Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
David: 1 Scalpers: 0 [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 19:12:15 06/01/2012 | Topic Creator
So I walked into my local Walmart today, to see if they had any new Skylanders.

They restocked, but with wave 1 (?) stuff. I bought all of the rarest characters, with one goal in mind (you can see this on the official SL FB page), to help kids who need the air and life elements.

Look at this pic I took, lol.

[User Posted Image]

I am now calling myself: "the good - Skylanders - samaritan."

EAT IT SCALPERS WHO MAY LEECH OFF THIS SITE FOR INFO! *waves middle finger*

I am trying to get some parent, who has a kid in need of one of these elements, to bite. I'm asking 9 bucks for the figure, plus whatever it costs for very bare shipping (I assume 5 bucks).

Here's hoping I can help some kids out.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#2 Posted: 19:17:33 06/01/2012
That's incredibly nice of you, actually. You can also put them on eBay, without the open auction feature enabled, with a "Buy it Now" of $9 + shipping. It'll be cheaper for you to ship with the eBay labels as well, and you can also take sales from the scalpers directly this way. Just a suggestion, though. In any case, great work! It's nice to see someone who's making figures available and not aiming to profit.
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#3 Posted: 19:22:40 06/01/2012
Good Job man!!!
I know lots of people where I live, are having sooo much trouble finding "air" characters. Feel sad when I see their kids crying in a store.
Nice of you to be like that, I would try to do something similar but there are never any air elements anywhere.
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#4 Posted: 19:24:35 06/01/2012
That is very nice of you. I myself had a lot of trouble finding air and life element skylanders.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#5 Posted: 19:25:18 06/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Tashiji, I would, but I sometimes wonder if scalpers lurk for good deals on Ebay, so they can turn around and sell them for profit?

In anycase, elaborate more. Does this mean you aren't charged fees for selling?
---
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#6 Posted: 19:27:33 06/01/2012
Nice one man!
Doomsword Green Sparx Gems: 235
#7 Posted: 19:46:13 06/01/2012
David, do you need any wave 2 figures? My local TRU just restocked with 3 packs of Eruptor, Chop Chop, & Bash & also Zap, Hex & Dino Rang. They also have singles of Wrecking Ball, Hex, Zap, Dino Rang, & Eruptor. I could go pick them up & we could trade. I could use 2 of the Stump Smash & 1 Sonic Boom. I am getting them for myself & also my Niece & Nephew. I already have Sonic Boom, but they don't. Also to the rest of the board my offer would stand as well. I am mainly looking for a 3 pack of Prism Break, Boomer, & Voodood, & also the 3 pack with Drobot, Flameslinger, & Stump Smash. Singles of those would work as well.
Spyro-Dragma Green Sparx Gems: 169
#8 Posted: 19:49:33 06/01/2012
air was quite hard for me but life is easy to get where i am
---
Skylanders i have: [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie]
"The Beam is Supreme"
#9 Posted: 19:56:16 06/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Tashiji, I would, but I sometimes wonder if scalpers lurk for good deals on Ebay, so they can turn around and sell them for profit?

In anycase, elaborate more. Does this mean you aren't charged fees for selling?

Sadly, it's a risk on Facebook or these forums as well. Dishonest folks flock to charitable offers, and even possible honest parents may hock Skylanders on the side; perhaps to afford more for their kids. At least, on eBay, you can see who you're selling to by looking through their feedback--it shows all their sales, who they sold to, and what they sold--so you'll know a scalper when you see one.

You aren't charged fees for selling unless you exceed 100 sales per month, or $5000 in total sales per month. I've been using eBay to get rid of old books and things we find we don't need anymore for years, and all they charge you for, if you keep within these parameters, are the shipping labels. Those are worth it, because from what I've seen, they're cheaper than paying in person, and you can print and affix them at home, thus saving yourself a trip and a wait in line to ship them.

You're also free to refund purchases, so, if you find that your buyer is a scalper, just send them their money back and re-list your item.

