First | Previous | Page 24 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 37 38 39
Upgrade Paths Recommendation Thread [STICKY]
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#1151 Posted: 20:13:49 08/06/2012
Quote: ArcticWolf54
Should I get chop chop sunburn dark spyro zap or prism break

Sunburn because he comes with a level and items.

Chop Chop is aweful, Dark Spyro is pretty much exactly the same as normal Spyro, If I were you I'd wait until Giants brings the light up Prism Break (sources say he will work in Spyro's Adventure too). I like Zap but I'd wait for his re-pose if I were you.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
HexDisciple Green Sparx Gems: 249
#1152 Posted: 21:21:58 08/06/2012
Dunno, uh Sunburn cuz hes an Adventure pack character and they are a pain the neck to get?At least in portugal they are
---
Gotcha!
Madhouse1 Green Sparx Gems: 450
#1153 Posted: 21:55:08 08/06/2012

Sunburn is a great overpower character but since you can only get him in a exlusive more expensive set maybe not. Prism break get. Don't get dark spyro unless you gust want a more powerful version of spyro. Chop chop isn't very good but kinda fun. Zap is the weakest character but again kinda fun. Top three get sunburn prism break and zap.
---
Right now I'm willing to battle people on Super Smash Bros Brawl
#1154 Posted: 22:04:49 08/06/2012
Off Topic: Madhouse1, I don't mean to be rude, I'm just trying to be helpful because I'm assuming English is not your first language but I've seen you make this same little mistake a lot of times now so I thought I'd let you know:

Just
adverb

• within a brief preceding time; but a moment before: The sun just came out.
  • exactly or precisely: This is just what I mean.
  • by a narrow margin; barely: The arrow just missed the mark.
  • only or merely: He was just a clerk until he became ambitious.
  • actually; really; positively: The weather is just glorious.

Gust
noun

• a sudden, strong blast of wind.
  • a sudden rush or burst of water, fire, smoke, sound, etc.
  • an outburst of passionate feeling.

Again, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just trying to help you... if I come across as rude I'm very sorry, it's not my intention but I'm tired and ill right now so I may not be coming across as intended.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Madhouse1 Green Sparx Gems: 450
#1155 Posted: 22:12:42 08/06/2012
Its fine I just spell just sometimes with a g because I forget. i'm not a adult yet
---
Right now I'm willing to battle people on Super Smash Bros Brawl
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:13:36 08/06/2012 by Madhouse1
#1156 Posted: 22:22:16 08/06/2012
Neither am I.Does that really matter?
---
Gotcha!
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1157 Posted: 01:59:46 09/06/2012
Quote: Madhouse1
Quote: joerox123
Undead
Cynder- Dash Path
Chop Chop/L-Chop Chop- Undead Defender
Ghost Roaster- On Wii, Fear Eater. On 360, Charge Path
Hex- Either
Earth
Bash/L-Bash-Either
Dino-Rang- Earthen Avenger
Terrafin- Sandhog
Prism Break- Crystaleer
Magic
Wrecking Ball- Total Tongue
Spyro/L-Spyro/Dark Spyro- Sheep Burner
Voodood- Elementalist
Double Trouble- Channeler
Tech
Trigger Happy/L-Trigger Happy- Golden Money Bags
Drobot- Clockwork Dragon
Boomer- Clobber Troll
Drill Sergeant- Battledozer
Air
Lightning Rod- Lightning Path
Sonic Boom- Either
Whirlwind- Either
Warnado- Eye of the Storm
Water
Wham-Shell- Captain Crustacean
Slam Bam- Either
Gill Grunt- Harpooner
Zap- Tesla Dragon
Life
Camo- Either
Zook- Floral Defender
Stealth Elf- Forest Ninja
Stump Smash- Nut Path
Fire
Sunburn- Flame Lord
Ignitor- Blademaster
Eruptor- Volcanor
Flameslinger- Pyromancer

Some of those are not the right choice. by the way im sugar-coating it

edit: srry bout double posting

I agreee. Who would want forest ninja for s elf or clock work dragon for drobot. Your the first person. Stonefist traps suck so who would want to upgrade them on eathern avenger, crazy. Gill grunt on Harpooner, dude your missing a great opportunity with WW. And blademaster for ignitor, that guy is crazy, is he trying out all the bad paths gust for kicks smilie

Have you tried them! I kill with these. You need to learn how to use them. *sigh* Here we go again. CLOCKWORK DRAGON IS BETTER!
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:40:52 09/06/2012 by joerox123
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#1158 Posted: 02:16:55 09/06/2012
You might disagree, but you can't call people idiots here. That's outright flaming, and against the rules.
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#1159 Posted: 03:23:36 09/06/2012
Quote: Cheeseman
Try Golden Money Bags for Triggs. You won't be disappointed. It does far more damage than Golden Frenzy, which just sucks in my opinion.

