Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Will they be back? [CLOSED]
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#1 Posted: 21:25:23 06/01/2012 | Topic Creator
As everybody knows the toys are sold in "waves", well when all the waves are finished will they ever sell the previous waves?
Dynomy84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#2 Posted: 21:26:50 06/01/2012
Maybe, but I think that the other waves are still gonna be in stores around, so no need to worry.
---
Zap
------
Ride the lightning!
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#3 Posted: 21:28:45 06/01/2012 | Topic Creator
oh good, i don't want to buy them all at ridiculous prices on eBay
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 21:38:17 06/01/2012
From what it looks like, they're rotating most of them around in each subsequent wave. Wave 3 has of course the 2 new ones, along with the 2 exclusive ones, meaning there's at least another 2 from older waves in that set.

From the sightings people have posted some stores are getting Wave 1 boxes now, so I'd imagine there's probably some coming from somewhere. Once everything is released they'll probably just keep sending them out.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#5 Posted: 00:21:22 07/01/2012
ignitor is actually like 40 bucks on ebay and don't worry about them not being there
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#6 Posted: 03:04:17 07/01/2012
You'll be able to get him in a single-pack one day, the ignitor smilie
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#7 Posted: 03:09:50 07/01/2012
ehh not until june well I hope not
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#8 Posted: 03:16:17 07/01/2012
With the current price and availability of figures, just buying the 3DS version (even if you don't have a 3DS), keeping the toys, and selling the naked game + portal online is downright economical. No point buying one Ignitor from eBay when the game itself is pretty much the only reliable source for all three pack-in figures these days.
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#9 Posted: 16:27:10 07/01/2012
I think with-in the next month we will all be pleasantly surprised....
Think there will be huge shipments on the way. Well at least I hope so!

As far as characters like Ignitor and exclusives....maybe they will not be sold separately or come back?
Maybe they will come out in Skylanders 2...If the next game works with this current portal ect...
Who know what they will release. Maybe some classic figure packs.
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:32:31 07/01/2012 by JAP28
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#10 Posted: 17:12:38 07/01/2012
yea but even with the whole "classic characters" type thing they do in the games, its still very different from game to game.

i'd love to be able to use my "skylanders 1" characters for "skylanders 2" assuming there is one, because then i'd def. feel like it was worth it to buy all the characters, aside from collectors value points. I personally think between the consol games, the 3ds game, and the online game, i'm def. getting my money's worth. =)

on another note, i think every character except for the Legendary Triple Pack, and Dark Spyro, that they'll all be released in single packs. Maybe even normal Spyro, Gill Grunt, and Trigger Happy. But for sure on whirlwind, drill sergeant, and ignitor. Since they're already released as single packs(the exclusive 2) all they need to do is start releasing them to everywhere else, AND add them to the triple pack. =3 plus theres a rumor that Ignitor will be released in a single pack eventually, and a good clue is that on the 3ds game case dark spyro is the only one that says "exclusive to the 3ds starter pack", not even the skylanders with the consol packs say that. So thats a good clue.

also, its def. more beneficial to buy the 3ds starter pack then to just buy the characters individually online, not only do you get another/new skylanders game and portal with it, but each character on ebay is almost double the price of the starter pack in a wal-mart or gamestop or anyother kind of store lol. i got mine for $70 at wal-mart(gamestop had it for $50 but they were sold out), and thats not even the price if you want JUST Dark Spyro and/or Ignitor. so yea, i def. feel good about buying them in their packs.

plus i dont think i'd ever buy characters online, just because even though they say "new" on them, and are in packages, doesnt mean they havent been played with, since you can still paly with your skylanders THROUGH thier plastic packaging, so i'd be skeptical about buying them online unless the person selling them is selling a whole bunch of them, cuz then it'd be a safer bet, lol. I plan on buying the legendary triple pack online because the closest toys-r-us from me is 2 hours and i cant be garanteed they'd be there, plus they might not even be selling anymore, like a limited time only type thing. And their at like $100 new online now, so im trying to buy them quick before theres either none left or they're triple that price... X_X im also going to buy volcanic vault online but the price for that is also going up fast, last week there were TONS on ebay for $20, now theyre running out and they're AT LEAST $40-$60 each and going up. crazy.... X_X lucky for me, its now tax season! w00t!
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
#11 Posted: 01:04:48 08/01/2012
I also want lighning rod and zook
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me