Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Cut it out guys! [CLOSED]
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#1 Posted: 16:53:08 12/01/2012 | Topic Creator
What is is point of buying 2 or more of the same Skylander? Its just greedy. Save some for the people that dont have any of that Skylander. I mean why buy so many?
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#2 Posted: 16:54:11 12/01/2012
Quote: TorchSheep
What is is point of buying 2 or more of the same Skylander? Its just greedy. Save some for the people that dont have any of that Skylander. I mean why buy so many?

1 for playing, 1 for collection purpose.

Some buy one Skylander for each kid also.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#3 Posted: 17:00:30 12/01/2012
That's a tough sell to most of us on the forum. I could see the argument of not buying to resell but to a collector having one opened and one unopened is fairly common. I was thinking about doubles of certain Skylanders so I could have both specs. available at any given time without having to reset a single Skylander. An example would be having a level 10 Chop Chop spec'd. Sword and another spec'd. Shield. I haven't decided yet but I was thinking about it.
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#4 Posted: 17:01:21 12/01/2012
It's up to the individual really??? Also how big someone's family is!!!!

I do not have or want any doubles!
Well I do have these doubles right now but am trying to help people out!

I got a triple pack....with Zap, Hex, and Dino-Rang
Anyone interested please PM me.

(My location Northern Ontario, Canada)
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:07:14 12/01/2012 by JAP28
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#5 Posted: 17:03:48 12/01/2012
I buy a total of 4 of every new thing, but it's impossible to get all 4 at one time, since they are packed so few to a box.

I buy 2 to open (for each upgrade path), 1 to hang on my Skylander shrine, and 1 goes to my kids (they have their own completed set for Battle Mode).

What's greedy, is two customers buying a total of 12 Empire of Ice's to sell on Ebay (according to another poster here). That's the true definition of greed.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
CopiousTurtle Green Sparx Gems: 240
#6 Posted: 17:23:09 12/01/2012
I personally do find it wrong if said "collectors" buy multiples of each item when little Timmy is standing behind you crying. If no one is even looking at the figures at the time of your visit then I have no problem with it. Buying up multiple copies of one figure when there's only 3 there and 5 kids patiently waiting in line for you to move so they can pick one up is just wrong in my eyes.

I am not a collector of things for the very reason that I think competing with other customers for a limited supply of product X is pointless. In this case Activision should produce more. I hate how companies rely on making a demand for their product by not supplying a re-issue later on down the line. If wave 1 or 2 is considered "gone" after 3 hits, then I might walk away from this game altogether. I have a collector's mentality when it comes to completing a collection, but when I (or little Timmy who might only want one of each element) can't buy one specific Skylander (not a silver or gold variant, but a straight up regular figure) because of those who pick up enough so they can experience the game AND hang one or two on a wall, unopened is just messed up.

Is life fair? No. Am I going to complain about capitalism because I can't get what I (and my 7 year old) want? No. Will I post my views about the subject on a message board and await the smart*** defensive comments from those guilty of what I have just stated? Sure. I'll do that one.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#7 Posted: 17:34:55 12/01/2012
I agree that it's wrong for collectors to buy more than one of the same Skylanders. It is selfish, greedy and it's like they're not letting the target demographic get their hands on them. I bet that's the reason why there are no Skylanders at all in my local Game store.

If you want your Skylanders to have both upgrade paths, then you can just reset it for replay value.
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#8 Posted: 17:37:45 12/01/2012
^Nah....the reason why there are not any Skylanders is they did not think it would be this successful!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#9 Posted: 17:38:37 12/01/2012
Thats why I only buy 1 of each skylander. Unless It's Silver/Gold/Translucent/Legendary. That's different, but I would still never buy more then one. One complete set is good enough for me! lol =3
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#10 Posted: 17:44:30 12/01/2012
Yerp, one each for me does the trick. I've got the Legendary characters as I count them as different as they have different stats, and I'd buy silver/gold/whatever figurines to hoarde and sell at a later date to appease my crushing shame in spending God-only-knows amount of money on these figurines.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#11 Posted: 17:48:25 12/01/2012
JAP28: I can accept that, and like I said if there's a re-issue of Skylanders later then I have absolutely zero issue with this. I'd rather get the characters now rather than later, but if the only thing keeping my son from a complete collection is time then that's cool.

