Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders help-a-thon thread: LET'S DO THIS EDITION!
First | Page 2 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Skylanders help-a-thon thread: LET'S DO THIS EDITION! [CLOSED]
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#51 Posted: 04:36:30 13/01/2012
Who all here never got their hands on whirlwind and drill sarge? Not to collect but to actually play with in the game?
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#52 Posted: 04:51:43 13/01/2012
Quote: BerryShaker
http://www.zeemaps.com/305905

Updated the 3rd Wave Skylanders Sightings Map!

Put Albuquerque on that map! Just picked up Double Trouble from Best Buy!
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#53 Posted: 06:23:33 13/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511

Put Albuquerque on that map! Just picked up Double Trouble from Best Buy!

Updated! I also found Empire of Ice at Best Buy, made 2 stops first BB didn't have any and 2nd stop looked like they got one case of Adventure Packs. I noticed on the BB website that it said they had restocked Adventure Packs in a few of the stores in my area so you might want to check the site before you stop by the stores.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Leviathan94 Green Sparx Gems: 127
#54 Posted: 11:01:01 13/01/2012
I live in Dundee, Ohio and I live about 30 minutes from a Target, and about 15 from a Walmart and 2 Gamestops, about 45 to a toys r us, best buy, target, and walmart and 3 gamestops so I could check all of them this weekend. Lets Find us some new Skylanders.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie]= Top Priority
#55 Posted: 13:07:36 13/01/2012
The hunt is on!
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#56 Posted: 15:47:14 13/01/2012
Updated map with my "info" that I got from the clerk @ BB. He sounded belivable though.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#57 Posted: 19:15:06 13/01/2012
got empire of ice at gamestop in kansas city, mo. apparently here all the gamestops got a small shipment in that had like 3 or 4 empire of ice adventure packs, and then just regular figures, no wave 3 figures.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#58 Posted: 16:43:04 14/01/2012
I'll look for any new shipments and will trade if I don't want.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
gman2001 Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#59 Posted: 17:53:20 14/01/2012
does anyone have any on oklahoma because thats where i live

if so please reply thanks
gman2001 Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#60 Posted: 18:25:39 14/01/2012
theres a bunch of darklight crypts and pirate seas at my local walmart
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#61 Posted: 18:27:16 14/01/2012
Hey i was thinkin bout getting the three pack with Zap. The thing is all i need is Zap, so would anyone be interessted in buying the other two off of me for the price of a normal single pack? Maybe even a little less considering it would have to be loose. I beleive the other two are whirlwind and Wrecking ball. Pm me if you're interessted smilie
---
Praise Helix!!!
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#62 Posted: 19:53:55 14/01/2012
Quote: ace
Hey i was thinkin bout getting the three pack with Zap. The thing is all i need is Zap, so would anyone be interessted in buying the other two off of me for the price of a normal single pack? Maybe even a little less considering it would have to be loose. I beleive the other two are whirlwind and Wrecking ball. Pm me if you're interessted smilie

think the zap triple pack comes with hex and dino-rang
---
I Have: 37/37
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#63 Posted: 19:54:11 14/01/2012
^ The other two does not include Whirlwind.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#64 Posted: 20:49:03 14/01/2012
Your right, my bad >.< I relized that after i talked to my friend about it. But it turns out a tru has a single pack of Zap so i'm just gonna do the little extra driving and get that one
---
Praise Helix!!!
malouff Blue Sparx Gems: 593
#65 Posted: 02:34:02 19/01/2012
I finally found GameMaster78's requested Cinder and Double Trouble
and am ready to trade for that Volcanic Vault.
[User Posted Image]
---
Still need from 1st game
volcanic vault & smilie
#66 Posted: 02:37:10 19/01/2012
^I believe he already found the characters he needed, but maybe he's still missing a few.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#67 Posted: 03:13:44 19/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I sent you a PM Malouff. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me. You will get one of my VV, should I choose to part with them (still dwelling on it).
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Morgan Elf Green Sparx Gems: 136
#68 Posted: 03:20:55 19/01/2012
CopiousTurtle - If you're looking for Stealth Elf, Ignitor, and Dark Spyro - Just buy the 3DS Game pack and put the game and protal on ebay - you'll get about $20 for it and have the 3 figures you want.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#69 Posted: 03:39:13 19/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, here is my contribution to helping those who need them, get them.

I got lucky with this, because as I was walking out, the resident dorky-ass scalper, was walking in. He saw me and gave me the biggest go to hell look.

