Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
anyone else annoyed? [CLOSED]
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#1 Posted: 01:24:03 03/01/2012 | Topic Creator
so i love the game and have pretty much most of the currently released characters but the thing is they are opened up and i would love a 2nd character of each sealed whether that is triple packs or single but i cant believe just how selfish and greedy some people are making it almost impossible for anyone to get any of the characters and also the way they are releasing them is just stupid i bought the game a week after it came out got all the characters except ignitor, dark spyro and the legendary trio then what do they do make me wait 1-2 months for 3 characters (wave 2) then another month or so for another 3 characters that i may or may not be able to get hold because people are buying 8 or 9 to sell on ebay for crazy money now the only thing i can think is activision was not expecting it to be as big as it is because i've never found anything i've been interested in collection wise to be so hard to get hold of .

p.s. just wondering does anyone think this is gonna ease up anytime soon and characters will be easier to get hold of or not because if they wont i seriously think if a skylanders 2 comes out i wont be bothering buying it i mean yes collecting is fun but to me getting hold of any skylander at all is becoming a chore (i check online everyday pretty much) because i wont be spending $40-$50 for a figure that costs $7 as much as i love the game
---
I Have: 37/37
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#2 Posted: 01:36:06 03/01/2012
Sadly, this comes with everything.

At the same time, the people who buy at these inflated prices are also partly to blame - If they just waited and were patient, they would be able to purchase them at retail price, and people wouldn't see a point in trying to buy and sell them for higher profit. I'm more annoyed at them than I am the resellers, to be honest.

Skylander figures will be available again. When the game first came out, they were impossible to find for about a month or so. Then after that, where I live, they were stocked full to the brim. However, I'm in a quiet part of the UK, and I'm not certain how it will vary for other parts of the world.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#3 Posted: 01:39:10 03/01/2012
After a few weeks they should be restored the Christmas rush of them trying to get skylander they want will be fulfilled . The way they set it up so is when kids are playing they would get bored of the people after so long and then new ones come out and then they are like "OHHH new ones" and they get those so after awhile they will be back.
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
#4 Posted: 01:46:19 03/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: RadSpyro
Sadly, this comes with everything.

At the same time, the people who buy at these inflated prices are also partly to blame - If they just waited and were patient, they would be able to purchase them at retail price, and people wouldn't see a point in trying to buy and sell them for higher profit. I'm more annoyed at them than I am the resellers, to be honest.

Skylander figures will be available again. When the game first came out, they were impossible to find for about a month or so. Then after that, where I live, they were stocked full to the brim. However, I'm in a quiet part of the UK, and I'm not certain how it will vary for other parts of the world.

luckily im in the uk too its not too bad for a couple of the triple packs but even for those im going to have to order online i mean i kind of expect drill sargeant and whirlwind to be harder atm because of the exclusive side but for example stealth elf when skylanders first came out there was loads of her i didnt really like her so didnt get her straight away but last week i couldnt find her anyway so i had to get the last triple pack with her in from amazon it seems quite strange how the adventure packs are not too hard to get hold of though

also i think the main problem with this whole concept is just how unorganised the releases are i wouldnt care if i had to wait 3-4 months for some aslong as someone just actually gave a release date theres so many rumors of when certain characters are coming out its unbelievable
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:50:10 03/01/2012 by Skaterpunkdan
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#5 Posted: 01:50:44 03/01/2012
I don't think activision will rerelease any of the figures. I do not like that the figures were so damn hard to find. I did get 2 off of ebay, but I should have waited for the one. I also got the legendary trio off of ebay because I do not believe that they will be rereleased. I may have over spent for them, but I am happy with what I have. When new figurenes are released, I will get what I need and no extras.

If you want unopened collections, ebay might be your only source for whirlwind and drill sergant branded with their exclusive labels, same goes for the legendary trio. Purchase now before they get crazy expensive. Personally, I don't care if mine are opened. They are a toy and are meant to be played with out of the packaging. Whirlwind and drill are supposed to be released in a 3 pack and that is how I plan on acquiring them.

I also agree that in about a month, the desire will return to a dull roar and availability should return to normal.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#6 Posted: 01:58:36 03/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Monsinour
I don't think activision will rerelease any of the figures. I do not like that the figures were so damn hard to find. I did get 2 off of ebay, but I should have waited for the one. I also got the legendary trio off of ebay because I do not believe that they will be rereleased. I may have over spent for them, but I am happy with what I have. When new figurenes are released, I will get what I need and no extras.

If you want unopened collections, ebay might be your only source for whirlwind and drill sergant branded with their exclusive labels, same goes for the legendary trio. Purchase now before they get crazy expensive. Personally, I don't care if mine are opened. They are a toy and are meant to be played with out of the packaging. Whirlwind and drill are supposed to be released in a 3 pack and that is how I plan on acquiring them.

I also agree that in about a month, the desire will return to a dull roar and availability should return to normal.

i agree with you about the unopened thing thats why i originally did open them because its so much easier to use them i dont mind about whirlwind and drill not having the exclusive branding so i'll probably get the triple pack i hope there will be more legendarys coming out but if they dont i wont be to bothered as they only are a different colour to the originals and boosted stats id be far more bothered if i couldnt complete the set eventually
---
#7 Posted: 02:07:07 03/01/2012
Aside from playing with them in the game, my kids have sent all our skylanders on adventures thoughout our house. One made it to the top of the christmas tree as "king of the mountain" but trigger happy shot him down. LOL
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#8 Posted: 05:55:22 03/01/2012
cell phone double post, sorry.
---
My kids own :
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:29:37 03/01/2012 by Monsinour
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#9 Posted: 09:20:07 03/01/2012
I just save myself the grief and a bit of money, and order online.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#10 Posted: 13:31:14 03/01/2012
Yes, I AM a tad annoyed by people paying $50 for a character to be released within a week. I'm also a bit annoyed by people complaining about not being able to buy the toys even when they already have them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:31:27 03/01/2012 by CAV
SonicTheBoom Red Sparx Gems: 75
#11 Posted: 16:45:20 03/01/2012
You do know you do not need to open them to play on the game with
---
Dont Deal With It!
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#12 Posted: 17:01:41 03/01/2012
I don't have any doubles of any Characters...if I did I gave my spares to my Mom's husband! I am having a hard enough time finding any Skylanders these days?????