terranakari: I agree. The variants are for a pure collectors purpose. Since they are rare, I can understand someone picking those up. I just don't think the regular figs should be rare.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#12 Posted: 17:49:54 12/01/2012
I think being a collector who likes to buy one of everything for use and a couple of others of each for display is okay, but doing these things with a product line which is not only in high demand but also aimed for children is just very irresponsible.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#13 Posted: 17:54:54 12/01/2012
Well, I admit, I would buy all the Silver / Gold Skylanders they have. Stores won't have more than one, but if I saw two or three I would grab them.
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#14 Posted: 17:56:11 12/01/2012
I used to collect stuff. I had a baseball card collection approaching 15,000 cards. I had a football collection nearing 5,000 cards. Back when I was collecting them, they were 15 cards to a pack for $0.35. Life was simple then. I choose to sell all those cards to my best friend for $100 as I knew there was no way I was going to get what they were "worth" out of them. I then found M:TG and started all over again. My collection was vast and greatly outshined the local kids at the game store where we played. I didnt feel that bad because I had the $ to spend and they didnt. I utilized ebay to my advantage by purchasing old packs and keeping them for about a year and then reselling them for profit. I would then take that profit and purchase the individual cards I needed. When my daughter was born, I had to sell my collection to support the new bills that occured. I did get $1,500 for my cards and unopened boxes and packs. They were worth considerably more than that, but like all these collectables, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Right now, people are willing to pay assloads of $ for them as the perception of these things is that they are rare. This makes 2 things happen. The price of these things are inflated and people are hoarding them in the hopes that they become worth more than assloads. If activision re-releases these figures, the value drops dramatically and some people will have spent hundreds of dollars to complete their collection for nothing. I have all the ones I care to have right now and will get what I can at retail from here on out. I over spent for 2 singles and the legendary 3 pack as I could not find them anywhere around here. I will not be purchasing anything else from ebay as I am confident I will be able to find what I need in my 30 some local stores. If I happen to find a silver or gold figure then I will get it and hold onto it. I purchased one of each and I have 2 kids and myself playing the game. I can only imagine what my wife would say if I came home with more than one of a figure. My wife and I lookout for our kids as well as other kids who are not so fortunate. I have only purchased 4 of these to resell on ebay and when I did, I left atleast 20 of them on the shelf.

Is it wrong to have more than one? Nope. If you have the disposable income to waste on these things for having 2 opened for each path because you are too lazy to reset and relevel, then congrats on not being hurt in today's economy.

However, having 3 sets open so you can have 2 and your kids 1 does seem a bit excessive to me. But to each their own again.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#15 Posted: 18:21:16 12/01/2012
Speaking for myself I am not collecting for monetary gain but because I am a collector. A Skylander costs less than 2 premium drinks from Starbucks. What I've mentally done is told myself "Do I really want to spend this money on fast/junk food or would I rather buy a Skylander?" Well I choose the Skylander. Also my first doubles were Dino and Hex yesterday. The first copies I purchased were on 11-11-11 after I picked up Skyrim. Since the pegs are full again I decided to start looking at a second round of figs. Now I want to make this perfectly clear, I have a 7 year old daughter that is a collector of all things Monster High and she has been disappointed when nothing new is on the shelf. I know that disappointed look. I have never, nor will I ever deplete stock of a generally perceived kids item. In the past when I was collecting the re-release of the G.I. Joe figures I would be stocked up on figs., see a kid check the stock while I was there, and offer him some of the doubles I found. I also have been know to bend the cards so scalpers won't want them and kids can get them since they will open them anyway. Just because I want to have an unopened second set or an opened second copy for a different path it doesn't make me a bad guy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:21:36 12/01/2012 by Tigorus
#16 Posted: 18:37:40 12/01/2012
Quote: Tigorus
A Skylander costs less than 2 premium drinks from Starbucks. What I've mentally done is told myself "Do I really want to spend this money on fast/junk food or would I rather buy a Skylander?" Well I choose the Skylanders.

smilie----- this!------smilie this is how i feel =3 and its also what i do lol
---

#17 Posted: 18:40:14 12/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: alicecarp
I agree that it's wrong for collectors to buy more than one of the same Skylanders. It is selfish, greedy and it's like they're not letting the target demographic get their hands on them. I bet that's the reason why there are no Skylanders at all in my local Game store.

If you want your Skylanders to have both upgrade paths, then you can just reset it for replay value.

^ This
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#18 Posted: 18:44:45 12/01/2012
I think really, it's up to people whether they want to get more than one of the same Skylander. I mean, I personally can't justify spending that much just to collect Skylanders, but if people want to, that's their choice. The only qualms I have are people who buy just to re-sell.