Now this is why I snatch them all when I see them. Imagine if I would have gotten there 10 minutes later. He would have had EVERY SINGLE FIGURE, he wouldn't have even left Flameslinger or Chop Chop as I did.

I imagine he got other stores, though. At least he didn't get every store today.

The Cynders and DT's are all spoken for. I am checking locally, to see who needs Whirlwinds and DS's, before I ask people here or on the official Facebook page?

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
julio71599 Green Sparx Gems: 267
#70 Posted: 03:46:21 19/01/2012
if anyone can get me the EOI or chop chop i would be super grateful i live in San Francisco CA so if u wanna work a deal PM me plz!!!! also if anyone wants a bash i got it and i'd be willing to give it for just shipping and store price ($8)
---
I have all except l-spyro,l-bash, and l-chop chop from skylanders giants
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:58:02 19/01/2012 by julio71599
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#71 Posted: 03:56:46 19/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

I got lucky with this, because as I was walking out, the resident dorky-ass scalper, was walking in. He saw me and gave me the biggest go to hell look.

Now this is why I snatch them all when I see them. Imagine if I would have gotten there 10 minutes later. He would have had EVERY SINGLE FIGURE, he wouldn't have even left Flameslinger or Chop Chop as I did.

I imagine he got other stores, though. At least he didn't get every store today.

The Cynders and DT's are all spoken for. I am checking locally, to see who needs Whirlwinds and DS's, before I ask people here or on the official Facebook page?
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Still scalping.....
#72 Posted: 04:00:16 19/01/2012
Planet fun, GET OFF HIS FREAKING BACK! ITS A CIVIC GOOD!

Game master, SUPER HERO SQUAD? REALLY?
#73 Posted: 04:07:42 19/01/2012
I'm not saying scalping is good or bad. I'm not criticizing him for doing it, I'm just saying that's what it is.
#74 Posted: 04:25:07 19/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Scalping is two things to me.

1: A scalper cleans out all stores he sees said item he is scalping in. I saw more than one store have Cynders, but left two of the three stores in my area that had them, alone, hoping that kids would get them. They probably didn't though.

2: A scalper buys to turn a profit. I am selling these at a loss of .66 cents for all but one Cynder, which I am mailing to a lady for absolutely nothing, as a birthday gift for her son, and I don't even know her. I am losing 8.66 plus 6.30 shipping on that Cynder.

And Greenlantern, don't be hatin' on the Super Hero Squad. It's an awesome show. My favorite line from the show, comes from Thor, as they're walking through a sewer. Iron Man says "What's that smell?" He looks back to Thor, who says, "I dealt it not." Best line ever.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:26:18 19/01/2012 by GameMaster78
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#75 Posted: 04:31:52 19/01/2012
Umm, sorry, but how is it scalping? Game master has no intention of making any profit out of this. Indeed, from precedence there have been times where he even wore a small loss to ensure some kid was made happy.

Heck, pragmatically, if some person said to me that they paid, say, $8.50 for it but would not mind $10 even to cover petrol, etc, I would not even consider that scalping. Making a modest profit for time/effort is fair in a capitalist society. Making a large profit due to situational influences (e.g. being able to check all stores continually while others work) is scalping.

So, pray tell, please clarify how Game master's choice is making him any profit at all? All I see is him devoting his precious time/energy/petrol to a cause.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#76 Posted: 04:35:05 19/01/2012

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

I just sent you a PM. LOL dorky-ass.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:36:07 19/01/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#77 Posted: 04:37:21 19/01/2012
Its jealousy, envy, etcetera. There are plenty of people here who do not have 1 of those figures, like myself, who certainly wish they could have one of those. Heck there are people here who have never even seen any of those figures, like myself, other than in pictures from other people's collections. You have to admit that pictures like that will make people envious and cause a spark. For example, if my kids saw that picture they most certainly would ask why does that man have so many of them even though he already has the exact same number of those already? SO honestly, you can see how this would cause a stir on the forum, yes?
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#78 Posted: 04:38:05 19/01/2012
Scalping is two things to me.

1: A scalper cleans out all stores he sees said item he is scalping in. I saw more than one store have Cynders, but left two of the three stores in my area that had them, alone, hoping that kids would get them. They probably didn't though.

