Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
son and the bathtub!! [CLOSED]
purple147rose Red Sparx Gems: 26
#1 Posted: 11:13:56 13/01/2012 | Topic Creator
My darling littlest one snuck a few skylanders into the tub with him.... one of which was Whirlwind that is not easy to come by.... I have to give "props" to the company that made them... They all worked perfectly afterwards! However... I DO NOT recommend water play with these wonderful toys! Has anyone else had a few close calls??
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#2 Posted: 11:20:03 13/01/2012
Wow. I was wondering if they would work if they got wet just yesterday. No close calls for me (yet), but I'm glad for your sake that they still work.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#3 Posted: 12:58:02 13/01/2012
a few questions...

1. how long did your son have them in the water?
2. how long did your dry them before usage?
3. any water that did penetrate the base?
anverc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1342
#4 Posted: 20:05:43 13/01/2012
the RFID chip is inside a plastic slide... i would think water would have a hard time getting at and damaging anything.
#5 Posted: 20:38:35 13/01/2012 | Topic Creator
He had them in the tub about 1/2 an hour and we let them dry for about 2 days. Needless to say we were very relieved that they worked!
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#6 Posted: 20:43:00 13/01/2012
That's a pretty solid test. Highly portable, cross-platform compatible, and water-resistant!
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Samsdad Red Sparx Gems: 82
#7 Posted: 20:58:56 13/01/2012
Quote: purple147rose
My darling littlest one snuck a few skylanders into the tub with him.... one of which was Whirlwind that is not easy to come by.... I have to give "props" to the company that made them... They all worked perfectly afterwards! However... I DO NOT recommend water play with these wonderful toys! Has anyone else had a few close calls??

Just curious, were they Skylanders of the Water Element? I mean, I'd think Gill Grunt or Zap would be fine, but Eruptor or Flameslinger might get extinguished and Bash or Prism Break would sink like rocks and drown. smilie

My son had asked to take some in the tub when he first got them and I said no. I think I might buy a duplicate of one he already has and do some extensive water resistance testing with it. Sounds like a fun science project.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:08:28 13/01/2012 by Samsdad
#8 Posted: 21:36:13 13/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Just to help the "science" project.... Whirlwind, Stump Smash and Flame Slinger were the swimmers of the day! smilie
---
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#9 Posted: 22:41:47 13/01/2012
I'm pretty clumsy, so I drop stuff a lot...

I've dropped my Skylanders multiple times... and it appeares they're pretty shock proof...
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#10 Posted: 23:46:53 13/01/2012
If that happens, but them in a bag of dry rice and leave them alone for a couple of days... they should be fine as long as they are not put on the portal.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#11 Posted: 23:50:42 13/01/2012
It sounds like the only way to effectively destroy an RFID chip is to smash it or fry it in the microwave.

I'm very pleased with the technology they've decided to use, it's perfect for toys.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me