Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
David: 1 Scalpers: 0 [CLOSED]
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#51 Posted: 20:45:32 07/01/2012
Expressing an opinion would be the first post, Aura. Dragging the entire thread on for pages of senselessness is a completely different story, and if you don't think he does this all the time, search his post history. Link me to any of his useful contributions if you don't believe all he does is troll. This kid attracts flames wherever he goes, and there are more subtle means of trolling than just shouting insults. The best ones are subtle, and while I wouldn't say he's anywhere near that class, he's at least dabbling in subtlety.

Aura, you and I may have gotten off on the wrong foot, but I see you contributing in a useful fashion on these forums all the time, and I have no desire to fight with you over which of us like CAV and which don't. At best, I hope you're willing to admit that he's an acquired taste, and we can both move on. Otherwise, I hope there is enough mutual respect between us that we can agree to disagree.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#52 Posted: 20:47:43 07/01/2012
I don't agree that GM or anybody should be advertising on here, I'll repeat this again. This isn't an advertising website.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#53 Posted: 20:48:32 07/01/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Expressing an opinion would be the first post, Aura. Dragging the entire thread on for pages of senselessness is a completely different story, and if you don't think he does this all the time, search his post history. Link me to any of his useful contributions if you don't believe all he does is troll. This kid attracts flames wherever he goes, and there are more subtle means of trolling than just shouting insults. The best ones are subtle, and while I wouldn't say he's anywhere near that class, he's at least dabbling in subtlety.

Aura, you and I may have gotten off on the wrong foot, but I see you contributing in a useful fashion on these forums all the time, and I have no desire to fight with you over which of us like CAV and which don't. At best, I hope you're willing to admit that he's an acquired taste, and we can both move on. Otherwise, I hope there is enough mutual respect between us that we can agree to disagree.

Tashi, perhaps you should do more research on trolling before jumping to conclusions.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#54 Posted: 20:49:41 07/01/2012
... CAV isn't trolling. Or at least if he is, he's still bringing up some good points and ideas.

I would say "chill out and go with the flow" here, but that would be rather hypocritical of me.
---
#55 Posted: 20:51:30 07/01/2012
CAV, I said that you weren't worth reading, not that you weren't worth replying to. You get so worked up over nothing that I find replying to you quite fun, and even though I don't read your posts, I hope you can understand the distinction between the two things.

The OP is clearly not ripping anyone off. He doesn't even profit. It's been explained. Present your opinions all you want, but 1 + 1 = 3 is not an opinion, it's just mathematically inaccurate. Your first post should've been about the nature of reselling Skylanders and not about money; making it about money, an area in which you are completely and mathematically mistaken--heck, compared to TRU, he's even offering a discount--is why you're here trolling and your post is not legitimate.

Boom, debunked. See? When I do read your crap, it takes me ten seconds to dismantle it. So what's the point? How am I not wasting my time when you're so easy? You're a child who's trying to match his intellect against a forum full of educated adults, and believe me, it shows.

Have fun in your own ignorance, but this debate is done.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#56 Posted: 20:53:13 07/01/2012
CAV, I said that you weren't worth reading, not that you weren't worth replying to. You get so worked up over nothing that I find replying to you quite fun, and even though I don't read your posts, I hope you can understand the distinction between the two things.

That statement is a contradiction.

EDIT: This forum is full of adults? This is showing me that you don't really stray away from this section, because the age group of this site is largely diverse.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:55:13 07/01/2012 by CAV
#57 Posted: 20:55:37 07/01/2012
Quote: Aura24

Tashi, perhaps you should do more research on trolling before jumping to conclusions.

And I hope that you will examine even the people you like with a critical eye when they do something worthy of criticism. As I've said, the original post wasn't the problem, it's how long it's gone on and how much like spam this is all seeming.

GameMaster isn't completely innocent. I advised him way up towards the top to just ignore CAV, but he bit anyway. Either way, I know you and I can both agree this thread has gotten out of hand, and should be put to an end.
#58 Posted: 20:58:02 07/01/2012
Quote: CAV

That statement is a contradiction.