2: A scalper buys to turn a profit. I am selling these at a loss of .66 cents for all but one Cynder, which I am mailing to a lady for absolutely nothing, as a birthday gift for her son, and I don't even know her. I am losing 8.66 plus 6.30 shipping on that Cynder.

And Greenlantern, don't be hatin' on the Super Hero Squad. It's an awesome show. My favorite line from the show, comes from Thor, as they're walking through a sewer. Iron Man says "What's that smell?" He looks back to Thor, who says, "I dealt it not." Best line ever.

^ That's very thoughtful of you. I wish that I could go hunting for Cynder or Double Trouble but this stupid never ending snow storm here, has me trapped in my house. There are a lot of scalpers in Washington so I'm sure they risked their lives and other's just to make a profit. Hopefully they didn't wipe all of the stores out completely again.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:41:17 19/01/2012 by OpalOsprey
#79 Posted: 04:40:51 19/01/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
Umm, sorry, but how is it scalping? Game master has no intention of making any profit out of this. Indeed, from precedence there have been times where he even wore a small loss to ensure some kid was made happy.

Heck, pragmatically, if some person said to me that they paid, say, $8.50 for it but would not mind $10 even to cover petrol, etc, I would not even consider that scalping. Making a modest profit for time/effort is fair in a capitalist society. Making a large profit due to situational influences (e.g. being able to check all stores continually while others work) is scalping.

So, pray tell, please clarify how Game master's choice is making him any profit at all? All I see is him devoting his precious time/energy/petrol to a cause.

I'm not saying he's making a profit. Scalping means buying all (or most of the inventory). I never said he wasn't doing a good thing, but I'm just saying it's still considered scalping. It's a good cause, but it's still buying the store out.
#80 Posted: 04:41:01 19/01/2012
Have you gotten my PM gamemaster?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#81 Posted: 05:04:54 19/01/2012
Scalping: To resell at a price higher than the established value.

It does not matter if you agree or disagree with the premise of buying items in bulk. What Game master is doing can never be called scalping as it falls outside of the definition.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#82 Posted: 05:21:31 19/01/2012
Scalping Definition from Dictionary.com:

1. To resell (tickets, merchandise, etc.) at higher than the official rates.
2. A small profit made in quick buying and selling.

It doesn't seem like he's making much of a profit - he's actually losing money due to tax, shipping, and gas money.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#83 Posted: 05:23:25 19/01/2012
To clarify, definition 2/. is actually investment specific and not applicable in this context.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#84 Posted: 06:44:56 19/01/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
I think people should also mention what countries they're in (possibly which they're willing to ship to if they can't ship worldwide), since it would disappoint someone if they wanted a figure someone was offering, only to be in the wrong country.

Either way, I'm in the UK, and would love some help finding Cynder, Double Trouble, and the Empire of Ice. I can try and help where I can, but we don't have much luck in the way of finding any figures where I am.

Good news sunny!!!
Amazon uk is pre ordering empire of ice check it out!!! your getting that smilie in no time smilie
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:45:57 19/01/2012 by Ellioy
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#85 Posted: 06:46:28 19/01/2012
i would like one cynder...but i dont have the money :C
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#86 Posted: 06:53:51 19/01/2012
Quote: LyraDragon

Didn't you read it? He doesn't have anymore.
---

LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#87 Posted: 06:56:02 19/01/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
Quote: LyraDragon

Didn't you read it? He doesn't have anymore.

oh...
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#88 Posted: 07:05:43 19/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I'll check my PM's tomorrow. I am dead tired from driving around my city trying to get these for people.

I have more on the way, and as soon as I find some more in stores, I am all about trying to help as many here as possible.

Indeed, not only am I taking a loss due to gas costs, but I take a 66 cent loss on each toy I sell and a 30 cent loss on every toy I ship. It's all good, though. I just want to help people who actually care about the game.

Nite, peeps. I'm beat. I will check back in tomorrow, and my PM's. Hopefully I can find some more Cynders for everyone.

Oh, and I only cleaned out one store, despite the fact I went to three that had Cynders in stock. I left them there in hopes kids would get them. Again, though, I doubt it. The resident scalper here is a loser. He has all the time in the world to mallrat these stores.
---
#89 Posted: 11:37:09 19/01/2012
Given that I have defended your actions, I think I can ask a question.

Pragmatically, would it be better to not clean out a store but buy the same number over multiple stores? That way if little Timmy and his custodian only go to that store, they have a (remote) chance of finding the fig they want?

