Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Silver/Gold Skylanders - Sell or Keep? [CLOSED]
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#1 Posted: 22:54:51 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm not sure if there's already a topic like this. If you found and bought a rare silver/gold Skylander from a store, would you keep it or sell it on ebay?

As for me, it would depend on which Skylander it is. If it's one of my favourites such as one of the dragons, I would keep it for myself. If not, I would sell it.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 22:56:54 11/01/2012
I'd sell it. Reason? I'd get much more for it than I paid for it and (if I really cared to get the character themselves) I could buy them again with the money I made from selling it and possibly more figures.
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#3 Posted: 22:59:19 11/01/2012
I would open the box and play with them. If I were fortunate enough to find 2, then I would open one, and keep one.

I had a feeling the legendary figures would not be re-released and when I got my pack from ebay it was a debate for me. I was conflicted with what to do. When my kids saw them, it was all over. My kids opened the package and started playing with them.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#4 Posted: 23:01:18 11/01/2012
sell them for profit
#5 Posted: 23:02:40 11/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
I would open the box and play with them. If I were fortunate enough to find 2, then I would open one, and keep one.

I had a feeling the legendary figures would not be re-released and when I got my pack from ebay it was a debate for me. I was conflicted with what to do. When my kids saw them, it was all over. My kids opened the package and started playing with them.

You don't need to open the package to use them, that's the beauty of it. You could keep it for years, whilst still using it in game, and then sell it.
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#6 Posted: 23:04:00 11/01/2012
Quote: bionicle2809

You don't need to open the package to use them, that's the beauty of it. You could keep it for years, whilst still using it in game, and then sell it.

No, thats not playing with them. As I have said here before, my kids take the figures on adventures throughout my house. You cant play with something if it is still in the package.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#7 Posted: 23:06:08 11/01/2012
Quote: spyro assasin
sell them for profit

[User Posted Image]

TROLL ALERT!
#8 Posted: 23:06:52 11/01/2012
Quote: bionicle2809

No, thats not playing with them. As I have said here before, my kids take the figures on adventures throughout my house. You cant play with something if it is still in the package.

No, I mean you can play with them in game. Of course, if your kids wanted to actually play with them as toys then yeah; you've have to take them out of the package.
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#9 Posted: 23:18:18 11/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511
sell them for profit

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DFMk...320/troll+1.jpg

TROLL ALERT!

You are being a Troll yourself. Anyway I would probably sell them it worth money in the market and I could buy a normal one with the money and an adventure pack or something smilie
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
#10 Posted: 23:35:17 11/01/2012
Still NOT a troll! smilie
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#11 Posted: 23:36:11 11/01/2012
Nice you found a new picture and use it everywhere.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#12 Posted: 23:40:08 11/01/2012
I would keep them MIB (but still use them in game).

I never saw the Legendaries as going to be limited release and thought that they would become more commonplace? Hence I un-wrapped those suckers!

I did re-sell a silver Eruptor but that was because I already had one and found one when I did not expect to.

Translucents? It depends on how they are marketed. If they become a common place variant, then I may not keep them MIB.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#13 Posted: 23:41:05 11/01/2012
sell them for profit

[User Posted Image]

TROLL ALERT!

that is offensive yet halarious
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#14 Posted: 00:06:45 12/01/2012
I would keep them. If i got my hands on them it would be because I wanted them for my collection, not to sell for a profit. (because if i didnt want it i wouldnt have even grabbed it lol)
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#15 Posted: 00:34:13 12/01/2012
I'd sell it if it was a character I didn't like, but keep/open if it was one I did like.
I'm not that crazy for the 4 we know of that have silver/gold variants.

If it was clear? Keep!
---
#all Spyros are valid
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#16 Posted: 00:35:47 12/01/2012
i would definitely sell i really think both silver and gold variants look ugly imo
---
I Have: 37/37
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#17 Posted: 00:37:18 12/01/2012
I'd be much more interested in rare Skylanders if they had something like a Pearl gloss finish.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Taintie Green Sparx Gems: 132
#18 Posted: 04:14:24 12/01/2012
Honestly I might keep it for a while with the intention of selling it. I'm really only interested in variants that appear different in-game.