Vhraina and I sold a loose Voodood we were given for about $5 + shipping, it went to an honest parent, and shipping was less than $2. The only downside is that, for a new seller, you'll have to wait until the buyer receives their merchandise before the payments will post to your PayPal, but that really doesn't take anywhere near as long as the site estimates.
#10 Posted: 20:50:21 06/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Well I got one parent, who seems legit, wanting a Stump Smash and Sonic Boom, so there goes one set. It seems kosher, but thanks for the info. If I don't get many bites for these figures, I may just return them to the store. Less for the scalpers to get ahold of, the better.
---
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#11 Posted: 21:04:30 06/01/2012
While I can't exactly agree with you buying out all of the toys to stop scalpers (and parents) from finding them in the store, you had good intentions.

I would suggest to browse forums looking for people having trouble finding those two and PM them with your offer. They could all be just stories, but it would be a more personal sale.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#12 Posted: 21:09:35 06/01/2012
At least, this way, it's more likely to go to a kid at a reasonable price. It's not like scalpers aren't out there buying up whole shipments...
Doomsword Green Sparx Gems: 235
#13 Posted: 21:28:39 06/01/2012
I sent you a pm David.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#14 Posted: 21:34:42 06/01/2012
Quote: Okaps
While I can't exactly agree with you buying out all of the toys to stop scalpers (and parents) from finding them in the store, you had good intentions.

Well you had good intentions, but now a lot of parents and kids in your city won't be able to find these Skylanders in your store =/ And some of them don't even shop on Internet =(
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#15 Posted: 22:02:22 06/01/2012
Think you'll be doing this when the new ones come out?

It is pretty cool of you.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#16 Posted: 03:07:05 07/01/2012
I know if you were doing it when the new Wave comes out (and were willing to ship internationally), I would be tempted. I hate that people try to rip others off so badly with these figures!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#17 Posted: 05:12:21 07/01/2012
Do you have any others? I might be interested.
MonkeyBones Green Sparx Gems: 155
#18 Posted: 05:32:20 07/01/2012
PM sent I have driven about 300 miles since Christmas looking for an air pet and I get told the same thing srry someone just came in and bought all we had
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#19 Posted: 05:44:48 07/01/2012
So you're essentially ripping people off?

That's rather low if you ask me.
SuperMegaBoss10 Green Sparx Gems: 461
#20 Posted: 07:48:47 07/01/2012
^I agree. People can do watever they want with the stuff that they buy.
---
Like A Boss!
SkylandersBoy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1129
#21 Posted: 13:17:18 07/01/2012
Great, that's really nice.
---
Swap Force is just plain awesome!
I'm not related to the SkylanderKids.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Skylanderster
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#22 Posted: 16:21:58 07/01/2012
Quote: CAV

How is he ripping people off? He is giving people what they want at a very good price!
I know some retail stores where I am.... they want $9.99 plus tax per figure....also there is gas and your time to factor in.
I am not sure what you mean CAV???
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
#23 Posted: 16:26:32 07/01/2012
CAV just likes to troll. That, or he doesn't understand things very well. Either way, not worth the time or attention.
#24 Posted: 17:54:01 07/01/2012
^This
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4185
#25 Posted: 18:04:44 07/01/2012
If CAV is a troll then Spyro is a pony.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:05:08 07/01/2012 by zzsdf
BeanyBeans Emerald Sparx Gems: 3061
#26 Posted: 18:05:07 07/01/2012
i agree with tashiji
---
My avatar: Halo 5
#27 Posted: 18:09:44 07/01/2012
Quote: JAP28

How is he ripping people off? He is giving people what they want at a very good price!
I know some retail stores where I am.... they want $9.99 plus tax per figure....also there is gas and your time to factor in.
I am not sure what you mean CAV???

He's ripping people off because stores around me sell it for $7. Toysrus is the only store I know that sells it for $10, and even then, they don't charge $5+ for shipping costs. It's ripping people off.