EDIT: This forum is full of adults? This is showing me that you don't really stray away from this section, because the age group of this site is largely diverse.

Aaand guess who didn't even address the fact that I proved him wrong. Kind of a big oversight there if you're not here to troll. Where are your good points and ideas? Where's the math that shows me you're right? You're posting useless conjecture strictly to fan the flames of argument, and whenever you're called on it, you freak out. No worries though, you're transparent to me, and totally outmatched if you really want to debate anything--which, judging from the contents of your latest empty post, you don't.
#59 Posted: 20:58:40 07/01/2012
Also worth noting, is that I like how you're assuming, just like what I'm accused of doing. You assume this site is mostly adults. You assume of my ignorance.

You also assume I know nothing of TRU, even though I've already clearly stated that people can easily walk into the store, and pay the simple $9-$10 without having to pay shipping, like you would with GM. At least GM is making somewhat of a point when he says how parents can't find it. What you're doing, is simply accusing me of not knowing my math. Rather low.

EDIT: If I'm transparent to you, you can freely stop responding to me. If I'm a troll to you, do what you should with trolls, and ignore me. I'm fanning the flames? You aren't very innocent yourself by constantly responding, claiming you're winning and I'm ignorant because I'm not an adult. Go ahead. Dig a deeper grave.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:59:52 07/01/2012 by CAV
#60 Posted: 20:58:55 07/01/2012

And I hope that you will examine even the people you like with a critical eye when they do something worthy of criticism. As I've said, the original post wasn't the problem, it's how long it's gone on and how much like spam this is all seeming.

GameMaster isn't completely innocent. I advised him way up towards the top to just ignore CAV, but he bit anyway. Either way, I know you and I can both agree this thread has gotten out of hand, and should be put to an end.

Tashi, GameMaster was the one who provoked CAV, whilst trying to act obnoxiously surperior and snobby just because he's an adult.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#61 Posted: 21:00:01 07/01/2012
The whole dS forum is pretty much for all ages, but it's actually targeted towards kids.
The Skylanders forum has mostly adults (I say mostly because I'm only 13 myself and there's still some kids who post here), but the kids or younger teenagers show off more in the other forums.
---
but i love it all smooth
#62 Posted: 21:00:35 07/01/2012
I want this guy to go into the Stuff and Nonsense forum, and see the real trolls.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#63 Posted: 21:00:56 07/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SilentButDeadly
Now I know the word "troll" is given different definitions, but I don't think CAV fits any of those definitions in this case unless he's one of the really good, discreet trolls.

GM is doing something that will make money and get skylanders out to a number of people. CAV is merely expressing/defending his own opinion about it. Nothing inherently wrong with either case, it's just both parties seem to be making a big deal out of it.

I personally agree with CAV that a good kid is one that can learn to live without too many materialistic needs and a good parent is one that doesn't always cater to his/her kids' every whim, but GM's little plan is a good one on his own part.

Do certain people here have selective viewing or something? Is there a little clique of people who like to act like they don't know what they're seeing or saying?

Did no one see me say many times, that I took a loss to help others out? I didn't gain a penny off of these sales. I lost 30-45 cents per set I mailed out to those, whose kids needed these figures.

I guess the part where I stated it again in this reply, will just fall on deaf ears (or in this case, blind eyes).

To the person who said I am advertising, I am not. I made a topic detailing how I beat a scalper to the punch. A scalper who would have made money, instead of helping those in need. This is a "I am mocking scalpers topic," not a "here are Skylanders. Come and get them." I don't remember offering them to anyone here. On the official Facebook page, however, that's a horse of a different color.

EDIT: Nevermind. I know what many of us are dealing with, here. Aura says I provoked CAV, but CAV is the one who flung an insult based on a baseless assumption. CAV didn't have to post in this topic first, with said assumption, which was met with my opinion on the matter.

