Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Entirety of wave 3 broken down. Useful info inside.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Entirety of wave 3 broken down. Useful info inside. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 23:35:06 13/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Okay, now I know every bit of what wave 3 comes with. Use this for reference, in order to build your collection (newcomers) or for those with collections, missing characters.

Single Packs (assorted in cases of 6) -

1x Double Trouble (magic)
1x Cynder (undead)
1x Whirlwind (air)
1x Drill Sergeant (tech)
1x Chop Chop (undead)
1x Flameslinger (fire)

Triple Packs (assorted in cases of 6) -

2x Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant (air/magic/tech)
2x Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash (tech/fire/life)
2x Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom (magic/life/air)

Adventure Packs (assorted in cases of 6) -

2x Pirate Seas (with the "EARTH" Skylander Terrafin)
2x Darklight Crypt (with the "UNDEAD" Skylander Ghost Roaster)
2x Empire of Ice (with the "WATER" Skylander Slam Bam)

NOTE: I HAVE BEEN SEEING THE ADVENTURE AND TRIPLE PACKS...... EVERYWHERE! So the air element should no longer be hard to get ahold of. Same goes with life.

I hope this helps any newcomers to the site, as well as those looking for characters they may have skipped out on in the past.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#2 Posted: 23:42:41 13/01/2012
Awesome info... thanks!!!
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#3 Posted: 23:45:11 13/01/2012
What about the characters that are not in these boxes? Will those waves still be shipping since many people missed out on those figures as well?
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#4 Posted: 23:48:49 13/01/2012
I wonder why I can't find any of the new wave. It's so annoying.
MonkeyBones Green Sparx Gems: 155
#5 Posted: 23:49:43 13/01/2012
I know in Western New York area I have spoken to many stores and all say we have been told by activision that we have to wait until Jan. 18th to see any restock.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#6 Posted: 00:31:30 14/01/2012
I'm only seeing old waves in my town. Haven't seen any adventurers packs at all, and none of those particular single or triple packs. Hopefully soon.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#7 Posted: 00:34:33 14/01/2012
Quote: Himewad
I'm only seeing old waves in my town. Haven't seen any adventurers packs at all, and none of those particular single or triple packs. Hopefully soon.

I haven't seen anything either. smilie Although I did see some adventure packs in Walmart but no EoI
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Gold_guardian Gold Sparx Gems: 2370
#8 Posted: 01:03:00 14/01/2012
Thanks for the info, nice to know the only old 3 pack I need will be included in the wave and thus back in stock sooner rather then later. I was starting to get worried since the recent restocks in my area where excluding it.
---
~Canadian~
Godzilla Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#9 Posted: 02:01:00 14/01/2012
Does that mean Wave 3 is out?
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#10 Posted: 02:10:14 14/01/2012
The current distribution is a little lame. It makes the new EOI adventure pack a tough find since it only comes 2 in a case of 6. Same goes for the single packs. The big problem here is that it is no longer Christmas which means that retailers do not really order tons of these types of items. Also if the other re-released adventure packs in the case don't get sold then it could make the EOI a tough item to track down. Im just hoping that Christmas generated enough hype that all if figures currently being released in this wave will sell otherwise the shelves could be stuck with the previously released packs/singles.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Necrophia Red Sparx Gems: 52
#11 Posted: 04:05:35 14/01/2012
I don't know for the rest of Europe, but the spanish website of Amazon ( http://www.amazon.es/ just type Skylanders and you'll see them) says the wave 3 figures will be released on February 17th.
---
--Sorry for the unexpected poor english--
#12 Posted: 04:51:42 14/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Skydaddy, actually Empire of Ice and even the Whilrwind triple pack have been easy to find.

What's been a pain, is finding single packs. It's odd I am seeing more adventure and triple packs, but no single packs whatsoever.
---
#13 Posted: 05:00:16 14/01/2012
Only at Walmart and Best Buy?
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#14 Posted: 05:04:55 14/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Skydaddy, actually Empire of Ice and even the Whilrwind triple pack have been easy to find.

