Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Will wave 3 sell out just as fast? [CLOSED]
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#1 Posted: 20:19:52 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
The shelves are all empty of Skylanders. My question is, do you recommend buying all the new characters right away, or will they still be available after a week or two? Will they sell out right away?
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#2 Posted: 20:21:49 04/01/2012
They probably will, if only thanks to resellers. I'd buy them straight away to be honest, although I'm certain they will restock more.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#3 Posted: 20:23:55 04/01/2012
Buy them when you see them. People are still wiping out stores' entire supply after they get restocked. I saw a fully stocked TRU and Walmart sell off everything in less than 24 hours after Xmas.
#4 Posted: 20:26:15 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Wow, yeah. I'll probably pick up one of each. I'm really only interested in Cynder and Empire of Ice, but I'll go for Double Trouble just in case they become rare.
#5 Posted: 20:28:16 04/01/2012
I would like to pick up Empire, Double Trouble, Cynder (no brainer) and possible a second copy of Whirlwind....Just to have a second spec. and not have to worry about resetting her.
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#6 Posted: 20:30:38 04/01/2012
I think you already know the answer to that. especially empire of ice everyones gonna want that. i'm gonna be sleeping over in my car to get that. If i want one i'm gonna have to. LOL.

Which store do you think is my best bet i'm thinking either toys r us or eb games.
#7 Posted: 20:33:52 04/01/2012
TRU kind of sucks now that they've raised their pricing...they seem to be the only ones too. TRU is now selling singles for $10 and Adventure packs for $25. I'm going to be checking out Walmart and Target fairly regularly.
#8 Posted: 20:35:06 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I think Toys R Us gets the most stock.
#9 Posted: 20:48:27 04/01/2012
Yeah
Toys r us gets the most stock thanks planet. Are skylander prices going up everywhere? or just certain stores or is it in certain parts of the world?
Anyone know?Just wondering if price hike is gonna effect me i live in canada.
#10 Posted: 20:50:04 04/01/2012
Quote: P1anet Fun
I think Toys R Us gets the most stock.

Yeah they do. Their wall of Skylanders holds more than every store that sells Skylanders put together....but now they make you pay for that selection.
#11 Posted: 20:52:34 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
My Toys R Us removed their large section of Skylanders. They only have a small section left.
#12 Posted: 20:52:50 04/01/2012
Quote: joseph235
Yeah
Toys r us gets the most stock thanks planet. Are skylander prices going up everywhere? or just certain stores or is it in certain parts of the world?
Anyone know?Just wondering if price hike is gonna effect me i live in canada.

Gamestop, Best Buy, Target and Walmart are still listing $8 for singles and $20 for 3 packs/Adventure packs.
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#13 Posted: 21:08:11 04/01/2012
I would buy them as soon as you can. "Rabid" parents will be looking for their kids still. I know that I will be visiting target when they come out to take advantage of my gift card I have. I will get one of what ones I don't have and that's it.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#14 Posted: 21:12:33 04/01/2012
The shelves are all empty of Skylanders. My question is, do you recommend buying all the new characters right away, or will they still be available after a week or two? Will they sell out right away?

I don't even want to think about it. ;__________;

I should get a football helmet and run through the parents and children.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#15 Posted: 21:17:53 04/01/2012
We'll have the heads up on most other customers because we're internet-savvy and keeping tabs on these things, so don't resign yourself to an impossible search just yet. They'll show up on eBay from whatever store acquires them first, and then we'll all know to keep watch in our own areas with more vigilance than the average rabid parent.
#16 Posted: 21:24:45 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm calling everyday. Not only for the new characters, but I also need a few older ones. The people are annoyed by me, but I don't care. I'll call until I can get them.
#17 Posted: 21:28:22 04/01/2012
So you think as long as we stay on top of the wave 3 info we should be able to get what we need?Oh i hope your right Tashiji.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#18 Posted: 21:28:36 04/01/2012
I believe the third wave will sell out in a heartbeat. Why? Almost all of the most anticipated characters are in Wave 3. (Camo, Cynder, Sunburn...)
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#19 Posted: 21:37:48 04/01/2012
Camo and sunburn arent in wave 3 are they?

But you do have a point cynder and empire of ice gotta be on top of everyones must have skylander list.
#20 Posted: 21:48:18 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Not only is Slam Bam one of my favorite characters, but I also want to try out Empire of Ice, which is why I can't wait for that adventure pack!!!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#21 Posted: 21:55:46 04/01/2012
Greedy people can only get away with their actions for so long. Eventually, we all die. When the greedy die, they will surely have their asses handed to them via divine retribution.

