First | Previous | Page 23 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 37 38 39
Upgrade Paths Recommendation Thread [STICKY]
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#1101 Posted: 19:50:21 04/06/2012
Quote: noco99
What's everybody's favorite Skylander, and what path? Mine is SotF Ignitor (Thank's Tashiji for the awesome advice for that path!).

Channeler Double Trouble, all the way! it is so satisfying to simply lock on with the beam, stand at a close distance, and watch his life melt away...
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#1102 Posted: 19:55:21 04/06/2012
Quote: Failinhearts
I like battledozer for drill seargent, it makes him really strong but thats just my opinion....

If you use Megadozer in the right way, it can outclass Battledozer. Like many have said, the combintation of the dozer attack and the hail storm can leave a large impact.
But that's just me.
---
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#1103 Posted: 19:56:59 04/06/2012
Quote: Bean Sprout
Quote: Failinhearts
I like battledozer for drill seargent, it makes him really strong but thats just my opinion....

If you use Megadozer in the right way, it can outclass Battledozer. Like many have said, the combintation of the dozer attack and the hail storm can leave a large impact.
But that's just me.

i agree with you
#1104 Posted: 21:33:17 04/06/2012
Does anyone know what path Whirlwind should follow? Please support your answer. I am leaning towards tempest, but, from what i understand, the Mega Rainbow or whatever is really strong.
Thank you
---
noco99 Blue Sparx Gems: 787
#1105 Posted: 21:36:53 04/06/2012
Quote:
I did Blade Master for smilie

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! PLEASE switch if you didn't already, for my sake,lol. Bean Sprout, do Tempest Dragon for WW, because the other path makes her a weak Boomer, and the charge takes forever to charge, and the double rainbow only hits with one, so why bother? Hope this helps.
---
How is Fun Size candy more fun than regular candy if it's less candy?
Write in my Gb or Pm me if you like Minecraft!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:39:29 04/06/2012 by noco99
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#1106 Posted: 21:52:42 04/06/2012 | Topic Creator
The rainbow is really strong when you charged it up fully and it deals continuous damage and hurts more than one enemy. It's huge, does a lot of damage and hurts a lot of enemies in one. And while it's hitting those enemies you can charge up ANOTHER one to do it again.
And the double rainbow also helps a bit.
---
but i love it all smooth
HexDisciple Green Sparx Gems: 249
#1107 Posted: 23:51:21 04/06/2012
Well, I'm not gonna say Ultimate Rainbower is bad for smilie, but the electrical links and larger clouds that Tempest offers, not to mention the first Tempest upgrade, which can really cause some major entropy should you be lucky and have all the clouds hit, which should translate into 9 rainbows flying around.Plus, being on random directions...it's like an aftermath electrical link shutter(where the aftermath is the rainbows flying around after the clouds are hit, and subequently the electrical link is closed).It can really mess your opponent up.I have yet to try UR, but it seems cool enough.Also, the electrical link can be used as a barrier of sorts.At least no one gets to pass unharmed(Obvious exceptions:Ectoplasm Ghost Roaster and Earth Swim Terrafin).
Also, and accounting other character, I have come to realize that smilie's Nether Wielder path has to work with Shadow Dash to be fully used, while Shadow Dancer is very good by itself.I have come to the conclusion that these paths are only slightly less different than PBS vs Forest Ninja.I was wondering whether or not my comtemplation was correct?...Well, now I have to say good night, it's 10 to 1 A.M. .
---
Gotcha!
#1108 Posted: 01:22:41 05/06/2012
Thank you HexDisciple, this is exactly what i was looking for. Thank you too, LevanJess, but i am going to choose tempest. I was leaning towards tempest anyway. i see how these clouds can act offensively and devensively. meanwhile, you can just spam rainbows.
You posted that just in time, as i just got to the point of path choosing on whirlwind.
thanks
---
#1109 Posted: 01:22:41 05/06/2012
Quote: LevanJess
The rainbow is really strong when you charged it up fully and it deals continuous damage and hurts more than one enemy. It's huge, does a lot of damage and hurts a lot of enemies in one. And while it's hitting those enemies you can charge up ANOTHER one to do it again.

Yes, but in PvP it sucks, because if you get hit, the charge goes away. Plus it makes you super-slow, so you can't dodge anything.
---
#1110 Posted: 01:45:05 05/06/2012
Quote: noco99

Yes, but in PvP it sucks, because if you get hit, the charge goes away. Plus it makes you super-slow, so you can't dodge anything.