Thanks I might try that, might force my sister to think instead of shoot randomly anyway
And to arcticwolf54 I will take sunburn and zap, from what I read and watched the teleporting and slime is fun
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:26:48 09/06/2012 by Stealthelfrocks
#1160 Posted: 04:50:11 09/06/2012
Second Golden Money Bags. You'll be surprised at how much damage Trigger Happy can actually do, and how little he actually loses out on in this path. I think it's a grand total of 3 damage per standard bullet, bullets don't bounce, and no Golden Yamato Blast. Even the machine gun does the exact same damage on both paths, and the coin toss is HUGELY upgraded. It really raises Trigger Happy's overall worth to be Golden Moneybags.
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1161 Posted: 08:18:34 09/06/2012
Hey tashiji, what would you say the best air champion is for pvp?
#1162 Posted: 13:27:01 09/06/2012
About Money Bags, yes, what Tashiji said, plus it multiplies its range, also, if you narrowly miss, there will be another 15 damage waiting.
The trap effect can be useful, provided the coin lands near.Also, you can combine the Coin Toss with the bullets.Just toss the coin, then quickly unload with coins.It helps me a great deal.
I'm not saying that Golden Frenzy sucks, because let's face it, if you can force your opponent to stay in the center area of Cyclops Square, or the lower level of the Aqueduct, they're as good as dead, even if the first shot doesn't hit them, the rebound will.
---
Gotcha!
#1163 Posted: 15:39:27 09/06/2012
I do like the bouncing bullets... but I'm starting to think that maybe I should give Golden Money Bags a try... that said I caved to popular opinion and changed my Harpooner Gill Grunt to Water Weaver and now I never use him... I really really hate the way way it takes so long to re-aim the hose when it's being used... once I got his trophy I stopped using him. I am aware that it is probably my lack of skill with him that makes me dislike him but that doesn't change the fact that I just don't want to use him anymore.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:40:19 09/06/2012 by Deandria
pigman50 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#1164 Posted: 17:29:28 09/06/2012
These are my recommendations:

Spyro:
Spyro becomes very powerful with the blitz path. He can stun enemies, then repeatedly hammer them for more damage.

Voodood:
Go for the axe path. You can do massive melee damage and you also get a faster zipline axe.

Wrecking Ball:
Pick the spinner path; you get some incredible damage for his roll.

Double Trouble:
Go for the channeler path. It makes Doubles Trouble the strongest character in the game.

Bash:
Both paths are good, but I like the tail path for its epic damage.

Dino-rang:
Definitely the boomerang path. No question.

Prism Break:
This guy becomes a beast with the crystal path. He bombards the enemies with waves of crystals, and if they get close, he uses crystal eruption.

Terrafin:
The Sandhog path makes Terrafin epic. He can dodge all attacks while underground and do damage.

Slam Bam:
Best on Blizzard Brawler. He becomes the best melee character in the game.

Zap:
Go for Tesla Dragon for more damage, but Zap is rather weak whatever path you choose.

Gill Grunt:
Go for the Water path, mainly for the infinite water tank.

Wham-Shell:
He is very powerful on the mace path, due to the powered up Poseidon strike.

Ignitor:
Not sure with this guy. I had him on the flame soul path, but reset him to try the sword path. Haven't trained him up fully yet.

Sunburn:
Teleportation path is best here. Sunburn is remarkably strong.

Flameslinger:
Go for the arrow path. It is difficult to get close to a rushing flameslinger.

Eruptor:
Eruption path. Eruptor becomes a total beast with this. His eruption can do obscene damage.

Boomer:
Bombs path. All he has to do is press A and Z repeatedly to win.

Drobot:
Laser path. It makes him almost unstoppable.