The way the Activision rep made it sound like, when ALL stores restock, it will be wave 3. This means all stores will have supply, instead of just random stores. This drives down prices, since scalpers can't scalp every store at once, and for 2 1/2 months until wave 4 comes out.

Plus places like Walmart.com, Amazon.com and such will get it all as well. Two months has felt like forever, since we saw wave 2, and going from wave 3-4 will be a bit longer, by about two weeks.

However, I take pride in knowing I won't die with a dirty conscience. I will die knowing I helped others and left valuable stuff for those who appreciate it more than money. You can't go to hell for that. For being greedy, however... you surely can spend an ETERNITY in hell. That would suck.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#22 Posted: 22:02:51 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
What? You can't say people will go to hell because they buy the figures to resell. This happens with everything, not just Skylanders. You aren't the judge of that.
Phoenixdragon Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#23 Posted: 22:06:19 04/01/2012
Quote: joseph235
Camo and sunburn arent in wave 3 are they?

But you do have a point cynder and empire of ice gotta be on top of everyones must have skylander list.

Fireball said almost

Since there are only 3 of the "most wanted dragons" Cynder is "almost all" smilie
---
smilie Sunburn - "Roast N' Toast!" smilie

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenixdrag0n
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:02 04/01/2012 by Phoenixdragon
#24 Posted: 22:33:08 04/01/2012
You can't go to a place that A) you don't believe in or smilie doesn't exist.

Making profit off kids toys became popular with beanie babies.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#25 Posted: 22:41:02 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I agree with Monsinour.
#26 Posted: 22:52:34 04/01/2012
I'm a believer in Karma. I collect to a point but I never wipe out a display to get what I want. If there's only one I will take but if I want two and there's only one I will usually only take one. I also know that if I don't wipe them out someone else will and that's on their Karma. Collecting if fun but I believe it's more important to get the figs. out there and get them played with. When my wife was collecting with me back in the day she used to bend part of the card on figs. we wouldn't take so kids could get them and open them while collectors wouldn't want them because the card was bent...take that scalpers...lol.
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#27 Posted: 22:59:03 04/01/2012
Yes because scalpers are hitting the stores the second the boxes open and filling up their carts with most of them. There needs to be a limit to how many of each you can buy, like there was with popular consoles when they came out.
#28 Posted: 23:01:56 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Toys R Us MAY do a limit, but stores like Target and Walmart could care less. They just want to move products, they don't care how many people buy.
#29 Posted: 23:02:12 04/01/2012
Quote: Tigorus
TRU kind of sucks now that they've raised their pricing...they seem to be the only ones too. TRU is now selling singles for $10 and Adventure packs for $25. I'm going to be checking out Walmart and Target fairly regularly.

I buy a lot of Legos too and they do the same thing, adding 5 bucks or so to the big sets and 2 or 3 to the little ones. And they wonder why they can't compete with Target and Walmart.
Ridinggrl27 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#30 Posted: 23:28:13 04/01/2012
I am so Mad! I just went to the 4TH store in 3 days that had no skylanders! When are the shelves going to restock?
---
Hanayo is the Rice Queen
Doomsword Green Sparx Gems: 235
#31 Posted: 23:33:18 04/01/2012
I think they will sell out even faster. A lot of people got the game for Christmas, so there is just that many more people out there looking for them. That combined with the scalpers means if you see the newest ones you better buy them, cause chances are they won't be around if you come back later. There isn't a single one at any store around here, except TRU has like 3 or 4 Darklight Crypt pack's left & that's it.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#32 Posted: 23:47:19 04/01/2012
better setup a tent or something outside the store before the january the 15th, so you can be sure you get the first batch... and eat soup and noddles to save as much cash you can...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:54 04/01/2012 by kappapopm
#33 Posted: 23:50:31 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Do you really think it will be THAT bad? I thought as long as you go day one you should get them...
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#34 Posted: 23:56:37 04/01/2012
Do you really think it will be THAT bad? I thought as long as you go day one you should get them...

this time around i think it will be that bad....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:57:34 04/01/2012 by kappapopm
#35 Posted: 00:00:58 05/01/2012
What? You can't say people will go to hell because they buy the figures to resell. This happens with everything, not just Skylanders. You aren't the judge of that.

True, it's not for me to say. However, common sense comes into play, when it comes to what happens to greedy people in time.

Resellers are greedy. There is simply no excuse for their actions, outside of the fact they're thinking about money more than kids who may want said Skylander/toy.