(The only figures I have more than one of are Drill Sergeant, who is sealed, and Zap, who is unsealed. I'd happily sell both of them, but only have them due to bidding on too many auctions in Drill Sergeant's case, and buying Zap in a triple pack)
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#19 Posted: 18:49:59 12/01/2012
You know Sunny, I might have to start getting doubles. I'd like to avoid that if I can, but it seems like every character I buy in a single pack is ruining the upcoming 3 pack. I still need Hex and Dino-rang, but they are packaged with Zap for example. Same with the new 3 pack... I already have Drill Sgt. I'll get a double of Drill Sgt. if I see the 3 pack. I want to get Whirlwind and Double Trouble.
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#20 Posted: 18:58:29 12/01/2012
Quote: CopiousTurtle
You know Sunny, I might have to start getting doubles. I'd like to avoid that if I can, but it seems like every character I buy in a single pack is ruining the upcoming 3 pack. I still need Hex and Dino-rang, but they are packaged with Zap for example. Same with the new 3 pack... I already have Drill Sgt. I'll get a double of Drill Sgt. if I see the 3 pack. I want to get Whirlwind and Double Trouble.

This is why I haven't bought any singles for myself. I've got the first five triple packs, plus the starter packs for the Wii and 3DS. That forced a double-up on Stealth Elf, but I gave the extra to my cousin, who didn't have many figures. I'm a swell guy.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#21 Posted: 19:00:42 12/01/2012
Yeah, I have a fellow Skylanders friend who doesn't have Drill Sgt. I'll probably give it to him. Of course, he'll probably buy the triple pack too... hmmm...
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#22 Posted: 19:05:49 12/01/2012
I accidentally end up with some doubles, never intentionally set out to get them.

Aw damn, that newish user there makes it real tempting to go back to my old avatar.
---
Eh.
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#23 Posted: 20:20:28 12/01/2012
i think its better for the kiddies to get the toys first. afte all, they are part of a childrens game. and you get a chance to buy them some times later too.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#24 Posted: 20:46:35 12/01/2012
Pssh, kids waiting in line for Skylanders? Here, there are buckets full just begging to be bought!
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Poptimus Green Sparx Gems: 218
#25 Posted: 20:54:57 12/01/2012
Buying more than one to resell for profit = greedy

Buying more than one to keep one in package, have one leveled down both paths, etc. = not greedy

There is nothing greedy about wanting more than one for collection purposes. I can understand buying up to three for collectors (one of each path and one to keep in package). I can also completely understand buying two for the highly competitive people who play battle mode a lot. If there were online play, I would have bought two of every one of them already. If you want to blame anyone, blame Activision for underestimating the sales of this game and not getting enough figures made.
#26 Posted: 20:59:57 12/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Poptimus

Buying more than one to keep one in package, have one leveled down both paths, etc. = not greedy

There is nothing greedy about wanting more than one for collection purposes. I can understand buying up to three for collectors (one of each path and one to keep in package). I can also completely understand buying two for the highly competitive people who play battle mode a lot. If there were online play, I would have bought two of every one of them already. If you want to blame anyone, blame Activision for underestimating the sales of this game and not getting enough figures made.

Greedy aswell smilie
#27 Posted: 21:03:38 12/01/2012
If you want to blame anyone, blame Activision for underestimating the sales of this game and not getting enough figures made.

VERY true! but not at the same time.

It may be activisions fault for not printing enough figures to meet demands, but they also had no idea that they were going to be as popular as they are. They already told us they had no idea and are going to print more to meet demands. Im hoping things will start picking up here soon.
---

#28 Posted: 21:04:50 12/01/2012

Greedy aswell smilie

Being a collector is not greedy.
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#29 Posted: 21:05:13 12/01/2012
I don't think there's anything wrong with buying to resell. I mean, ALL companies do it. Toys R Us, Walmart, Target, etc are paying LESS than $7.99 on each Skylander. They aren't doing it because it's fun.
#30 Posted: 21:06:51 12/01/2012
What's wrong with wanting to keep one mint and one to play with? Absolutely nothing. Years down the road when Skylanders isn't being produced anymore and you're ready to get rid of your collection, I guarantee a mint condition figure would bring in some good money. Sounds like someone is a bit upset they can't get their hands on any, just be patient. The only people you should be pointing fingers at for being greedy are scalpers, they are the primary problem. The amount of people buying more than one of each skylander to keep for personal use is far less than those buying in bulk to sell at absurd rates.
#31 Posted: 21:08:08 12/01/2012
What's wrong with wanting to keep one mint and one to play with? Absolutely nothing. Years down the road when Skylanders isn't being produced anymore and you're ready to get rid of your collection, I guarantee a mint condition figure would bring in some good money. Sounds like someone is a bit upset they can't get their hands on any, just be patient. The only people you should be pointing fingers at for being greedy are scalpers, they are the primary problem. The amount of people buying more than one of each skylander to keep for personal use is far less than those buying in bulk to sell at absurd rates.