Trigger Happy:
I personally like the Moneybags path, as it gives Triggs a powerful throwing attack.

Drill Sergeant:
Megadozer. He becomes insanely fast and his auto-blaster is very helpful.

Camo:
Melon Master. The melons do incredible damage with this.

Stump Smash:
Unsure, but Nut crafter seems good.

Stealth Elf:
Pook Blade Saint. Stealth Elf is extremely powerful with the upgrades on this path.

Zook:
Floral Defender.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:
Quote: Sonic (At Robotnik)
Well this is a switch! A whale carrying a harpoon!

#1165 Posted: 19:00:58 09/06/2012
Well, those are mostly accurate suggestions, but about smilie...Sure, on Megadozer he gets speed and auto-Blaster, but BattleDozer is also an almost fail-proof path, since if the main missiles don't hit, the MIRV ones will.
---
Gotcha!
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#1166 Posted: 20:21:56 09/06/2012
Quote: Stealthelfrocks
Hello, I just recently joined and stuff. Umm... What do you guys think of this for pvp, I like to battle my sister which for some reason dies everytime we do story together.
Stealth elf: pook blade saint
Bash: pulver, I like upgrading speed moves
Eruptor: volcanor, I have wii
Terrafin: sand hog
Trigger happy: golden frenzy
Chop chop: vampiric aura
Wrecking ball: ultimate spinner
Sonic boom: babies
Gill grunt: I used harpoon but I studied about all and every path of all skylanders and found out water weaver is better so I reseted him
Are these good. I can be good about recommendations for other skylanders too from studying. I even have a iPad app about collecting skylanders and recommended paths. But not 100% reliable

Yep, you pretty much chose the right paths. Some people may argue with Golden Frenzy, but other than that...
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#1167 Posted: 20:30:02 09/06/2012
Quote: pigman50
These are my recommendations:

Spyro:
Spyro becomes very powerful with the blitz path. He can stun enemies, then repeatedly hammer them for more damage.

Voodood:
Go for the axe path. You can do massive melee damage and you also get a faster zipline axe.

Wrecking Ball:
Pick the spinner path; you get some incredible damage for his roll.

Double Trouble:
Go for the channeler path. It makes Doubles Trouble the strongest character in the game.

Bash:
Both paths are good, but I like the tail path for its epic damage.

Dino-rang:
Definitely the boomerang path. No question.

Prism Break:
This guy becomes a beast with the crystal path. He bombards the enemies with waves of crystals, and if they get close, he uses crystal eruption.

Terrafin:
The Sandhog path makes Terrafin epic. He can dodge all attacks while underground and do damage.

Slam Bam:
Best on Blizzard Brawler. He becomes the best melee character in the game.

Zap:
Go for Tesla Dragon for more damage, but Zap is rather weak whatever path you choose.

Gill Grunt:
Go for the Water path, mainly for the infinite water tank.

Wham-Shell:
He is very powerful on the mace path, due to the powered up Poseidon strike.

Ignitor:
Not sure with this guy. I had him on the flame soul path, but reset him to try the sword path. Haven't trained him up fully yet.

Sunburn:
Teleportation path is best here. Sunburn is remarkably strong.

Flameslinger:
Go for the arrow path. It is difficult to get close to a rushing flameslinger.

Eruptor:
Eruption path. Eruptor becomes a total beast with this. His eruption can do obscene damage.

Boomer:
Bombs path. All he has to do is press A and Z repeatedly to win.

Drobot:
Laser path. It makes him almost unstoppable.

Trigger Happy:
I personally like the Moneybags path, as it gives Triggs a powerful throwing attack.

Drill Sergeant:
Megadozer. He becomes insanely fast and his auto-blaster is very helpful.

Camo:
Melon Master. The melons do incredible damage with this.

Stump Smash:
Unsure, but Nut crafter seems good.

Stealth Elf:
Pook Blade Saint. Stealth Elf is extremely powerful with the upgrades on this path.

Zook:
Floral Defender.

I agree with these paths. But Slam Bam the best melee character? He's good, but i know a little Life elf who could be better...
---
#1168 Posted: 20:31:31 09/06/2012
Quote: HexDisciple
Well, those are mostly accurate suggestions, but about smilie...Sure, on Megadozer he gets speed and auto-Blaster, but BattleDozer is also an almost fail-proof path, since if the main missiles don't hit, the MIRV ones will.

