Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > January Wave Update! (Don't get too excited)
Page 1 of 1
January Wave Update! (Don't get too excited) [CLOSED]
Jack Green Sparx Gems: 115
#1 Posted: 18:50:13 03/01/2012 | Topic Creator
From the Skylanders Facebook page:

We are working hard to get more Skylanders in stores as fast as possible! Starting in mid-January, you'll also be seeing Skylanders that haven't yet been released. We've listened to your requests and are pulling together as much info as we can share – check back at Facebook soon.

Looks like Jan 15th-ish is a "confirmed" date?
---
S:SA 9/37 (Green smilie)
S:G 1/62
Looking for smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie, PM me! (:
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#2 Posted: 18:52:14 03/01/2012
AWESOME!!!! Looking forward to it! smilie
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#3 Posted: 19:01:14 03/01/2012
the 15th is on a sunday or does it matter?
Shadow Drobot Green Sparx Gems: 423
#4 Posted: 19:02:33 03/01/2012
Sounds awesome, I can't wait.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#5 Posted: 19:20:59 03/01/2012
Great news!! Tired of wasting gas just to see empty pegs everywhere.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#6 Posted: 19:25:34 03/01/2012
Quote: budkin

Mmmm you can call you know =P
Phoenixdragon Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#7 Posted: 19:44:21 03/01/2012
Quote: Jack

Who ever said that this is a confirmed date? They didn't say any date on Facebook and by the way it is a SUNDAY...

Even if this were a confirmed date they will not come out before 16th.
---
smilie Sunburn - "Roast N' Toast!" smilie

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenixdrag0n
#8 Posted: 19:45:02 03/01/2012
Hum... here in Canada, some games come out on Sunday sometimes.
hoodoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1169
#9 Posted: 19:45:44 03/01/2012
Quote: Reimu

In my experience calling is not 100%. I prefer to have eyes on myself. I just hope they release the older ones again as well. I am only missing Drill Sergeant and Flame Slinger. Here's hoping.
---
A dad, a husband, a gamer
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#10 Posted: 19:47:20 03/01/2012
i shure hope that 15 jan is the date. i dont want to spend all my money on the bus for no reason.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#11 Posted: 19:57:12 03/01/2012
Why keep you all saying January the 15th?
Is there only one of you who really believes that Sunday the stores are open just because of some new Skylanders?
Either the new wave would come before 15th, or earliest on January 16th
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:57:45 03/01/2012 by Phoenixdragon
#12 Posted: 19:58:33 03/01/2012
Quote: Phoenixdragon
Is there only one of you who really believes that Sunday the stores are open just because of some new Skylanders?

... since when stores are closed on Sunday?
#13 Posted: 20:03:33 03/01/2012

That's exactly what I said. Sunday the stores are closed. January 15th is a Sundy. So why is everyone demanding the new Skylanders are comming on January 15th?
---

#14 Posted: 20:05:37 03/01/2012

That's exactly what I said. Sunday the stores are closed. January 15th is a Sundy. So why is everyone demanding the new Skylanders are comming on January 15th?

Because stores are NOT closed on Sunday?
#15 Posted: 20:10:15 03/01/2012
Well here they ARE
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:21:27 03/01/2012 by Phoenixdragon
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#16 Posted: 20:15:03 03/01/2012
Just because the 15th is the most concrete date we've heard so far, don't use this as your excuse not to check eBay, stores, and the forums. Hex, Dino Rang and Wrecking Ball, along with the silver variants, were all leaked upwards of a week before their intended debut alongside Darklight Crypt on the 15th. When stores get the boxes, they'll be going on shelves, make no mistake. Don't expect anyone to wait for the street date, especially Walmart, because that's what happened before.
#17 Posted: 20:23:13 03/01/2012
Well here they ARE

Well it's not because they are closed on Sunday in your Country that they won't release the characters on Sunday.
#18 Posted: 20:27:05 03/01/2012
Well here they ARE

Well it's not because they are closed on Sunday in your Country that they won't release the characters on Sunday.

As I just said in the other topic: sorry, I didn't know and I'm sorry. According to that I dislike Europe a little bit more and wished I'd live in America...
---

Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#19 Posted: 20:34:54 03/01/2012
In the bible belt here in the states, some stores are closed on Sunday. I would expect to see them land on shelves either on the Friday before or the Monday after.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
DantheDragonBoy Green Sparx Gems: 404
#20 Posted: 20:35:57 03/01/2012
Let's hope we'll be getting to see them soon. Its great that they've heard our requests, but I'm not gonna be gettin' high hopes in seeing my most-wanted characters (Camo, Warnado) around that time. Well, here's hoping anyhow. Even if it will be the characters depicted on the homepage, I'll still be checking the stores by the time the new characters come out.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#21 Posted: 20:52:41 03/01/2012
Did you guys forget, that in the US, this game released on October 16th? A SUNDAY!?