If I found one right now? I'd buy it to sell it. I need more money to set aside. smilie
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie]
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#19 Posted: 11:47:55 12/01/2012
I'd certainly sell it. Look at how much money you can get off of it on eBay (not like I'm going to raise the price so high, though)!
Besides, I'd rather have normal figures.
---
but i love it all smooth
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#20 Posted: 14:29:18 12/01/2012
I like them from a collectible standpoint. I probably wouldn't open it at all, although, I don't know what I'd do if I found one inside a 3 pack though.

Originally I was trying to get the characters that didn't have a silver counterpart so I could possibly find a silver and have that as the character but..that's not going to happen any time soon. haha
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#21 Posted: 15:30:09 12/01/2012
Quote: terranakari
I would keep them. If i got my hands on them it would be because I wanted them for my collection, not to sell for a profit. (because if i didnt want it i wouldnt have even grabbed it lol)

^----Adding to this----^

i would also open them and play with them
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#22 Posted: 17:02:32 12/01/2012
Sell it. I think the silvers/golds are ugly anyway, and they don't look it in game, so what's the point?
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#23 Posted: 18:43:59 12/01/2012
If you're not a collector, buy it and sell that baby. Helps fund the purchase of future figures that will actually get played with. If you're a collector, keep it (obviously).
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#24 Posted: 22:47:31 12/01/2012
I would keep them and watch their value grow. I like 20 years, it could be worth 800 bucks!
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#25 Posted: 22:52:41 12/01/2012
I would keep them and watch their value grow. I like 20 years, it could be worth 800 bucks!

That entirely depends on the circumstances, though. Value is relative to demand - it's unlikely that people will still be after these things in 20 years. It's not like people sell fossilised blades of grass for hundreds of dollars just because they're a little bit ancient. I say appreciate them now.

Or, sell them now. Odds are some true collector, such as many members of this forum (excluding myself) would be more than happy to part with cash up to the value of 10 or even 20 times that of the RRP of the figurine.

Just sayin' smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#26 Posted: 22:57:05 12/01/2012
Quote: Sequoia Spyro

That entirely depends on the circumstances, though. Value is relative to demand - it's unlikely that people will still be after these things in 20 years. It's not like people sell fossilised blades of grass for hundreds of dollars just because they're a little bit ancient. I say appreciate them now.

Or, sell them now. Odds are some true collector, such as many members of this forum (excluding myself) would be more than happy to part with cash up to the value of 10 or even 20 times that of the RRP of the figurine.

Just sayin' smilie

True dat. But you probably should keep them.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#27 Posted: 19:45:56 13/01/2012
Wait... there are GOLD Skylanders?
---
Bring the Fanta
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#28 Posted: 20:01:16 13/01/2012
Yeah, bro. Where've you been? The scalpers are nabbing them up and selling them for close to $200 on eBay. The only gold Champion that Activision's released is Chop Chop, which appears at about one per store. He starts at level 5 and has money to buy upgrades. He appeared at Best Buy this week.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#29 Posted: 09:37:53 15/01/2012
Well if it hasn't been released in UK then no wonder I never heard of it
---
Bring the Fanta
eruptor1999 Green Sparx Gems: 219
#30 Posted: 16:22:05 15/01/2012
sell silver keep gold simples
CopiousTurtle Green Sparx Gems: 240
#31 Posted: 16:36:49 15/01/2012
I'd sell silver or golds. The only thing I care about is completing my collection of all 32 Skylanders. Legendaries would be nice because of the improved stats in game, so I would keep those for the two paths (two Spyros, Chop Chops or Bashes for example). I would use the money from the Gold / Silvers to fund the ridiculous cost of individual Skylanders we can't find anymore (30 bucks for a Stealth Elf or Dino-rang?!).

I guess the bottom line for me is, I don't care about collecting for the purpose of the MIB collection. I want to complete the collection to have all available characters to play. I'm more of a gamer than a collector.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
catalyst_0o0 Red Sparx Gems: 12
#32 Posted: 21:38:23 16/01/2012
I'm new here, Found a gold Chop Chop in Bestbuy last week and my goal is to actually sell it. I love the game but in all honesty I'd rather make a profit by selling it then I don't feel so bad about spending my money to buy more of them.

So far I have one (in some cases 2) of each element, so I still have a ways to go... If anyone is interested:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006YDFM5K

or

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/tag/2802883556.html
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#33 Posted: 22:33:29 16/01/2012
TROLL NATIONAL ANTHEM! smilie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfVdrtLcRs
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me