CAV just likes to troll. That, or he doesn't understand things very well. Either way, not worth the time or attention.

You clearly don't understand what a troll is, or how to identify one.

I'm not a troll. What I'm saying here isn't just to get on people's nerves. I'm merely expressing my opinion about certain things. And my opinion is that I really don't people that sell something more than it should be, then call themselves a good person that's trying to help out parents. Is there really a problem with me saying this? Are you calling me a troll simply because I'm saying something negative about someone you seem to like?

If I'm what you call a troll, then god help you when you find an actual troll to deal with.
BeanyBeans Emerald Sparx Gems: 3061
#28 Posted: 18:11:09 07/01/2012
wow cav shut up you're such a big troll
---
My avatar: Halo 5
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#29 Posted: 18:12:43 07/01/2012
the figure in futurshop cost 10 as well
---
THE END IS NEAR
#30 Posted: 18:18:58 07/01/2012 | Topic Creator

BWAHAHAHA! AHAHAHA! HAHA!

You got jokes, son. Look, if you have nothing nice to say, you have nothing to say to me.

Sonic Boom is going for 27 bucks before shipping on Ebay.

So let's do some math now, sport. 9 bucks (after tax), plus 6 dollars shipping (includes the price of the box), is what? 15 bucks? I think something's wrong with your math, champ. They are paying exactly what I paid, but like buying from online, they are paying for shipping.

To those who PM'd me about a set, I regret that I have ran out. I helped some lady get a set for her son, and I helped a father get a set for his two kids.

HOWEVER, I am always helping people out, so as soon as I come into contact of more, I will respond to those PM's, should those who sent me a PM still not have the characters.

EDIT: And CAV, think logically for a second. We here in Oklahoma City have been under a penny sales tax since 1993. A 7.99 figure after tax, is 8.86. OH, LORD! I rounded it up 14 whole cents. You know why? BECAUSE PAYPAL DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO WITHDRAWL CHANGE! Think, man... Think.

EDIT 2: Just to make you feel even more foolish, because assumptions are the mother of all **** ups, I actually took a 30 cent loss per set I mailed out. Fancy that.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:23:48 07/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#31 Posted: 18:24:41 07/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Look, if you have nothing nice to say, you have nothing to say to me.

Sonic Boom is going for 27 bucks before shipping on Ebay.

So let's do some math now, sport. 9 bucks (after tax), plus 6 dollars shipping (includes the price of the box), is what? 15 bucks? I think something's wrong with your math, champ. They are paying exactly what I paid, but like buying from online, they are paying for shipping.

I have something to say. It isn't positive, sure. But I shouldn't have to stay quiet just because you laugh at it, or the others don't like it.

Please note that Ebay isn't the only place you can buy Skylanders toys. The other places are sold out? Oh no! It's not like they can just wait for the stores to restock!

The funny part is that you don't have to buy them online. You can walk to the store like I did, and buy them in person, avoiding the shipping costs.

EDIT: New York has a sales tax too. It's still cheaper without shipping.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:25:25 07/01/2012 by CAV
#32 Posted: 18:30:11 07/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Do you have kids, CAV? You surely don't seem to. Us - good - parents, don't like to see our kids' disappointed. We like to see their days brightened by a smile on their faces.

I wouldn't have wasted my time grabbing these figures, if many parents weren't on the Facebook page, threatening to boycott because they're too hard to find, while old scalpers have all day to look for them, to fulfill their empty lives.

I'm smarter than that.

I don't like my generosity being called into question, especially when I am not only wasting gas to help others, but I am taking a slight loss to get these into the hands of kids who are desperately seeking them.

Not all stores work the same. Your city doesn't equal all cities in the world. One of my Walmarts doesn't even carry Skylander figures, just the game. They don't even have a store display. Fancy that... again.

Assumptions are the mother of all **** ups, just remember that. I lost gas, time, and money in order to help kids and their parents who are less lucky to find them.

