Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Will retail shops buy a figureless 3DS game?
Page 1 of 1
Will retail shops buy a figureless 3DS game? [CLOSED]
Necrophia Red Sparx Gems: 52
#1 Posted: 14:48:53 13/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Hi. New here.

Yesterday, i saw the 3DS game go down of price in my area, so i took the chance to get it, and get the 3 figures i was missing (Not counting the recent Wave 3 skylanders).

Due i don't have a 3DS, i don't have any use for the game and the portal, so i was wondering if retail/pawn shops will accept to buy the game+portal, but without the figures.
---
--Sorry for the unexpected poor english--
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 15:02:29 13/01/2012
I don't think a retail shop would buy the portal back, but only somewhere where you could trade in games (Like Gamestop, maybe Best Buy) would you be able to do anything with the actual game.

Your best bet would to just be selling it on ebay, game and portal. I've seen a few on there with just that from people who've done the exact same thing. Looks to me though, that they're only selling it for like $15...
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#3 Posted: 15:19:50 13/01/2012
A pawn shop would take it, but don't expect to get much out of it.

I agree with spyroflame that ebay is probably your best bet. Or you could go with Craig's List and sell it for cash locally.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#4 Posted: 16:14:06 13/01/2012
^ agree with them.
Don't think you will get a lot for it!

Why not save up or trade in some games....and actually get a 3Ds????? It's a totally different campaign and story!
Plus it is nice to have the mini portal for your computer too.
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Necrophia Red Sparx Gems: 52
#5 Posted: 16:38:18 13/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I already figured out they will give me arround 15-20 for the game. All the pack cost me 50€ (Arround 60$), so basically i paid 10 for each Skylander (A bit more expensive than the normal skylander. Though Dark Spyro can be treated with a higher value. Ignitor maybe too, until the single release).

Quote: JAP28
Why not save up or trade in some games....and actually get a 3Ds????? It's a totally different campaign and story!

Is not a bad idea for trade it for other games instead.

I know the 3DS game is like a prequel and so, but i am not really interested to get the system just for a single game. Besides, most of the 3DS catalog is not very interesting, and i have a bad eyesight for make use of the 3D function (I already have problems with 3D glasses).

I already use the normal portal for the computer.
---
--Sorry for the unexpected poor english--
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#6 Posted: 16:56:30 13/01/2012
So you guys are finding retail outlets that are selling the game used? That surprises me since there isn't a barcode and all versions of the game say "Not for resale" on the back. I didn't think they'd take them.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#7 Posted: 17:14:25 13/01/2012
No. They wouldn't buy the game without any crucial accessory's; they'd make a loss. That's trading in a games console without the cables or a controller.
toy4vt Red Sparx Gems: 60
#8 Posted: 17:31:15 13/01/2012
Not to give you ideas but I just saw something for the first time that reminds me how dishonest folks can be. I spotted the Skylander Starter pack for the 3DS at local Walmart that just didnt look right. After closer inspection I see that instead of Dark Spyro, Ignitor & Stealth Elf it contained regular Spyro, Terrafin, & another common figure (cant recall which). At first I thought it was an error & it would be a rarity. After closer inspection I see that it had been a return.

So someone who can live with the guilt bought it, took out the good pieces & returned it with these commons (other than Terrafin) Walmart return dept wouldnt know the difference im sure. I informed the mgr about what had most likely happened & I offered to give them half price for it since my son still needed Terrafin. Nope, it needed to be returned to Activsion as defective & will probably end up in trash.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie]
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#9 Posted: 22:23:38 13/01/2012
If you sell it yourself, please remember to clear mark it as unusable so that a potential buyer is not misled.

I have been informed that the 3DS game requires two figs to be playable, not just one.

I got lucky, when I sold the 3DS pack I bought for D/Spyro and Ignitor I had no idea that it did not need any more than a single fig but I had a spare Eruptor so bundled that in.

And, no, I don't think any store with knowledge of games would try to resell it without figurines.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
CopiousTurtle Green Sparx Gems: 240
#10 Posted: 22:53:07 13/01/2012
^ agree with them.
Don't think you will get a lot for it!

Whoa! Really? I didn't know that the 3DS game was different (I hope this doesn't sound sarcastic, I really don't mean it to be). I've been thinking of getting the 3DS game for a week or so now, seeing as how Stealth Elf is nowhere to be found. I know I'll EVENTUALLY get a 3DS, but the game will be useless until then.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#11 Posted: 03:27:01 14/01/2012
^ Yah pretty sad part of the reason I bought the 3D's .... was for more Skylanders content!!! Total different story! Plus two exclusive figures and the mini portal!
Yah take a look here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...feature=related

Hey Send me a private message Copious Turtle I have HEX and DINO-RANG if you want????
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#12 Posted: 08:48:41 14/01/2012
Yeah, the games are completely different. The 3DS one plays more like a platformer game with jumping and everything.

I know over here that CEX takes the game and portal as trade-in with no figures, for about £11, but I wouldn't know if anywhere around you has something like that.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#13 Posted: 15:43:53 14/01/2012
^ Yah pretty sad part of the reason I bought the 3D's .... was for more Skylanders content!!! Total different story! Plus two exclusive figures and the mini portal!
Yah take a look here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...feature=related

Hey Send me a private message Copious Turtle I have HEX and DINO-RANG if you want????

and the most important thing is that you can fix your skylanders that get an faulty save...

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=45690
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me