Maybe someone can tell me... Is Aura someone here who may have been banned before, for their behavior? Is CAV? This is all reminding me of that Ignitor person, who was making a ruckus not too long ago. It's sad when my 9 year old son is acting more mature than some people here.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:04:12 07/01/2012 by GameMaster78
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#64 Posted: 21:01:01 07/01/2012
Hey cav, you count on an abacus and not a calculator. Change your siggy.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#65 Posted: 21:02:46 07/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

To the person who said I am advertising, I am not. I made a topic detailing how I beat a scalper to the punch. A scalper who would have made money, instead of helping those in need. This is a "I am mocking scalpers topic," not a "here are Skylanders. Come and get them." I don't remember offering them to anyone here. On the official Facebook page, however, that's a horse of a different color.

To be fair, you kinda advertised here.

Quote: Monsinour
Hey cav, you count on an abacus and not a calculator. Change your siggy.

It's an inside joke.
#66 Posted: 21:05:07 07/01/2012
I realize GameMaster isn't free of blame in this, but CAV provoked him with obviously inaccurate math. $9 a figure is not anyone ripping anyone off. They start at $7.99, then there's tax, then there's what you pay in gas even to get to the store which, trust me, is more than the 20-30 cent difference between toy + tax and $9. He's not pocketing the shipping, either. With insurance, delivery confirmation, and all the other features he would need to put in place to make it a seamless transaction, he might even be paying over the $5 to ship to certain areas. Not only that, if the shipping did come back cheaper than expected, it is clear to me that he has no intention of pocketing the difference.

Debate whether it's ethical or unethical to sell Skylanders until the end of days; that, at least, is debatable. But if you're going to call someone out on the mathematics of their transaction, for the love of reason, at least make it accurate.

That, is my issue, and nothing he says afterwards will fix it for me. The whole thread, GameMaster's offense to CAV's trolling, and everything of that ilk, is spun from the inaccurate accusation that the whole transaction is a ripoff. If it is, show me better math than mine, because I guarantee you, what I've just said is completely solid. He offers the figures at market price, and cheaper than TRU, for those willing to pay shipping. If CAV thinks the shipping is the problem and GM should be paying it out of pocket, he doesn't understand the fact that the market standard is clients pay for shipping.

Their entire argument was senseless bickering, but if CAV hadn't posted an outright lie/mistake as his main argument, none of this would have happened.

EDIT: Also, who's claiming ignorance? I pretty much told you I like responding to you because it's fun. There's nothing innocent about that. Everybody's got to troll somebody--that's the internet for you. Look up a White Knight Troll if you want an example of what I'm doing to you, if you're so hung up on definitions.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:07:35 07/01/2012 by Tashiji
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#67 Posted: 21:06:02 07/01/2012
Quote:
you count on an abacus not a calculator

^ oooooooh shnap!

* CAV and Monsinour don't hate me for this! I really HAD to do that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:08:47 07/01/2012 by greenlantern511
#68 Posted: 21:07:18 07/01/2012
Maybe someone can tell me... Is Aura someone here who may have been banned before, for their behavior? Is CAV? This is all reminding me of that Ignitor person, who was making a ruckus not too long ago. It's sad when my 9 year old son is acting more mature than some people here.

GameMaster, I am not someone who has been banned before nor is CAV. For a parent, you sure aren't a very mature example of one.
---
#69 Posted: 21:08:36 07/01/2012
I realize GameMaster isn't free of blame in this, but CAV provoked him with obviously inaccurate math. $9 a figure is not anyone ripping anyone off. They start at $7.99, then there's tax, then there's what you pay in gas even to get to the store which, trust me, is more than the 20-30 cent difference between toy + tax and $9. He's not pocketing the shipping, either. With insurance, delivery confirmation, and all the other features he would need to put in place to make it a seamless transaction, he might even be paying over the $5 to ship to certain areas. Not only that, if the shipping did come back cheaper than expected, it is clear to me that he has no intention of pocketing the difference.

The ripoff isn't that he's gaining profit. The ripoff is paying for the shipping, when chances are a store nearby may have them, or may be restocking soon.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#70 Posted: 21:09:02 07/01/2012
Quote: Reimu
Quote: Okaps
While I can't exactly agree with you buying out all of the toys to stop scalpers (and parents) from finding them in the store, you had good intentions.

