Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
TRU Legendary 3 pack [CLOSED]
Slam Bam Green Sparx Gems: 102
#1 Posted: 15:03:30 14/01/2012 | Topic Creator
If this has been answered elsewhere, please direct me to it. Will TRU restock the legendary 3 pack or was it just a limited run??
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#2 Posted: 15:30:21 14/01/2012
No one knows at this point. My guess is that it was a limited run.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#3 Posted: 15:31:17 14/01/2012
I agree with Monsinour, although this is Activision we're talking about. They could easily decide to milk this cash cow for everything it's worth.

I could see a second release that has a price of $29.99. And it would be a big seller.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:32:01 14/01/2012 by Himewad
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#4 Posted: 16:35:09 14/01/2012
I was at my local TRU yesterday and thye just got a HUGE shipment of Skylanders in. All 3 packs of Hex Dino Rang Bash and Eruptor and whoever comes with him. It was only 2 3 packs but they had probably well over 100 of them. And nothing else. I would assume they'll re release them eventually, though im guessing probably in single packs (they'll make more money that way)

Glad I got mine when I could (for free when I bought my game)
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#5 Posted: 17:30:14 14/01/2012
I'm still kicking myself for not buying those when I first started collecting them. I didn't realize that they were considered unique characters and not just color variants which I don't care about. The first time I saw them there were like 8 on the shelf.
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#6 Posted: 19:13:14 14/01/2012
I'm assuming at this point that the Legendary 3 pack was a one-time-only sort of deal. I heard that someone even ordered a set from TRU online, received a completely different 3 pack, told TRU, and got refunded the money. They never got the Legendaries.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#7 Posted: 19:34:18 14/01/2012
I've asked the same question to the TRU Facebook page as I'm getting sick of ringing stores and checking the website. If more of us pester them they may listen to the voice of many.

Mobile link:
Http://m.facebook.com/toysrusuk?_rdr
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#8 Posted: 23:14:56 14/01/2012
In 20/20 hindsight I wish I had known as I could have bought many packs here in Oz and sent them to people. It would have been more expensive than buying them locally for non-Australians but still not a gouge.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#9 Posted: 00:45:08 15/01/2012
The thing that gives me hope is that in the 3DS version of the game the legendaries have their own profiles in the skylanders collection area. One of the goals is to collect them all, so how is someone that just got the game going to accomplish that if they stop making them? I have a feeling they will stop being exclusive at some point. I'm going to email TRU and try to get a straight answer on whether they are still in production or not. I'll post my findings in this thread.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#10 Posted: 00:47:17 15/01/2012
Here is the interesting thing, although the Leg 3 pack was exclusive to TRU here in OZ, I swear tha the packaging did not have that exclusivity on the packaging (a la the US packaging).
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#11 Posted: 00:47:21 15/01/2012
Quote: budkin
The thing that gives me hope is that in the 3DS version of the game the legendaries have their own profiles in the skylanders collection area. One of the goals is to collect them all, so how is someone that just got the game going to accomplish that if they stop making them? I have a feeling they will stop being exclusive at some point. I'm going to email TRU and try to get a straight answer on whether they are still in production or not. I'll post my findings in this thread.

They do have that in 3ds
#12 Posted: 11:21:31 16/01/2012
A copy and paste update from my comment on the TRU UK Facebook page:

Mairéad Ralph posted to Toys R Us UK:
Any idea when you may be getting the Toys R Us exclusive Skylanders Legendary Triple pack in stock either online or in store? It has been sold out online for almost two weeks and hasn't been in any of my local stores (Old Kent Road and Croydon) at all after Christmas. I only ask as I am unable to place a preorder or set up for stock alerts from your website. I am happy to buy this product either online or in a store.
Like · · Friday at 14:05 ·

Toys R Us UK:
Hi, We have passed your query onto the relevant team and will get back to you as soon as possible, Thanks. CD
Friday at 16:44

Mairéad Ralph Thank you smilie
Friday at 16:52

Other Facebook User name removed for posting on this site:
Looking forward to the reply back on this one, as we have just started playing/collecting and the only way to get these is by paying over 3 times the retail value on eBay. Which we just can not afford to do as a family. So I really hope these come back into stock again and were not a limited run.
Saturday at 23:16

Toys R Us UK
Hi Mairéad, We won't be getting this item back in stock online however stock does differ from store to store therefore if you'd like to give your local store a call they will be happy to help with any stock related queries. All stores are closed today for stock taking however will re open tomorrow. You will find all store details here > http://www.toysrus.co.uk/storeFinder.jsf Thanks, CD
10 minutes ago

Link

So in short -> Feck the online stock and continue chancing your arm in the stores
---
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#13 Posted: 15:08:53 16/01/2012
Comments like what you got from TRU is what makes me think that these legendary trio won't be coming back out. Sorry to all those who didn't get them.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#14 Posted: 16:44:21 16/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
Comments like what you got from TRU is what makes me think that these legendary trio won't be coming back out. Sorry to all those who didn't get them.

I think it's more like the generic "I don't know what you are talking about so I'll say something so you will go away" as there is a woman who asked about some cot on the Facebook page and got the exact same response as I did (with names changed of course).
---
RyanidePoison Green Sparx Gems: 140
#15 Posted: 23:43:23 16/01/2012
Here's to hoping that they resurface when Legendary Trigger Happy come out... we can hope right?
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
Ibishou Red Sparx Gems: 78
#16 Posted: 23:51:32 16/01/2012
Since the game is young, idea is fresh, demand is higher than production I would say it is quite possible. Time will show, what I know that online shops in Germany become unbelievable amounts of figures at 29.02.2012 which funny to say, is a lot of time from now on.
Looking forward.
---
smilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#17 Posted: 01:34:27 17/01/2012
Quote: RyanidePoison
Here's to hoping that they resurface when Legendary Trigger Happy come out... we can hope right?

That's a good point. Not all of the legendaries are out yet. Will probably be legendary singles at some point.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
spyro65 Red Sparx Gems: 24
#18 Posted: 04:14:01 17/01/2012
I sure hope they somehow come back out. I missed them and Stealth Elf. I'm hoping I can find the three pack with Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant (and Double Trouble), since I missed those as well. And of course Cynder. So far no luck. Only found the Slam Bam Empire of Ice Adventure pack by accident.
---
My Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#19 Posted: 04:15:28 17/01/2012
Quote: spyro65
I sure hope they somehow come back out. I missed them and Stealth Elf. I'm hoping I can find the three pack with Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant (and Double Trouble), since I missed those as well. And of course Cynder. So far no luck. Only found the Slam Bam Empire of Ice Adventure pack by accident.

How'd you find it by accident?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

spyro65 Red Sparx Gems: 24
#20 Posted: 04:28:06 17/01/2012
I went to Wal-Mart and just happened to check the Skylander's area thinking they wouldn't have anything new. There was a young boy playing with an Empire of Ice set. I almost yanked it out of his hands. Then my little boy said "Mom, there's another one on the shelf!" So I grabbed it and looked through the rest. Nothing new except the two adventure packs. The poor boy looking at the other one looked so sad and envious that we were buying one. I guess his parents weren't going to let him have one. :-( So it was by pure accident that I was lucky enough to find one. I just wish I could have found Whirlwind.
---
My Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me