Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
UK stores back in (limited) stock [CLOSED]
Wynne1975 Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#1 Posted: 14:39:03 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Gamestation and Game in the UK are back in stock of some Skylanders today. When I rang they had Wrecking Ball, Hex, Boomer, Zap, Dino Rang all in stock. No triple packs, no adventure packs and definitely no wave 3 figures yet.

Reserved me a Wrecking Ball as we have all the others.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#2 Posted: 14:57:29 11/01/2012
If possible it is better to pop into your local Game or Gamestation for figures. This morning I got an email (at 5.10am) to inform me that Eruptor and Flameslinger were in stock. When I woke up, got the message and logged in at 7.30am, Eruptor had sold out and while I was adding my credit card details Flameslinger had sold out. I happened to be in my nearest Gamestation (Eltam) today and they just got in a delivery of the figures the poster above mentioned.

I'm also hunting down the Legendary Triple pack that is constantly sold on on the Toys R Us site. I rang my local store (Old Kent Road) and they said they were getting in Skylanders on Friday but were unsure of the Legendary figures.

If anyone lives in the UK or Ireland and wants to I can do pick ups (stock dependant) and post them out, don't mind doing that at all.
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#3 Posted: 16:58:09 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
The toys r us I spoke to said that they have stock but aren't allowed to open it until Friday. The reason for this is because of a newspaper ad going in the Daily Mail on the same day. He couldn't tell me what figures were in there as he's been instructed not to open the boxes.

Spoke to staff at Gamestation and they were under no such instructions but maybe they have different delivery arrangements to toys r us. Gamestation get deliveries every day, maybe toys r us only get them once a week and have been sent new or exclusive figures early?

The reason for the cloak and dagger is either the wave 3 launch, figures exclusive to toys r us, or a promotion of some kind. But seeing as Skylanders are in such high demand, there's no need for a promotion to drive sales, so it has to be one of the 1st two.
#4 Posted: 17:19:05 11/01/2012
I do think that some TRU stores have been getting Skylanders every second day. I've been keeping an eye on TRU's website for the Legendary figure for the last two weeks. They had Legendary figures in the online store once, in Collier's Wood most days, Swansea every time Collier's Wood is sold out and once in Enfield. I have only been using my SE12 postcode though. We'll see what happens on Friday then...
---
#5 Posted: 18:56:23 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
How much are Legendary figures?
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#6 Posted: 19:04:09 11/01/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
I do think that some TRU stores have been getting Skylanders every second day. I've been keeping an eye on TRU's website for the Legendary figure for the last two weeks. They had Legendary figures in the online store once, in Collier's Wood most days, Swansea every time Collier's Wood is sold out and once in Enfield. I have only been using my SE12 postcode though. We'll see what happens on Friday then...

It depends, if you find them in stores(which you can't btw, i think they're discontinued now) they're $20, same price as normal triple packs/adventure packs. If you buy them online at LEAST $100+. When I get my taxes back soon I plan on buying myself this triple pack to get it done and over with before the prices continue to skyrocket, or there are none left lol.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
#7 Posted: 19:22:13 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
If possible it is better to pop into your local Game or Gamestation for figures. This morning I got an email (at 5.10am) to inform me that Eruptor and Flameslinger were in stock. When I woke up, got the message and logged in at 7.30am, Eruptor had sold out and while I was adding my credit card details Flameslinger had sold out. I happened to be in my nearest Gamestation (Eltam) today and they just got in a delivery of the figures the poster above mentioned.

I'm also hunting down the Legendary Triple pack that is constantly sold on on the Toys R Us site. I rang my local store (Old Kent Road) and they said they were getting in Skylanders on Friday but were unsure of the Legendary figures.

If anyone lives in the UK or Ireland and wants to I can do pick ups (stock dependant) and post them out, don't mind doing that at all.