Well you had good intentions, but now a lot of parents and kids in your city won't be able to find these Skylanders in your store =/ And some of them don't even shop on Internet =(

Beside all this argue here... I'm still worried about that =/
#71 Posted: 21:12:36 07/01/2012 | Topic Creator

Debate whether it's ethical or unethical to sell Skylanders until the end of days; that, at least, is debatable. But if you're going to call someone out on the mathematics of their transaction, for the love of reason, at least make it accurate.

That, is my issue, and nothing he says afterwards will fix it for me. The whole thread, GameMaster's offense to CAV's trolling, and everything of that ilk, is spun from the inaccurate accusation that the whole transaction is a ripoff. If it is, show me better math than mine, because I guarantee you, what I've just said is completely solid. He offers the figures at market price, and cheaper than TRU, for those willing to pay shipping. If CAV thinks the shipping is the problem and GM should be paying it out of pocket, he doesn't understand the fact that the market standard is clients pay for shipping.

Their entire argument was senseless bickering, but if CAV hadn't posted an outright lie/mistake as his main argument, none of this would have happened.

EDIT: Also, who's claiming ignorance? I pretty much told you I like responding to you because it's fun. There's nothing innocent about that. Everybody's got to troll somebody--that's the internet for you. Look up a White Knight Troll if you want an example of what I'm doing to you, if you're so hung up on definitions.

Exactly, Tash.

This is it goes.

8.86 per figure. I asked for 9, since Paypal doesn't allow you to withdrawl change.

I sent out two sets of Sonic and Stump. With the box costs and shipping with delivery confirmation the first order (oddly) came out to 6.15, while the second order came out to 6.30. I find it odd that I got charged two different prices for using the same boxes and shipping.

So 18 bucks for 2 figures, plus 6.15 and 6.30 for shipping on both and you got 24.15 on the first set I sent out and 24.30 on the second set I sent out. So I lost .45 cents on that.

I then helped a person locally, get a Sonic Boom. I bought it for 8.86, but only asked for 8.00 bucks.

Yeah, way for me to make some money today. There was also gas and time factored in, but I don't expect sympathy, because I knew I was going to lose money to help others. That's sort of what it means to help others. Sometimes you take a loss, but it is worth it.

EDIT: Aura, that was a simple question. It deserves a simple answer. I was asking someone else, because they would have answered a bit more maturely than you just did. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:02 07/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#72 Posted: 21:14:34 07/01/2012
Aura may be a little short with people from time to time, but she in no way deserves a banning. She's a contributing member of these forums who is always quick on game-related updates from Facebook and YouTube. She and I may disagree once in a while, but she adds more to DarkSpyro than most, and even having argued with her in the past, I'm first in line to say that.

Also, CAV, I understand that you don't like the shipping charge, but this isn't him ripping anyone off, it's just that it costs money to ship things in the continental United States, and unless you're ordering from places that specifically advertise otherwise (or have catches, like Amazon), that's going to be the customer's responsibility one way or another. It's using overly forceful language like this that starts all the debates you're involved in. It has nothing to do with logic, it's presentation, and had you fully explained yourself, it probably wouldn't have come to this.
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#73 Posted: 21:17:13 07/01/2012
what was this topic about again?
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#74 Posted: 21:17:41 07/01/2012
I've already explained myself that you can just walk into the store and buy it. Only the original game and Sonic Boom were bought online for me (via Amazon).
#75 Posted: 21:18:43 07/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Aura may be a little short with people from time to time, but she in no way deserves a banning. She's a contributing member of these forums who is always quick on game-related updates from Facebook and YouTube. She and I may disagree once in a while, but she adds more to DarkSpyro than most, and even having argued with her in the past, I'm first in line to say that.