Maybe, but from what i have heard, the MIRV ones don't do that much damage. A combination of all the attacks on a Megadozer DS can make a massive impact.
---
Inkie566 Green Sparx Gems: 223
#1169 Posted: 22:44:29 09/06/2012

Chop Chop is awful, and by that I mean truly awful, on both paths. Dark Spyro is just the same as Spyro, upgrade-wise. I suggest Prism Break if you're not planning on getting the LightCore version with the Giants release. Zap is amazing. It's fun to mess around with Slime Serpent. I usually just slide around on the waves for fun ^-^

I like Sunburn because, well, it's an adventure pack. Sunburn is pretty cool when upgraded. You also get the two extra items and a new level, Dragon's Peak, which I think is neat. The adventure is neat itself.

So, I say Zap or Sunburn, or Prism Break if you don't want the LC one. It depends on which one you like most.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:47:16 09/06/2012 by Inkie566
#1170 Posted: 23:55:25 09/06/2012
Quote: Bean Sprout
Quote: Stealthelfrocks
Hello, I just recently joined and stuff. Umm... What do you guys think of this for pvp, I like to battle my sister which for some reason dies everytime we do story together.
Stealth elf: pook blade saint
Bash: pulver, I like upgrading speed moves
Eruptor: volcanor, I have wii
Terrafin: sand hog
Trigger happy: golden frenzy
Chop chop: vampiric aura
Wrecking ball: ultimate spinner
Sonic boom: babies
Gill grunt: I used harpoon but I studied about all and every path of all skylanders and found out water weaver is better so I reseted him
Are these good. I can be good about recommendations for other skylanders too from studying. I even have a iPad app about collecting skylanders and recommended paths. But not 100% reliable

Yep, you pretty much chose the right paths. Some people may argue with Golden Frenzy, but other than that...

I tried to reset him but he is my sisters fav skylander and she was like no!!! Not trigger happy! And I couldn't try, but I like the bouncing bullets. Against the electric guys I just shot one bullet and it bounced off the walls then killed the one guy with one bullet, in my opinion I actually prefer the bouncing bullets. Helps my sister too even though she still dies.
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#1171 Posted: 00:56:58 10/06/2012
Quote: Hazard335

Definitely Medea Griffon Sonic Bomb. Egg grenades are pretty beastly at 40 damage per hit. The babies may not do much damage, but they provide enough of a nuisance to turn things in your favor. Even the roar does the same damage as Siren's without being charged, but you probably won't find yourself using that very much. Egg bomb spam and babies to blanket any getaway you may need add up to a pretty potent combination.

Sadly, the downside to using Air in PVP is that they aren't really very good against the element they're supposed to beat. Earth is just such a stacked element that you can't really pick out an Air champion and have them tear things up in four short, dominant victories the same way you can with Stealth Elf against Water or Drobot against Magic, for example. If you want one of each element on your team, definitely take Sonic Boom. She doesn't do terribly well against Terrafin and Dino Rang, but she can handle Bash and Prism Break, which is more than I can say for the rest of the element. Personally, I sub out Air from my eight-member PVP team entirely and double up on Life with Zook.
#1172 Posted: 01:17:18 10/06/2012
Quote: Tashiji

Definitely Medea Griffon Sonic Bomb. Egg grenades are pretty beastly at 40 damage per hit. The babies may not do much damage, but they provide enough of a nuisance to turn things in your favor. Even the roar does the same damage as Siren's without being charged, but you probably won't find yourself using that very much. Egg bomb spam and babies to blanket any getaway you may need add up to a pretty potent combination.

Sadly, the downside to using Air in PVP is that they aren't really very good against the element they're supposed to beat. Earth is just such a stacked element that you can't really pick out an Air champion and have them tear things up in four short, dominant victories the same way you can with Stealth Elf against Water or Drobot against Magic, for example. If you want one of each element on your team, definitely take Sonic Boom. She doesn't do terribly well against Terrafin and Dino Rang, but she can handle Bash and Prism Break, which is more than I can say for the rest of the element. Personally, I sub out Air from my eight-member PVP team entirely and double up on Life with Zook.