Yea, your right about the charging thingie. And that's not the only character with that problem ( Golden frenzy trigger happy)
---
#1111 Posted: 01:47:55 05/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Oh, I wasn't talking about PvP, sorry, I don't do PvP. I was talking about PvE.
In PvE I tend to charge it a little before I get to the enemies so I can hit them before they hit me. Then start charging again when they're trapped in the first. Or so what I do..
---
but i love it all smooth
#1112 Posted: 01:54:09 05/06/2012
Oh, I guess that it's good in PvE, but i hate Story mode, because it's too easy. I like a challenge. Anyway, you can keep your path, nothing's wrong with it, it's just that Tempest is better for Battle Mode. I do like UR for WW on PvE, 'cause she's really fun on it. smilie
---
#1113 Posted: 01:56:18 05/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Thank you for understanding, I fully understand if you like Tempest and I agree with the fun part! (:
PvE is pretty easy, I would love to play PvP more often but I don't have anyone to play it with, heh
---
but i love it all smooth
#1114 Posted: 01:59:54 05/06/2012
Thank you for understanding, I fully understand if you like Tempest and I agree with the fun part! (:
PvE is pretty easy, I would love to play PvP more often but I don't have anyone to play it with, heh

I have the same problem. i REALLY like PVP, but i can only really play it when i see my friends. smilie
---
#1115 Posted: 02:17:50 05/06/2012
Me three, my bro hates it (cause he always loses, heh), and I only see my friend (who I always beat as well) on the weekend. Otherwise, I only play PvE, sadly...
---
#1116 Posted: 11:38:50 05/06/2012
Same here,I always do pve cuz my friend hates it and my brother barely ever plays with me
But when my cousins first saw that I had the game,I made them IMMEDIATELY.do pvp.,so they hate story mode
#1117 Posted: 16:56:47 05/06/2012
Quote: Ignitor101
Same here,I always do pve cuz my friend hates it and my brother barely ever plays with me
But when my cousins first saw that I had the game,I made them IMMEDIATELY.do pvp.,so they hate story mode

Smart, heh heh.
---
#1118 Posted: 18:56:19 05/06/2012
That's quite right...the only decent challenge in PvE is the Final form of Kaos, after he restored his health.
I'm not giving negative criticism to anyone, but I guess Activision's target audience for this game was clearly children.Even though, it's a pretty fun game, and a striking resemblance to Pokémon is that both PvP modes require moderate amounts of strategy.
Anyway, heh, you unlucky guys.My 5-year old bros are actually very generous when it comes to wanting to PvP with me.
And, they are deceitfully good...When they use Stealth Elf, I have to use fast or projectile characters, because if I don't, I get constantly trapped by Blade Flurry.Which reminds me, is it normal to get sucked to its center if I get hit too many times?'Cuz that happens to me a lot.
---
Gotcha!
#1119 Posted: 20:34:39 05/06/2012
in the 360 kaos is harder but it's longer to get to him,after the first part with the knights and the eruptor thing,you wait on a platform
battle,wait again wait AGAIN battle and wait one more time,THEN you battle kaos.
Madhouse1 Green Sparx Gems: 450
#1120 Posted: 00:47:30 06/06/2012
Quote: Madhouse1

I can't believe you like brawler compared to sandhog. Comparing damage to damaging opponents while invincible is rubbish.
also granite dragon on bash? Your kidding right. Pulver dragon is way better. Again if you want zap to be the strongest he can be (not very strong) choose telsa dragon. People gust choose slime serpent because they don't care about him because he's weak, believe me I did that with sonic boom to and later I had alot of fun with her but don't do that with zap. For the most part your list is pretty accurate though...

I agree that i might be wrong with terrafin,but i cannot say that tesla dragon is better for zap because it simply isn't,slime serpent is also much more versile

Slime serpent is better. It turns Zap into a unique and strategic character, not just another projectile fighter that is outclassed by many.

Actually that makes sense. I propley won't reset him though. I still disagree with terrafin. Being able to turn terrifin from gust another punching character into a unique underground beast as a dun deal. Sandhof makes you the third best character while brawler gust makes you good. Most people think that the main attack's path is the best... think again.
---
Right now I'm willing to battle people on Super Smash Bros Brawl
#1121 Posted: 01:31:26 06/06/2012
ok,so i am wrong with terrafin,but bash is deffinately a question of what you like more,personnaly,i think granite dragon is amazing.
Here is why:

Pulver Dragon:

Upgrades:
Roll does more damage(4 more damage yay)
Roll does even MORE damage(omg,damage is at like,33 now)
Roll does even MORE damage AGAIN(congratz!you still do less damage than tail swipe!)

Granite Dragon:
Mace of Destruction(tail swipe does a wopping 80 damage)
Summoning:stone uppercut(still hard to use,but it is very defensive and both parts of the attack do 60 damage)
GAIA HAMMER!(this dosen't take very long to charge,and if you get hit you'll keep charging the attack,240 damage)

so,there,you have a complete list of why granite dragon is better.
#1122 Posted: 03:06:53 06/06/2012
ok,so i am wrong with terrafin,but bash is deffinately a question of what you like more,personnaly,i think granite dragon is amazing.
Here is why:

Pulver Dragon:

Upgrades:
Roll does even MORE damage AGAIN(congratz!you still do less damage than tail swipe!)