Also, CAV, I understand that you don't like the shipping charge, but this isn't him ripping anyone off, it's just that it costs money to ship things in the continental United States, and unless you're ordering from places that specifically advertise otherwise (or have catches, like Amazon), that's going to be the customer's responsibility one way or another. It's using overly forceful language like this that starts all the debates you're involved in. It has nothing to do with logic, it's presentation, and had you fully explained yourself, it probably wouldn't have come to this.

I wouldn't ever ship to someone in my own state. That's why the person I got one of the Sonic Booms to here, met me in person. I also didn't ask for the .86 cents, because they didn't have spare change. I told them 8 will do.

The two sets I sent out, one was to NC and the other WA. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why the charge was more.

Point is, I lost 1.31 helping others today. Don't see the ripping off on that whatsoever. *shrugs*
---
#76 Posted: 21:21:43 07/01/2012
I've already explained myself that you can just walk into the store and buy it. Only the original game and Sonic Boom were bought online for me (via Amazon).

You can't walk into a store and buy it, though. Stores nationwide are stripped bare of Skylanders. I don't know if you're a United States Skylanders player or not; if you're not, that would explain our misunderstanding for sure, but in the U.S., getting Skylanders at all is not simply a matter of going to the store and buying them. It's more like, going to five stores--ten stores--and, if you're lucky, getting a Boomer or Voodood. I haven't seen a Stump Smash or a Sonic Boom on the shelves in over a month, and not for lack of looking. Heck, if Vhraina and I hadn't bought those two very early on, I would take GameMaster up on his offer, because they're so ridiculously hard to find now. He didn't just pluck a bunch of Skylanders from a shelf that would've stayed full had he left it. There's such a frenzy for these figures that even ones that used to clutter every shelf are commodities that fetch upwards of $50 on eBay. Don't believe me? Look up plain old Chop Chop, in a single pack.
#77 Posted: 21:24:07 07/01/2012

You can't walk into a store and buy it, though. Stores nationwide are stripped bare of Skylanders. I don't know if you're a United States Skylanders player or not; if you're not, that would explain our misunderstanding for sure, but in the U.S., getting Skylanders at all is not simply a matter of going to the store and buying them. It's more like, going to five stores--ten stores--and, if you're lucky, getting a Boomer or Voodood. I haven't seen a Stump Smash or a Sonic Boom on the shelves in over a month, and not for lack of looking. Heck, if Vhraina and I hadn't bought those two very early on, I would take GameMaster up on his offer, because they're so ridiculously hard to find now. He didn't just pluck a bunch of Skylanders from a shelf that would've stayed full had he left it. There's such a frenzy for these figures that even ones that used to clutter every shelf are commodities that fetch upwards of $50 on eBay. Don't believe me? Look up plain old Chop Chop, in a single pack.

Well, it doesn't solve the issue Now the kids and parents in his city will walk in the store and see an empty shelf because he bought them. His intention is good, but it doesn't solve the issue at all, it stays exactly the same, as maybe there's no one in his city selling these on eBay anyway.
#78 Posted: 21:28:23 07/01/2012
Quote: Reimu

Well, it doesn't solve the issue Now the kids and parents in his city will walk in the store and see an empty shelf because he bought them. His intention is good, but it doesn't solve the issue at all, it stays exactly the same, as maybe there's no one in his city selling these on eBay anyway.

I won't disagree or agree with that. It's not my place to pass judgment on something as debatable as what's ethical and what's not. My issue from the start with CAV has never been what side of the ethics debate he's on--that opinion, he's at least entitled to. It's been the baseless accusations of "ripoff" that have gotten me involved, and when that's done, so am I. Everything else, people can debate until they're blue in the face, and it's no concern of mine. However, and it doesn't matter what way anyone feels about the ethics involved, the math is solid and his deal is on the level. Saying "I disagree with you" and calling someone a con artist when they're not are two very different things.
#79 Posted: 21:30:43 07/01/2012
Oh, I'm not even talking about the ethic here, I'm just worried about the parents and kids that will find the shelves empty because he bought them. It just moves the issue to another place. GameMaster supplies the othen ones that can't find these, but the ones that walked to the store were unable to find the figures because he bought them. I don't know if I'm clear...
#80 Posted: 21:31:24 07/01/2012

I'm a US Skylanders player. I walked into Toysrus the other day, and found Skylanders just fine. I had to rummage a bit to find some other than Boomer and Voodood, but I found it just fine. It's dependent on location, yes, but it's still not a huge deal. Due to high demand for the figures, it's natural that Activision will try to make more and have stores restock them. Maybe it's just me, but I would wait for the stores to restock. That's what I'll be doing when Cynder is released, and she's snatched off the shelf within minutes.