I agree with this
---
Inkie566 Green Sparx Gems: 223
#1173 Posted: 01:34:14 10/06/2012
Quote: noco99
What's everybody's favorite Skylander, and what path? Mine is SotF Ignitor (Thank's Tashiji for the awesome advice for that path!).

Marksman Flameslinger ^-^
#1174 Posted: 01:59:42 10/06/2012

Get Sunburn. He's your avatar for one, so that means you like him. Secondly, he comes with Dragon's Peak, which comes with the Winged Hat. Winged Hat is the best hat in the game. So, you get a favorite figure, a new level, two magic items, and the greatest hat you'll ever come across.
#1175 Posted: 03:31:43 10/06/2012
Quote: noco99
What's everybody's favorite Skylander, and what path? Mine is SotF Ignitor (Thank's Tashiji for the awesome advice for that path!).

stealth elf on pook blade saint path
---
#1176 Posted: 04:15:59 10/06/2012

Get Sunburn. He's your avatar for one, so that means you like him. Secondly, he comes with Dragon's Peak, which comes with the Winged Hat. Winged Hat is the best hat in the game. So, you get a favorite figure, a new level, two magic items, and the greatest hat you'll ever come across.

Not to mention Sunburn is an awesome character if on Flame lord.
---
#1177 Posted: 06:50:46 10/06/2012

Thanks, thats actully who i been useing so it looks like i made the right choice.
My team right now is

Double Trouble (channaler)
Drobot (master blaster)
Terrafin (sandhog)
Sonic Boom (media griffion)
Ignitor (soul of the flame)
Wham-Shell (captain crustation)
Stealth Elf (pook blade saint)
Cynder (nether welder)

I feel obligated to use one of each element. But if i ever did want to switch out air for someone else, i would put in zook or dino-rang.

What dos your team of eight look like? Dosnt matter if you have two lifes and no air.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:52:23 10/06/2012 by Hazard335
#1178 Posted: 07:25:24 10/06/2012
I use...

Voodood (Marauder)
Drill Sergeant (Megadozer)
Dino Rang (Grand Boomerang Master)
Ignitor (Soul of the Flame)
Stealth Elf (Pook Blade Saint)
Hex (Bone Crafter)
Wham-Shell (Captain Crustacean)
Zook (Floral Defender)

And I occasionally sub in Double Trouble (Channeler), Terrafin (Sandhog), Gill Grunt (Water Weaver) and Sonic Boom (Medea Griffon). If the battles are just for kicks, I play a lot of Lightning Rod (Lightning Lord), Boomer (Demolition Troll), and Legendary Trigger Happy (Golden Moneybags), but I wouldn't put any of those three in a serious contest.
#1179 Posted: 09:52:57 10/06/2012
I actully have a hard time picking between double trouble and voodood for my magic.
Can i ask why you prefer voodood?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:12:05 10/06/2012 by Hazard335
#1180 Posted: 12:06:10 10/06/2012
Sorry for drifting out of your question, but since some people are talking about their favorite paths on each element, I might as well add my own list:

Air:Tempest smilie/Medea smilie
Earth:Crystaleer smilie/smilie on either path
Fire:SotF :ignitorsmilieHave yet to try smilie)
LifesmilieBS smilie
Magic:Channeler smilie
Techsmilieemolition smilie
Water:Captain Crustacean smilie
Undead: Undead Defender smilie/Hex(have yet to try smilie and smilie)

Answering your question, he gets combos, and a faster Zipline Axe, without which his agility would drop, from what I've heard.
Channeler can be Hard-Countered by projectile characters, since all you have to do is keep far and keep him under fire.Does that answer your question?
---
Gotcha!
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#1181 Posted: 12:20:10 10/06/2012
^ lol, BS smilie !
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#1182 Posted: 13:40:38 10/06/2012
oh come on.Really?Thanks a lot, BBCode.
On another account, I know to admit when I'm wrong...
I just hadn't known I was so wrong about Spyro's Blitz path.
Its charge may permanently immobilize you, plus it deals 18 damage normally, which turns into a 45 when given enough time(a bit less than a second).Plus it hits several times, about 1 per 0.75 secs.I...I didn't know of this.
Well, that's what learning is for.
---
Gotcha!
ArcticWolf54 Red Sparx Gems: 43
#1183 Posted: 14:45:14 10/06/2012
Thanks about all the suggestions I'm gonna get sunburn
---
Rise and Shine / Full Scream Ahead
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#1184 Posted: 18:42:32 10/06/2012
After having a session of PvP with some friends where whoever used my Pook Blade Stealth Elf would usually win, I decided to re-level my Stealth Elf down the Forest Ninja path this morning because I wanted something less overpowered.

