Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A Question About the Figures... [CLOSED]
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1 Posted: 03:14:09 31/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Does anyone know where the 'memory chip' (or whatever it's called) is stored? I assume it's the base they stand on, but I'm not sure. I only ask because I wish to modify the base that Undead characters stand on when I get the character I want, as I really dislike the skull, and want to remove it anyway possible without damaging the memory chip.

So I'd like to know where the memory chip is, and if possible, how to modify the figure safely...
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#2 Posted: 03:37:22 31/12/2011
Why do you hate the skull? It's awesome and it glows. ;_______;
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#3 Posted: 03:39:05 31/12/2011
or you can repaint it
---
THE END IS NEAR
#4 Posted: 03:54:28 31/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrathedragon
Why do you hate the skull? It's awesome and it glows. ;_______;

I dislike skulls in general. I don't like seeing them. I have enough nightmares as it is.

Quote: nitendofan92
or you can repaint it

That is one possible option, but I'm not sure what paint would stay.
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#5 Posted: 03:56:33 31/12/2011
Bet you can't wait to get to the undead themed levels in Skylanders.

I bet you'll have a ton of nightmares. pffffff
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#6 Posted: 04:02:26 31/12/2011 | Topic Creator
I don't mind the enemies as much (though they still give me the creeps). So I'm not looking forward to those levels. Chances are I'll go nuts with my strongest Skylanders' attacks, screaming the whole way.

If it's a good character that has such things...that doesn't sit well with me. But that's just my opinion. I'd also rather keep skulls inside the game instead of outside where everyone can see them.
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#7 Posted: 09:17:19 31/12/2011
the memory chip is contained in the base.

my advise would be to purchase some plastic model putty/filler and dark grey modelling paint.

using the putty/filler, fill in the eye and nose sockets on the skull. add some more over the teeth to make them look more like rock.

to finish simply repaint the base to look like the figure is sitting on a large rock.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#8 Posted: 12:18:42 31/12/2011
I genrally hate skulls too. But the glowing skylanders skull is quite cool smilie
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#9 Posted: 14:23:43 31/12/2011
i like that no one is answering her/his question smilie
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#10 Posted: 15:26:21 31/12/2011
Quote: IsisStormDragon
Does anyone know where the 'memory chip' (or whatever it's called) is stored? I assume it's the base they stand on, but I'm not sure. I only ask because I wish to modify the base that Undead characters stand on when I get the character I want, as I really dislike the skull, and want to remove it anyway possible without damaging the memory chip.

So I'd like to know where the memory chip is, and if possible, how to modify the figure safely...

take a look at your gill grunt and you will see the chip is in the middle of the circle, you see at the bottom/top of the green/blue plastic. taking of the figurine should not be that hard, then try to twist the base, if clued you will have to get a knife or other sharp object between the green plastic and upper part... you maybe have to sacrifice it for the cause(but since your gonna make new upper part i guess it dosent matter)...

it would be cool if you take some picture of the operation and post here(picture of the chip etc)...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#11 Posted: 15:50:53 31/12/2011
Haha I've never heard of someone getting nightmares from a toy! But, if you really want to cover over it, look for some acrylic paint and the previously mentioned putty to cover over it. You could basically paint it any color, although a solid brown rock coloring should be fine for them. (You could probably get fancy with the putty and make some purplish flames or something.

Taking a look on the bottom of the figure, you'll see the circular logo for the undead character. Now, on the bottom of my L-Chops, It's slightly to the left, making a shadow of the skull on the bottom. That's the little chip right there; it kinda looks like one of those watch batteries. I'd assume you can probably cover up everything except that if you want to mold over the entire base. (because, you can set the figure sideways on the portal and it'll still activate)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Spaceboi428 Blue Sparx Gems: 827
#12 Posted: 16:55:56 31/12/2011
when i was really little imy brother had this Zurg toy and for some reason it was in my room and it really scared me and i couldnt sleep
---
Avengers Assemble!
#13 Posted: 04:49:06 01/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: t7gga
the memory chip is contained in the base.

my advise would be to purchase some plastic model putty/filler and dark grey modelling paint.

using the putty/filler, fill in the eye and nose sockets on the skull. add some more over the teeth to make them look more like rock.

to finish simply repaint the base to look like the figure is sitting on a large rock.

