Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
South Florida Gamestop SOLD OUT WAVE 3 [CLOSED]
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#1 Posted: 20:07:56 14/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Went to the mall today. While I was in Gamestop (looking for Skylanders) a kid came in two seconds after me and asked for Skylanders. They had some in the back.

The guy went into the back and brought out the 3 pack with Double Trouble Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant. The kid bought the 3 pack, as my heart was racing with excitement. I asked if they had anymore. THEY DIDNT. I was so upset/pissed/angry. I asked the lady and they LITERALLY got a box of 2 skylanders. It was that 3 pack, and the Darklight Crypt set. That's it.

I was so upset that this little kid...who will probably destroy the toys...got them. His father didnt seem to know what was going on either, so it's not a collectors family.

I went to about 4 gamestops after that. Every single one got a shipment in last night. Every single one sold out within an hour.

The gamestop (literally around the corner from my house) was our last stop. They sold out in immediately yesterday also. Finally she was the first person to tell us when another shipment arrives. Tuesday she said. She said check first thing in the morning on Tuesday.

Gamestop gets shipments in Monday - Friday (which means there's no point in checking for me on the 16th...theyre all sold out). Im going to call more gamestops that I couldnt make it to today. Maybe they still have them.

So disappointed..i was literally feet away from the 3 pack.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#2 Posted: 20:19:41 14/01/2012
Quote: ialexonline
Went to the mall today. While I was in Gamestop (looking for Skylanders) a kid came in two seconds after me and asked for Skylanders. They had some in the back.

The guy went into the back and brought out the 3 pack with Double Trouble Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant. The kid bought the 3 pack, as my heart was racing with excitement. I asked if they had anymore. THEY DIDNT. I was so upset/pissed/angry. I asked the lady and they LITERALLY got a box of 2 skylanders. It was that 3 pack, and the Darklight Crypt set. That's it.

I was so upset that this little kid...who will probably destroy the toys...got them. His father didnt seem to know what was going on either, so it's not a collectors family.

I went to about 4 gamestops after that. Every single one got a shipment in last night. Every single one sold out within an hour.

The gamestop (literally around the corner from my house) was our last stop. They sold out in immediately yesterday also. Finally she was the first person to tell us when another shipment arrives. Tuesday she said. She said check first thing in the morning on Tuesday.

Gamestop gets shipments in Monday - Friday (which means there's no point in checking for me on the 16th...theyre all sold out). Im going to call more gamestops that I couldnt make it to today. Maybe they still have them.

Cri moar?

Seriously, life is full of disapointments. Don't let this little thing sour your day.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#3 Posted: 20:21:04 14/01/2012

Some stupid little kid took my Empire of Ice out of my hands and his mom didn't say anything.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#4 Posted: 05:04:42 15/01/2012

they are a kids toy and people should have some patience in a few weeks they will be out again they are ment to be played by kids
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#5 Posted: 15:04:13 15/01/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598

Some stupid little kid took my Empire of Ice out of my hands and his mom didn't say anything.

Gotta tighten your grip and GROWL AT THEM. That should scare em away.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#6 Posted: 17:33:30 15/01/2012
...Why didn't you just ask the employee about the Skylanders? You're getting het up that a kid got them first, but then the kid asked for them. It's only fair.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
eruptor1999 Green Sparx Gems: 219
#7 Posted: 17:38:25 15/01/2012
why are people so mean
#8 Posted: 17:54:56 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sunny Castanets
...Why didn't you just ask the employee about the Skylanders? You're getting het up that a kid got them first, but then the kid asked for them. It's only fair.

Because I walked in the store, browsed for the Skylanders for literally 30 seconds before he asked. Naturally I dont ask for something I cant find on my own first. Plus if they have something in stock it should be on the sales floor not hidden in the back. If it was on the floor, like it was supposed to be, I would have gotten it.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#9 Posted: 01:23:07 16/01/2012
I'm here! You win!
#10 Posted: 01:25:45 16/01/2012
Umm OK?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#11 Posted: 01:26:16 16/01/2012

Yay! A fellow Floridian!

Thanks for the info. I've been having sooo much trouble with finding a triple pack. I'm in South Florida, too, by the way. I'll definitely be checking the four Gamestops by me on Tuesday morning.

Good luck!
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#12 Posted: 01:29:16 16/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Madel

Yay! A fellow Floridian!

Thanks for the info. I've been having sooo much trouble with finding a triple pack. I'm in South Florida, too, by the way. I'll definitely be checking the four Gamestops by me on Tuesday morning.

Good luck!

Awesome! And judging by your profile you're only a year older than me! (my birthday is next week smilie)

If you find some 3 packs or EoI or Cynder, buy them for me and I will love you forever! I know if I find any i'll be picking up a few for forum members. Not looking to scalp. If I got a 3 packs for 20 bucks, id sell it for 25. Shipping would also need to be paid. 5 dollar price increase for eBay and Paypal fees.
---
#13 Posted: 01:31:08 16/01/2012

Yay! A fellow Floridian!

Good luck!

Awesome! And judging by your profile you're only a year older than me! (my birthday is next week smilie)

If you find some 3 packs or EoI or Cynder, buy them for me and I will love you forever! I know if I find any i'll be picking up a few for forum members. Not looking to scalp. If I got a 3 packs for 20 bucks, id sell it for 25. Shipping would also need to be paid. 5 dollar price increase for eBay and Paypal fees.

If you find cynder or the whirlwind triple pack or EoI can you put it on amazon for me? I'll love you forever.
---

#14 Posted: 01:33:01 16/01/2012

Yay! A fellow Floridian!

Good luck!

Happy (early) Birthday! Lol

I'll try and see what I can find. The good news is because you're in Fl and I'm in Fl, shipping should be fast and not that bad. smilie

EDIT: I'm looking for the triple pack, by the way. My boyfriend managed to find EOI at Walmart Friday night. (Very lucky as there were only two on the shelf.)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:34:11 16/01/2012 by Madel
#15 Posted: 01:42:44 16/01/2012 | Topic Creator

Yay! A fellow Floridian!

Good luck!

I'll try and see what I can find. The good news is because you're in Fl and I'm in Fl, shipping should be fast and not that bad. smilie

EDIT: I'm looking for the triple pack, by the way. My boyfriend managed to find EOI at Walmart Friday night. (Very lucky as there were only two on the shelf.)

Yes, or we could meet up at a secret rendevous point and make a secret deal smilie

What Walmart if you dont mind me asking? I called two Walmarts by me and both said they were sold out yesterday smilie
And the walmart literally across from my house didnt even answer the phone...
---
#16 Posted: 01:44:58 16/01/2012

Yes, or we could meet up at a secret rendevous point and make a secret deal smilie

What Walmart if you dont mind me asking? I called two Walmarts by me and both said they were sold out yesterday smilie

Haha. We could do that, too, depending on where you're at. smilie

It was the Walmart in Hudson off of US 19.
---
#17 Posted: 01:47:04 16/01/2012 | Topic Creator

Alright that's not close to me at all. Im borderline of Boca smilie so between the two of us we have South Florida covered!
---
#18 Posted: 01:49:07 16/01/2012

Alright that's not close to me at all. Im borderline of Boca smilie so between the two of us we have South Florida covered!

I know where that is. smilie Lol We definitely have South Florida covered then!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me