EDIT: That's nice that New York has a sales tax. However, they have a crappy economy, too. I live in a city where us voters keep a penny tax going, which better upgrades this city. Our gas hasn't been above 3.00 in a while. We got a 650 million dollar new highway, while the old version is tore down. We have an NBA team, thanks to us citizens. We now have the nations largest IMAX and second biggest screen in the world. We built a 50 story tall skyscraper, and our economy is seen as recession proof, at the expense of higher taxes.

So New York =/= Oklahoma City. 8.86 rounded up, is 9. I guess if people complain over 14 cents, I should be a greed-a-lox and complain over my lost gas, time, and 30 cents per set I ship out, right? WRONG! I have better things to gripe about.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:34:18 07/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#33 Posted: 18:40:02 07/01/2012
How can I have kids when I'm only 15? However, I know well enough that my parents would do the right thing and wait for them to restock.
What you just said there is that good parents have to give their kids material objects in order to be happy. You're essentially teaching kids that material objects is the key to life. I wouldn't raise my kids like that. You're basically catering to parents that give in to their kids' whining. I don't condone that. My parents raised me differently.

That's the parents' fault. Not your's. Not mine. They can't sit and wait for a restock. They feel the need to give into their kids. That isn't our problem.

Of course it doesn't. But eventually, you can easily go look somewhere else, or just ****ing give up. It's not the end of the world because you can't find Stump Smash.

It's not my fault you spent well over $1000 on duplicates of toys you already had, then spend even more to just sell it to desperate parents with spoiled kids. You losing gas, time and money is not my fault. It's only your's for basically giving to spoiled kids, whom would then be raised that they'll get everything they want if they whine and beg for it.

EDIT: Did I ever say New York is like your town? No. I only pointed out that I have a sales tax too.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:42:30 07/01/2012 by CAV
#34 Posted: 19:04:28 07/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I can see why you jumped the gun on me, then. There are certain people who can be very mature at the age of 15. However, there are some that display that age well.

You're miscontruing my words now (ie putting words in my mouth) by saying that good parents have to buy materials for their kids to be happy. No parent likes to see their kids crying. It was Activisions fault for not producing enough figures, because they didn't want to risk having tons of stock, if the game failed. They should have prepped for if the game was a smash hit... which it was.

If your kids get something for Christmas, but find out they need two of the hardest elements to find in order to 100% the game, naturally a good parent will make sure they have a complete product. There is nothing wrong with that. That's Activision's bad... again. However, at the same time, you got idiotic scalpers (be it young or old) who care more about money, than the kids this game is tailoring to. So, again, parents have to BUY these figures for their kids, before they run out over and over. That's called common sense.

It's not the parent's faults, either, when they don't know when stores are restocked. I just found out, right now, that TRU had a restock of figures, when they told me they only get figures on Thursday. How can parents keep up, if they're told one thing, but it's not the case? Common sense... again.

Me spending 1k+ on this game has nothing to do with this debate, so it's odd you even bring it up. Me helping desperate parents is not a bad thing. You're assuming... again... with saying kids are spoiled, when they want to have a complete game to play.

And on the point about spoiled kids, what does your high-horse attitude say about you? Maybe you're too judgmental. When you enter the real world in the next three years, you better not go into it with that attitude, or you won't make it very far.

None of these parents were told by their kids "hey, mommy, you better get your butt on that Facebook page and find me some Skylanders or else." No, it's concerned parents knowing they have a real issue to face... scalpers. You're not a parent, or an adult, so I don't expect you to understand any of this.

I will simply say, again, assumptions are the mother of all **** ups. Assuming I am here to cater to spoiled kids: assumption. Assuming I am here to rip people off (which contradicts the first statement): assumption. Assuming these kids who can't wait are spoiled to the point they're making their parents go on Facebook to express their disappointment: assumption. Assuming the parents are being impatient, when they could just not keep tabs on the internet 24/7 like us: assumption.

