Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Possible "Wave Three" delivery date and TV show rumor...
Page 1 of 1
Possible "Wave Three" delivery date and TV show rumor... [CLOSED]
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#1 Posted: 06:12:24 06/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I have a friend who works in the electronics section of our local Shopko.

He told me today they may be expecting a new shipment January 15th or 16th.
(They do get deliveries on Sundays)

This isn't set in stone, but my buddy was told to be ready.

One other rumor I heard of.
A Skylander cartoon *MIGHT* be in the works at Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network, due to the phenominal sales of Skylanders stuff.
Just look at the "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" cartoon and merchandise.

(I confess! I confess! I'm a Brony!) smilie
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10097
#2 Posted: 06:18:44 06/01/2012
I wonder how long it would take them to make a Skylanders TV show...?
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#3 Posted: 06:20:10 06/01/2012
Quote: C1nder
I wonder how long it would take them to make a Skylanders TV show...?

Might depend on what type of animation they go with...
dantilly Blue Sparx Gems: 778
#4 Posted: 06:22:18 06/01/2012
A cartoon would make perfect sense I hope they go for it!

As an adult who hates most modern cartoons I definitely would give it a shot
---
Wreck-N-Roll!!
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#5 Posted: 06:24:40 06/01/2012
Please, please, PLEASE come out on the 15th Wave 3!
It's a Sunday, I get paid, and I have two people willing to drive me to the store! XD

Although... maybe it coming out on the 16th would be better... the kids would be in school and I can shove through parents going "BIG KID COMING, THROUGH"!

Also, i'd love it if Skylanders got a series. :3 Personally; i'd think it'd be cute. But then again, the animation style they go with might not be cute for me... hmm...
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#6 Posted: 06:35:35 06/01/2012
Quote: dantilly
A cartoon would make perfect sense I hope they go for it!

As an adult who hates most modern cartoons I definitely would give it a shot

Tru dat, and hopefully it'll almost be as popular as ponies!

...Almost *coughpegasister*
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#7 Posted: 06:39:03 06/01/2012
a cartoon of a videogame?

i allways dreamed that spyro would have his own tv show, but not like this smilie
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#8 Posted: 06:51:59 06/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: LyraDragon
a cartoon of a videogame?

i allways dreamed that spyro would have his own tv show, but not like this smilie

Sometimes a cartoon show of a videogame works.
Sonic The Hedgehog, SatAM version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whjVucqw-wo

Suppose someone told you several years ago, that a movie studio was making a movie based on that Disneyland Pirates ride, would you show any interest in that?
---
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#9 Posted: 07:04:33 06/01/2012
Family Guy is awesome and quite possibly the best cartoon around.

We have seen cartoons for video games before, mario had his cartoon as well as sonic. But if you go further back, you can find a cartoon based on a game that was actually a great cartoon. Anyone else remember the D&D cartoon from saturday mornings? I got the disks from netflix to go down memory lane.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#10 Posted: 07:07:56 06/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Monsinour
Family Guy is awesome and quite possibly the best cartoon around.

We have seen cartoons for video games before, mario had his cartoon as well as sonic. But if you go further back, you can find a cartoon based on a game that was actually a great cartoon. Anyone else remember the D&D cartoon from saturday mornings? I got the disks from netflix to go down memory lane.

Oh yeah! I remember that D & D cartoon show.
Not too bad a show, but they had to have that idiot from "Happy Days" doing the voice of the guy with the shield.
And he grated on my nerves.
---
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#11 Posted: 07:10:28 06/01/2012
I really looked forward to watching that cartoon on saturdays. When I got the disks from netflix, it was like stepping back in time. My kids watched it with me and they enjoyed it. Of course they were partial to the barbarian and his unicorn.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Poptimus Green Sparx Gems: 218
#12 Posted: 07:40:49 06/01/2012
I'd enjoy a TV show if it wasn't super childish. Make it for, say, teenagers, and it wouldn't be too bad.

