Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders help-a-thon thread: LET'S DO THIS EDITION!
First | Previous | Page 7 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Skylanders help-a-thon thread: LET'S DO THIS EDITION! [CLOSED]
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#301 Posted: 19:34:24 25/02/2012
^So did you get Legendary Trigger Happy?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#302 Posted: 22:01:34 25/02/2012
Unfortunately, no. There are 6500+ L-Triggs in the *national* TRU warehouse and 2500+ in the tru.com warehouse, but they have not yet shipped to stores or been put online at tru.com. That was basically the gist of my comments. TRU is holding them back for some reason (March 1st release?). Stores seem to get 2 to 3 shipments a week so I am thinking that we will see them arrive in the Tuesday or Thursday shipments this next week (or Friday shipments as some stores seem to get). This is mere speculation on my part, but it appears that TRU is loaded up and ready to "pull the trigger" on L-Triggs at any moment. We just have to wait for them to do so.

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Rubix42 Red Sparx Gems: 41
#303 Posted: 23:52:24 25/02/2012
TRU.com has some single packs available online right now. As well as some Pirate and Darklight packs. Just bought Hex, Dino-Rang and Darklight.

I'm still hunting Empire of Ice if anyone sees it or can provide a tip.

Also, hello, I'm Rubix. 31 yr old dad of 2. I think I play more than they do though. Loving me some Skylanders.
---
Falling to pieces
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:54:23 25/02/2012 by Rubix42
Vortimous Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#304 Posted: 03:18:41 26/02/2012
Hey Rubix,

Welcome... I am new myself, also a Dad of two (just getting into skylanders though..) My collection is growing... I was lucky enough to get EoI last week from my local TRU, but it was by pure luck. I was at the store when they were putting inventory out... They had one box labeled skylanders on the outside... Inside were only three EoI and I got one of them. I asked them (actually I took and told them I took one) out of the box before it was on the shelf... I have not seen EoI any other time in any store near me. I live in New Orleans. And I check all stores that I go into now for stuff. I am sure though that more will be coming out... it seems to come in waves... two weeks ago my TRU had about 20 copies of the other two adventure packs... now they have none.... What I am haveing a hard time finding now are the 3 packs of anything... I can find singles, but three packs are better in my eyes and would like to get as many of those as possible.... so far I only got the one with flameslinger and just this week got the legendary...

Welcome and hope some people on here can help you... Just keep looking where ever they are sold... you are bound to find something sometime... I have been looking for a week at every BB, target, walmart, Gamestop and TRU and just on Friday I went into 3 BB and two had nothing but starter packs, yet the third (which was about 2 miles from one of them) had an entire wall stocked with singles.... I picked up wrecking ball (who I had never seen before in stores by me) and Eruptor who I needed... So you never know when they may have some....
---
Vortimous
"Winning isnt everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"
Rubix42 Red Sparx Gems: 41
#305 Posted: 03:22:44 26/02/2012
I can't imagine how crazy I'd be if we were starting from scratch. Thankfully my kids don't know about the legendary. All we need is EoI and the legendary pack to complete the collection of what is currently released. Hoping TRU in the morning covers at least the legendary. And maybe EoI too and I can wait out the release of the final waves.
---
Falling to pieces
Vortimous Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#306 Posted: 03:27:02 26/02/2012
I got the legendary this week when someone on here said it was on TRUs web site. I went there and my local had pick up in store option so I did it and got the last one off the shelf. I ordered it Thursday night and it was ready by Friday.... The clerk told me they had been getting calls all day about the legendary and all the ones they had were all on store pick up... she said I got the last one they had in stock for that day.... she said they all went in a few hours.... I like to find them in stores and not buy online if I dont have too... but I know how hard the legendary is to find... I will attempt to get L trig Hap when he comes out and hope I see him in stores... but he may have to be an online purchase as well...
---
Vortimous
"Winning isnt everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"
#307 Posted: 13:48:12 28/02/2012
Amazon is having Video Game Lightning Deals throughout today and I am thinking that the 8pm PST deal sounds like it might be the 3DS version of Skylanders... The tag on the deal currently is:

"Upcoming Deal - Play with all your favorite toys within this DS game"

I suppose it could be a Toy Story game though... Can't hurt to check it out at 8pm PST tonight.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=sv_gb_0

I guess we will see tonight...

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#308 Posted: 04:00:48 29/02/2012
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi
Amazon is having Video Game Lightning Deals throughout today and I am thinking that the 8pm PST deal sounds like it might be the 3DS version of Skylanders... The tag on the deal currently is:

"Upcoming Deal - Play with all your favorite toys within this DS game"

I suppose it could be a Toy Story game though... Can't hurt to check it out at 8pm PST tonight.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=sv_gb_0

I guess we will see tonight...

-VM

And the answer is: Toy Story 3 for the DS.