It's all assumptions. That's not a trait, such an upstanding 15-year old citizen *sarcasm* should be displaying. It won't get you anywhere in life.

Take the advice, or leave it. If you have nothing nice to say, I will simply ignore it. That's what "adults" do. I won't entertain a debate from someone who sought to run their mouth, before taking the time to think with some logic.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:06:14 07/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#35 Posted: 19:22:08 07/01/2012
I really don't know if I should bother continuing to respond to you if you're going to talk down to me simply because I'm 15. I went through that **** with Riverhippo, as well as Legendofspyrofan. You talk to me about going into the real world. I've learned enough that a parent shouldn't raise a spoiled kid. Yes, I'm assume this, but chances are that at least one of those parents on that Facebook page has a spoiled kid.

What you are doing is showing me arrogance that has been gained by age. That because I'm under 18, I know nothing and you're automatically correct. That I don't use logical thinking, and only you do. That because you're a parent, I should just shut my mouth because I don't know how it is. That I don't understand anything. What you're doing now is assuming, the same thing you accuse me of doing.

Ignoring negative feedback won't get you anywhere either, because it's everywhere. Closing the doors, shutting the windows, and covering your ears shouting "LALALALALALALA" is not the proper way to deal with such feedback. I admired you for responding and bringing intellegent responses............up until this post where the basic message of your latest post is "You won't understand because you're not an adult".

When you want to talk to me as a normal human being, ignore the age, and have an actual, calm talk about this, feel free to send me a PM. But if you're going to keep talking down to me, I have no reason to continue. You're the kind of person that makes me think twice of being a parent, because I don't want to have the same swelled head as you because having kids gave you a superiority complex against anyone that isn't over 18.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:24:32 07/01/2012 by CAV
#36 Posted: 19:50:41 07/01/2012
YAY More CAV dooshing smilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#37 Posted: 20:07:24 07/01/2012
I'm with CAV on this one. He seems to make more sense and GameMaster just seems butthurt over a little negative feedback out of all the postive feedback he/she is getting, wow that's very adult isn't it /sarcasm/ And also, I thought you're not allowed to advertise about certain things without permission? Or am I wrong on that one?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:09:42 07/01/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#38 Posted: 20:11:47 07/01/2012
GameMaster, from what I've seen from you on here, and on FaceBook, you are not making a good example of being a "good" parent whatsoever with your butthurtness and immature accusations. Whining and complaining like a child all because the unreleased toys aren't released in one go like you wanted Activision to do isn't getting you nowhere nor is it going to solve anything. For a self-proclaimed "good" parent, you sure aren't acting like one.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:15:36 07/01/2012 by Aura24
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#39 Posted: 20:19:34 07/01/2012
Excuse me for barging in, but I don't think GM wants all the toys released in one go.
I think they mean they don't like how there's months between waves, which are only 3 toys each, which is just ridiculous. I mean, April to June for 5 figures and then September for 1? Just ****ing ridiculous.
---
but i love it all smooth
#40 Posted: 20:22:20 07/01/2012
You haven't seen his comments on Facebook. This guy has been complaining about the toys nonstop, acting like getting them is a way of life or something. If he was a "good" parent like he claims to be, then he would be mature enough to be patient and do something else with his life and his children, instead of acting like a child and trying to act smart to users under 20 on here all because he's an adult.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:25:04 07/01/2012 by Aura24
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#41 Posted: 20:31:05 07/01/2012
No, I haven't been on FB to read the comments ever since I read the Silver Skylanders page, with a ton of comments yelling "I DUN CARE! I WANT MY CYNDER!!!!111!!!". Scared me away.

Can I see some of his comments?
Ah, I see. Thanks for letting me know.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:32:13 07/01/2012 by LevanJess
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#42 Posted: 20:33:32 07/01/2012
As a parent, I think that what gamemaster is doing is a good thing. However some of the comments directed toward cav have been made with a superiority sense to them. However cav, you are presenting as a typical teenager with a know-it-all complex. You might be mature for a 15 year old child, but you still are a child and really are clueless on some of the grander things in life. The best advice I can give to you cav is this :

Keep your mind open, don't believe all you see and hear, actively listen to elders attempting to pass on knowledge, and that whole opinion thing I posted a while back.