Let's put it this way. If I walked up to a reseller, who had a Cynder that my daughter wanted and cried over, and asked if he would hand it over for the sake of my crying daughter who's crying right infront of him, would he hand it over, or think about how the hot new item is worth 80-100 bucks? I bet you my entire game collection it would be the latter. That's putting materials before the feelings of others, hence greed. Said reseller sees green in his eyes, nothing more, not even a child crying. Finders keepers, right? First come, first serve, right?

I traded a potentially 200 Skylander (Whirlwind), for a 60 dollar silver Eruptor. However, you know what I thought about when making this trade with a person really wanting Whirlwind? I thought this based on what he told me "well, his kid has one more Skylander to play with, and a darn good one at that." I also thought, "I am helping someone who really wants a Whirlwind to play with, which also helps them complete their collection further." All I got out of it, was an Eruptor that will hang up, unplayed forever. I didn't mind, though, because I got my collection completed, while another person got what he really wanted to play with on this game.

Screw that whole line of thinking about how much money I can get from it. That's why people have careers in life. Why can't said scalpers go and scalp the toys no kid wants to play with, like NECA Freddy Kruger, or Nariko from Heavenly Sword? They could. However, with capitalism, no amount of money is too much, and if a millionaire has millions, they really won't be happy until they inch higher. Scalpers know they can make bank off of it, so why not horde EVERYTHING, no matter what it costs to others (ie gas, kids feelings)?

It disgusts me, and they will get everything that comes to them bad in life, rightfully so. Captialism is evil. Greed is evil. But, hey, we're humans, right? Let's make up every excuse as to why it's okay for people to be the way they are. That's why us humans will always be so inferior. We can never think outside the box, let alone ourselves.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:03:29 05/01/2012 by GameMaster78
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#36 Posted: 00:01:31 05/01/2012
I noticed that the Skylander figures were completely gone from GAME Derby, so it looks like my area is bracing itself.

...I'm glad I got all the wave 1 and wave 2 figures (bar Whirlwind, but she's also in wave 3) I wanted when the shelves still were full of figures.
---
Eh.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#37 Posted: 00:02:25 05/01/2012
This is why i'm glad I live in NZ... no one even knows what LoS is, let alone Skylanders,
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#38 Posted: 00:04:43 05/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: GameMaster78

True, it's not for me to say. However, common sense comes into play, when it comes to what happens to greedy people in time.

Resellers are greedy. There is simply no excuse for their actions, outside of the fact they're thinking about money more than kids who may want said Skylander/toy.

Let's put it this way. If I walked up to a reseller, who had a Cynder that my daughter wanted and cried over, would he hand it over, or think about how the hot new item is worth 80-100 bucks? I bet you my entire game collection it would be the latter. That's putting materials before the feelings of others, hence greed. Said reseller sees green in his eyes, nothing more, not even a child crying. Finders keepers, right? First come, first serve, right?

I traded a potentially 200 Skylander (Whirlwind), for a 60 dollar silver Eruptor. However, you know what I thought about when making this trade with a person really wanting Whirlwind? I thought this based on what he told me "well, his kid has one more Skylander to play with, and a darn good one at that." I also thought, "I am helping someone who really wants a Whirlwind to play with, which also helps them complete their collection further." All I got out of it, was an Eruptor that will hang up, unplayed forever. I didn't mind, though, because I got my collection completed, while another person got what he really wanted to play with on this game.

Screw that whole line of thinking about how much money I can get from it. That's why people have careers in life. Why can't said scalpers go and scalp the toys no kid wants to play with, like NECA Freddy Kruger, or Nariko from Heavenly Sword? They could. However, with capitalism, no amount of money is too much, and if a millionaire has millions, they really won't be happy until they inch higher. Scalpers know they can make bank off of it, so why not horde EVERYTHING, no matter what it costs to others (ie gas, kids feelings)?

It disgusts me, and they will get everything that comes to them bad in life, rightfully so. Captialism is evil. Greed is evil. But, hey, we're humans, right? Let's make up every excuse as to why it's okay for people to be the way they are. That's why us humans will always be so inferior. We can never think outside the box, let alone ourselves.

I hear what you're saying, and I agree to part of it. However, even stores are resellers. They buy products to resell from wholesalers. They are making money on these products as well, although they don't overcharge for them.
#39 Posted: 00:11:08 05/01/2012
Quote: Ridinggrl27
I am so Mad! I just went to the 4TH store in 3 days that had no skylanders! When are the shelves going to restock?

I did 6 stores in one day and over the course of 3 days I think i hit up 21 stores total. No, none of them were the exact same store.

True, it's not for me to say.

..snip..

That's why us humans will always be so inferior. We can never think outside the box, let alone ourselves.

