Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Younger kids really bonding with the toys?
Page 1 of 1
Younger kids really bonding with the toys? [CLOSED]
SuperMegaBoss10 Green Sparx Gems: 461
#1 Posted: 03:51:51 30/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Yuo know when the game was coming out and Activision said that kids will bond with the figures and love them and not want them to die? Is there any evidence of that or is it just bull****? My sister seemed to bond with my brother's Stump Smash, even calling him her good oaf (I don't really know what that means but she is still pretty little.) My brother was pretty mad at her for it (he is even younger than her)
---
Like A Boss!
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10097
#2 Posted: 03:58:30 30/12/2011
Well, I like my figures, but it's not like I'd be heartbroken if they died. I was pretty bummed out when two of mine stopped working, but I wouldn't call it "bonding" as such...but that's just IMO.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#3 Posted: 04:05:23 30/12/2011
I really like my figures, but I don't really "bond" with them. I'd be sad if one stopped working, but I'd just get a new one.
I guess I can see why kids would bond with them.
---
but i love it all smooth
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#4 Posted: 04:09:10 30/12/2011
I probably would if I were a kid. I remember caring deeply for my favorite toys when I was really young, and these could very well be that to the newest generation. Heck, my five-month-old is already enamored by Eruptor--he FREAKS when we play as him, and loves chewing on his hands and holding him. It's cute, and bodes well for statements like the one you're speaking of.
SpyroForever Red Sparx Gems: 87
#5 Posted: 04:38:14 30/12/2011
I felt proud of my PS3 starter trio after thy beat Kaos. Does that make me weird? smilie
---
Long live the dragon! smilie smilie smilie
Skylanders Collection: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#6 Posted: 04:39:34 30/12/2011
Quote: Tashiji
I probably would if I were a kid. I remember caring deeply for my favorite toys when I was really young, and these could very well be that to the newest generation. Heck, my five-month-old is already enamored by Eruptor--he FREAKS when we play as him, and loves chewing on his hands and holding him. It's cute, and bodes well for statements like the one you're speaking of.

It doesn't sound like it bodes so well for Eruptor when your baby starts teething, though. smilie
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#7 Posted: 04:42:51 30/12/2011
My little cousin and nephews love their skylander figures. I don't know how much they "bond" with them. But they'll occasionally do non-videogame things with them, such as play "Sky Chess" or use them for made up board games. And they just have loads of fun finding ways to display or hide them.

Pretty much inspired my Toy Story-ish skylander fan comic. Which they egged on every time I lose interest. :P
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:50:37 30/12/2011 by SilentButDeadly
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#8 Posted: 04:47:07 30/12/2011
I have multiple "duplicates" Skylanders which my two boys (9 and 6) purchased using saved allowance for the sole reason they wanted their "own". They don't even want me to write an initial on the bottom to easily identify who's is who as that would "ruin" them ...

In all, they each have three whom they truly adore.
#9 Posted: 04:48:04 30/12/2011
Quote: chaosworrier

It doesn't sound like it bodes so well for Eruptor when your baby starts teething, though. smilie

He already is! ; ;

Two teeth, front and center on the bottom row. Five months seems a little early, but yet there they are. We're going to need to buy a mommy & daddy Eruptor and just leave his with him once teeth marks start showing.
#10 Posted: 04:56:28 30/12/2011 | Topic Creator
^ That's funny! My brother also feels bad for his Skylanders when they die, but he dosn't seem to care about mine.
---
Like A Boss!
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#11 Posted: 05:02:07 30/12/2011
Quote: chaosworrier

He already is! ; ;

Two teeth, front and center on the bottom row. Five months seems a little early, but yet there they are. We're going to need to buy a mommy & daddy Eruptor and just leave his with him once teeth marks start showing.

Wouldn't buying a teething ring be cheaper and more effective?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#12 Posted: 05:04:29 30/12/2011
I braught my Skylanders over to my grandmother's one day when my cousins where over. Tegan is 10, and Trebor 6. Trebor adored Chop-Chop. He even showed him to his mother (my Aunt T.) and Tegan liked Stealth Elf a lot.