@gamemaster : keep up the good work.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#43 Posted: 20:33:46 07/01/2012
CAV, of course you're trolling. What else do you call this nonsense? You've completely derailed a well-meaning thread into something that practically has to be deleted at this point. Textbook trolling. Not only that, I'm familiar with your history on these forums, and this is far from the only time you've pulled this nonsense. As for everything else you posted, tl;dr.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:36:49 07/01/2012 by Tashiji
#44 Posted: 20:35:58 07/01/2012
CAV is not trolling, I thought he was just expressing an opinion, and the people that actually like GM's idea are now getting butthurt and so are now calling CAV a troll in defence. When he obviously is not trolling, how is expressing a different opinion to others trolling? And also for one thing I can see what CAV is talking about.
---
#45 Posted: 20:36:32 07/01/2012
CAV, of course you're trolling. What else do you call this nonsense? You've completely derailed a well-meaning thread into something that practically has to be deleted at this point. Textbook trolling. As for everything else you posted, tl;dr.

If you didn't read it, how would you really know I'm trolling, rather than just expressing my opinion?
#46 Posted: 20:38:28 07/01/2012
CAV, of course you're trolling. What else do you call this nonsense? You've completely derailed a well-meaning thread into something that practically has to be deleted at this point. Textbook trolling. As for everything else you posted, tl;dr.

If you didn't read it, how would you really know I'm trolling, rather than just expressing my opinion?

Because you post the same exact crap in every thread. I didn't just randomly not read it; I've concluded, based on weeks of evidence, that you as a poster are not worth reading. You never have anything useful or constructive to say, so I've stopped wasting my time. It's just not worth the effort it takes to make you look stupid; you do a fine job of that on your own.
#47 Posted: 20:39:29 07/01/2012
I don't think advertising like this should be allowed on darkSpyro, it shouldn't be treated as an eBay or a Amazon, it's a site for friendly banter and conversations, not advertising. Where's dark52 when you want him? If this rule was in place, none of this would be happening. Simple.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:40:41 07/01/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#48 Posted: 20:40:27 07/01/2012

Because you post the same exact crap in every thread. I didn't just randomly not read it; I've concluded, based on weeks of evidence, that you as a poster are not worth reading. You never have anything useful or constructive to say, so I've stopped wasting my time. It's just not worth the effort it takes to make you look stupid; you do a fine job of that on your own.

Tashi, you obviously don't know the difference between trolling and expressing opinions.
---
#49 Posted: 20:43:10 07/01/2012

If that's what you believe, so be it. Though I frankly enjoy expressing my opinion of things, whether it be positive or negative. I wouldn't be getting on your case if you kept posting negative things about something I like (even though I still like Skylanders). So why do it to me? If I'm not worth your time, why still respond to me?

Though one last thing worth noting: Please take another look at your definition of troll. There may be something wrong with it. From what I remember, a troll is someone that derails a topic, and posts off topic things in an attempt to get people angry purposely. I'm not trying to get people angry. If they do, it's up to them, not me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:44:12 07/01/2012 by CAV
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#50 Posted: 20:43:54 07/01/2012
Now I know the word "troll" is given different definitions, but I don't think CAV fits any of those definitions in this case unless he's one of the really good, discreet trolls.

GM is doing something that will make money and get skylanders out to a number of people. CAV is merely expressing/defending his own opinion about it. Nothing inherently wrong with either case, it's just both parties seem to be making a big deal out of it.

I personally agree with CAV that a good kid is one that can learn to live without too many materialistic needs and a good parent is one that doesn't always cater to his/her kids' every whim, but GM's little plan is a good one on his own part.
---
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me