I happen to be reselling a few I found at a local store. I didnt clean them out of the figures, I just picked up 1 of each kind they had. I believe I left 20 of them on the shelf. I also found a few days before a setup that had quite a few of the individual ones that are selling really well that arent whirl or drill. I didn't pick any of them up to resell as I knew parents would be looking for their kids and while I made my kids day with our find that day. And while no I dont own a whirl, if I had an extra, and I knew someone was looking for one for their child, I would gladly hand it over no $ exchanged. Not all resellers are money grubbing scum.
---
My kids own :
#40 Posted: 00:16:36 05/01/2012
See, I say all of this, because in my city, there is a 60 year old man, who literally goes to Toys R Us, and loads a basket with multiples of everything. If it's new Transformers, he will not... leave... a... single... one... for others to grab. HE GRABS EVERYTHING!

If a reseller wanted to do one item, sure, that's NOT AS BAD. I guess I just have different morales. I think when holding an item I don't plan on keeping, but selling "why do I want to sell this? I'm sure another kid would want this. Why should I put my WANTS before the NEEDS of others?" Then I put it back, for someone else to grab. Good deed done.

My son keeps asking me why I won't sell the sealed Whirlwind hanging on my wall. "Daddy, you can get 100 plus for that." I tell him "Stop it now. I'm not that kind of person. Life isn't all about how much money you can make. There is more to life than money." I find more value in Whirlwind hanging in my Skylanders shrine, than it being 100-200 bucks in my pocket. Gaming is a lifelong hobby of mine, but 200 bucks comes and goes.
---
#41 Posted: 00:29:12 05/01/2012

My son keeps asking me why I won't sell the sealed Whirlwind hanging on my wall. "Daddy, you can get 100 plus for that." I tell him "Stop it now. I'm not that kind of person. Life isn't all about how much money you can make. There is more to life than money." I find more value in Whirlwind hanging in my Skylanders shrine, than it being 100-200 bucks in my pocket. Gaming is a lifelong hobby of mine, but 200 bucks comes and goes.

My daughter is kinda the same way. Se thinks that since her stealth elf is leveled to 10, upgraded to the max, it should be worth twice what she has seen on ebay ($40 or so). I tell her that its not new and in used condition, it would sell for less, far less. But she only sees the $ and only wants to make $. She is constantly asking what we have in the house that we can sell to make $. I guess I should have never let her watch pawn stars eh? However, she was with us when we did not grab extra elfs or slingers for resale and she said she was happy that we were making it possible for some other kid to have an awesome day by finding these still on the shelf.
---
My kids own :
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#42 Posted: 05:56:37 05/01/2012
I hope they REALLY stock up on wave 3 and past figures!!! They better....there is probably even more hungry shoppers for more Skylanders since Christmas!!!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#43 Posted: 08:32:51 05/01/2012
The whole "shops will restock when they sell all their Skylanders" is a frustrating concept to me. I live in a small town, and we still have a load of the first wave in stock, so no hopes of getting the newer ones!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#44 Posted: 14:26:22 05/01/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
The whole "shops will restock when they sell all their Skylanders" is a frustrating concept to me. I live in a small town, and we still have a load of the first wave in stock, so no hopes of getting the newer ones!

Tell the local shop owners to put them up on ebay. They will sell.
---
My kids own :
#45 Posted: 14:33:53 05/01/2012
thre isn't a single one around where i live There was an entire wall of boomers at toys r us the other day i thought they would hang there forever. But next time i went there 3 days after all gone not a boomer in sight or any skylander just starter packs.

LOL i was at eb games yesterday and there was a couple of 10 or 12 year olds with there mom and they were litterly begging her for the skylanders game I think i saw tears when mom said NO not till friday. LOL when they started with the please please please i thought i was gonna burst out laughing.

Just thought i'd share
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#46 Posted: 15:04:03 05/01/2012
i bet all the cynders will be gone in a few seconds.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#47 Posted: 15:05:00 05/01/2012
Not in Quebec, it's not that popular here.
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#48 Posted: 15:33:14 05/01/2012
It'll be like Black Friday all over again for Cynder.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#49 Posted: 16:03:10 05/01/2012
Quote: Reimu
Not in Quebec, it's not that popular here.

that would explain why the young kid that I know don't have the game
---
THE END IS NEAR
#50 Posted: 17:45:52 05/01/2012
Quote: JAP28
I hope they REALLY stock up on wave 3 and past figures!!! They better....there is probably even more hungry shoppers for more Skylanders since Christmas!!!

Activision would be dumb not to... they'd continue to make a killing off them. They make nothing from scalpers selling on eBay.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me