*sigh* I knew it was too good to be true.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:01:30 29/02/2012 by Hexin_Wishes
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#309 Posted: 05:25:09 29/02/2012
LOL I may be biased but it seems to me that Sonic Boom is really the rarest Skylander. I've seen loads of Cynders and Hexs but not one single pack of Sonic Boom...just a useless three pack of her with Stealth Elf and Wrecking Ball. *sigh*
#310 Posted: 00:08:27 05/03/2012
I was just at a TRU in Goodyear, AZ and they had about 10 cases (6-packs) on the top shelf of their Skylander section and *every one* of them was a Hex, Eruptor, Wrecking Ball, Boomer, Zap, Dino Rang pack (yes, I took every one down and looked through it...) All of them had been cut open and most had all 6 figs still in them. For some reason they did not have all six of these figs on the pegs around the display. Bad stockers at night I guess. <shrug> If anyone lives in that area and needs any of those 6 figures, they are there in abundance.

As a side note, I watched the video games drone answer the phone, go over to the pegs, pull the three that were actually stocked on the pegs and tell whomever was on the phone, "we have X, Y and Z Skylanders in stock right now" and then hang up and go put those back on the pegs. What a lazy dork. Just consider that you might be talking to the "lazy dork" when you call TRU. Sad but true. :-|

-VM
---

Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#311 Posted: 03:21:41 07/03/2012
What is the point of this thread if we can't post what we have/want? I had 2 posts removed for trying to help out anyone who needed an L Trigg. That kinda defeats the whole point of this thread, huh?
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
#312 Posted: 03:32:18 07/03/2012
Quote: Kesrael
What is the point of this thread if we can't post what we have/want? I had 2 posts removed for trying to help out anyone who needed an L Trigg. That kinda defeats the whole point of this thread, huh?

I just sent you a PM.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13909
#313 Posted: 12:16:04 07/03/2012
Look, I'm sorry but you're not allowed to buy/sell/trade figures on the forum. If this topic continues in that manner I will have to close it.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#314 Posted: 04:30:03 08/03/2012
Legendary Trigger Happy is available for Store Pick-Up on ToysRUs.com
---

zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#315 Posted: 01:49:23 10/03/2012
Can someone please find me a darklight crypt of under 25$ online?
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#316 Posted: 02:38:28 10/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Don't think you're allowed to ask that here, Zap18. *rolls eyes*
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
The Dooms Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#317 Posted: 02:45:48 10/03/2012
Wait one second. If we're not allowed to trade figures, then what's the point of this topic? Just to brag about Skylanders one has that another doesn't? Because we already have a topic for that, and if the purpose is to help others find Skylanders online, I'm pretty sure that 99% of the people in this topic don't want to pay overinflated prices thanks to Scalpers.

So...In my opinion, this topic is thoroughly pointless.
---
Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie smilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie
Skylanders needed: smilie smilie smilie smilie
#318 Posted: 02:52:33 10/03/2012 | Topic Creator
No clue, Dooms. If I were running a forum, I wouldn't hold people back from helping one another. Some humans on this planet lack logic, which is why I think God needs to blow us off this rock. If it isn't truly hurting one another, it's just acting plain stupid.

That's my opinion, anyway.
---
#319 Posted: 02:55:49 10/03/2012
I mean, selling I can understand, since that's basically scalping. But asking someone to find one, and if they purchase it, you will send the money to the buyer (at store price) for the figure, then that's not scalping. That's just buying something for a friend who wants it. I honestly see no problem with this topic, so long as it's kept under control and people aren't upcharging for it.

But c'mon, the thread is called Skylanders Help-A-Thon, as in helping others find the figures they need to complete their collection. I've been looking for months to find Sonic Boom, and I could use some help getting it. That's why I post in this topic.
---
Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie smilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#320 Posted: 03:00:39 10/03/2012
I could even understand selling if it were something like a guy bought a single pack Cynder, then came across the Lightning Rod/Zook/Cynder triple pack and just wanted to unload Cynder for retail. Or like GM does when he offers far more than equal value if someone can find him specific items.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#321 Posted: 03:12:24 10/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Yep. If people can find me 5 Zook, 5 Lightning Rod, and 5 Dragon's Peak, I will pay them, plus throw in a free Toy Fair Cynder. That's if I don't find them first.
---
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#322 Posted: 04:11:07 10/03/2012
Can I make a suggestion? I haven't read this specific thread all the way thru. But couldn't you make an unwritten rule here? If you indeed are going to sell something you got. Why wouldn't you just PM the person. So sure, you can post that you got a Cynder, and you have an extra one that you bought that you would like to get rid of, theoretically of course. Any smart person is going to send you a PM asking how much you want for that extra and negotiations take place in private, not on the forums. This could just be a bulletin board for extra figures you have. Everything else works itself out in private...if you got rid of it, edit your post and say "SF" or spoken for...or something like that. There are loopholes to anything. I don't see why trading is such a bad thing. But who knows. hmmmm...
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#323 Posted: 04:11:08 10/03/2012
I wish this forum had a 'like' feature like FaceBook does. I'd 'like' all of the above posts.
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
#324 Posted: 04:41:39 10/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Yep. If people can find me 5 Zook, 5 Lightning Rod, and 5 Dragon's Peak, I will pay them, plus throw in a free Toy Fair Cynder. That's if I don't find them first.