Who emailed you, Gamestation or TRU?
#8 Posted: 19:25:40 11/01/2012
It was Game that emailed me today. Fun fact: Game and Gamestation are owned by the same company (GAME Group stores).
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#9 Posted: 22:49:29 11/01/2012
I hope the Skylanders are restocked in the Derby Game/Gamestation stores. I'm going there tomorrow to have a look.
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#10 Posted: 01:51:56 12/01/2012
I noticed that my local GAME had restocked on Skylanders today, despite having ordered the Eruptor, Chop Chop and Bash triple pack from Italy for £30 due to limited availability smilie but they only had Eruptor of those three anyway. Half of them were gone within 2 hours of me being there.

I also called up Toys 'R' Us (Exeter) and they confirmed the same as above - they have stock and are not allowed to release until Friday. I shall, however, be calling late Thursday evening to see if they've got the stock ready to go on the shelves, so I know what sort of figurines they have. Exciting!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#11 Posted: 08:57:57 12/01/2012
Sequoia, you literally live an hour away from me by train. I didn't know Exeter had a Toys 'R' Us! Have you also tried checking the HMV in Exeter? They had quite a selection last time I went.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#12 Posted: 09:54:09 12/01/2012
@Sunny Castanets: Ahah, fancy that smilie

Yeah, HMV have nothing. They took down their display just before Christmas and I haven't seen anything since. Did a thorough search yesterday - GAME and Gamestation had to have theirs sent in from other stores to restock.

And yeah, there's a Toys 'R' Us by the Sowton park-and-ride car park. You can get a bus from the town centre there smilie s'where I got my legendary triple-pack back in October/November/whichever it was.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#13 Posted: 11:13:59 12/01/2012
just confirming what others have already said.

i've phoned several TRU stores this morning and they all have more stock (though they didn't say what) and will be on the shelves tomorrow (Friday)
#14 Posted: 11:30:00 12/01/2012
TRU party/meet up tomorrow anyone? smilie
---
#15 Posted: 11:37:02 12/01/2012
Unfortunately I'm working tomorrow :/ I'm going to my store around 7PM tonight in hopes that they put the stock out the night before but I'm doubtful.

If not I'll have to rush to catch a bus after work. Guh.
---
#16 Posted: 11:45:14 12/01/2012
Sequoia if you want I could have a look for any particular figure you are looking for and arrange pick up/postage to you if that helps. I'm not out to make a profit or anything
---
#17 Posted: 11:50:52 12/01/2012
Sequoia if you want I could have a look for any particular figure you are looking for and arrange pick up/postage to you if that helps. I'm not out to make a profit or anything

That's cool, I'll just see how I go for now smilie at the very least my TRU should be able to tell me what's in the boxes this evening if they can't sell me anything xD

Where are you based?
---
#18 Posted: 11:56:58 12/01/2012
I'm out between Lewisham and Eltam, smack-bang in the center of the two. I live near three train stations so getting into London isn't a problem for me (no clue if that's any good for you). Also if it's near you I'll be going to a TCG club out in Bexleyheath tomorrow if that helps for pick ups.
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#19 Posted: 16:52:13 12/01/2012
I went to Game today and there was only one triple pack on the shelf which was of Hex, Dino-Rang and Zap. When I came back to that shop a few minutes later, I saw that it had been bought. :/
I guess if I want the wave 2 Skylanders, I'll have to just buy them online.
#20 Posted: 17:39:15 12/01/2012
I called up TRU as promised and they said that they're not even allowed to look in the boxes until tomorrow so I'ma just have to call in my lunch break tomorrow and, if there's anything exciting, see if I can reserve and pick up after work. Guh, was looking forward to a trip there today.
---
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#21 Posted: 17:44:48 12/01/2012
I have to work tomorrow, but hopefully I can call around and ask to see what people have to at least figure out if they're selling them or not, and i could lurk around town as well. lol
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#22 Posted: 18:36:36 12/01/2012
Quote: Sequoia Spyro
I called up TRU as promised and they said that they're not even allowed to look in the boxes until tomorrow so I'ma just have to call in my lunch break tomorrow and, if there's anything exciting, see if I can reserve and pick up after work. Guh, was looking forward to a trip there today.

