Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Unbelievable - Gold Chop Chop on eBay [CLOSED]
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#1 Posted: 19:13:26 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item4ab2d65031

Now, I know these will go for more than the silver characters, but come on. I don't think this seller will actually get this price. Do you?
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#2 Posted: 19:15:04 11/01/2012
Capitalism at its best, and worst.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#3 Posted: 19:16:59 11/01/2012
someone is prob. going to buy it =/ or look for themselves, but those prices are "right" for those evil ebay scalpers.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
#4 Posted: 19:17:51 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I know it'll be worth money, but I was thinking $200 at most.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#5 Posted: 19:19:23 11/01/2012
Another went for $127.50 and a third had a Buy Now of $150.

Someone might be stupid enough to buy it at that price, but I doubt it. He listed it at that price as I don't think he had any idea and was trying to gouge.

He even mentioned that is might be unique? Bish Bosh! I even sent him a quick message detailing how much prior ones sold for and that there is documented proof of 2-3 others aleady.

EDIT: Ha! Greedy SOB adjusted to min price of $150 and Buy Now of $350.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:22:26 11/01/2012 by chaosworrier
#6 Posted: 19:21:51 11/01/2012
I would personally never spend that much..... i dont like these new "recolors" they've got going on, its silly to be honest. Even if I saw a silver/gold one in my local stores for $8, i'd never buy it, just because I already have the Legit colored ones and theres absolutely no difference. I guess crazy collectors would try to get them to have them "all", but still, i personally dont have the money for it lol. Its just paint for godsake smilie

*thinks for a min*

Well the collector in me one day might buy all the silvers and all the golds and all the "transparent colored" ones, but maybe when they're RLY cheap. The golden chopchop does look good though. But yea.... wont buy it right now. I cant help but feel that Activision is only making the recolors to try and get more money out of us collectors lol. xD well played Activision....well played.
---

#7 Posted: 19:22:01 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: chaosworrier
Another went for $127.50 and a third had a Buy Now of $150.

Someone might be stupid enough to buy it at that price, but I doubt it. He listed it at that price as I don't think he had any idea and was trying to gouge.

He even mentioned that is might be unique? Bish Bosh! I even sent him a quick message detailing how much prior ones sold for and that there is documented proof of 2-3 others aleady.

Wait, two other gold Chop Chop's sold? I don't see them listed on eBay.
#8 Posted: 19:26:27 11/01/2012
Quote: terranakari
Well the collector in me one day might buy all the silvers and all the golds and all the "transparent colored" ones, but maybe when they're RLY cheap. The golden chopchop does look good though. But yea.... wont buy it right now. I cant help but feel that Activision is only making the recolors to try and get more money out of us collectors lol. xD well played Activision....well played.

I grok that it builds up hype but they do not make extra profit themself for that fig.

I don't get why they don't just make a small batch and charge more for them rather than this "random" thing. After all, it is not a trading card in a sealed, opaque pack so there is no element of suprise when you open the pack.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
crabcakes41o Green Sparx Gems: 155
#9 Posted: 19:29:12 11/01/2012
Ugh. Why do I want this?

I hope to see one in store, I wont pay more then 10$.

Then I'll open it up, and play it. Not sell it on Ebay.
#10 Posted: 19:30:27 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I also want the gold Skylanders. I JUST completed the silver Skylanders set, and now this. The most I'll pay for a gold Chop Chop is $40.
#11 Posted: 19:37:06 11/01/2012
Quote: crabcakes41o
Ugh. Why do I want this?

I hope to see one in store, I wont pay more then 10$.

Then I'll open it up, and play it. Not sell it on Ebay.

^- this! very much this!! I wish I could "like" this lol xD
---

kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#12 Posted: 19:40:36 11/01/2012
i am a bit disappointed with the evilbay scalper, i expected at least a minimum starting price at $200 and a buy now for $450....
DarkSpyro12345 Green Sparx Gems: 148
#13 Posted: 20:27:40 11/01/2012
That is probably fake. Why would someone sell it on Ebay? They probably just painted it gold
---
Got: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Want: smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#14 Posted: 20:31:54 11/01/2012
Quote: DarkSpyro12345
That is probably fake. Why would someone sell it on Ebay? They probably just painted it gold

Because some people do not care about these and just want to make money? Not the whole world do care about Skylanders smilie
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#15 Posted: 20:33:51 11/01/2012
LMAO it's not like the figure is any different in the game. What a complete waste of money.
#16 Posted: 20:45:10 11/01/2012
It's called collecting...
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#17 Posted: 20:57:37 11/01/2012
Quote: budkin
LMAO it's not like the figure is any different in the game. What a complete waste of money.

it got higher beginner stats... so easier to level up... but dont help much regarding gameplay....
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#18 Posted: 20:58:12 11/01/2012
Honestly, that's probably a common price. The figures in any line that are hard to find or otherwise deemed rare are exceptional fodder for people selling on ebay.