I was surprised to find out that I also find Forest Ninja REALLY FUN!
The best bit about it, for me anyway, is that there's a bit of a learning curve to it: In single player, for example, you have to master the art of sending your stealth decoy in to groups of enemies and then un-stealthing at just the right time to unleash the axe-spinning scarecrows on them. The scarecrows each do 40 damage every time they spin, so if you practice enough to get enemies caught in two or three at once they'll be finished in seconds.
I have yet to try Forest Ninja in PvP, but from my single player experiences so far I've been having more than enough fun with it to make up for it's lack of power compared to Pook Blade Saint.

I would still recommend Pook Blade Saint to anyone else who gets Stealth Elf because it's easier to use and a lot more powerful, which most people will find more satisfying. However, if you're the sort of person who wants something new and unique instead of something powerful, and doesn't mind a bit of a learning curve, you might want to try Forest Ninja some day!

I should also mention that I re-leveled my Trigger Happy down the Golden Money Bags path. The coin toss attack is a little fiddly to use, but it's powerful and pretty satisfying when you get it right.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:44:10 10/06/2012 by EgoNaut
#1185 Posted: 18:57:30 10/06/2012
I did, and I thought it was very fun too.
I agree that PBS is oh-so-more powerful, but many Skylanders are unique and successfully so.Also, when I heard the name of Stealth Elf, my first thoughts were:"Holy crap, a ninja elf!If I get it, I'll use its stealth alot.".Funny enough, I abided to those thoughts, and I didn't regret it.
But, in PvP, it can be a little confusing since you don't have a very clear vision of smilie's location, but it should be fun anyway.
Finally someone who resolved to give Forest Ninja some credibility.Haven't seen many of those nowadays.
Also, I stick with the opinion that Forest Ninja Stealth Elf can crush Undead Defender Chop Chop, since its shield only covers its front and the diagonals in front of it, something Pook Blade Saint has a bit more difficulty to accomplish.
Also, I am not the kind of person to automatically seek out the strength factor in Skylanders(and in pretty much every game).Sometimes, the idea of fun, completely replaces the idea of strength in my mind.
Also, actually, each Scarecrow deals 13 damage per hit.the 39 mark is only when all the Scarecrows strike at once.
---
Gotcha!
#1186 Posted: 19:39:25 10/06/2012
I did, and I thought it was very fun too.
I agree that PBS is oh-so-more powerful, but many Skylanders are unique and successfully so.Also, when I heard the name of Stealth Elf, my first thoughts were:"Holy crap, a ninja elf!If I get it, I'll use its stealth alot.".Funny enough, I abided to those thoughts, and I didn't regret it.
But, in PvP, it can be a little confusing since you don't have a very clear vision of smilie's location, but it should be fun anyway.
Finally someone who resolved to give Forest Ninja some credibility.Haven't seen many of those nowadays.
Also, I stick with the opinion that Forest Ninja Stealth Elf can crush Undead Defender Chop Chop, since its shield only covers its front and the diagonals in front of it, something Pook Blade Saint has a bit more difficulty to accomplish.
Also, I am not the kind of person to automatically seek out the strength factor in Skylanders(and in pretty much every game).Sometimes, the idea of fun, completely replaces the idea of strength in my mind.
Also, actually, each Scarecrow deals 13 damage per hit.the 39 mark is only when all the Scarecrows strike at once.

*High five*
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1187 Posted: 19:50:33 10/06/2012
I actully have a hard time picking between double trouble and voodood for my magic.
Can i ask why you prefer voodood?

Because I'd had a couple months of practice with the Zipline before Double Trouble was released, primarily. Voodood is probably the biggest finesse character in the game, and when you can really jet around the field to the best of his abilities, he's incredible. I'm not going to say better or worse than Double Trouble, but certainly in the same conversation.
#1188 Posted: 20:58:46 10/06/2012
As people seem to be putting together 8-piece teams, I'll try to think of mine...