This.
#32 Posted: 21:09:28 12/01/2012
I also agree with Poptimus.
---

Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#33 Posted: 21:15:18 12/01/2012
Technically, the resellers on ebay aren't the problem. Its the people willing to spend way too much for these things and supporting the resellers on ebay that are the problem. If no one paid $35 for an unboxed stealth elf, then there wouldn't be the over priced NIB ones either.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#34 Posted: 21:24:25 12/01/2012
Either way, it's basically a "chicken or the egg" argument when it comes to whether or not the scalpers or those willing to buy from scalpers is the problem. The scalpers are to blame for the greed, but the buyers are to blame for fueling the greed. More or less it is one giant circle and will continue to be so until enough figure can be produced to meet the demand.
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#35 Posted: 21:27:03 12/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
Technically, the resellers on ebay aren't the problem. Its the people willing to spend way too much for these things and supporting the resellers on ebay that are the problem. If no one paid $35 for an unboxed stealth elf, then there wouldn't be the over priced NIB ones either.

I agree with this. Don't support the scalpers by purchasing from them. There will be stock in the stores soon enough. Manufacturing just needs to catch up to demand. If we all just exercise a little patience (I KNOW this is hard! I know I'm antsy for the new characters) everyone will be able to get what they need.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GamerSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 178
#36 Posted: 21:48:20 12/01/2012
here's my opinion at the most you should buy3 of each skylander 1 for one of the path's 2 for the other and 3 is for mispaint so ya if you buy more you should probably sell them on ebay... plus is getting 4or more of each getting anyone anywhere?!?
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#37 Posted: 22:13:12 12/01/2012

I have 3 kids that play and they fight over them so I've had to buy some multiples.
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#38 Posted: 22:34:47 12/01/2012
i think tbh 2 is enough if you want 2 paths leave 1 in a box sealed and do the second path with an unboxed one then that way you have 2 figures 1 sealed one not and you get both paths that way you don't need 2 unsealed and 1 sealed and 1 for something else. fair enough if you have kids i can kind of understand

but why people even bother having 2 for both paths is beyond me as I've noticed i only can play with one figure at a time and secondly a lot of my figures don't get used.

I'm sorry but in my opinion 4 characters x 32 = 128 Skylanders that's without variants in my eyes your just as bad as a scalper just because your not selling them for stupid prices your still making it hard for people to get hold of them
---
I Have: 37/37
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:48:07 12/01/2012 by Skaterpunkdan
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#39 Posted: 23:48:08 12/01/2012

I agree. Why can't you just use the Skylander's themselves as collector items? The packaging isn't THAT awesome.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#40 Posted: 00:17:59 13/01/2012
Unless you're planning on selling toys way down the line, there is no need to keep them in the packages. They look so much cooler displayed in the open.
forcesofwill Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#41 Posted: 00:30:16 13/01/2012
I've done the "buy one to use and the other to keep MIB" thing before with other toylines, but frankly, buying 2 of a Skylander is often pointless considering you can play with the toys while they're packaged.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:03 13/01/2012 by forcesofwill
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#42 Posted: 01:09:43 13/01/2012
We also buy one and keep a second set in package, as many others do. There's one more less-discussed purpose to it, though... You can play through the package and try both builds for a character without having to reset, or own a billion open toys. There are practical purposes for owning two, but since the shipments are so small as of yet, we plan to buy this particular packaged set after they're all widely available. I actually agree with you. It's fine to collect, but to the collectors: Give it a couple of weeks. They'll be everywhere before you know it, and well ahead of when the collection even starts to appreciate in value. Buy the set to play, and leave the duplicate for someone else to play. Let's not become the people we're all complaining about. If V and I see a second Empire of Ice tomorrow, we're just going to let it be, and hopefully someone else who's even more excited can have it instead of a spot on our wall. The collection can wait for now.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#43 Posted: 03:05:28 13/01/2012
I am not having a go at anyone but have to concur with a certain sentiment.

How is 1 open single, 1 MIB single and possibly 1 MIB 3-pack not enough?

You can play the MIB single and reset it to make it "new" at resale time.

Adventure packs could then also be limited to 2 - one open and one MIB.

That way there is more left on the shelf for someone else.