Not only that, but Skylanders are something that EVERYONE wants so they've driven it up even more.

Will they sell it? Unlikely. I don't think even a collector would dish out that much. Max I would probably pay for either a Silver or Gold would be about $50.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Taintie Green Sparx Gems: 132
#19 Posted: 21:00:26 11/01/2012
The biggest mistake people run into is cranking the price up so high. Yes, it's extremely rare, but in the end you get so many more biters if the starting bid is pretty much you making your money back. With an item like this, the bidders will jack it up all on their own.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie]
#20 Posted: 21:03:17 11/01/2012
I would have bid on the most recent one which sold ($127.50) but did not have time to convince the seller to ship to Oz or at least open the auction so that I could bid and then get it forwarded to me.
---
Soylent Green is People!
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#21 Posted: 21:07:17 11/01/2012
$149.99 for a starting price.
$324.99 for buy it now.
BWHAHAHAHA
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:15:35 11/01/2012 by LevanJess
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#22 Posted: 21:07:54 11/01/2012
I am the one who bought the 127 dollar one.

I never do anything like this, unless I know for sure - deep down - that it will be worth it.

The gold Chop-Chop is actually different than any other Skylander. Each gold Chop Chop is already level 5, and carries with it, a ton of money to buy his upgrades.

However, I don't plan on playing with it. It will just chill with my 3 silvers. So now I own 3 silvers and 1 gold.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#23 Posted: 21:12:12 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: GameMaster78
I am the one who bought the 127 dollar one.

I never do anything like this, unless I know for sure - deep down - that it will be worth it.

The gold Chop-Chop is actually different than any other Skylander. Each gold Chop Chop is already level 5, and carries with it, a ton of money to buy his upgrades.

However, I don't plan on playing with it. It will just chill with my 3 silvers. So now I own 3 silvers and 1 gold.

Do you have a link to the 127 dollar Chop Chop? I hope they make other gold characters.
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#24 Posted: 21:15:56 11/01/2012
^pics or it didnt happen

edit : let me fix that just a bit. Photographic proof that you are the buyer of the ebay auction. Not that I dont believe you, but I dont believe you.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:17:02 11/01/2012 by Monsinour
#25 Posted: 21:18:08 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I believe he won the auction, but I just can't find it on ebay.
#26 Posted: 21:18:12 11/01/2012
Do the silver ones have anything special about them? And do the stickers show them as gold/silver or no?
---

#27 Posted: 21:20:16 11/01/2012
That is probably fake. They probably just painted it gold

No, the gold Skylanders are legit.
Activision themselves confirmed this.
---
but i love it all smooth
#28 Posted: 21:20:27 11/01/2012
This is what you look up.

Skylander (don't put in an S) gold, or Skylander gold chop chop. Then after the listing pulls up, showing the only other gold chop chop, look on the left and click completed listings.

It was 132.50 after shipping.

I have no reason to lie, and you guys know how crazy I am about this game and my collection. However, I won't be caught dead paying anything over 20 for Cynder and Double Trouble... Hell, I can just wait 2 weeks and have 4 of each.
---
#29 Posted: 21:22:29 11/01/2012
Quote: LevanJess

Exactly. Nat Loh, senior designer at Toys for Bob is currently making fun of someone who listed gold Chop Chop on Ebay at a starting price of 149 bucks. His words, "Starting bid: $149? Geez, it's not made of REAL gold."
---
#30 Posted: 21:23:56 11/01/2012
Oh, and you can bet that at 127 bucks, I am going to drive pictures of my gold Chop Chop down your throats. smilie I may sleep with it. I may take it out to a nice dinner.

