Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > How is the Double Trouble/Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant Triple Pack out already?
Page 1 of 1
How is the Double Trouble/Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant Triple Pack out already? [CLOSED]
dwattzdrummer Gold Sparx Gems: 2413
#1 Posted: 04:31:47 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...9#ht_500wt_1204

Are they being released from the West Coast first??? I am from PA so I am in the East Coast... hmmm. I hope to god there will be plenty of Skylanders by the 15/16th as Activison hinted...
---
wdrumz YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wdrumz
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:37:14 11/01/2012 by dwattzdrummer
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 04:34:35 11/01/2012
They're already released in some places like in some Walmarts or Bestbuys.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:38:43 11/01/2012 by Aura24
#3 Posted: 04:36:17 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I meant WEST COAST first*...
---
wdrumz YouTube Channel:

P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#4 Posted: 04:37:45 11/01/2012
My local Best Buy did get a few Skylanders in, but unfortunately only wave 2. Grrrrr
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#5 Posted: 05:09:57 11/01/2012
I live in California and I haven't seen any. I live on the coast.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#6 Posted: 05:12:25 11/01/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598

Ditto, called 2 gamestops, TRU and stopped by 2 best buys, nothing yet. I'm in socal.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#7 Posted: 05:12:53 11/01/2012
I'm in the east, so maybe I still have a chance!
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#8 Posted: 05:50:34 11/01/2012
Quote: BerryShaker
Quote: Whirlwind5598

Ditto, called 2 gamestops, TRU and stopped by 2 best buys, nothing yet. I'm in socal.

Where do you live?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

DarkSpyro12345 Green Sparx Gems: 148
#9 Posted: 06:29:28 11/01/2012
I haven't heard any 3 pack like that around and I live in Australia, plus where I am in Australia is sold out in all shops of Skylanders! Haven't got any for like 2 weeks!
---
Got: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Want: smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10097
#10 Posted: 06:33:31 11/01/2012
Same in NZ...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#11 Posted: 14:58:03 11/01/2012
From all the ebay lots, it's likely that CA got them first. (Which makes sense. They're released on one coast, which is then spread to the opposite coast)

So, we know that they are in CA, but that doesn't mean that every single place there will have them. From the looks of it, people are snapping them up really fast so even if you do call, there's a slim chance they'd even actually have them in stock.

They'll be spreading out more over the next week or so. Basically, just keep calling or visiting the stores to see.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#12 Posted: 16:50:40 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Checked Walmart, Best Buy, and Toysrus at 10am, all sold out... **** me...
---
wdrumz YouTube Channel:

Isahn Green Sparx Gems: 101
#13 Posted: 19:09:25 11/01/2012
I found the Double Trouble/Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant Triple Pack at a North Scottsdale Walmart last night (Arizona) so perhaps they're starting at the West Coast and moving East?! Heh, ok I have no clue really how these releases proceed, but at least in my area Walmarts seem to be the place to check, everyone else is still OOS and giving conflicting information about when they'll restock.

I was calling the various Walmarts in my area prior to this and about a third said they were in stock, a third said they hadn't been restocked and the remaining third said they'd been restocked but already sold out. I noticed that the Walmarts in my area restock the Skylanders at odd hours... mid-to-late afternoons, whenever they feel like it really. If they do this elsewhere then I'd say call them after 4pm, I've had some success that way
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#14 Posted: 19:15:42 11/01/2012
In my area Wal-mart's shelf stocking is random as well, but for the most part takes place between midnight and 5am. So around midnight is where im going to check on the 15th/16th for wave 3. Ive got giftcards and stuff set up in advance so money wont be an issue! lol smilie

whenever i call around for skylanders(which has only happened once with every store except gamestop) they always say they're sold out, or that they have no time to check. So i always check for myself and keep a close eye on this forum and on their facebook page. and ebay and amazon. =3
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Isahn Green Sparx Gems: 101
#15 Posted: 19:27:50 11/01/2012
Quote: terranakari
In my area Wal-mart's shelf stocking is random as well, but for the most part takes place between midnight and 5am. So around midnight is where im going to check on the 15th/16th for wave 3. Ive got giftcards and stuff set up in advance so money wont be an issue! lol smilie

Right on man, good luck in your hunt! I started lurking here a few weeks ago and this community has been VERY helpful in my Skylander searches (Thanks guys!), and so far I've found all but 2 of the ones I need. Anyway persistence is key, I have a giant list of phone numbers that I call at least twice a day (although I'll probably relax a little now that I only need a few).

Is there a Toys R Us in your area? Around here the TRU's restock Wednesday night so if you're there Thursday morning you have first pick (last week they were full of Stealth Elf/Wrecking Ball/Sonic Boom and Hex/Zap/Dino Rang triples and that was basically it. If I was a reseller I probably would've had a heart attack). I'll be there first thing tomorrow hoping they have Cynder and/or the fabled gold Chop-Chop...
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#16 Posted: 19:34:52 11/01/2012
[quote=Isahn

Right on man, good luck in your hunt! I started lurking here a few weeks ago and this community has been VERY helpful in my Skylander searches (Thanks guys!), and so far I've found all but 2 of the ones I need. Anyway persistence is key, I have a giant list of phone numbers that I call at least twice a day (although I'll probably relax a little now that I only need a few).

Is there a Toys R Us in your area? Around here the TRU's restock Wednesday night so if you're there Thursday morning you have first pick (last week they were full of Stealth Elf/Wrecking Ball/Sonic Boom and Hex/Zap/Dino Rang triples and that was basically it. If I was a reseller I probably would've had a heart attack). I'll be there first thing tomorrow hoping they have Cynder and/or the fabled gold Chop-Chop...[/quote]

No =( no toys-r-us! the closest one is 2 hours away and i dont have the gas or the money to drive all that way all the time to just be let down by the no-stocked shelves, lol! xD

I have 1 wal-mart, 1 Kmart, 1 Shopko, and 1 Gamestop, so i guess its not 5 places that sells them, its just 4. D= no Targets either btw, thats also 2 hours away. (or best buys, also 2 hours away). Im in a small town with 3,000 people in the middle of the woods close to canadas boarders in the upper peninsela of Michigan, so theres almost nothing here, and gamestop just opened up here in our area about 3 months ago, so we have that at least lol.

Luckily almost noone goes to Kmart or Shopko though, until this past week anyways =/ but yea, i got all of my skylanders from gamestop and wal-mart, and then when they were empty when i was looking for the pirate seas adventure pack my friend mentioned she saw a bunch of them at kmart "the other day" so i rushed out that minuet to go buy one and i got the last one. X_X they were RLY overstocked on skylanders that day except for that adventure pack, but now theyre all empty. =/ its like as days go by skylanders becomes more and more popular, or people are being more nad more greedy and being scalpers for ebay.... >.<
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Octorber13 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1120
#17 Posted: 21:44:20 11/01/2012
I still yet have to find out what is being stock up in my place in good old Canada
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me