Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > How often do you call your local stores?
Page 1 of 1
How often do you call your local stores? [CLOSED]
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#1 Posted: 03:51:04 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I call four Walmarts, six Targets, two Toys R Us and three Best Buys every single day for wave 3 as well as other waves since I still need a few older characters. One employee at Walmart told me to stop calling, but I told her I'm going to call everyday until you restock. Any similar experiences?
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#2 Posted: 03:54:57 11/01/2012
Quote: P1anet Fun
I call four Walmarts, six Targets, two Toys R Us and three Best Buys every single day for wave 3 as well as other waves since I still need a few older characters. One employee at Walmart told me to stop calling, but I told her I'm going to call everyday until you restock. Any similar experiences?

I'm not that persistent smilie . . . I just called Toy's R Us today and they said that they were sold out. I'm not that big of a hurry to get one skylander out of this current wave. Besides everything is within walking distance so it wouldn't hurt me to kill some time walking to almost ever store on my block.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#3 Posted: 04:11:23 11/01/2012
I call target on monday, wednesday, and friday when they get their trucks in. I call target as I have a gift card for them and I dont really want to spend any of my $ elsewhere. I did call walmart and toys r us today due to the news of whats been happening lately. I also drove to gamestop today. I only call to find what I need and when I hear they have others, i space out as I am not really looking for others.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Proggy99 Red Sparx Gems: 66
#4 Posted: 04:14:45 11/01/2012
it might just be me, but Target seems to have the friendliest employees that you can tell are actually checking if they say they are. You hear them walking to the area and they pause and you can imagine them looking and then answer you. Walmart puts you on hold for a minute, comes back and says they are out leaving you wondering if they even looked, and that is after waiting 5 minutes for them to even pick up. TRU is hit and miss on it. Best Buy, just recently, seems to have turned around with more helpful people answering the phone than before.

I mean I get it, they are busy and have answered the question already to other callers. However, I always say that you can never be too busy doing your job that you can not do your job. Maybe if they got off their backsides and made their website store inventory count work, we could just all check online instead...
---
have [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie]
looking for smiliesmiliesmilie
Taintie Green Sparx Gems: 132
#5 Posted: 04:21:33 11/01/2012
I've only tried calling once, since I enjoy the experience of going around.

That one time, I called the two Targets.

One put me 'on hold' (where I heard her speak to a customer, then talk with another employee about some random social thing) for a full fifteen minutes before I hung up.

The second never picked up when I let the phone ring for five minutes. I checked the time on my phone, five full mintutes.

So I don't like calling. smilie I was annoyed because I work a job where I have to answer the phone to take orders, so I get yelled at if it goes anywhere past three rings!
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie]
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#6 Posted: 05:02:40 11/01/2012
I hope one of us see them in stores soon. it would be nice to see someone from here get one if i can't.
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#7 Posted: 05:07:44 11/01/2012
I just went to TRU and target and they only restocked on waves 1 and 2. smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#8 Posted: 05:11:46 11/01/2012
I'm tried of being told they're out, so I quit; rather get feedback for here and go around sometimes.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#9 Posted: 05:17:13 11/01/2012
I haven't called because I know it's unlikely they'll get anything new.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#10 Posted: 05:25:56 11/01/2012
Quote: P1anet Fun
I call four Walmarts, six Targets, two Toys R Us and three Best Buys every single day

Psycho smilie
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#11 Posted: 05:52:15 11/01/2012
Quote: PinkWater
I'm tried of being told they're out, so I quit; rather get feedback for here and go around sometimes.

Me too I am just going to go the 13 14 15 and 16 and if I don't find anything I'll just wait until I see pics here.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#12 Posted: 13:53:04 11/01/2012
Every day I call, 6 walmarts, 5 targets, 3 TRUs, and 3 best buys
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#13 Posted: 14:11:00 11/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511

WOW that is a lot!

I never call...if I am near a store, or feel like going for a drive I stop in and check.
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#14 Posted: 14:15:45 11/01/2012
Quote: JAP28

WOW that is a lot!

I never call...if I am near a store, or feel like going for a drive I stop in and check.