What's been a pain, is finding single packs. It's odd I am seeing more adventure and triple packs, but no single packs whatsoever.

For you. I am sure I am not alone in saying I have not seen either one of those in a store around me.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#15 Posted: 05:05:56 14/01/2012
It has not been "easy" to find any of wave 3. It may have been easy foe you bc you got lucky and found one. If it were easy than people wouldnt be buying EOI on ebay for 100$. Cynder is non existent. Nobody on this board has posted a pic or has her but like one guy. I wish the game was a little more difficult or involved more enemies. The action/fighting in this game is lacking. I hope they make more difficult levels and release some DLC. It would be cool if they released really hard level adventure packs and the figures could be the elders or legendary chaaracters one of the scrolls in the game mentions these elders/gods or whatever they are called returning one day and being the strongest characters of all. I love the game but wish it was more challenging. Slam bam and double trouble just dominate .
CopiousTurtle Green Sparx Gems: 240
#16 Posted: 05:20:16 14/01/2012
I picked up EoI last night, actually. I really hope to find that triple pack of Whirlwind and Double Trouble (already have Drill Sgt.) and a Cynder. I am thinking of picking up that triple pack with Stealth Elf, considering I never have found her...
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#17 Posted: 05:21:48 14/01/2012
EoI is the pack I want the most, mainly because it's a new level. I hope tomorrow is the day!
#18 Posted: 05:41:41 14/01/2012

I'm not having luck finding anything.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#19 Posted: 05:46:10 14/01/2012
Strangely enough, the Wal-Mart I found EoI in only had the Adventure Packs. They were sitting on a shelf rather than being on pegs as they always have been, and there were NO single packs to be found... anywhere. Odd.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#20 Posted: 05:47:09 14/01/2012
does anyone know what stores get deliveries on weekends? I think walmart does but i've heard toys r us doesnt.
#21 Posted: 05:48:22 14/01/2012
Quote: CopiousTurtle
Strangely enough, the Wal-Mart I found EoI in only had the Adventure Packs. They were sitting on a shelf rather than being on pegs as they always have been, and there were NO single packs to be found... anywhere. Odd.

It's not odd. Everyone buys those because they're cheaper and they don't have to buy a triple pack.
---

#22 Posted: 05:59:31 14/01/2012
I'm just saying it is odd because Wal-Mart dedicated shelf space to them rather than having them hang on pegs as they have always been (and were like 2 days ago). Probably just crowding them together as tightly as possible to jam as much stuff as they can in the aisle though.
---
#23 Posted: 06:01:53 14/01/2012
Quote: CopiousTurtle
I'm just saying it is odd because Wal-Mart dedicated shelf space to them rather than having them hang on pegs as they have always been (and were like 2 days ago). Probably just crowding them together as tightly as possible to jam as much stuff as they can in the aisle though.

I think it was so they could hang all the single packs.
---

NCStarscream Green Sparx Gems: 494
#24 Posted: 06:06:30 14/01/2012
Today I found the older Adventure Packs at Walmart and GameStop. I wouldn't be surprised if Empire of Ice was there and I missed it. The GameStop was holding them behind the counter despite having a barren Skylanders display on the floor.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#25 Posted: 06:07:56 14/01/2012
Behind the counter, you say? Still visible though, right? I'd hate to feel like I'm making some back alley drug deal to get my Skylanders fix.
---
#26 Posted: 06:15:49 14/01/2012
Quote: NCStarscream
Today I found the older Adventure Packs at Walmart and GameStop. I wouldn't be surprised if Empire of Ice was there and I missed it. The GameStop was holding them behind the counter despite having a barren Skylanders display on the floor.

Aww I should have asked! smilie I'm mad at myself.
---

NCStarscream Green Sparx Gems: 494
#27 Posted: 06:19:26 14/01/2012
I actually didn't see them. I asked the only employee there if they had any and he pulled out a Darklight Crypt set and said "this is all we got."
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#28 Posted: 06:21:32 14/01/2012
Quote: NCStarscream
I actually didn't see them. I asked the only employee there if they had any and he pulled out a Darklight Crypt set and said "this is all we got."

