified them that he is on the lookout for certain Skylander packs. He's a big customer, so I'm hoping this connection works out for me to get just one pack of each new item.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#6 Posted: 05:22:38 15/01/2012
I enlisted minim wage employees at all my local stores, 12 uber spyro fans, and a target manager to help our city. When some come, we type up a flyer then post them on telephone poles. We also have meetings every Monday at 6!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#7 Posted: 15:40:48 15/01/2012
Honestly? I can't say there's any scalpers near me. It's a combo of retailers having no idea when they come out (or generally just not even arriving), the randomness of them getting into the store, and the people who are also hunting for them (for their kids and stuff)

Unless you sat in the store all day, you can't really know if there's scalpers going after them, if they even have the stock out in the first place or just parents/ other people looking for them. It's kinda arrogant to play the scalpers as a scapegoat because there's nothing in the store.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#8 Posted: 15:49:38 15/01/2012
It's people playing with them. How many Cynders do you actually see on eBay when you search... like four, or five? Out of thousands of stores worldwide that have already gotten their shipments. Parents have to fight and claw to keep ahead of the scalpers, but at the end of the day, I do think that's what's happening. Maybe not by tenacity or know-how, but through sheer numbers; after all, all the kids who got it for Christmas have had no toys to speak of for weeks. A scalper is no match for a parent's desire to sate the Skylanders frenzy at home.
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#9 Posted: 16:05:21 15/01/2012
Quote: Tashiji
It's people playing with them. How many Cynders do you actually see on eBay when you search... like four, or five? Out of thousands of stores worldwide that have already gotten their shipments. Parents have to fight and claw to keep ahead of the scalpers, but at the end of the day, I do think that's what's happening. Maybe not by tenacity or know-how, but through sheer numbers; after all, all the kids who got it for Christmas have had no toys to speak of for weeks. A scalper is no match for a parent's desire to sate the Skylanders frenzy at home.

My kids got it for christmas and we got stealth elf and hex at that time. I then got the legendary trio, stump, and ball off of ebay. This means that in the week after christmas I was able to locate 13 of these things in my local stores. Right now, there is the skylander frenzy @ home, but that is my fault as I tell my kids about the news I find here. If I didn't mention new figures, my kids would be assuming june for the remaining figures.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#10 Posted: 16:16:37 15/01/2012
Yes, it's parents like you that are out there spoiling it for the scalpers. Great example.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#11 Posted: 00:15:38 16/01/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Honestly? I can't say there's any scalpers near me. It's a combo of retailers having no idea when they come out (or generally just not even arriving), the randomness of them getting into the store, and the people who are also hunting for them (for their kids and stuff)

Unless you sat in the store all day, you can't really know if there's scalpers going after them, if they even have the stock out in the first place or just parents/ other people looking for them. It's kinda arrogant to play the scalpers as a scapegoat because there's nothing in the store.

Same for me. Most stores in NZ are completely clueless and we don't get new waves til like a month after the US. So scalpers wouldn't even bother.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#12 Posted: 00:16:21 16/01/2012
I want cynder STICKETS!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

SpyroSparxfan1 Gold Sparx Gems: 2898
#13 Posted: 00:21:39 16/01/2012
Man, all I want is Cynder and the easiest way is ebay, for like 100 bucks! Ugh, I wish someone on here had her so I could buy it off them for a more reasonable price..
---
The feeling of an end, rather than the feeling of ongoing suffering.. What would be the better choice?
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#14 Posted: 00:43:42 16/01/2012
I hope the kids at the sweat shop are painting their little fingers off. Activision is such a great family company working them for pennies while fat lazy americans walk to the store, buy them all and resale them for 500x the sweat shops salary. I love activision.
#15 Posted: 00:48:51 16/01/2012
Hurt the locket!
#16 Posted: 00:49:38 16/01/2012
Someone must have a Cynder and be willing to sell it for a fair price.. sigh.
---
The feeling of an end, rather than the feeling of ongoing suffering.. What would be the better choice?
#17 Posted: 00:52:05 16/01/2012
Quote: SpyroSparxfan1
Someone must have a Cynder and be willing to sell it for a fair price.. sigh.

I saw one sell for $30
---

#18 Posted: 00:52:51 16/01/2012
And I saw one sell for 300! Same difference!
#19 Posted: 00:55:30 16/01/2012
Where for 30?!
---
#20 Posted: 00:56:04 16/01/2012
Quote: SpyroSparxfan1
Where for 30?!

on Ebay
---

DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#21 Posted: 00:57:10 16/01/2012
Ebay has one for 30 but its overseas and its a amazon pre order so they are banking on it coming on time like all the other pre orders on ebay.
#22 Posted: 00:58:37 16/01/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
Ebay has one for 30 but its overseas and its a amazon pre order so they are banking on it coming on time like all the other pre orders on ebay.

No it was in the US
---

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me