Same here!
DarkRaptor Green Sparx Gems: 225
#15 Posted: 14:21:37 11/01/2012
I call 2 Targets, 3 Wal-Marts, 1 TRU, and one Best Buy. Wal-Marts are near useless. Target have been informative and nice. the TRU by me is awesome. They have been very understanding with my calls. They said they are suppose to get a big shipment on Thursday, so I hope its Wave 3, if not a good chance to get some old ones I don't have.
---
Tumblr Blog about the Skylanders TCG I am creating: http://skylandertcg.tumblr.com
2/24 is Stealth Elf week!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#16 Posted: 14:48:51 11/01/2012

Wow! Didn't think you had it in ya' but you took this challenge on and really tore it up! Enjoy the extra power! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:49:25 11/01/2012 by kappapopm
#17 Posted: 14:49:15 11/01/2012
LOL

5chars
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#18 Posted: 15:00:45 11/01/2012
Wait, they're not even answering? I'd report that to the manager. Or in the least call corporate.

That's not right at all. Especially because you're willing to actually buy something.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#19 Posted: 19:12:48 11/01/2012
I only call Gamestop out of the 5 stores in my town that sell skylanders. Mostly because I have friends who work there and are willing to go to the shelves and look for me, even if they're super busy. They also told me they're going to try holding a Cynder for me when they get her in, so thats mainly why i call them, but i only call once every 3-4 days or so, possibly more. I keep my eyes peeled at wal-mart and the other stores whenever im shopping there or around town/the area which is at least twice a week. Lately all the stores have been empty, but they all claim no new skylanders yet, so who knows.

On a side note, I hate ebay scalpers..... they make me sick.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#20 Posted: 20:34:58 11/01/2012
I stopped calling a week ago... if I'm near a store I'll go look but now I'm set on next week.
#21 Posted: 22:16:18 11/01/2012

And yet the EoI and Wave 3 movement still hasnt reached here.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#22 Posted: 22:19:53 11/01/2012
It's odd. States near me, are smaller than my market, yet those states are getting them before us.

I called ALL of my Walmarts and added in some Gamestops today. Still no dice.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#23 Posted: 22:23:48 11/01/2012
the people at TRU and BB were very helpful but i think that Target and Walmart are scripted.
#24 Posted: 01:58:42 13/01/2012
I just called best buy, 10 minutes from closing DOH!, and they have wave 1 and 2 in stock but not 3. The clerk I talked to also went and checked if any of them were silver for me. How awesome is that? It would have been better if she had told me yes. So, i can make it to BB right when they open tomorrow. PM me tonight, I hit the sack at 2 am usually, and let me know what ones you need and I will attempt to get them for you. I will also be checking the boards in the morning but I would rather know if I have to go tonight rather than last minute tomorrow.
---
My kids own :
#25 Posted: 04:47:32 13/01/2012
Quote: kappapopm

Wow! Didn't think you had it in ya' but you took this challenge on and really tore it up! Enjoy the extra power! smilie

There isn't really much extra power. The Skylanders I got here in stores were just Zap, pirate Seas, Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash, Hex, Dino Rang, and Wrecking Ball.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#26 Posted: 13:39:15 13/01/2012
Quote: kappapopm

There isn't really much extra power. The Skylanders I got here in stores were just Zap, pirate Seas, Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash, Hex, Dino Rang, and Wrecking Ball.

Oh no! i am afraid you didn't make it. i told you these things were tough. Wanna' give it another try? Maybe you'll have better luck with a different champion? smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:41:41 13/01/2012 by kappapopm
purple147rose Red Sparx Gems: 26
#27 Posted: 21:07:13 13/01/2012
Pretty much daily!
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#28 Posted: 21:15:45 13/01/2012
I don't think calling is going to get it done, personally. I've been driving to a TRU, Game Stop, Wal-Mart and Target over my lunch hour this week. I'll be doing the same until I get the new adventure pack and triple pack.

It's too easy for an employee who is tired of getting calls about Skylanders to blow you off. If you are there in person, and are nice to the employee who asks if you need help finding anything, you will usually get treated well, and might even receive some inside information. It's happened to me before.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#29 Posted: 22:15:30 13/01/2012
^ Yeah, I've given up. I'll just cruise around every day from now on, maybe around noon.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me