1. Gill Grunt (Water Weaver)
2. Cynder (Nether Wielder)
3. Trigger Happy (Golden Money Bags)
4. Ignitor (Soul of the Flame)
5. Spyro (Sheep Burner)
6. Stealth Elf (Forest Ninja)
7. Prism Break (Crystaleer) or extra (See below)
8. Zap (Slime Serpent) or extra (See below)

Extras:
Sonic Boom (Medea Gryphon) when I need an Air element
Voodood (Marauder)
Dino-Rang (Grand Boomerang Master)
And finally, Eruptor (Magmantor), the one I use the least.

I try to use all of the Skylanders that I have to some degree.
---
#1189 Posted: 21:06:45 10/06/2012
Sadly, Cynder's Nether Wielder path could be better...the breath still has too short duration...
I'm gonna ask something without second intentions and with the straightest face:Have you ever tried Shadow Dancer?
also, in my opinion, smilie is overall better than Zap, but it might be just me.
And in response to your second from last comment, *High Five* as well.
---
Gotcha!
#1190 Posted: 21:51:27 10/06/2012
I might as well wright down my eight skylanders even though I only have ten
1. Stealth elf(blades)
2. Sonic boom(baby griffins)
3. Terrafin(sand hog)
4. Eruptor(volcanor)
5. Chop chop(sword)
6. Spyro(fire)
7. Trigger happy(guns)
8. Gill grunt(water)
---
#1191 Posted: 22:37:50 10/06/2012
Sadly, Cynder's Nether Wielder path could be better...the breath still has too short duration...
I'm gonna ask something without second intentions and with the straightest face:Have you ever tried Shadow Dancer?
also, in my opinion, smilie is overall better than Zap, but it might be just me.
And in response to your second from last comment, *High Five* as well.

You are not wrong when you say that GG is better than Zap. While Zap has an interesting move in Sea Slime, GG's Neptune hose can stop many opponents right in their tracks.
---
#1192 Posted: 22:40:17 10/06/2012
Quote: EgoNaut
As people seem to be putting together 8-piece teams, I'll try to think of mine...

1. Gill Grunt (Water Weaver)
2. Cynder (Nether Wielder)
3. Trigger Happy (Golden Money Bags)
4. Ignitor (Soul of the Flame)
5. Spyro (Sheep Burner)
6. Stealth Elf (Forest Ninja)
7. Prism Break (Crystaleer) or extra (See below)
8. Zap (Slime Serpent) or extra (See below)

Extras:
Sonic Boom (Medea Gryphon) when I need an Air element
Voodood (Marauder)
Dino-Rang (Grand Boomerang Master)
And finally, Eruptor (Magmantor), the one I use the least.

I try to use all of the Skylanders that I have to some degree.

A nice team, but i question your choice of Spyro over Voodood or Double Trouble (Although i see you don't have him.)
I find them much better than Spyro. Could you explain?
---
#1193 Posted: 23:31:05 10/06/2012
It's not about who or what is better or worse, as long as the character is competitive. Is Gill Grunt better than Zap? Sure. At literally everything? Hardly. Try taking out Bash or Slam Bam with Gll Grunt. After losing a bunch, try Slime Serpent Zap. There really are battles he's better-suited to, so having alternates is more useful than rigidly adhering to a single team. PVP isn't just about making the most stacked lineup. Part of it is getting good enough to win with the ones you like, so that every eight-element team doesn't have to be Stealth Elf, Cynder, Drobot, Ignitor, Wham-Shell, Sonic Boom, Double Trouble and Terrafin. You're going to need a couple of these top-tier characters on your roster if you're going to do much winning, but A-tier and even upper B-tier battlers fit in just fine. A character being better doesn't mean all the ones below are worthless. Stealth Elf is easily the best Life, but there's plenty of room for Zook and Camo in PVP anyway, etc.