Speaking of that D&D cartoon, my Walmart had a 3 disk dvd set of it for...get this...$2.50! Saw it the other night, kicking myself in the butt for not grabbing it but definitely going back for it. Definitely work looking for.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:43:52 06/01/2012 by Poptimus
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#13 Posted: 09:30:01 06/01/2012
Earthworm Jim was my favourite TV show based on a videogame. But I would totally go for a Skylanders show, as discussed in another thread.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#14 Posted: 15:09:39 06/01/2012
A show could work if Spyro is the de facto protagonist like Twilight Sparkle because they're both purple, leader-like magic users.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
derterifii Green Sparx Gems: 141
#15 Posted: 15:19:35 06/01/2012
I'd watch it. or at least give it a chance.
though here's to hoping that it isn't as addicting as FiM. I can only have so many obsessions at once.

anyone remember the Donkey Kong TV show? ahhh nostalgia.
---
"I can think outside the box. which means, I can also think inside the chimney!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#16 Posted: 15:24:49 06/01/2012
I'd assume that a lot of these stores actually probably have the shipments in now, or at least will be getting them soon. Since these are probably coming from China, they'll hit one end of the US and over the next week spread to the opposite coast. (Quite often, it'll be CA and then reaching the east coast but I've seen a few releases do the opposite) If we have users in both of those locations we could probably get a good idea of which coast its on. (But for those in the NY area, don't go to the TRU in Times Square. For whatever reason they're really derpy with putting things out... haha)

As for a series, I don't think I'd like it being traditionally animated. It'd definitely have to be cgi'd for it to be really interesting.

What I'd imagine would be hard is for it to follow the storyline of the game. They'd have to either have new stories (based sometime DURING the game) or a sequel/prequel to the events of the game. (Before Kaos began his attack or shortly after defeating him.

Nick would probably be the most likely place for it to air, or on HUB network (Since they have all their shows based on toy lines). CN has nothing about a new series like that in their UpFront presentations.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
tklawson Red Sparx Gems: 63
#17 Posted: 15:57:17 06/01/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
I'd assume that a lot of these stores actually probably have the shipments in now, or at least will be getting them soon. Since these are probably coming from China, they'll hit one end of the US and over the next week spread to the opposite coast. (Quite often, it'll be CA and then reaching the east coast but I've seen a few releases do the opposite) If we have users in both of those locations we could probably get a good idea of which coast its on. (But for those in the NY area, don't go to the TRU in Times Square. For whatever reason they're really derpy with putting things out... haha)

Times Square TRU just received several boxes of wave 1 Skylanders yesterday.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#18 Posted: 16:41:57 06/01/2012
if they made a cartoon it would probably be really cheesey
Dynomy84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#19 Posted: 20:24:55 06/01/2012
Man, I hope they try it. They did good with the ads and beggining trailer, so I think this would be good! Maybe It can work in CG. I see it that way.
---
Zap
------
Ride the lightning!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#20 Posted: 20:35:17 06/01/2012
Quote: TorchSheep
if they made a cartoon it would probably be really cheesey

If My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic can somehow not suck, there's no reason to assume Skylanders: The Animated Series has to. It's just a matter of whether Activision is prepared to take it seriously or not, but given the overall quality of Skylanders to this point, and the fact that it makes more sense to put out a sustainable show that's actually watchable, I'd be a little more optimistic.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#21 Posted: 20:41:28 06/01/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
Earthworm Jim was my favourite TV show based on a videogame. But I would totally go for a Skylanders show, as discussed in another thread.

I so wish they would release a dvd set of Earthworm Jim. It was ahead of its time in the comedy department, in my eyes.

