Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Unbelievable - Gold Chop Chop on eBay [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#51 Posted: 22:49:19 11/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
Quote: GameMaster78
PFFT! You wish you had my little boy's cave. smilie

52 inch Samsung 1080p, 120hz, Denon AVR-591, mini-fridge, awesome game-related figures, epic Skylanders collection, and 1300+ video games -

http://s15.photobucket.com/alb...!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Don't hate... appreciate. smilie

Actually, no I don't. I rather like my 55" mitsu, Onkyo (far better japanese receiver) and Infinity speakers. But enough of the epeen comparison. Anyone who has kids toys stapled to the wall cannot seriously call it a man cave. I call on "40 year old virgin" as exhibit A.

I have an Onkyo in my living room. They are rather good. That one, unlike my Denon, is capable of 5.1 and 7.1 DTS ES and DD-EX. I have Boston Acoustics in my mancave and Aiwa's in my living room in terms of speakers.

EDIT: Jap28, that's how my collection got big. I stopped trading in games back in like 2000, when my step-dad said this "David, you're a ******* retard (his words not mine I don't condone that word) for buying games for 50-60 bucks and getting rid of them for 20." I stopped that day, lol.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:51:39 11/01/2012 by GameMaster78
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#52 Posted: 23:21:43 11/01/2012
I got a Pearl coated Gundam model kit for a mere €50.

Not-Really-Gold Chop Chop is going for over $300.

@_@
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
YaggleberryFinn Green Sparx Gems: 284
#53 Posted: 23:32:06 11/01/2012
Quote: terranakari
Lol so true. I hope those scalpers feel like crap, the ppl who made all this is making fun of them.

Why would the scalper feel bad? He just made over $100 profit! That's a pretty sweet deal for being in the right place at the right time.

What's with all the eBay hate around here? I really don't get it. An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If I saw a silver or gold Skylander, I would buy it and flip it in a heartbeat. I'm more than happy to let someone else fund the rest of my Skylanders collection.

If it wasn't for eBay, I still wouldn't have a Whirlwind or an Ignitor. It was worth it to me to pay eBay prices for them.

I came across a World of Warcraft loot card once upon a time and sold it on eBay for $100. Never played the game, wasn't worth a dime to me, but somebody else really wanted it, and it helped fund the hobby that I was into.
---
Check out my new blog: Skylanders Armory!
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#54 Posted: 23:38:31 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: YaggleberryFinn
Quote: terranakari
Lol so true. I hope those scalpers feel like crap, the ppl who made all this is making fun of them.

Why would the scalper feel bad? He just made over $100 profit! That's a pretty sweet deal for being in the right place at the right time.

What's with all the eBay hate around here? I really don't get it. An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If I saw a silver or gold Skylander, I would buy it and flip it in a heartbeat. I'm more than happy to let someone else fund the rest of my Skylanders collection.

If it wasn't for eBay, I still wouldn't have a Whirlwind or an Ignitor. It was worth it to me to pay eBay prices for them.

I came across a World of Warcraft loot card once upon a time and sold it on eBay for $100. Never played the game, wasn't worth a dime to me, but somebody else really wanted it, and it helped fund the hobby that I was into.

Yeah, I don't understand why people are hating against eBay.
dantilly Blue Sparx Gems: 778
#55 Posted: 00:14:23 12/01/2012
Gamemaster, I don't post on here 24/7 but just thought I'd throw it out there that your man-cave is amazing. I dunno if the other guy is jealous or what (saying skylanders is kiddie when he himself is posting on a skylanders fan message board) but that collection is just staggering.

Wish I had that kind of money or that amount of room! But if I did, my room would look exactly like yours smilie Some of us appreciate the inner-child it doesn't need to all be about booze, boobs, and violence which we are overfed everyday anyway.

And I know I'm not 40 but I am 24.
---
Wreck-N-Roll!!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#56 Posted: 00:17:06 12/01/2012
Quote: dantilly
Gamemaster, I don't post on here 24/7 but just thought I'd throw it out there that your man-cave is amazing. I dunno if the other guy is jealous or what (saying skylanders is kiddie when he himself is posting on a skylanders fan message board) but that collection is just staggering.

Wish I had that kind of money or that amount of room! But if I did, my room would look exactly like yours smilie Some of us appreciate the inner-child it doesn't need to all be about booze, boobs, and violence which we are overfed everyday anyway.

Um....none of that stuff really happens in my life?
ARE YOU A GANGSTER?
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#57 Posted: 00:24:18 12/01/2012
i dont hate ebay, i love ebay, and i dont hate the prices theyre asking, i've boughten ridiculous priced items on there before, and i plan on buying the $130 buy it now legendary triple pack as soon as i can afford too because i want it so bad and cant get my hands on it otherwise. I hate that they're going into stores and whiping them clean so WE cant get any, or any of our/the kids, expecting us to buy from them online for quadruple the price!

One of the other members on this forum went to target or someplace and tried to get one and all they had were 2 stump smashes and when they were going to the check out an older man had an entire cart full of skylanders. like 7 whirlwinds and double troubles, etc. and he wouldnt give any to them, and said hed gladly give one of them AFTER he buys them as long as they give him $25 for it. its stupid and ricidulous and immature D= not to mention a bad example for the kids....

thats my personal reason why. If they took one or two off the shelves to sell for ridiculous prices, thats one thing, but they take them ALL. basically forcing us to buy them online for their ridiculous prices cuz we cant get them otherwise...
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#58 Posted: 00:25:09 12/01/2012
Umm, man cave aside, can we please stick the topic at hand?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#59 Posted: 00:30:57 12/01/2012
Quote: dantilly

I may take some pics soon for everyone to see. I know the video was probably pretty dark. It's a lot better when lit up. I like elegant lighting though.

