Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Cut it out guys! [CLOSED]
Mortymore Green Sparx Gems: 356
#51 Posted: 23:04:31 13/01/2012
The doubles I ended up with, 1 I gave, 1 trade and 2 sold for €5 each, to my neighbour kids, so they don't mess around with my kids skylanders. smilie

It's not easy for me to have one of all skylanders available, so I'm glad that I'm being able to pic even just one of each.

EDIT: I just chose different paths for regular and Legendary.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie blsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:01:33 15/01/2012 by Mortymore
Poptimus Green Sparx Gems: 218
#52 Posted: 23:08:02 13/01/2012
Quote: CopiousTurtle
Now Poptimus, don't you think that sounds quite a bit... hypocritical given the context? I need to pick up multiples of wave 3 to have both paths AND one to hang on the wall. If the kiddies in the community don't get what they want (only 1 to actually play, nonetheless) then it's "a little patience will do 'em good." Really?

Not hypocritical at all. I only by 1 of a character and have stopped buying completely for now. However, if a collector manages to snag a couple good for him. If kids get it and he (the collector) can't get any, then good for the kids. Early bird gets the worm, simple as that.

Let's put it this way, would you rather a collector who really enjoys the game snag a few of each for personal use or a scalper buy out the whole stock of skylanders to make a small fortune so neither the kids nor collectors can enjoy them?
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#53 Posted: 23:24:21 13/01/2012
First off the original post didn't frame any context, simply that getting more than one Skylander was evil. I don;t see how Poptimus is being hypocritical at all since he's mainly saying be patient. I don't see where he said buy everything out. Karma will sort it all out people. I usually just get one of anything new than wait for future wave before I consider a double purchase.
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#54 Posted: 03:12:11 14/01/2012
Kind of absurd. Checked TRU at lunchtime. They had maybe 6-8 3 packs of wave 2 went back at 6:30 and there was NASA... Weird
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#55 Posted: 03:29:57 14/01/2012
Quote: BerryShaker
Kind of absurd. Checked TRU at lunchtime. They had maybe 6-8 3 packs of wave 2 went back at 6:30 and there was NASA... Weird

WTH was NASA doing at TRU? Did they buy up all the legos to make a new satellite?
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#56 Posted: 03:34:35 14/01/2012
Dude. Some people buy them so that they can give less-fortunate fans the opportunity to have them. smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#57 Posted: 03:45:45 14/01/2012
I get 1 for each path, and 1 to keep in packaging, but in the case of Whirlwind and Drill Seargent, I will be getting 1 more of those so I may have exclusives package and wave 3 package.
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#58 Posted: 05:30:47 14/01/2012
Lol stupid autocorrect. I typed nada
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CopiousTurtle Green Sparx Gems: 240
#59 Posted: 05:42:41 14/01/2012
Quote: Poptimus
Quote: CopiousTurtle
Now Poptimus, don't you think that sounds quite a bit... hypocritical given the context? I need to pick up multiples of wave 3 to have both paths AND one to hang on the wall. If the kiddies in the community don't get what they want (only 1 to actually play, nonetheless) then it's "a little patience will do 'em good." Really?

Not hypocritical at all. I only by 1 of a character and have stopped buying completely for now. However, if a collector manages to snag a couple good for him. If kids get it and he (the collector) can't get any, then good for the kids. Early bird gets the worm, simple as that.

Let's put it this way, would you rather a collector who really enjoys the game snag a few of each for personal use or a scalper buy out the whole stock of skylanders to make a small fortune so neither the kids nor collectors can enjoy them?

To be honest, even if I'm the one getting left in the cold, I'd rather the kids get the items that are initially intended for kids. I don't think anyone would argue the target demographic is kids / teens. I'm just being honest here. I like the game, and if I start a collection I intend to see it all the way through. But if I'm having more than one (not villifying those who do this) with only one child in my household, I'd feel like I would be taking joy from a child. I think we'd all agree that if Activision would just produce the necessary numbers of these things then it wouldn't be an issue.

Also, regarding the intended context of the original comment -- I understood it to be referring to Wave 3 and I assumed all did too. Sorry for the confusion. At the very least, I'll say that is what I was referring to.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#60 Posted: 06:15:40 14/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
Quote: BerryShaker

WTH was NASA doing at TRU? Did they buy up all the legos to make a new satellite?

i read this and i was like "What the @#%$ was NASA doing at Toys R Us!?"
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#61 Posted: 06:19:40 14/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511
I get 1 for each path, and 1 to keep in packaging, but in the case of Whirlwind and Drill Seargent, I will be getting 1 more of those so I may have exclusives package and wave 3 package.

You know you can just reset one and just pick the other path, right?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#62 Posted: 06:26:55 14/01/2012
yeah, but i have 2 for boss battles.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#63 Posted: 12:56:50 14/01/2012
I honestly don't think these will be collector's items like some people think, with the exception of the silver and gold releases. If you want one for each path, I can see that if you are REALLY into this game. But for the people getting that in addition to all of the single and triple packs? Ludicrous.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#64 Posted: 00:33:21 15/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511
yeah, but i have 2 for boss battles.

Surely you don't need 64 Skylanders to win the boss battles? I can do them all in a few minutes with JUST a maxed up Stealth elf.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#65 Posted: 00:45:21 15/01/2012
1 for each path alright! When 1 dies I'll just swap them out!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me