Quote: kappapopm

take a look at your gill grunt and you will see the chip is in the middle of the circle, you see at the bottom/top of the green/blue plastic. taking of the figurine should not be that hard, then try to twist the base, if clued you will have to get a knife or other sharp object between the green plastic and upper part... you maybe have to sacrifice it for the cause(but since your gonna make new upper part i guess it dosent matter)...

it would be cool if you take some picture of the operation and post here(picture of the chip etc)...

Quote: spyroflame0487
Haha I've never heard of someone getting nightmares from a toy! But, if you really want to cover over it, look for some acrylic paint and the previously mentioned putty to cover over it. You could basically paint it any color, although a solid brown rock coloring should be fine for them. (You could probably get fancy with the putty and make some purplish flames or something.

Taking a look on the bottom of the figure, you'll see the circular logo for the undead character. Now, on the bottom of my L-Chops, It's slightly to the left, making a shadow of the skull on the bottom. That's the little chip right there; it kinda looks like one of those watch batteries. I'd assume you can probably cover up everything except that if you want to mold over the entire base. (because, you can set the figure sideways on the portal and it'll still activate)

These are all helpful. Thanks.

I'll decide ultimately what I'm going to do once I know for sure when the character I want is being released.
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10108
#14 Posted: 08:44:56 01/01/2012
This is interesting (to me, anyway...). When my Stealth Elf stopped working, we took apart the bottom of the base to see what the microchip looked like, and we took a picture of it:
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/739/dscf1301i.jpg

It's extremely thin and weighs practically nothing. That little thing is what the memory is stored in.
#15 Posted: 13:34:01 01/01/2012
Quote: C1nder
This is interesting (to me, anyway...). When my Stealth Elf stopped working, we took apart the bottom of the base to see what the microchip looked like, and we took a picture of it:

It's extremely thin and weighs practically nothing. That little thing is what the memory is stored in.

whoah! totally did not excpect it to look like that D8
---
Team Drago
#16 Posted: 17:16:02 01/01/2012

thanks for posting picture of the RFID chip, now if you take that and put it on a 3ds portal maybe you can get your stealth elf back alive... talk about frankenstein, the brain it, it, it's aaaaaalive... lol...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:23:51 01/01/2012 by kappapopm
#17 Posted: 19:51:16 01/01/2012
Hahaha, IT'S ALIIIIIVE >:D I actually don't mind having her figure even though I can't use it.
Phoenixdragon Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#18 Posted: 20:08:00 01/01/2012
Hahaha, IT'S ALIIIIIVE >smilie I actually don't mind having her figure even though I can't use it.

If she's working again, maybe you can try putting the chip back in the base.
---
smilie Sunburn - "Roast N' Toast!" smilie

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenixdrag0n
#19 Posted: 20:14:38 01/01/2012
She's not actually working again XD I was kidding. I find it kinda cool, she's like a retired Skylander, but I've already lost 2 others, so I decided to keep her.
#20 Posted: 20:19:40 01/01/2012
She's not actually working again smilie I was kidding. I find it kinda cool, she's like a retired Skylander, but I've already lost 2 others, so I decided to keep her.

if you have not put in water or used a sledge hammer on the figurines, they are probably not dead(just sleeping)... i would advice you to try use the 3ds game/portal to reset the none working... it should make them work again.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:22:13 01/01/2012 by kappapopm
#21 Posted: 20:39:04 01/01/2012
To be honest with you, I don't know anyone else who plays the game in my area except for me. I don't have the 3DS version either. If I do see one, though, I'll give it a try.
#22 Posted: 20:45:46 01/01/2012
To be honest with you, I don't know anyone else who plays the game in my area except for me. I don't have the 3DS version either. If I do see one, though, I'll give it a try.