I think I can predict the response, though - you did not expect to find them in the other two stores and there was no way you were going to waste even more time going back to the first store to return some.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Brony Blue Sparx Gems: 660
#90 Posted: 12:38:36 19/01/2012

Wow. Michigan got screwed over.. -__-
Patience..Patience..
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#91 Posted: 13:42:37 19/01/2012

Oh, and I only cleaned out one store, despite the fact I went to three that had Cynders in stock. I left them there in hopes kids would get them. Again, though, I doubt it. The resident scalper here is a loser. He has all the time in the world to mallrat these stores.

I respect you for this! Even though there is a doubt, it worth it I think.
tj_loopie Green Sparx Gems: 101
#92 Posted: 13:51:26 19/01/2012
Quote: Brony

Patience..Patience..

Been lurking for a while, and you have all helped keep the kids' collection growing. So I thought I would register to let you know, that I did get EoI in Owosso, MI (48867) last week at a Gamestop. Everywhere else is OUT. And Gamestop has got nothing in since then.
Crokus Green Sparx Gems: 198
#93 Posted: 14:21:32 19/01/2012
I know it's not likely, but if anyone happens to have a spare legendary triple pack they're willing to part with I'd love to buy it from them... opened or unopened doesn't matter to me.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie]
#94 Posted: 14:53:27 19/01/2012
Quote: Crokus
I know it's not likely, but if anyone happens to have a spare legendary triple pack they're willing to part with I'd love to buy it from them... opened or unopened doesn't matter to me.

Did you not read the thread where activision said they were in production and will be shipped out?
---
My kids own :
Tickparasite Red Sparx Gems: 65
#95 Posted: 15:39:05 19/01/2012
Last week, I bought a drill sergeant online from Sam's club and it arrives today (according to the tracking info). Now as luck would have it I found the three pack with whirlwind, DS, and double trouble. So I have an extra drill sergeant unopened that I can ship out to someone if they don't mind paying me the $16.84 I paid plus any new shipping costs [or you can pick it up if you live in the south coast area of MA].

Thanks and good luck on the hunt!
SkylanderMommy Red Sparx Gems: 92
#96 Posted: 15:48:27 19/01/2012
I only bought two Double Troubles at the store and left one. I left the Whirlwinds and all the other ones alone too. I have a nephew that plays as well, so he usually gets an extra one when I find them.
---
Owned:
{smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#97 Posted: 15:50:26 19/01/2012
Game Master I PMed you!

--------------------------------------
I still need DT, WW, DS, and C for myself as well. If anyone has any doubles and would like to sell to me i'd be very gracious!! Otherwise im trying to get them from GameMaster lol.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
#98 Posted: 17:06:17 19/01/2012
Quote: tj_loopie
Quote: Brony

Patience..Patience..

Been lurking for a while, and you have all helped keep the kids' collection growing. So I thought I would register to let you know, that I did get EoI in Owosso, MI (48867) last week at a Gamestop. Everywhere else is OUT. And Gamestop has got nothing in since then.

Yeah Michigan is only not on the map because no one in michigan has reported in if they found anything or not smilie
Thanks for the update!

---
#99 Posted: 17:13:27 19/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Okay, this is what I need people to do.

From this post on, I need EVERYONE here to give me a list of what they're looking for, be it wave 1, 2 or 3. I need lists. I will help in order by who posts first, when I can.

I have two PM's from Whirlwind5598 and Terranakari.

So I will start with them.

Whirlwind5598, I have a -

- Whirlwind single pack
- Drill Sergeant single pack
- Double Trouble single pack

I am holding them for you, since you said you want them. I will PM you with my Paypal info shortly.

Terranakari, I have a -

- Whirlwind single pack
- Drill Sergeant single pack
- Double Trouble single pack

I am holding them for you, since you said you want them. I will PM you with my Paypal info shortly.

Anything I help people find, I ask for 8 bucks for the toy and 6 dollars shipping.

Start listing people, and I will see what I can do. Post here, though, so I don't run out of PM inbox room. I will send PM's as I find them, based on the lists posted here.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:14:22 19/01/2012 by GameMaster78
Philip Blue Sparx Gems: 948
#100 Posted: 17:46:38 19/01/2012
GameMaster I assume you ll ship only to the US right?? smilie If not I am interested, and I dont mind the cost of the shipping method smilie
P.S I am interested for Cynder, Double Trouble and EoI since it's the only ones I dont have smilie
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie smilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
First | Page 2 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me