It is annoying the slow flow of releasing characters and waiting for new waves to arrive. Stock the shelves already!!! haha
I really do not get it tho??? The game is not super long, they should really keep stocking and releasing new characters a little faster.
Some stores in my city have already got rid of their Skylanders displays.
A game that can take less then a week to finish yet they are going to try and stretch the release of the toys for almost a year?
Does not make sense to me???
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
#13 Posted: 19:01:30 03/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SonicTheBoom
You do know you do not need to open them to play on the game with

yeah i knew that and was gonna leave them in they're packaging but decided if you want 2 player its a bit of a pain having 2 on the portal. tbh i'm not too fussed if i cant get 2nd characters as one is all you need really but i would like some sealed for collection purposes
---
Aura Dragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#14 Posted: 23:11:02 03/01/2012
I don't see a probem with this where I am. Well other than the X-mas rush whipping the stores.
---
Story status- Skylanders: The Forgotten Elements- Chapter 11 is up ~ End of all Hope- Done

~Watch the Power of Aura~
#15 Posted: 13:59:45 06/01/2012 | Topic Creator
so I didn't know whether to start a new topic or just add this into this one

so I need help I don't know whether to get the 3ds version of the game so i can get Ignitor & Dark Spyro or to wait until the middle of the month for the new wave to start popping up i can only afford to do 1 or the other this month what would everyone's advice be.
also if i get the 3ds version I don't actually have a 3ds so I could put the game with stealth elf online as I already have her as well as a second sonic boom and wrecking ball from the triple pack

i think id rather the new wave but wave 2 took forever to show up anywhere near me including online and i want a new Skylander or 2
---
#16 Posted: 14:02:43 06/01/2012
^I would say just wait for more new characters then.
If you had a 3Ds I would say get it! All new game experience and two exclusive figures.

I would just save your money.....

I am not too sure what kind of stores you have where you live? I traded in a bunch of old games and got a 3Ds and the Skylanders version for a pretty good price!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:06:31 06/01/2012 by JAP28
#17 Posted: 14:06:14 06/01/2012 | Topic Creator
That is another factor my fiancee is planning on getting a 3ds next month and i know she loves Skylanders just as much if not more than me. so i said id let her have it if she gets me some of the new characters but whether any of wave 3 will still be available next month is whats making me lean more towards getting wave 3 figures as i know the 3ds version will not sell out
---
#18 Posted: 14:08:24 06/01/2012
^ wait till the middle of January and see what happens then?
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#19 Posted: 14:10:58 06/01/2012
Now, this IS a problem. I've never seen the 3DS version myself either, and I've checked numerous stores in both Derby and Stoke. I wonder if it's one of those you have to ask about.
---
Eh.
#20 Posted: 14:15:46 06/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Burning Gnorc
Now, this IS a problem. I've never seen the 3DS version myself either, and I've checked numerous stores in both Derby and Stoke. I wonder if it's one of those you have to ask about.

what shops have you been in I've only seen a few here in the UK that sells (Argos, Toys R Us, Sainsbury's although not sure if they do it in-store and a few others amazon online is cheapest I've seen it £48 i think)

also does anyone know if the 3ds portal works on a Wii as I've seen a few places say it does and a few say it doesn't if it does my sister could use the portal on her Wii
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:20:45 06/01/2012 by Skaterpunkdan
#21 Posted: 14:23:39 06/01/2012
I wouldnt plan on selling the 3ds version online. The game and portal listings arent being bid on and stealth elf loose only goes for around $30. Ignitor will be released later so the only "exclusive" figure is dark spyro. So you have to ask yourself, is dark spyro worth $30 (assuming you get 30 for stealth elf) or should I wait about another week for the new ones to be released?

I know that to get the ones I need and do not have, when the next set hits the stores I will have to buy:

Cynder single $8
Empire of ice adventure pack $20 (not sure maybe more)
Whirl, Drill, and Double tri pack $24 (not sure maybe less)

Bringing my expected expense to around $50 or so. By doing that, I will be getting 5 new figures as opposed to 2 with the 3ds version. And realistically, 1 of those 2 new figures I will be able to get at a later date. I am not you, but I would wait the week or so.
---
My kids own :
#22 Posted: 14:29:17 06/01/2012
^When your fiancee does buy the 3Ds....and if there is still not more new figures then buy the 3Ds version.
---
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#23 Posted: 03:03:31 07/01/2012
I can confirm that the 3DS portal works on Wii. Buy the 3DS game, remove 2 figs and insert 1or 2 other figs. Then sell it in toto - I did that and was only $20 out of pocket for Leg Spyro and Ignitor.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#24 Posted: 14:01:02 07/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: chaosworrier
I can confirm that the 3DS portal works on Wii. Buy the 3DS game, remove 2 figs and insert 1or 2 other figs. Then sell it in toto - I did that and was only $20 out of pocket for Leg Spyro and Ignitor.

excellent thanks a lot for the confirmation can you only use 1 figure on the portal or 2 although 2 would be a tight fit but still.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me