Why does nobody like darklight crypt? I think it was fun and ghost roaster is really cool if you choose his skull attack path.
---

greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#29 Posted: 06:29:59 14/01/2012
^ this
#30 Posted: 06:31:09 14/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511
^ this

that what?
---

Dueck Green Sparx Gems: 301
#31 Posted: 06:47:55 14/01/2012
Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom triple pack was at EB today. They also have a specific "wave 3 singles" SKU in their coming soon list dated Feb 24.
---
smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie
smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie
#32 Posted: 06:49:11 14/01/2012
Quote: Dueck
Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom triple pack was at EB today. They also have a specific "wave 3 singles" SKU in their coming soon list dated Feb 24.

Are you serious!? Feb. !?
---

greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#33 Posted: 06:50:32 14/01/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
^ this

that what?

that darklight crypt doesnt get enough credit
#34 Posted: 07:04:16 14/01/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
^ this

that what?

that darklight crypt doesnt get enough credit

I know right!
---

ArkeyanForce Green Sparx Gems: 402
#35 Posted: 22:56:08 14/01/2012
Grrrrrrrrr wave three is nowhere in WI where do u guys live where there is eoi everywhere?
---
FINALLY FOUND HOT HEAD!!!
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#36 Posted: 00:25:42 15/01/2012
http://www.zeemaps.com/305905

I've been mapping sightings. Looks like mostly walmart and BestBuy for EoI for now. Some 3packs w/ whirlwind/drillsergeant/doubletrouble. No widespread shipments of single packs yet. Seems like the date some have been reporting is the 24th might be earlier. Stores should have full stock in a couple of weeks.

someone had found a double trouble 3 pack at West Bend, Wisconsin. can't remember if this was a forum member or a scalper.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:28:06 15/01/2012 by BerryShaker
#37 Posted: 02:50:43 15/01/2012

You've got your EoI times four, so it was easy for you. Don't tell the rest of us they are easy to find. You've got a lot of good information that you share here, but all too often you shove down our throats the fact that you've got four copies of everything in existence while the rest of us struggle to get just one.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#38 Posted: 18:30:40 15/01/2012
He keeps reminding us about himself grabbing four Empire of Ice Packs? Or was he bragging?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#39 Posted: 18:34:12 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Some people here make me not want to return. Sure, I am an adult, and can handle what seems like kiddy banter, but it's just not fun to come here and get ridiculed for trying to help out.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Makes these forums more peaceful.
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#40 Posted: 18:37:07 15/01/2012
Everyone seems to think that expressing an opinion harshly makes it more correct. In reality, it's the reason why no threads here stay on-topic anymore.
#41 Posted: 18:49:52 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, it's not hard to ignore. However, the negativity is just a buzz-kill. It reminds me of this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBhlyXQeAL0

Some are cool, until someone says something, then they do a 180.
---
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#42 Posted: 19:45:09 15/01/2012
So take your ass to a ball game. Oh wait, you mean we should go to a ball game. LOL

Look, this is how I see it. You genuinely want to help AFTER you have your 4 of everything. The truth sets in and your inner Jiminy Cricket kicks in and you start to realize what it is you are doing. These feelings you are having are hard to deal with. If you want them to go away, sell your extra EoI for retail + shipping to members of the forum. Those feelings will go away at that point and all will be well in the world.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#43 Posted: 19:48:11 15/01/2012
Some people here make me not want to return. Sure, I am an adult, and can handle what seems like kiddy banter, but it's just not fun to come here and get ridiculed for trying to help out.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Makes these forums more peaceful.

Much of what you say is you trying to help. I do believe that. But, just my opinion, a lot of it comes off as extreme bragging. "look at my huge collection! I'll even show you pictures of figures I will never play with that are hanging on my wall! And I've got three copies of figures that are opened, too! YOU can't find any? Well they are easy to find."

