Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Is it going to be worth it [CLOSED]
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#1 Posted: 18:11:25 10/01/2012 | Topic Creator
With the new wave already showing up on eBay for 4x's the RRP whats everyone's take on this is it going to be a case of just wait and eventually you'll get what you want for the retail price or is wave 3 onward going to permanently be almost impossible to get hold of as what I'm seeing at the moment I am just considering selling everything I have and although I would be sad to have not finished this collection at least i would maybe make some profit and wont have the stress of trying to get hold of the rest of them!
---
I Have: 37/37
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#2 Posted: 18:17:51 10/01/2012
I don't think it will be as bad. Activision now knows the popularity and knows how much to produce. Eventually you will find what you want for the price you want to pay.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#3 Posted: 18:34:58 10/01/2012
I think it might be pretty crazy??? Not sure?
There were a lot of fans before Christmas....now there will be even more!
Might be a jungle out there?
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#4 Posted: 18:37:29 10/01/2012
Well, there wouldn't be a problem period, if Activision would have enough produced and shipped. However, they are choosing to throw small shipments out at any given time, which will not help us customers, but will also bite them in the butt in the long run.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#5 Posted: 18:41:21 10/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
I don't think it will be as bad. Activision now knows the popularity and knows how much to produce. Eventually you will find what you want for the price you want to pay.

This ^. It will be crazy at first but it will die down a little and you will be able to catch up. This is a whole new frontier for gaming so be patient. Although I want them all now as well so what am I talking about be patient?!?. lol all kidding aside this is a collectable game and the nature of the collectable beast is to be vigilant with a little luck mixed in. You will eventually find what you're looking for if you keep at it.
CopiousTurtle Green Sparx Gems: 240
#6 Posted: 18:42:29 10/01/2012
I enjoy this game, but frankly the obsessive way I am scouring the web and searching for any crumbs of information on these plastic figures is really starting to upset me. The fact that Activision isn't producing enough and random scalpers are the ones profiting from such by asking 2x or more the price is ridiculous. I am getting closer and closer to backing out of this crazy Skylanders arms race and just being happy with the 17 I currently have.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#7 Posted: 18:44:06 10/01/2012
Well, us fans only have a window of 2 1/2 months to get each wave, before they are wiped out in lue of new waves.

So from yesterday, til April, when the new wave hits, you have that much time to get Empire of Ice, Double Trouble and Cynder.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#8 Posted: 18:45:52 10/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: GameMaster78
Well, there wouldn't be a problem period, if Activision would have enough produced and shipped. However, they are choosing to throw small shipments out at any given time, which will not help us customers, but will also bite them in the butt in the long run.

exactly I've had this game since release date and atm having to look online every few hours for this wave is really starting to bore me the problem is at least US and Germany have some Pre-order chances with amazon the UK amazon has absolutely nothing up if I don't get wave 3 by the middle of February I may not bother getting anymore because I can imagine the other future waves will be exactly the same they need to actually give specific release dates for everywhere as no matter how much i love this game i will not be paying eBay prices I wouldn't mind if I had to do it once pay £50 for one set i really wanted but not every new skylander/ adventure pack/ triple pack
---
I Have: 37/37
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#9 Posted: 18:49:02 10/01/2012
It's a quest guys and the scalpers are the enemy. Each time we score a Skylander and open it (or mount it on a wall) we gain a collective exp. points. If you find new Skylanders on the shelf and don't purchase them all but want to leave some for the kids/players to find, bend the card so the collectors won't want them. Disfigure the package in some way (be gentle though) so they can get in the hands of those that want to play the game. If we work together we can win and prove to the scalpers we aren't going down without a fight....game on!!!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 19:12:18 10/01/2012
Aww I don't think you guys are giving them enough credit. Activision really didn't forsee Skylanders doing well. After all, it really was a HUGE gamble on their part. They probably assumed that most of the extra stock would be out after Christmas, but they didn't see it being so crazy.

Don't give the scalpers any credit. After they get more out, and see no ones gonna buy them for a crazy price, they'll fizzle out. (At least, you hope so)

What it seems like is that there ARE some reserves somewhere that they're trickling out for stores. Like an emergency reserve of figures. But that really isn't helping because people are snatching them up like crazy. From my perspective, it looks like they're building up a large supply of the figures before the release the next set, which actually still plays into the release date from that catalog. So really, they ARE on time...

The problem with things like Amazon is that they can advertise the stuff and get preorders but they don't have any idea WHEN they'll get the stuff to their warehouses. So they have to keep a general release, and when it doesn't look like they're coming, they just move it back.

All I can say is be patient. They'll get here when they get here.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me