They need DVD sets for all cartoons, in my opinion. Bucky O'hare (I hear it's out in Europe), Wild West Cowboys, season 2 of Exosquad (they only released first season here in the US; grrr), and Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#22 Posted: 21:15:59 06/01/2012
If a TV is produced, I'd prefer it to be in Nickelodeon. In my opinion, Cartoon Network wouldn't be a very appropriate environment for Skylanders. smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:13 06/01/2012 by Fireball
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#23 Posted: 22:10:43 06/01/2012
Quote: derterifii
I'd watch it. or at least give it a chance.
though here's to hoping that it isn't as addicting as FiM. I can only have so many obsessions at once.

anyone remember the Donkey Kong TV show? ahhh nostalgia.

YES I LOVED THAT SHOW!

And what about Pokemon? It was an anime, but still dub like a cartoon. They're on season 15 now, but some of you guys had to've at least seen season 1.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#24 Posted: 23:10:16 06/01/2012
Waiting patiently for mah Cyndy and Slam to arrive then. But I kinda doubt what your friend said about the tv show thing. Not that it's impossible, but that he would be among the few to know about it.

If a show was made, I wouldn't mind it being childish. Just as long as it isn't annoying and obnoxiously in your face, like Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom, Saturday morning animes, etc. I nearly quit cartoons merely because of how annoying they can get.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:18:43 07/01/2012 by SilentButDeadly
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#25 Posted: 00:00:33 07/01/2012
That's cool that they're getting a cartoon (maybe) cept in NZ we probably wont get it until like 1/2 a year after it's released....

And it seems 15/16 is quite a common date for wave 3.... Hmmm...
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
DantheDragonBoy Green Sparx Gems: 404
#26 Posted: 00:03:06 07/01/2012
Let's see if this delivery date is so by then. TV show on the other hand.... Eh, I think they should do this on Nickelodeon, since they've advertised the game, as far as I know.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#27 Posted: 00:13:30 07/01/2012
one more week! well a little more than but still
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#28 Posted: 05:23:04 07/01/2012
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that wants this.......
MLP: FiM meets Skylanders!!!!!

Brony and PROUD!!!

I'll probably be mocked forever...... *shudders*
#29 Posted: 13:42:40 07/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: greenlantern511

Brony and PROUD!!!

I'd love that!
Besides, are Spike and Spyro related?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:43:15 07/01/2012 by Archae
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#30 Posted: 14:04:22 07/01/2012
Nickelodoen seem to be doing good with CGI cartoons and Nick's zany humor could benefit from it, I lost faith in CN after great shows like Dexter and Bravo ended
Ridinggrl27 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#31 Posted: 16:21:07 07/01/2012
I went to my local Gamestop yesterday and one of the employes told me that the "Second Gen" skylanders were coming out next week, but most of the shipment will be what was in waves 1 and 2, which he refered to as "First Gen". The "Second Gen" he was talking about I'm guessing is wave three. I'm going to the mall today and will post more if I get an exact date. I will HOPEFULLY be getting Cynder from Gamestop when they get their shipment. I will post pics if I get her. smilie
---
Hanayo is the Rice Queen
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:22:24 07/01/2012 by Ridinggrl27
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#32 Posted: 17:38:39 07/01/2012
Quote: Fireball
If a TV is produced, I'd prefer it to be in Nickelodeon. In my opinion, Cartoon Network wouldn't be a very appropriate environment for Skylanders. smilie

True dat :V

Id totally watch the show! : D
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#33 Posted: 18:35:33 07/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511

Brony and PROUD!!!

I don't want that. I prefer for such things to stay separate.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#34 Posted: 02:12:03 08/01/2012
guys they already made a thing about the tv show
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#35 Posted: 02:16:34 08/01/2012
^No, that was just a topic about how cool it would be IF there was a TV show. This topic is about BOTH wave 3 and a rumour that a cartoon may be in the works, not just us fantasising about one.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#36 Posted: 02:20:22 08/01/2012
ok than
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#37 Posted: 03:53:35 08/01/2012
Quote:
Besides, aren't Spike and Spyro related?

*gasps, then squeals like a little girl, even tough I'm a man*

I SEE THE RESEMBLANCE!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me