That's strange. Seems that some stores are already putting wave 3 items on the shelf (Empire of Ice, at least), but TRU is holding back? What's the point? I'd be surprised if you can call and reserve a figure though. Probably depends on how friendly you are on the phone, and how accommodating the person on the other end is.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#23 Posted: 18:48:42 12/01/2012
Sequoia/Buzz; if you guys happen to find any of the Wave 3 (Cynder/Double Trouble; don't need Whirlwind or Drill Sergeant), or the Empire of Ice pack at all where you are, would you be able to help me out, please? I'd be happy to pay for shipping, of course! Myself and a friend are trying (without luck) to get Skylanders stuff here and it just isn't happening (he's also looking for Wave 2, but would have to speak to him before buying on his behalf!).
---
#24 Posted: 19:10:29 12/01/2012
Quote: Himewad

That's strange. Seems that some stores are already putting wave 3 items on the shelf (Empire of Ice, at least), but TRU is holding back? What's the point? I'd be surprised if you can call and reserve a figure though. Probably depends on how friendly you are on the phone, and how accommodating the person on the other end is.

Well I don't think any of the wave 3 figures have made it out here in the UK. There aren't any on the UK eBay or any of the retail stores or websites, so... I'm hoping that TRU do have some of the wave 3's coming into stock tomorrow, but I doubt it. Other stores are finally gettings wave 1 and 2 back in stock so it's not looking likely that it'll be wave 3 for us for a while...

Quote: Sunny Castanets
Sequoia/Buzz; if you guys happen to find any of the Wave 3 (Cynder/Double Trouble; don't need Whirlwind or Drill Sergeant), or the Empire of Ice pack at all where you are, would you be able to help me out, please? I'd be happy to pay for shipping, of course! Myself and a friend are trying (without luck) to get Skylanders stuff here and it just isn't happening (he's also looking for Wave 2, but would have to speak to him before buying on his behalf!).

I'm more than happy to help out, but I think there's a 2-item limit for TRU. They do on the website, anyway. And, by that, I certainly hope they mean 2 of each rather than 2 toys - that'd limit me somewhat.
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#25 Posted: 22:13:29 12/01/2012
Seen nothing on my travels today, in either Game or Gamestation.
---
Eh.
#26 Posted: 09:58:53 13/01/2012
Just got off the phone to TRU in the Old Kent Road. They had a delivery of triple packs in, the guy didn't say which ones they were other than they were not the Legendary Figures or the Pirate Seas Adventure Pack (the ones I'm looking for). They had no single packs. Their next delivery is on Wednesday. Hope that helps
---
#27 Posted: 11:20:45 13/01/2012
Quote: Sequoia Spyro

I'm more than happy to help out, but I think there's a 2-item limit for TRU. They do on the website, anyway. And, by that, I certainly hope they mean 2 of each rather than 2 toys - that'd limit me somewhat.

Hahahah, wow, seriously? That's really lame. I mean, with any luck, if they get them on the website, I can probably coerce my friend into ordering online so we can waive the shipping fee again, but if not, help would be great!
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#28 Posted: 18:17:00 14/01/2012
Well, I asked about stock yesterday in Game, they don't know when they'll be gettimg stock back in. Their Skylander space was empty as well, the only figure they had in was a solitary Boomer.
---
Eh.
#29 Posted: 09:34:05 16/01/2012
Apologies for bumping up an old thread by this is only relevant to players/collectors in the UK.

I got a call from a friend who works in Tesco and she said her store has singles today. She mentioned Dino-Rang, Boomer, Zap and Wrecking Ball. Hope that helps others smilie
---
#30 Posted: 10:41:09 16/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Apologies for bumping up an old thread by this is only relevant to players/collectors in the UK.

I got a call from a friend who works in Tesco and she said her store has singles today. She mentioned Dino-Rang, Boomer, Zap and Wrecking Ball. Hope that helps others smilie

Which store was that?
#31 Posted: 10:56:25 16/01/2012
Quote: Wynne1975

Which store was that?

My guess is Orpington as that's where she lives, but I did forget to ask - sorry!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me