Ebay is often rather expensive with certain items. I frankly don't shop there. If I ever use online shopping, I shop at Amazon, particularly because if the item is purchased from them or someone they're associated with and the total cost is over $25, it's free shipping. Though I'd advise against trying Amazon, since Skylanders there are overpriced as well. I suggest waiting for restock.
#81 Posted: 21:32:47 07/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Well it does, and I explained this. Here in Oklahoma City, there is a 60 year old man who can literally almost be everywhere at once. It's sad, really. He travels with his mother and acts dumb when you confront him about being a scalper.

He knows EVERYTHING about anything that is worth something. He owns a toy store and jacks the price of a 10.00 dollar Transformer, to 45.00 bucks in his own store. Why? Because, he snatches them all up, so people will get desperate and buy them from his store.

He doesn't even sell games, but he sells Skylanders. Hmm..

In anycase, here in Oklahoma City, we are divided into sections. Southside, northside, Midwest City, Moore, Yukon, Edmond and Norman. He hits ALL stores in this vicinity, loading up baskets full of EVERYTHING he can. He will go after all the toys, even things like NERF.

So, had I not bought all of those, WHILE KIDS WERE IN SCHOOL AND PARENTS AT WORK, he would have snatched those up before a parent could even go check to see if they had any. Here's another reason why my intentions weren't only good, but well warranted. Who here has experience calling Walmart? I do, that's for sure. I have called Wal-Mart many times from inside the store, asked if they had something, they'll say "hang on, let me check." Now I'm one aisle away from this person I'm talking to, looking right at them. They will stay at their register, only to come back to the phone and say "I'm sorry. We don't have any." Complaining about it won't do anything, either. You simply can't damage Walmart enough, that they have to care about customer service. That's why they're the biggest retail chain in the world.

So, parents could call while at work, they would hear two things: "Yes, we have them. We are not allowed to hold them." Parent loses. Second thing they could hear: "No, we don't have them." Parent loses to a potential lie.

Those two reasons, PLUS the scalper, PLUS no one ever knows when each individual store is going to get stock, because they come straight from Activision, not said stores' distribution center.

EDIT: This was in response to Reimu's second to last post.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:34:41 07/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#82 Posted: 21:32:57 07/01/2012
You're very clear, and that may very well be true. I absolutely don't disagree, and it's not why I'm here anyway. His plan is that, at least, this way he can eliminate the involvement of scalpers, which he isn't, because the math doesn't add up to the accusation in that regard. It's fine if anybody wants to get involved for an ethical reason, but everyone's got to give it a rest about the prices, which are clearly on the level.

Edit: Yes, CAV, eBay is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, etc., that's true, but it's also an accurate measuring stick of the "real" value of an item, and there's no denying these have appreciated greatly in the last month as supplies have dwindled. Activision posted an official Facebook status update about the lack of stock, even, so it's not as though I'm manufacturing this problem to prove a point. It's out there, it's an issue buyers will always deal with (at least in some capacity) until Activision figures out how to keep shelves stocked, and the OP is offering a way around it for those interested--he's not even making a profit, unlike literally everyone else you can buy these figures from online. Mathematically, the offer is on the level. Everything else, well, you're entitled to your opinion.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:36:13 07/01/2012 by Tashiji
#83 Posted: 21:36:11 07/01/2012
EDIT: Aura, that was a simple question. It deserves a simple answer. I was asking someone else, because they would have answered a bit more maturely than you just did. smilie

GameMaster, you are one oversensitive adult.
---
#84 Posted: 21:40:27 07/01/2012
Well it does, and I explained this. Here in Oklahoma City, there is a 60 year old man who can literally almost be everywhere at once. It's sad, really. He travels with his mother and acts dumb when you confront him about being a scalper.