Makes me want to invite them over so we can play Skylanders together. c:
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#13 Posted: 05:07:36 30/12/2011
Technically, yes. smilie
DantheDragonBoy Green Sparx Gems: 404
#14 Posted: 05:12:08 30/12/2011
I think that affects me too.
I'm not afraid to say this, but even I would find myself just playing about with my Skylanders in my spare time. I feel my bond grew with mostly Wrecking Ball for he was the cutest of the Skylanders, and I just adore him.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
#15 Posted: 05:13:54 30/12/2011
I find myself playing my Drobot and Zap more.

They're both so cute. <3
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#16 Posted: 05:21:11 30/12/2011 | Topic Creator
^I am embarrassed to say that I sometimes bring my Boomer upstairs and put him right by my bed right before I go to sleep. So I geuss that all three kids in my family are affected by it.
---
Like A Boss!
#17 Posted: 05:22:25 30/12/2011
I actually braught Drobot to bed with me when I first got him.

sghuiotbnf ;w;
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
#18 Posted: 05:24:56 30/12/2011
^
Not mortified to say I brought Wrecking Ball, Zap, and Trigger Happy by my bed once.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
#19 Posted: 05:36:30 30/12/2011
I think I might bring Spyro, Zap, and Drobot to bed with me tonight. c:
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
#20 Posted: 05:38:04 30/12/2011
I might bring Zap and Dino-Rang to bed with me tonight =^w^=
#21 Posted: 05:40:12 30/12/2011
In fact, I have my Wrecking Ball beside me right this moment smilie
---
37/37
#22 Posted: 05:40:56 30/12/2011
I've got Dino-Rang next to me :3 He's so cute, in a reptilian way
KZomb Yellow Sparx Gems: 1895
#23 Posted: 06:28:10 30/12/2011
Hell, back when I was 7 and the very first Spyro game came out, I bonded with Spyro even without having a physical toy of him, saying "Spyro is my friend!" and stuff.

I can def see little kids getting attached to their Skylanders.
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#24 Posted: 10:13:16 30/12/2011
I think there could be some weight behind that. I remember when I was younger and one of my Pokémon games erased itself, I was devastated! When you put your time and energy into raising something, even virtual, you grow attached to it.
---
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Taintie Green Sparx Gems: 132
#25 Posted: 10:32:53 30/12/2011
Agreed with the pokemon statement... I still get upset if my pokemon game glitches out on me. I still 'bond' with my pokemanz, so much so that my first caught pokemon (usually rattata) turns into my fave... and my starter rots in a box... I'm backwards.

Anyway, we bought this game for the entire family, myself and my fiance with our own and our own set of figures, and a set for everyone to share. They divided them up as evenly as possible and now they're all pretty attatched to theirs. My youngest sister (aged seven) is pretty attatched to Whirlwind in particular. This only drives my fiance crazy because his logic was having so many would avoid any 'mine!' conflicts, but I assured him the dividing up was normal for us. Ah, dealing with someone who was an only child... how used to being able to keep his toys soley his own...
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie]
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#26 Posted: 12:29:42 30/12/2011
I like to hold my Whirlwind smilie

I also like to hold my Sonic Boom, but not as much as my Whirlwind smilie

When Cynder is out I will probbly hold her the most smilie
Leviathan94 Green Sparx Gems: 127
#27 Posted: 13:11:27 30/12/2011
Quote: spyrathedragon
I find myself playing my Drobot and Zap more.

They're both so cute. <3

Especially Zap for his cute adorable voices and laughs he makes. Little Zap I adored my Zap and to this day I pretty much use him the most (you can tell cause he has about 70k gold smilie) My other favorite next to Zappy, is Whirlwind and Ignitor (They tie). Love Zap.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie]= Top Priority
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me