Sorry if my kiddy banter is harsh, but that's just how I see it. And I'll continue to post, "nice" or not. Peaceful forums are boring forums.
---
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#44 Posted: 20:53:53 18/01/2012
Thank you! V. helpful! I am very excited for the release of Cynder and Whirlwind, as they are my favourites, alongside Hex, of whom I already own with my brother. I shall be telling my brother about this, as he is just as crazy about Skylanders as I, and I am pretty big on it! I've been trying to get my brother to persuade his friends with Skylanders, such as Voodood, Drobot and Prism Break, to swap their Skylanders to my brother in exchange for my brother's old unwanted Gogo and Bakugan toys. Yes, I am that evil. smilie xD[User Posted Image]
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
scout_post Green Sparx Gems: 112
#45 Posted: 21:15:58 18/01/2012

I got the singles today, but have seen no triple packs. I don't know if there is any rhyme or reason to why certain areas get one thing and not another...or what the system of getting these out is.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#46 Posted: 21:23:17 18/01/2012
Is wave 3 available in the UK yet? Need Cynder :/
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
YaggleberryFinn Green Sparx Gems: 284
#47 Posted: 22:19:42 18/01/2012
Quote: joseph235
does anyone know what stores get deliveries on weekends? I think walmart does but i've heard toys r us doesnt.

This may not be entirely on topic, but it's useful info nonetheless. I talked to the electronics department manager at my local Walmart recently and found out that they don't get shipments of Skylanders from the Walmart warehouse like they do with most of their other products. Therefore they don't stock Skylanders overnight.

Instead, Skylanders are sent directly to Walmart from Activision (or their distributor) via UPS and FedEx. Those shipments arrive at my Walmart in the afternoon, around 2pm or so. I called my Walmart today around that time, and sure enough, they had just put new Skylanders on the shelves. Unfortunately it was all old figures, but that's how the system works. She also told me that they don't order any new ones until the shelves are empty again. I imagine that's how all Walmarts work. I don't have a local Target or Best Buy, or I would ask them the same questions.
---
Check out my new blog: Skylanders Armory!
the_box Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#48 Posted: 03:09:09 19/01/2012
So to insure that my drive wasn't wasteful, I had called my local Gamestop shortly after they opened to see if they had any figures. I was told that they get their new stock in store around 12:30/1. So I called them again at that time to see what ones they got in. Sure enough, they received some of Wave 3. The ones they had when I called were Cynder, Double Trouble, and Whirlwind. They held them for me. I had talked to them while I was there and they said they didn't get any Empire of Ice's in at all.

Side note #1: Gamestop is not techically allowed to hold the figures for people. My suggestion is to ask nicely and say you'll be there within an hour to pick them up.

Side note #2: I live in New Jersey and after several calls to various places the Gamestop I mentioned was the only one to any new figures. So where do you live GameMaster to say that they are everywhere? btw, thanks for the packaging details.
---
Collection Complete! 37/37
Proggy99 Red Sparx Gems: 66
#49 Posted: 04:07:08 19/01/2012
In columbus, oh, I have seen EoI in several BBs and Walmarts and a TRU, so they are certainly everywhere here. Seen anywhere from one to four and sometimes they are even there a couple days later when I swing back by. But no sighting of the DT three pack or cynder single pack. However, Amazon sent shipping confirmation on Cynder today and said I should receive it on Saturday.

TRU had about 20 three packs up today comprised of the Hex and Stealth Elf packs, but that was it. Saw all the plastic as I walked up and got excited, but then bleh. Already bought the 3ds to get SE and ignitor, so that ship has sailed.
---
have [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie]
looking for smiliesmiliesmilie
#50 Posted: 04:40:16 19/01/2012 | Topic Creator
You guys should see what I added on Zeemaps. MWAHAHAHA! smilie You will notice it, if you look for it. Was just having fun.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me