Why do you need 5 of each thing?
---

#325 Posted: 04:50:37 10/03/2012
It's a hypothetical scenario, Whirlwind. He doesn't really need them. He's just saying that if he needed a Zook a Lightning Rod and a Dragon's Peak, he'd pay cash enough to recoup the cost of the figures to the original buyer, plus throw in something the other person doesn't have.
---
#326 Posted: 05:00:01 10/03/2012 | Topic Creator
1 to open for me: Path A
1 to open for me: Path B
1 to hang on my wall
1 to give to my 9 year old son
1 to give to my 5 year old daughter

However, at times, I like to play with fate as if it's a game. Like I told someone in PM, I want a number of tattoos (small). The tats would say "Destiny," "Fate," the letter "X," and "50/50." I like to have fun with fate. I have said this -

1: My daughter really wants the metallic Cynder. So I told myself we will let fate decide. If I am able to get wave 4 before April 1st, I will give her one to open. Will fate bring her luck? There's a 50/50 chance.

2: If people find me what I seek, before I find it, I will give them the Cynder, as a gift, thus fate worked in their favor. There's a 50/50 chance.

I always like seeing what fate has in store for me/others.
---
Minorgeek Red Sparx Gems: 79
#327 Posted: 05:09:55 10/03/2012
If anyone is looking for any Legendaries I know where to get them. PM me.
---
Want~smiliesmiliesmilie
#328 Posted: 05:19:12 10/03/2012
^You know this is a helping thread and you aren't really helping? You should just post where and you would help out some people.Unless you would like to send like 50 of the same PM.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:20:04 10/03/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#329 Posted: 05:22:44 10/03/2012
Or maybe Minorgeek knows where to get them because they're sitting in his living room.
---
#330 Posted: 05:32:27 10/03/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
^You know this is a helping thread and you aren't really helping? You should just post where and you would help out some people.Unless you would like to send like 50 of the same PM.

I'm trying to help.
If you want the help PM me.
Or email me.
---
Want~smiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:41:44 10/03/2012 by Minorgeek
#331 Posted: 05:37:22 10/03/2012
We have an edit button, pal. I'd advise you to use it. Now, I'm not against something like this, currently. But if you know where to find a legendary at a reasonable price online, just post the URL, since I think the only thing directly prohibited is buying, selling, and trading amongst one another, and as nonsensical as that is to me, it keeps the scalpers out, and if that's the kind of stuff you're pulling, then prepare to be disappointed.
---
#332 Posted: 05:40:15 10/03/2012
Quote: The Dooms
We have an edit button, pal. I'd advise you to use it. Now, I'm not against something like this, currently. But if you know where to find a legendary at a reasonable price online, just post the URL, since I think the only thing directly prohibited is buying, selling, and trading amongst one another, and as nonsensical as that is to me, it keeps the scalpers out, and if that's the kind of stuff you're pulling, then prepare to be disappointed.

I'm tired of the scalpers too!
I picked up few of each Legendary Figure and will offer them to anyone for what I paid plus what it costs me for shipping.

All I ask in return is that if you can, help me find the ones I want.

If this isn't allowed here, I'll go elswhere.

I'm just trying to help
---
Want~smiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:35:37 10/03/2012 by Minorgeek
#333 Posted: 06:42:43 10/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I think non-scalpers trying to help one another should do further business in PM, but based around peoples' want ads of sorts here.

Like me. I have stated before, that I am looking for 5 of each of wave 4, except for Ignitor and the triple pack, which I only need 1 of each. However, 1 would suffice at this point in time, since they're new, and others may need them.

No harm in stating what I am looking for, that way if someone wants to help, THEN THEY COULD PM ME!
---
#334 Posted: 06:43:34 10/03/2012
Here's the thing, Minorgeek, why not just buy what you need, and leave the others so they can buy them at the store? Why make someone else pay shipping or find what you're looking for?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:44:58 10/03/2012 by Himewad
#335 Posted: 06:48:00 10/03/2012
Yeah, I can agree. Instead of hording a bunch of figs and hoping someone will want them, why not wait for someone to talk to you, and THEN buy the figs, and conduct business via PM. I don't really need anything besides Sonic Boom right now, but I'd conduct any business I had to via PM.
---
#336 Posted: 07:43:35 10/03/2012
Quote: Himewad
Here's the thing, Minorgeek, why not just buy what you need, and leave the others so they can buy them at the store? Why make someone else pay shipping or find what you're looking for?

I, for one, would appreciate it if someone offered to sell me a character I wanted for exactly what it cost them to buy it and ship it to me without making a profit.
If anyone else feels the same and you're in need of a Legendary figure (I have mostly L. Trigger Happy) feel free to contact me.
It's not a condition to help me get the characters I want.
If you can help me out, Great! If not, that's okay too.

Like I said, I'm just trying to help, not make a profit. If I wanted to make a profit I'd list them all on eBay.

-Minorgeek
---
Want~smiliesmiliesmilie
First | Previous | Page 7 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me