As for Shadowdancer vs. Nether Welder, for me, it really boils down to which version you're playing on. On the Wii, her Death Bound ability (which causes the ghosts to reduce opponents' movement speed) is superb, and a major reason why that path is popular. On PS360, that upgrade, for whatever reason, doesn't actually work in PVP, leaving her with a damaging Shadow Dash that's pretty risky to use for its intended purpose, and one ghost upgrade which grants a very slight damage bonus, and a little range. It's very hard for me to say that's competitive with Nether Wielder, which benefits from a rather huge upgrade to distance, duration, and width of her lightning cone, a slight lightning damage upgrade, and exploding ghosts which, while they require some practice, are useful when mastered. It's really hard to recommend a "better" path with Cynder, because it's so heavily dependent on which version of the game you're playing.
#1194 Posted: 23:51:49 10/06/2012
It's not about who or what is better or worse, as long as the character is competitive. Is Gill Grunt better than Zap? Sure. At literally everything? Hardly. Try taking out Bash or Slam Bam with Gll Grunt. After losing a bunch, try Slime Serpent Zap. There really are battles he's better-suited to, so having alternates is more useful than rigidly adhering to a single team. PVP isn't just about making the most stacked lineup. Part of it is getting good enough to win with the ones you like, so that every eight-element team doesn't have to be Stealth Elf, Cynder, Drobot, Ignitor, Wham-Shell, Sonic Boom, Double Trouble and Terrafin. You're going to need a couple of these top-tier characters on your roster if you're going to do much winning, but A-tier and even upper B-tier battlers fit in just fine. A character being better doesn't mean all the ones below are worthless. Stealth Elf is easily the best Life, but there's plenty of room for Zook and Camo in PVP anyway, etc.

As for Shadowdancer vs. Nether Welder, for me, it really boils down to which version you're playing on. On the Wii, her Death Bound ability (which causes the ghosts to reduce opponents' movement speed) is superb, and a major reason why that path is popular. On PS360, that upgrade, for whatever reason, doesn't actually work in PVP, leaving her with a damaging Shadow Dash that's pretty risky to use for its intended purpose, and one ghost upgrade which grants a very slight damage bonus, and a little range. It's very hard for me to say that's competitive with Nether Wielder, which benefits from a rather huge upgrade to distance, duration, and width of her lightning cone, a slight lightning damage upgrade, and exploding ghosts which, while they require some practice, are useful when mastered. It's really hard to recommend a "better" path with Cynder, because it's so heavily dependent on which version of the game you're playing.

I agree completely. When I said GG was better than Zap, I meant that GG was my personal preference between him and Zap and that i have reasons for my thinnking.
---
#1195 Posted: 00:07:22 11/06/2012
Oh, you're right though, Gill Grunt is more useful overall than Zap. Zap is more of a specialist, for taking apart a very specific set of characters that he's better suited to than the average Water champion.
#1196 Posted: 00:29:09 11/06/2012
I'm glad you agree.

anyway, what is the best path for Ghost Roaster? I want to get all of the adventure packs first, and he's the only adventure skylander that i am unsure of. (By the way, I play on the Wii, if that matters.)
Thank you.
---
Ed On Cynder Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#1197 Posted: 01:09:57 11/06/2012
Quote: Bean Sprout
I'm glad you agree.

anyway, what is the best path for Ghost Roaster? I want to get all of the adventure packs first, and he's the only adventure skylander that i am unsure of. (By the way, I play on the Wii, if that matters.)
Thank you.

Since you're on the Wii version, go with the Ectoplasm path. Nearly everyone says that the other path on the Wii is horrible (although I personally went that way anyway as I can't use Ectoplasm mode to save my life.) But still, even I think you take the Ectoplasm path.
---
32/32 + Extra smilie and smilie
Skylander hunt complete, excellent job!
#1198 Posted: 01:19:01 11/06/2012
Yes, Ectoplasm on Wii. The big difference with Ghost Roaster is how many times you can tag an opponent during a skull charge. On PS360, you can register damage for every time you connect, meaning a stream of 58-damage strikes (Skull Master) that's only limited by how well your opponent can dodge you. That being said, Skull Master is considerably better than Fear Eater on the HD consoles. You can only hit once per charge on the Wii, though, meaning that you'll need more ways to defend yourself and employ finesse, hence the ectoplasm.
#1199 Posted: 01:22:28 11/06/2012
Thank you both for your answers. I now know what path to choose. Funny story, the first time i ever played skylanders (at my uncle's house), i used Ghost roaster, and when i used the ectoplasm attack, i hadn't the slightest clue on what it did. Back then, i just thought it made you a different color and made you go slower smilie.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:38:41 11/06/2012 by Bean Sprout
First | Previous | Page 24 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me