He knows EVERYTHING about anything that is worth something. He owns a toy store and jacks the price of a 10.00 dollar Transformer, to 45.00 bucks in his own store. Why? Because, he snatches them all up, so people will get desperate and buy them from his store.

He doesn't even sell games, but he sells Skylanders. Hmm..

In anycase, here in Oklahoma City, we are divided into sections. Southside, northside, Midwest City, Moore, Yukon, Edmond and Norman. He hits ALL stores in this vicinity, loading up baskets full of EVERYTHING he can. He will go after all the toys, even things like NERF.

So, had I not bought all of those, WHILE KIDS WERE IN SCHOOL AND PARENTS AT WORK, he would have snatched those up before a parent could even go check to see if they had any. Here's another reason why my intentions weren't only good, but well warranted. Who here has experience calling Walmart? I do, that's for sure. I have called Wal-Mart many times from inside the store, asked if they had something, they'll say "hang on, let me check." Now I'm one aisle away from this person I'm talking to, looking right at them. They will stay at their register, only to come back to the phone and say "I'm sorry. We don't have any." Complaining about it won't do anything, either. You simply can't damage Walmart enough, that they have to care about customer service. That's why they're the biggest retail chain in the world.

So, parents could call while at work, they would hear two things: "Yes, we have them. We are not allowed to hold them." Parent loses. Second thing they could hear: "No, we don't have them." Parent loses to a potential lie.

Those two reasons, PLUS the scalper, PLUS no one ever knows when each individual store is going to get stock, because they come straight from Activision, not said stores' distribution center.

EDIT: This was in response to Reimu's second to last post.

Seriously... calm down... you are giving an answer after I asked thrice. I was just ASKING and WORRIED. Damn...
#85 Posted: 21:41:21 07/01/2012
He's getting too defensive.
---
#86 Posted: 21:42:45 07/01/2012
I'm out, I'm tired of this it's just stupid, I'm sure I have something better to do.
#87 Posted: 21:43:45 07/01/2012

Edit: Yes, CAV, eBay is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, etc., that's true, but it's also an accurate measuring stick of the "real" value of an item, and there's no denying these have appreciated greatly in the last month as supplies have dwindled. Activision posted an official Facebook status update about the lack of stock, even, so it's not as though I'm manufacturing this problem to prove a point. It's out there, it's an issue buyers will always deal with (at least in some capacity) until Activision figures out how to keep shelves stocked, and the OP is offering a way around it for those interested--he's not even making a profit, unlike literally everyone else you can buy these figures from online. Mathematically, the offer is on the level. Everything else, well, you're entitled to your opinion.

To me, I would use Ebay for selling things I can't sell anywhere else (i.e. Those Bionicle pieces I still have from when I was 10). But it's not somewhere I would shop.

Activision didn't expect the game to be a hit, as you hinted at earlier. So generally, it's no surprise that there would be an eventually famine of Skylanders. Though I still wouldn't go out and pay extra when I can just wait for the people to restock. I don't shop online when the shipping isn't free, because I can easily just check if the item is in stock in the actual store.
#88 Posted: 21:43:53 07/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm not mad, lol. I'm explaining how this old fool works this city clean of almost ALL toys.

See, he's 60 and retired with tons of money... aparently. He has more time to look while parents bust their butt at work and their kids are at school.

He has more time on his side. That's why I work against him, helping others. My career in life, allows me enough time to scope out stores, but for the polar opposite of why he does. I seek to help others, he seeks to pocket coin, thinking if he died tomrrow, he could spend it in the afterlife.