127 bucks, I'm going to get more out of it than just hanging on my wall. Wedding, perhaps?
---
#31 Posted: 21:25:46 11/01/2012
I can understand that statement, the whole "it's not made of real gold" thing. xP

I also lol'd at the wedding part
---
but i love it all smooth
#32 Posted: 21:28:20 11/01/2012
Tripple posts...
#33 Posted: 21:29:27 11/01/2012
You got it all wrong, Reimu. You should have responded with C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!
---
#34 Posted: 21:30:22 11/01/2012
Use the edit button.
Posting several times in a row back to back is pointless, disruptive and a waste of space. Use the Edit button below your posts in order to ammend your previous post with what you would have posted, the topic is still marked as having new content.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER. Thanks.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#35 Posted: 21:30:26 11/01/2012
Use the edit button, GameMaster..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#36 Posted: 21:30:33 11/01/2012
This is what you look up.

Skylander (don't put in an S) gold, or Skylander gold chop chop. Then after the listing pulls up, showing the only other gold chop chop, look on the left and click completed listings.

It was 132.50 after shipping.

I have no reason to lie, and you guys know how crazy I am about this game and my collection. However, I won't be caught dead paying anything over 20 for Cynder and Double Trouble... Hell, I can just wait 2 weeks and have 4 of each.

I know you have no reason to lie. However, I still call shenanigans until you post photographic proof that you won the auction. Until then, I will not believe it period. And no, waiting a day or 2 until it shows up in your store, running out and getting it, then posting pics of that one will not count. Post photographic proof that you won that auction. I have the auction saved in my watch list so no need for that. Pull up the auction as yourself logged into ebay and take a picture of the bid history where we can see your name at the top of the list without the asterisks.

edit : on a lighter note. The one that is currently selling, I emailed the seller. i told him that you can tell it is not one of a kind from all the other auctions on ebay. He responded with, "thanks for your comment." What happened to posting questions right on the auction like ebay used to do? Too many aholes like me posting bad comments probably?
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:35:44 11/01/2012 by Monsinour
#37 Posted: 21:38:30 11/01/2012
Well, I am always about my security, so why would I post it? I was hesitant to even state that I was the one who won it. I'm always afraid some nosebleeder is going to try and hack me.

Wait, I have an idea. Give me a minute.

EDIT: I will do better than pics. I will post a video. People have commented on my man cave before, but have never seen it all. Now they will.

http://s15.photobucket.com/alb...nt=P1110355.mp4
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:46:08 11/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#38 Posted: 21:52:07 11/01/2012
Well, I am always about my security, so why would I post it? I was hesitant to even state that I was the one who won it. I'm always afraid some nosebleeder is going to try and hack me.

EDIT: I will do better than pics. I will post a video. People have commented on my man cave before, but have never seen it all. Now they will.

http://s15.photobucket.com/alb...nt=P1110355.mp4

Not quite what I asked for........

So if it is you who won it, then why on earth are you a walking contradiction? You claim to hate the people who sell these things for outrageous prices and claim to do what you can to help others by getting these things and sending them out to others, yet here you are supporting the people you "hate" by over paying for an item on ebay? What is the deal here? Its not ok for people to do this so long as its not you who benefits? Its ok when you are the one benefitting from this and not ok when others benefit? So confused on where you stand with all this.

BTW, that is sooo not a man cave. That is a little boy's cave. Where is the keg? Where is the recliner? Where is the big screen tv?
---
My kids own :
#39 Posted: 21:56:26 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Monsinour

http://s15.photobucket.com/alb...¤t=P1110355.mp4

So if it is you who won it, then why on earth are you a walking contradiction? You claim to hate the people who sell these things for outrageous prices and claim to do what you can to help others by getting these things and sending them out to others, yet here you are supporting the people you "hate" by over paying for an item on ebay? What is the deal here? Its not ok for people to do this so long as its not you who benefits? Its ok when you are the one benefitting from this and not ok when others benefit? So confused on where you stand with all this.

BTW, that is sooo not a man cave. That is a little boy's cave. Where is the keg? Where is the recliner? Where is the big screen tv?

The silver / gold Skylanders are exceptions. They are very rare and most of us won't find them in stores. The others we'll probably be able to find, but they don't make many of these.
#40 Posted: 21:58:54 11/01/2012
Quote: P1anet Fun
Quote: Monsinour

http://s15.photobucket.com/alb...¤t=P1110355.mp4

The silver / gold Skylanders are exceptions. They are very rare and most of us won't find them in stores. The others we'll probably be able to find, but they don't make many of these.

Missing the point about being hypocritical. If you only have scruples when it suits you, then you have no scruples at all.
---
My kids own :
#41 Posted: 21:59:46 11/01/2012
I do.

Here, let me explain.