maybe someone here in the forum own a 3ds version and not live long away from you?...
#23 Posted: 20:49:13 01/01/2012
Dunno, but I wouldn't feel comfortable asking that of anyone here...
SkylanderMAN25 Red Sparx Gems: 38
#24 Posted: 20:20:16 03/01/2012
How do u put up the i have .... skylander heads?
#25 Posted: 22:00:48 03/01/2012
Quote: SkylanderMAN25

you will have to post 10 posts a day for each head smilie
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#26 Posted: 22:22:54 03/01/2012
Quote: kappapopm
Quote: SkylanderMAN25

you will have to post 10 posts a day for each head smilie

WTG, fill the board with moar spam
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#27 Posted: 23:18:17 03/01/2012

Hey, here's an idea. Just don't look at the skull!
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Beautiful Heart Blue Sparx Gems: 763
#28 Posted: 00:04:59 04/01/2012
I have both versions...yet I have no broken Skylander..and I don't live where you are
---
[i]Beautiful Heart ♪[/¡]
#29 Posted: 01:43:30 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr

Easier than it sounds.

I also have my dad to be concerned with. I don't exactly want to be yelled at for a skull being on a figure.
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#30 Posted: 02:18:41 04/01/2012
youll be terifird on the creapy citadel
derterifii Green Sparx Gems: 141
#31 Posted: 16:31:53 04/01/2012

don't be a jerk.

Easier than it sounds.

I also have my dad to be concerned with. I don't exactly want to be yelled at for a skull being on a figure.

I'm assuming that you mean "easier said than done"?

also, why would your dad be upset over a skull on a toy? not to sound insensitive, but I don't understand.

And Spyro Assassin, Spell Check is your friend.
---
"I can think outside the box. which means, I can also think inside the chimney!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:34:54 04/01/2012 by derterifii
#32 Posted: 02:40:49 05/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: derterifii

don't be a jerk.

Easier than it sounds.

also, why would your dad be upset over a skull on a toy? not to sound insensitive, but I don't understand.

Yes, I do. I was tired then...

My dad has a bit of an 'Everything is bad' mentality, and wouldn't tolerate a toy having a skull on it, since it goes against what he believes. Truth be told, I personally dislike the skull for the same reason he likely would (implying death, and possibly the embracing/worship of it). I understand that goes with the Undead, but the character I want to get is Cynder, whose Undead connection is more questionable (and less noticeable) than the others.

Basically, I don't want my dad to think I'm interested in things to do with the dead (because he would punish me for it). I just want a character I like, and to complete the game 100%. Thing is, my dad is notorious for jumping to conclusions and slamming me without looking at the bigger picture.

Since my dad isn't very likely to see the game, and possibly less likely to see Cynder in-game, it's not a problem. But the base is a dead giveaway, and it bothers me as well. Another reason it bothers me is I don't think it even fits Cynder.
#33 Posted: 04:09:02 05/01/2012
Quote: derterifii

don't be a jerk.

Easier than it sounds.

Yes, I do. I was tired then...

My dad has a bit of an 'Everything is bad' mentality, and wouldn't tolerate a toy having a skull on it, since it goes against what he believes. Truth be told, I personally dislike the skull for the same reason he likely would (implying death, and possibly the embracing/worship of it). I understand that goes with the Undead, but the character I want to get is Cynder, whose Undead connection is more questionable (and less noticeable) than the others.

Basically, I don't want my dad to think I'm interested in things to do with the dead (because he would punish me for it). I just want a character I like, and to complete the game 100%. Thing is, my dad is notorious for jumping to conclusions and slamming me without looking at the bigger picture.

Since my dad isn't very likely to see the game, and possibly less likely to see Cynder in-game, it's not a problem. But the base is a dead giveaway, and it bothers me as well. Another reason it bothers me is I don't think it even fits Cynder.

I am not sure of your age and I don't have a clue about your relationship with your parents. I am not about to tell you how to live your life. However, if you "hide" something only for it to be found out later, nothing but bad can come from that. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and seem to be able to articulate your point well. Have you considered sitting down with your parents and explaining what skylanders is, how it works, and how Cynder isn't really "undead"?
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#34 Posted: 04:28:31 05/01/2012
=shrugs= I agree. try to explain the story to your parents.
and if you're not comfortable with doing that, I'd say modeling clay is your best bet.
I wouldn't risk taking the thing apart.
---
#35 Posted: 04:42:05 05/01/2012 | Topic Creator
My mom understands my stance and agrees with me. She's more accepting than my dad is on things like this, because she's able to put things into perspective and look at the bigger picture, rather than go into Rant Mode the second she sees something that possibly is a problem, like my dad does quite often. In fact, she's been watching me play and doesn't mind the Undead characters.