It can very well happen, that new boxes are sent to stores with a new street date on it, for January 15th. That's if they wanted it to be like that.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#22 Posted: 21:26:11 03/01/2012
They won't be released in the UK on a Sunday. New Games and accessories come out on Friday, without fail. Unless you get lucky with a staff member who doesn't care.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#23 Posted: 21:54:01 03/01/2012
i still say january 19th....
Jack Green Sparx Gems: 115
#24 Posted: 02:33:30 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator

Who ever said that this is a confirmed date? They didn't say any date on Facebook and by the way it is a SUNDAY...

Not saying the 15th is confirmed, just saying it appears they are shooting for around the 15th smilie
---
S:SA 9/37 (Green smilie)
S:G 1/62
Looking for smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie, PM me! (:
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#25 Posted: 04:26:28 04/01/2012

Even if this were a confirmed date they will not come out before 16th.

Since when is it taboo to release things on Sunday? Trust me, ppl've have bought new games on that day before.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#26 Posted: 05:58:03 04/01/2012
I have seen a fair few US game releases happening on a Sunday, so the 15th over there isn't entirely unfeasible.

I'm hoping we get word on a date soon... Although I have only just managed to buy Wave 2 on Amazon!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
fish61324 Red Sparx Gems: 37
#27 Posted: 12:59:48 04/01/2012
Quote: hoodoo

In my experience calling is not 100%. I prefer to have eyes on myself. I just hope they release the older ones again as well. I am only missing Drill Sergeant and Flame Slinger. Here's hoping.

You should actually always call too. My girlfriend called Wal-mart one time to see if they had any PS3s consoles and they said Yes. When we went to get it, there weren't any PS3s on the shelf..... they were in the back apparently. So if we never called and just went to see, we would have thought they didn't have any and would have left without a PS3... OR what you can do, is ask an employee when you're at the store if they have any in the back storage room.
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#28 Posted: 15:44:46 04/01/2012
The 15th could actually just be the shipping date....and will arrive in stores that week.
I know my local Toys R Us shipment receiving day is on Tuesdays...so maybe the 17th?

I probably will head out there that day! I know I could call but ...sometime I wonder about the employees that work at those stores. Any stores....
No disrespect to anyone here but really...from past experiences they are not very swift sometimes!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
derterifii Green Sparx Gems: 141
#29 Posted: 15:45:06 04/01/2012
best advice I've seen in a while.
actually was able to get a few of my games through asking.
didn't see it on the shelf, ask the cashier, (to the surprise of us both) pulls it out from under the counter, I was happy.

ANYHOW!!
Great news, this topic. been waiting for some new figures for a while.
---
"I can think outside the box. which means, I can also think inside the chimney!
Ridinggrl27 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#30 Posted: 17:07:51 07/01/2012
Quote: kappapopm
i still say january 19th....

Why do you think they will come out on the 19th if they are coming out on the 15th/16th? I have proof:
I went to my local Gamestop yesterday and one of the employes told me that the "Second Gen" skylanders were coming out next week (9-15th), but most of the shipment will be what was in waves 1 and 2, which he refered to as "First Gen". The "Second Gen" he was talking about I'm guessing is wave three. I'm going to the mall today and will post more if I get an exact date. I will HOPEFULLY be getting Cynder from Gamestop when they get their shipment. I will post pics if I get her.
---
Hanayo is the Rice Queen
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#31 Posted: 17:34:04 07/01/2012
I'm just really scared I won't be able to buy my Cynder in time before she inevitabley goes out of stock due to high demand (from both ordinary customers and the inevitable scalpers). I have a bunch of web pages of various suppliers on my favourites that I check up on every day (mostly out of paranoia).

I really, really don't want to end up having to buy this gal from a scalper.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#32 Posted: 17:38:26 07/01/2012
i feel the EXACT same way! X_X i want Cynder the most out of ALL the skylanders, but istill want them all lol, im afraid i wont be able to get cynder though either, but ill be looking EVERYWHERE the day they come out to try and get them all/as many as i can, and if i cant get them all at one store, im heading to the next one! lol luckily my local gamestop store manager is rly good friends with us and we know him personally so he's going to put a cynder aside for me, so i think ill be good on cynder, but he did mention if shes in high demand and one of the other workers in the store grabs her off the holding shelf theres nothing i or they can do about it, which is understandable lol. but im not getting my hopes up either, if i cant get them now, there will be more later lol.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me