Something like gold Chop Chop, is one to every 20 boxes... At least, I assume that based on silver Skylanders being 1 to every 20 boxes. It could be 1 to every 100 boxes. HELL, there could only be 500 in the world. How about 2?

See, the thing with variants, is THAT'S what the scalpers should be going after. Little Timmy doesn't care about gold Chop Chop. Little Timmy wants to play as Cynder, Double Trouble, Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant, Slam Bam. THAT'S what scalpers shouldn't be doing. Snatching up EVERY... SINGLE... ONE, to sell at a price like gold Chop Chop.

So, if you're tracking like a VCR, I only bought that, because who knows how many are in the world. TRUE collectors items are worth paying pathetic scalpers for. It's a true collectors item.

However, for scalpers to rob the stores blind of characters that kids will actually play as, that's just wrong.

If I were a coupon person, I wouldn't clean a store dry of all stock. I would leave some for others to buy. Why should I rob a store blind of one particular thing, when others are looking for or need the same thing?

Like I said, gold Chop Chop = worth the 127 bucks. You won't catch me funding a scalper, by buying Cynder, Double Trouble, etc...

EDIT: Oh, and Monsi. I have a 52 inch Samsung 1080p, 120hz HDTV in this man cave. I watch all of my Oklahoma City Thunder games on it, despite the fact I have a 60 inch Sharp Aquos 1080p, 120hz HDTV in the living room. I also have a mini-fridge in here. It used to have an autobot magnet on it, but I had to remove it.

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention, Monsi, that I also have a Denon AVR-591 surround system in my man cave, capable of Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio. I mean, I have a surround system in my living room, too, but I always try and flock to the man cave.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:05:31 11/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#42 Posted: 22:11:10 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
How do you know silver Skylanders are 1 in every 20 boxes?
#43 Posted: 22:16:16 11/01/2012
I can't remember who told me, honestly.

I venture to guess gold Chop Chop is even more rare.

Obviously no other gold has shown up, like a gold Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant, Flameslinger, Double Trouble or Cynder. *knocks on wood*
---
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#44 Posted: 22:26:21 11/01/2012
Quote: LevanJess

Exactly. Nat Loh, senior designer at Toys for Bob is currently making fun of someone who listed gold Chop Chop on Ebay at a starting price of 149 bucks. His words, "Starting bid: $149? Geez, it's not made of REAL gold."

^ I LOL'd
#45 Posted: 22:28:03 11/01/2012
I stand by my "scruples when it suits you is no scruples at all" statement.

Its still a little boy's cave.
---
My kids own :
#46 Posted: 22:30:31 11/01/2012
Lol so true. I hope those scalpers feel like crap, the ppl who made all this is making fun of them.
---

#47 Posted: 22:31:07 11/01/2012
PFFT! You wish you had my little boy's cave. smilie

52 inch Samsung 1080p, 120hz, Denon AVR-591, mini-fridge, awesome game-related figures, epic Skylanders collection, and 1300+ video games -

http://s15.photobucket.com/alb...!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Don't hate... appreciate. smilie
---
#48 Posted: 22:38:05 11/01/2012

52 inch Samsung 1080p, 120hz, Denon AVR-591, mini-fridge, awesome game-related figures, epic Skylanders collection, and 1300+ video games -

Actually, no I don't. I rather like my 55" mitsu, Onkyo (far better japanese receiver) and Infinity speakers. But enough of the epeen comparison. Anyone who has kids toys stapled to the wall cannot seriously call it a man cave. I call on "40 year old virgin" as exhibit A.
---
My kids own :
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#49 Posted: 22:41:19 11/01/2012

^Dang! But you wish you had my Nerd's Meditation Room! (My regular room but with a cooler name)

A futon, a Mini Fridge fully stocked with snacks, a 45 inch LG flatscreen, 40 Unboxed rare action figs (Including Silver Dino Rang and Boomer, a Prism Break and soon..... A GOLDEN CHOP CHOP! Got it from my friend for A sealed Drill Seargent and Whirlwind), over 200 comic books, a Wii, an awesome Skylanders station, and my *light up* shrine to the green lantern including *drum roll*......... A MINT SILVER AGE GREEN LANTERN #1 PASSED DOWN THROUGH THE FAMILY!!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:42:22 11/01/2012 by greenlantern511
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#50 Posted: 22:41:40 11/01/2012
I think some people are just jealous!
I wish I would have kept all my games, systems over the years....would have been a big collection like yours too. Well maybe not that big! haha
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me