My dad, however, never really gives me a chance to talk (and if he does, he'll cut me off the minute I say something he doesn't quite agree with, and misses the point completely). I could probably explain that the base used to be a skull, but I redid it due to disliking it, and he might understand. But to just leave it there and try to hide it from him, or leave it in plain sight...he'd yell so loudly and fast I wouldn't get a chance to explain anything. And then he'd just leave me feeling even worse about myself than I already have from past issues. But this isn't about my personal life, so I'll stop here.

Yeah, I've decided to try using clay. I'm too prone to misplacing things to risk taking it apart. I do have some ideas on making a nice, colourful base that fits Cynder, rather than just a bland one.
Poptimus Green Sparx Gems: 218
#36 Posted: 04:42:32 05/01/2012
I'm so lost. Why is death, a natural and inevitable phenomena, such a bad thing?
#37 Posted: 04:47:43 05/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote:
the embracing/worship of it

...Just forget I even said anything... I regret even making this dang topic.........
#38 Posted: 04:53:32 05/01/2012
Nah man, its better than all those "zomg cynder!!!!1!!1" topics. I just don't think its worth the trouble of trying to change something so small. I don't know your relationship with your dad, but if its that big of a deal that he would punish you for it he needs to think about your relationship and his beliefs.
#39 Posted: 05:05:14 05/01/2012 | Topic Creator
*shrugs* As I've stated before, I don't like the skull much (and feel it's unfitting for Cynder), so it's not just fear of my dad that motivated my decision to try changing it.

Funny though, I don't mind T-Bone at all (which is a bit surprising, since I was prepared to dislike him as soon as I knew an Undead character would show up). I actually find him very amusing, and even though he's a skeleton, he looks friendly. The skull on the base sends a very wrong message to me. It looks a bit too...dark/evil, shall we say. But that's just my opinion, and I'll respect that others will disagree.
#40 Posted: 05:10:09 05/01/2012
Fair enough, I understand completely. If it's mostly out of pure personal choice and comfort, go for it. I just find the skull kinda dope, especially since it glows in the dark and is the only base with something so unique.
#41 Posted: 05:30:30 05/01/2012
@ Isis : having your mom on your side is all the ammo you need. As it is in every household, the moms/wives run the show. If anyone tells you differently, they are lying to protect themselves. My suggestion is to ask your mom to talk to your dad and see if he can assist you to "cover up the evil." You never know, it might turn into a bonding moment with your pops. It very well could prevent some of that yelling that goes on.
---
My kids own :
#42 Posted: 06:35:44 05/01/2012
well then just put clay over the dang thing and the problems solved.
---
Team Drago
#43 Posted: 06:44:24 05/01/2012
Use 3 layers of black paint over the whole base.
#44 Posted: 11:44:45 05/01/2012
anyhow, related to the whole skull issue, I somewhat agree.
In my opinion, when deciding the base for the undead element, I would have chose something more cartoon-like. not this "Yar! pirate rock!" thing. so... yeah.
---
#45 Posted: 23:27:05 05/01/2012
I've got an idea! You could tell him that Cynder's like a palentologist or something, and the skull is a dinosaur head, and that in the game you have to try and discover new species of Dinos or something, he can't be against that can he?
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#46 Posted: 02:13:57 06/01/2012
The skull looks kinda human more than a dinosaur
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
#47 Posted: 02:17:52 06/01/2012
^There's a lot of different dinosaurs, or maybe it could be a caveman skull...
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Salanite Red Sparx Gems: 92
#48 Posted: 23:57:16 06/02/2012
The skull isn't a problem-to me! I heard that stealth elf's dagars glow in the dark. It could be 3DS stealth elf only. I got stealth elf and discovered that the dagars don't glow.
---
Got smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Gettin smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me