Thanks for the compliment. Monsi just sippin' the hatorade. smilie
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#60 Posted: 00:41:17 12/01/2012
Going back a step, I think I would keep the gold one/s (if/when I ever get them) unused to maintain Lvl5 and orig money.

The silvers I used MIB as the alternate path figs as I can always reset them but the gold I cannot reset back to lvl 5, I presume.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
catalyst_0o0 Red Sparx Gems: 12
#61 Posted: 21:41:07 16/01/2012
I'm not a collector so for me I have more interest in buying more skylanders to upgrade and play with than keeping one in a box to look at. In all I'd rather have the normal colored one as well as the others I am missing and with the pricing on Amazon I doubt I'd ever pay more than 7.99 for any of them, as is what I paid for the gold.

If anyone is interested in buying it from me I'd gladly lower the price to swap for the skylanders I do not already own.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/tag/2802883556.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006YDFM5K
DarkSpyro12345 Green Sparx Gems: 148
#62 Posted: 03:45:51 17/01/2012
What's the point of wasting like $350.00 when you can just paint your own skylanders gold?
---
Got: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Want: smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#63 Posted: 01:18:39 18/01/2012
Isnt someone from Knoxville on this board? I thought I saw that somewhere. If so, their day is about to go to pot....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140684...9#ht_500wt_1288
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#64 Posted: 02:38:29 20/01/2012
If only i was home at the time.......Damnit!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250976...9#ht_500wt_1288
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
YaggleberryFinn Green Sparx Gems: 284
#65 Posted: 03:52:50 24/01/2012
Quote: YaggleberryFinn
If I saw a silver or gold Skylander, I would buy it and flip it in a heartbeat. I'm more than happy to let someone else fund the rest of my Skylanders collection.

When I wrote that, I sure never thought I'd get the chance to prove my point! =D
---
Check out my new blog: Skylanders Armory!
Tramz Red Sparx Gems: 42
#66 Posted: 04:03:18 24/01/2012
There is addicted (as we all are) and then there is a stupid waste of money. The thing is over $170? Though I guess ultimately, it's value can only be determined by the owner. All I can say for sure is, even if that was REAL gold coating him, I wouldn't pay $170.
---
M: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] T: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] U: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] L: [smiliesmilie] F: [smiliesmilie] E: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] A: [smiliesmilie] W: [smiliesmiliesmilie]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:03:59 24/01/2012 by Tramz
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#67 Posted: 04:12:09 24/01/2012
I do.

Here, let me explain.

Something like gold Chop Chop, is one to every 20 boxes... At least, I assume that based on silver Skylanders being 1 to every 20 boxes. It could be 1 to every 100 boxes. HELL, there could only be 500 in the world. How about 2?

See, the thing with variants, is THAT'S what the scalpers should be going after. Little Timmy doesn't care about gold Chop Chop. Little Timmy wants to play as Cynder, Double Trouble, Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant, Slam Bam. THAT'S what scalpers shouldn't be doing. Snatching up EVERY... SINGLE... ONE, to sell at a price like gold Chop Chop.

So, if you're tracking like a VCR, I only bought that, because who knows how many are in the world. TRUE collectors items are worth paying pathetic scalpers for. It's a true collectors item.

However, for scalpers to rob the stores blind of characters that kids will actually play as, that's just wrong.

If I were a coupon person, I wouldn't clean a store dry of all stock. I would leave some for others to buy. Why should I rob a store blind of one particular thing, when others are looking for or need the same thing?

Like I said, gold Chop Chop = worth the 127 bucks. You won't catch me funding a scalper, by buying Cynder, Double Trouble, etc...

EDIT: Oh, and Monsi. I have a 52 inch Samsung 1080p, 120hz HDTV in this man cave. I watch all of my Oklahoma City Thunder games on it, despite the fact I have a 60 inch Sharp Aquos 1080p, 120hz HDTV in the living room. I also have a mini-fridge in here. It used to have an autobot magnet on it, but I had to remove it.

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention, Monsi, that I also have a Denon AVR-591 surround system in my man cave, capable of Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio. I mean, I have a surround system in my living room, too, but I always try and flock to the man cave.

You inspire me to improve mah Cave.
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#68 Posted: 04:36:23 24/01/2012
I can't remember who told me, honestly.

I venture to guess gold Chop Chop is even more rare.

Obviously no other gold has shown up, like a gold Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant, Flameslinger, Double Trouble or Cynder. *knocks on wood*

Actually, there are a few Gold Flameslingers on ebay.ca, and there's this listing for a Gold FlameSlinger AND a gold Drill Sergeant.http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-GOLD-...=item20c19af6c0

Why they require $50.00 for shipping is beyond me. What, are they going to pack it in the ark of the covenant or something? Geez.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:40:58 24/01/2012 by DinoHex
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#69 Posted: 06:13:30 24/01/2012
^ bubble wrap is extremely expensive you know!!!!! haha
That is crazy!!!!!!!!!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
#70 Posted: 09:58:16 24/01/2012
I have decided to sell my 3 gold MIB figs now.

I paid a lot for each but have decided to sell them at retail cost.

So, $30 for all three but shipping is $3000. I can even justify that cost with documentation as I have to hand deliver them so need to pay for flights from Oz to NY to collect them as they have not been sent to me yet (as they were purchased so recently) and then from NY to the buyer. Of course, accomodation is also a factor in the equation.

Any takers?

And, no, Monsinour just because they will have already been delivered to you, does not mean you get to buy them for $30 flat without my personal delivery. smilie
---
Soylent Green is People!
#71 Posted: 14:34:40 24/01/2012
Yea I can. They would be in my house. I would not need you to come to hand them over.

Besides, If I found cheaper air fare, I would be all over it. LOL
---
My kids own :
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me