EDIT: Again, this is a response to Reimu. Sheesh. I keep forgetting to just hit the quote button.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:44:39 07/01/2012 by GameMaster78
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#89 Posted: 21:46:32 07/01/2012
why is everyone acting so stupid its up to GameMaster what he does whether he was scalping doesn't matter to you so get over it jeez at least he isn't charging Ebay prices when he could be.
---
I Have: 37/37
#90 Posted: 21:48:51 07/01/2012
We're not talking about that, Skater. We were talking about the way GameMaster was acting towards some users here.
---
#91 Posted: 21:49:20 07/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, I wasn't scalping to begin with. I made this topic, for the sheer fact we could all laugh at how a scalper failed to get two of the most sought after elements, for this game.

Then mudflinging started and one thing leads to another. Human nature, ya know?

Funny thing is, peeps think I'm mad. As a screenwriter, I talk a lot, think a lot and am very descriptive in everything I post. It's a habit. smilie
---
#92 Posted: 21:53:27 07/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm in Oklahoma City myself. We have a crap-ton of Walmarts, Targets, Best Buys, Gamestops and 3 Toys R Us'.

We have been having a hard time keeping stock. ALL Target's in my location haven't restocked singles since the week before Christmas. I asked a manager I know, they simply said they can't get ahold of any.

Walmart has started trying to restock, but would you find it odd, that one Walmart here isn't allowed to carry them by Activision? That's what the employee told me anyway.

Best Buy's are out, and Toys R Us are getting 2 boxes of 6 at a time. Yeah, 12 single packs a week, for a 12 foot Skylanders display.

That's how hard it is here... for now...
---
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#93 Posted: 21:53:28 07/01/2012
We're not talking about that, Skater. We were talking about the way GameMaster was acting towards some users here.

its because someone said he was "ripping people off" all this stuff started.

also Skylanders are almost impossible to get hold of in the UK where i am been to 3 shops looked online at about 5/6 websites everywhere is "out of stock" luckily i have almost all released figures but both my fiancee and sister are looking at getting it and they probably wont be able to get hold of any single Skylanders atm
---
I Have: 37/37
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:56:25 07/01/2012 by Skaterpunkdan
#94 Posted: 22:00:58 07/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skaterpunkdan

its because someone said he was "ripping people off" all this stuff started.

also Skylanders are almost impossible to get hold of in the UK where i am been to 3 shops looked online at about 5/6 websites everywhere is "out of stock" luckily i have almost all released figures but both my fiancee and sister are looking at getting it and they probably wont be able to get hold of any single Skylanders atm

If they were easy to get ahold of -

1: I wouldn't be trying to help others get them.

2: Parents wouldnt be fuming on the official page, about how they can't get ahold of any for their kids.

3: Skylanders wouldn't have issued a statement about the issue at hand.

I was worried this game wouldn't take off at first, but clearly I was wrong. The only way stores will be uber stocked again, is if Activision sends about 20 boxes of wave 3 stuff to stores, like I saw them do to my local Toys R Us, with wave 2.

They need to make sure to release a ton of Empire of Ice, the new triple pack, and the new single packs, which will surely keep the scalpers at bay.

One thing I hope Activision learns from all of this... DON'T RELEASE EXCLUSIVES! Just let it go to all stores I say.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#95 Posted: 00:56:37 08/01/2012
Oh my....I should visit the Skylanders board MUCH more often! smilie

But, things seem wrapped up for now, so I won't input anything right now.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#96 Posted: 01:03:08 08/01/2012
I know! As the Skylanders Board Turns, right? I never thought such drama could exist over games and toys, but on these forums, it's everywhere.
#97 Posted: 01:04:30 08/01/2012
This ain't drama. This is a civilized debate....

.....at least on CAV and Aura's side of things.
---
#98 Posted: 01:08:51 08/01/2012
Aw, you're forgetting my side. It's easy to ignore a neutral perspective, but the logic is sound.
#99 Posted: 01:17:01 08/01/2012
I didn't ignore anyone's side. CAV's was neutral. You were blatantly defending GameMaster, and both of you seemed pretty aggresive, and you were kind of losing it, by calling CAV a troll. If CAV is a troll, then I'm a Catholic.
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me