Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Toys R Us Rewards Certificate post [CLOSED]
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#1 Posted: 21:11:33 26/12/2011 | Topic Creator

Hey everyone. I just wanted to make a post for those that took advantage of this promotion. It was spend 100$ on skylanders IN STORE from halloween to christmas then get a certificate for a free skylander. I called today and they said we should receive this by January 15th. Will it be legendary trigger or will new characters be out by then? I made this post so those of u that did this also can reply on when u received your voucher and what it is for. She said they will be mailed not emailed. Feel free to add any info if u have any. They can be reached by calling 1800toysrus then hit option 5 for rewards.
Phoenixdragon Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#2 Posted: 21:17:46 26/12/2011
Quote:
Will it be legendary trigger or will new characters be out by then?

In January there WILL be new Skylanders. smilie

Cynder
Double Trouble
Empire of Ice with Slam Bam
Tripple Pack F with Whirlwind, Double Trouble and Drill Sergeant

there are 2 current topics about the release dates:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=44795

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=44582
---
smilie Sunburn - "Roast N' Toast!" smilie

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenixdrag0n
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:19:46 26/12/2011 by Phoenixdragon
kevinsm2769 Blue Sparx Gems: 760
#3 Posted: 16:18:37 28/12/2011
I got my certificate today from Toys R Us by email and it is good for a Free Skylanders figure in store only up to $7.99 and is good until 01/31/12, hopefully some new figures will be released before then as i already have every figure released so far. So much for the exclusive figure smilie
---
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of others.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#4 Posted: 17:25:36 28/12/2011
Got my 4 certificates as well.

Gonna hold onto them until January 30th (the day before), in hopes new characters come to the stores. If not, guess I am buying more to keep sealed for some reason.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
jlieu Red Sparx Gems: 59
#5 Posted: 21:40:09 29/12/2011
Received two of mine as well (I'm guessing I will be receiving more in the next 'batch' since I certainly spent more...).

Unfortunately not a Legendary Trigger Happy. Also, not good that it says up to $7.99 and TRU has jacked up all the single Skylanders to $9.99, LOL. In any case, I am sure you guys received your $5/$6 "R" Us Dollars too.

I am just wondering, what the heck can we spend this on as everything seems to be excluded...(Video games, video game hardware, video game accessories, gift cards, etc.). Was thinking of getting Nintendo eShop card for 3DS/DSi, but that does not seem like an option anymore either, haha.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#6 Posted: 22:12:54 29/12/2011
I would not find that acceptable. I reckon that the vouchers were printed out before the price hike and did not take it into account.

I would contest this at the store that the deal was for a free Skylander fig and that is what I should get. The person serving will not have authority to authorise this so ask to speak to a manager.

Politely nut firmly state that anything less than receiving a free Skylander with no extra outlay is false advertising and will be legally pursued as such.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
jlieu Red Sparx Gems: 59
#7 Posted: 22:53:47 29/12/2011
Good suggestion chaosworrier. I think I'll try that whenever I decide to use it. Even the 3-pack was raised to $24.99 (from $19.99), crazy.
#8 Posted: 02:57:25 30/12/2011
If they try to pull that shady stunt, that the Skylander certificate doesn't work, then file with the BBB, due to false advertising.

I have an email which clearly states (I saved it) that you can get a free Skylanders figure for purchasing 100 dollars worth of Skylanders merch.

They won't play this game with me, I gaurentee it.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#9 Posted: 15:53:09 31/12/2011
Hmm. I got an email today from TRU Rewards, but there was nothing about the Skylanders in there (it was just the regular rewards coupons). Is there a separate email they come in?

I sent them a message and this is what I got:

Quote: Rewards Email
Thank you for contacting RUs.com regarding our promotional offer for a
free action figure when purchasing $100 or more of Skylander Spyro's
Adventure merchandise. Due to the overwhelming popularity of this
promotion, our inventory of the action figure has been depleted. Though
we tried to gauge our guests' interest to the best of our ability, the
promotion was advertised as "while supplies last."

I apologize for any disappointment this may cause you. We strive to
offer a level of service which invites you to return, and it is never
our intention for our promotions to cause any of our guests
dissatisfaction. Guests such as yourself are truly important to us and
deserve the best of what we have to offer.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at either
of the numbers listed below or just respond to this email. Thank you
again for contacting RUs.com. We value your business and look forward to
serving you in the future!

Now...I have a few problems with this. I was pretty sure the voucher we're getting was for a figure, not an actual figure being mailed to us or something. So how could they have a "depleted" inventory of them? There's nothing physically there to run out of, right? Plus, it's "while supplies last"...i gained the $100 on Oct. 21st, which was near the beginning of the promotional period. So I should have been near the beginning of people to get them, right?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#10 Posted: 18:19:28 31/12/2011
You have a month from today, to use your coupon. Just wait it out, as they get new stock in. Their distribution centers have to get more from the company, so they can send them to stores.
---
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#11 Posted: 21:37:56 31/12/2011
was this in the states only?
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#12 Posted: 04:09:56 02/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
If they try to pull that shady stunt, that the Skylander certificate doesn't work, then file with the BBB, due to false advertising.

I have an email which clearly states (I saved it) that you can get a free Skylanders figure for purchasing 100 dollars worth of Skylanders merch.

They won't play this game with me, I gaurentee it.

Do you mind copy & pasting that email for me? I am late to the party and didn't hear about this sooner. I am trying to ascertain if I made enough qualifing purchases for it. Is it bad news that I already got my $5/$6 coupons and no email about this offer?
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
CoastyJimbo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1778
#13 Posted: 04:23:54 02/01/2012
The Skylanders coupon was right after the $6 coupons in the TRU rewards Email for me.
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#14 Posted: 03:25:35 03/01/2012
Quote: CoastyJimbo
The Skylanders coupon was right after the $6 coupons in the TRU rewards Email for me.

I just double checked my email and I have coupons for diapers, imaginarium toys, and some other things but no skylanders.

BTW, just what the heck do they expect me to spend the reward $ on?

Quote: TRU Rewards
Excludes diapers, formula, video games, video game hardware, video game accessories, Apple products, gift cards, photo studios, Motherhood Maternity, Buyer Protection Plan, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, and shipping & handling. "R"Us Dollars Certificate(s) can be used toward the one-time purchase of qualifying products at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us.

Maybe I will get that Lego set I had my eye on.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me