Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
AMAZON FUBAR thoughts? [CLOSED]
toy4vt Red Sparx Gems: 60
#1 Posted: 16:36:45 13/01/2012 | Topic Creator
first post here so sorry if too long....Amazon.com had the below available for pre-order on Jan. 10th.

These titles Activision Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Character Pack Cynder , were the same for the 4 individual figures but the images and ASINs are different since Amazon didn't have pictures of Cynder.

Cynder: Activision Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Character Pack Cynder
Drill Sergeant: Activision Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Character Pack Cynder
Whirlwind: Activision Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Character Pack Cynder
Double Trouble: Activision Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Character Pack Cynder

I didn't know this & searched for Cynder, it showed available for order so I purchased quickly before it showed out of stock. My invoice shows Cynder as the character purchased but now if I click the link on my order it takes me to the Double Trouble description. So this tells me that many folks who thought they were ordering Cynder will probably receive 1 of the 4 characters and not a guaranteed Cynder. I emailed cust. service and they immediately corrected the website & could only confirm the ship date of the skylander but not which one it would be. Said I could get refund if I dont get what I ordered which won't help much since Cynder will be difficult to get.

So if you ordered from Amazon you might want to recheck your order...
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie]
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#2 Posted: 16:59:33 13/01/2012
My order shows a picture of cynder aand my email confirmation states cynder. After i purchased tho the listing was removed and it now shows a pic of cynder and the price is 200$. Cynder eill only be hard to find when first released. In a few weeks she will be wverywhwre. Ita not a big deal
#3 Posted: 17:27:24 13/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I ordered using my Ipod so the image was too small to notice at the time. You would think Amazon product titles would be reliable & not needing someone to read the entire product page to make sure its correct. Grats to you Drill, enjoy your Cynder, we will enjoy our Double Trouble but will still have Cynder envy. My wife tells me to just cancel the order but I would rather receive DT than nothing at all. It wouldn't be such a problem had I not also ordered the 3 pack that includes the Double Trouble. I'll just end up with Quad Trouble.....
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie]
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#4 Posted: 18:36:11 13/01/2012
Quote: toy4vt
first post here so sorry if too long....Amazon.com had the below available for pre-order on Jan. 10th.

These titles Activision Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Character Pack Cynder , were the same for the 4 individual figures but the images and ASINs are different since Amazon didn't have pictures of Cynder.

Cynder: Activision Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Character Pack Cynder
Drill Sergeant: Activision Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Character Pack Cynder
Whirlwind: Activision Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Character Pack Cynder
Double Trouble: Activision Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Character Pack Cynder

I didn't know this & searched for Cynder, it showed available for order so I purchased quickly before it showed out of stock. My invoice shows Cynder as the character purchased but now if I click the link on my order it takes me to the Double Trouble description. So this tells me that many folks who thought they were ordering Cynder will probably receive 1 of the 4 characters and not a guaranteed Cynder. I emailed cust. service and they immediately corrected the website & could only confirm the ship date of the skylander but not which one it would be. Said I could get refund if I dont get what I ordered which won't help much since Cynder will be difficult to get.

So if you ordered from Amazon you might want to recheck your order...

I think it's just a typo or something. I ordered Whirlwind, but even when searching for it, I get an Eruptor.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
deathcrow Green Sparx Gems: 272
#5 Posted: 18:48:04 13/01/2012
I noticed the problem too and contacted customer support. The lady said she would notify the web dept and the problem was fixed an hour later. I got lucky and the one i clicked on had the picture of cynder, so hopefully that's what I get. Last time I checked though, the others had actual pictures of the packaging, but cynder had just a picture of her off of a poster or something. Wonder why that is?
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#6 Posted: 18:55:39 13/01/2012
I ordered Cynder, and now the link goes to a general "character pack" page with a dropdown menu that shows Cynder when it's finished loading (but it defaulted to Eruptor)

So I guess mine is okay?
---
#all Spyros are valid
#7 Posted: 18:57:41 13/01/2012
^ My Whirlwind is an Eruptor, so how should I go about this? :/
---

hoodoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1169
#8 Posted: 19:03:06 13/01/2012
If you click on the item link from within your order page it will take you to the item you ordered. Directly above the item name it will have a notice explaining that you have previously ordered this item. In that notice it will state the Skylander ordered as well. Mine says "Edition: Cynder". Just a tip.
---
A dad, a husband, a gamer
#9 Posted: 19:30:49 13/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Well POODOO!!! Mine says Double Trouble. What am I going to do with 100 Double Troubles???

Im kidding I didn't order 100 but im still not happy about this. They should manually pull Cynder and fulfill Cynder purchases in the order they were received. If I had know this I would have not bought DT since he's in the 3 pack. =(

Could be worse I suppose, could be like poor person above who is getting Eruptor so I should count my blessings. I was able to pre order the Ice Empire at Walmart.com today, look forward to playing that big Yeti!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:43:15 13/01/2012 by toy4vt
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#10 Posted: 20:01:18 13/01/2012
Quote: PinkWater
^ My Whirlwind is an Eruptor, so how should I go about this? :/

Did you let the page load completely? It showed Eruptor's picture for me first but jumped to Cynder when it finished loading.
Where did you get the link you originally ordered from? I got mine from GameMaster's thread.
If it says Edition: Eruptor instead of Whirlwind, you should contact Amazon's customer service about that. Whirlwind isn't even in the dropdown on that page, which might be causing a problem?
---
#all Spyros are valid
#11 Posted: 20:09:30 13/01/2012
^ Yeah, I got it from GM. Cynder loaded, but not whirlwind, which is bugging me...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ...x_ya_os_product This is it.
---

#12 Posted: 20:20:11 13/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I did what hoodoo mentioned above & this is what my Amazon page says:

Instant Order Update for #### ######. You purchased this item on January 10, 2012. View this order.
Edition: Double Trouble

but my invoice & conf say this:

# of Activision Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Character Pack Cynder
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

Thats what I get for getting excited & ordering before double checking myself. Im 99% sure i'll end up with Double Trouble. Another lady I spoke with ordered Double Trouble from this page going off of the photo of him & not the title saying it was Cynder. She wanted Double Trouble so I don't know how Amazon would know who wanted what unless they notify Amazon to explain the mixup. [/i]

Amazon should have had that drop down menu page from the start!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:21:16 13/01/2012 by toy4vt
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#13 Posted: 20:27:17 13/01/2012
I have explained this over and over.

They package by the ASIN number, which can be found if you scroll down on the listing.

Before I placed my order, I made sure everything I ordered had a different ASIN number, so I wouldn't naturally be ordering the same item.

I then scrolled down further, to see what character it listed in the "Item description." Sure enough, the characters I ordered was Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant, Cynder, Double Trouble, and the new triple pack.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#14 Posted: 22:12:37 13/01/2012
All right then, and they do have diff numbers and their different info. And if all doesn't go well, at least I know I'm getting Cynder.
---

DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#15 Posted: 01:00:39 14/01/2012
I just checked my asin and it matches cynder. They updated the photo too. I hope it comes through.
Godzilla Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#16 Posted: 02:05:02 14/01/2012
Nope. I just double checked and it says I ordered Cynder. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me