EDIT: I also respectfully ask why a fig cannot be shared between a parent and their children? My kids learn to share - we have a single fig between the 3 of us (soon 4 of us when another child is soon old enough to play). They learn to take turns of favourites and I try to be a good role model by letting them play with the figs even if I want to play with them.

Personally, I am sticking to just 1 open of each (not including variants which outside the context of this discussion). I can appreciate that the normal ones may look nice in a collectible sense when MIB but I honestly don't think that a mass produced toy has great long term collection value so am not "buying" in to the collectable aspect to that degree (viz a viz are the newer mass produced Star Wars figurines worth much compared to the original ones from near the beginning?)

Have I had duplicates? For short periods of time, yes.

Eruptor: Son got given one before game release and then I got one in a three pack as three pack was same price as two singles anyway. Used that Eruptor to sweeten deal when sold 3DS starter pack sans D/Spyro and Ignitor.

Drill Sargeant: I was sent 2 with my Starter Pack order and told to simply keep the spare. I swapped it straight away for Stealth Elf. In 20/20 hindsight I would have kept it to sell to someone else who needed one (regular price) but at the beginning I had no idea how scarce they would be.

Silver Eruptor: I managed to find one when I did not expect to and had already purchased one online. I resold it for a reasonable price.

If I cannot find D/Trouble in a single pack and have to pack the 3 pack, I will resell the others at a standard/shop price.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:07:15 13/01/2012 by chaosworrier
#44 Posted: 15:21:24 13/01/2012
Here's another point you may want to consider. My local Walmart has had four full pegs of wave two since Monday. To my knowledge it appears that the only Skylanders that have sold all week are the two double that I purchased on Wednesday. They still have four full pegs and some overflow on the shelf below. Now what's going to happen when they finally receive wave three since they have full pegs right now. I can tell you what will happen to wave three, nothing. They won't stock new Skylanders until they move some of the old ones and make some space. Walmart isn't the only store with this policy. If the old ones aren't moved the new one have no where to go and won't be put out until they do. So am I still supposed to leave them on the shelf since I already have my single figure and wait....I don't think so. Clearly my area is all set on wave two.
#45 Posted: 22:10:23 13/01/2012
I think you will find that the original context was in terms of new items not stagnant stock. For example, if someone had already purchased 4 Empire of Ice expansions, you start to consider how the children in that area are faring and if said collector could have waited until the stock demand had plateaued, like in your scenario.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#46 Posted: 22:17:25 13/01/2012
I didn't know it was im this context. With this context I agree that the collectors could slack a bit (with the new waves)
#47 Posted: 22:23:41 13/01/2012
The context of the situation was not originally stated. Just wait and enjoy what you do have. If anything it teaches kids to be patient, something many kids lack because of poor parenting.
#48 Posted: 22:49:45 13/01/2012
Now Poptimus, don't you think that sounds quite a bit... hypocritical given the context? I need to pick up multiples of wave 3 to have both paths AND one to hang on the wall. If the kiddies in the community don't get what they want (only 1 to actually play, nonetheless) then it's "a little patience will do 'em good." Really?
---
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#49 Posted: 22:52:50 13/01/2012
Quote: CopiousTurtle
I personally do find it wrong if said "collectors" buy multiples of each item when little Timmy is standing behind you crying. If no one is even looking at the figures at the time of your visit then I have no problem with it. Buying up multiple copies of one figure when there's only 3 there and 5 kids patiently waiting in line for you to move so they can pick one up is just wrong in my eyes.
This. ;______________;

I only get one for playing and collection purposes. I don't get multiple ones to make a "shrine" or anything silly. I can just put the ones up for show when I'm not playing with them. \:

Quote: Tigorus
Speaking for myself I am not collecting for monetary gain but because I am a collector. A Skylander costs less than 2 premium drinks from Starbucks. What I've mentally done is told myself "Do I really want to spend this money on fast/junk food or would I rather buy a Skylander?" Well I choose the Skylander.

I did the very same thing with a magizine.

magizine= $5 (tax)
Skylander = $8 (tax)

You can't interact with a magizine all that well... but a Skylander is a collectable toy that you use in a video game.

GUESS WHO WINS. TOTALLY WORTH IT. <3

skylanders is forever my love
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#50 Posted: 23:03:27 13/01/2012
My children are patient. However, I also teach my children to share and not be greedy.

Please refer to my earlier post on why each child "needs" their own copy of the fig.

Please remember that patience can go both ways - an adult collector who already has 1, maybe 2, of figs could also be patient and wait for others to get some figs before even more.

Is it illegal to buy many of each item? No. Is it good manners to hoard so much when others are left wanting? Not in my book; my kids would be reprimanded if they tried that.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me