Granite Dragon:
Summoning:stone uppercut(still hard to use,but it is very defensive and both parts of the attack do 60 damage)
GAIA HAMMER!(this dosen't take very long to charge,and if you get hit you'll keep charging the attack,240 damage)

Yes, but you are overlooking the fact that these upgrades also increase speed and make you invurnerable while rolling. Besides, the roll isn't only used to deal damage.
I'm not saying your wrong, i am just stating that pulver dragon can be really good too. Bash is one of the few skylanders that has two really good upgrade paths, and where the choice is a matter of personal preference.
---
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1123 Posted: 07:08:58 06/06/2012
what is the best air skylander for pvp?
i just thought it would be fun to put a team together of 8 (one of each element), but cant decide on air.
what i got so far is:

Magic - Double Trouble (Channler)
Tech - Drobot (Master Blaster)
Earth - Terrafin (Sandhog)
Fire - Ignitor (Soul of the Flame)
Water - Wham-Shell (Captain Crustation)
Life - Stealth Elf (Pook Blade Saint)
Undead - Cynder (Nether Welder)
#1124 Posted: 11:50:54 06/06/2012
Hmmm..it mostly depends on the path you chose for the skylander

L rod typhoon ritan(nah too slow)
L rod lightning lord(grand lightning can easily be cancelled)
warnado eye of the storm(this a tough one,warnado on this path is probably the hardest character to use un the game)
Warnado wind master(no,the tornados don't do enough damage)

It's probably between medea griffin sonic boom and tempest dragon whirlwind
#1125 Posted: 13:22:37 06/06/2012
@ignitor101
Even though Grand Lightning can be cancelled with ease, it deals a whooping 26 per hit.Multiply by 12, and you get the total.
I did the math,the total is 312.Plus, you can cancel it yourself, and proceed to Zapper Fielding anyone too close for a total of 108(18 x 6 hits).
Overall, in my opinion, the best of Air in competitive scene are:
Lightning Lord smilie
Tempest smilie
Any path of smilie
Wind Master smilie.
---
Gotcha!
#1126 Posted: 15:42:39 06/06/2012
Quote: Hazard335
what is the best air skylander for pvp?
i just thought it would be fun to put a team together of 8 (one of each element), but cant decide on air.
what i got so far is:

Magic - Double Trouble (Channler)
Tech - Drobot (Master Blaster)
Earth - Terrafin (Sandhog)
Fire - Ignitor (Soul of the Flame)
Water - Wham-Shell (Captain Crustation)
Life - Stealth Elf (Pook Blade Saint)
Undead - Cynder (Nether Welder)

I would say that Sonic Boom is the best air. The path you choose, however, is a hard decision. I personally love medea griffin because the eggs are very powerful and the roar is already powerful. But i know that many prefer Siren because of the massive damage it does.
P.S. You were wise to pick Double Trouble. That is undoubtedly my favorite skylander smilie
---
#1127 Posted: 17:06:54 06/06/2012
Here is why:

Pulver Dragon:

Upgrades:

Granite Dragon:

Yes, but you are overlooking the fact that these upgrades also increase speed and make you invurnerable while rolling. Besides, the roll isn't only used to deal damage.
I'm not saying your wrong, i am just stating that pulver dragon can be really good too. Bash is one of the few skylanders that has two really good upgrade paths, and where the choice is a matter of personal preference.

Yeah I agree with you. The speed and deflecting are more useful then any silly charged tail swipe, even if it does alot of damage. Its more of a matter of opinion, but I still think charged moves are overrated like golden yamato blast which sucks because it leaves you wide open for enemy assualts plus trigger happy is strong so he propley could have defeated the ememy by the time he charged up. I might have been wrong with zap though... Sometimes upgrading THE BEST DASH MOVE IN THE GAME is better then gust doing more damage, plus it helps bash improve his lack of spped and deflection, Some dopes gust think that because the move is a charge move its good. Well all dopes you are WRONG.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:17:01 06/06/2012 by Madhouse1
#1128 Posted: 17:22:17 06/06/2012
i am glad you agree. However, Bash's charge, i've heard, is a better charge than most because it doesn't take as long. It is completely a matter of opinion.
---
ArcticWolf54 Red Sparx Gems: 43
#1129 Posted: 20:47:45 06/06/2012
Can someone give me some numbers of dino rang's attacks with earthen avenger on xbox 360
---
Rise and Shine / Full Scream Ahead
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 12:11:27 07/06/2012 by ArcticWolf54
#1130 Posted: 21:49:05 06/06/2012
Quote: joerox123
Undead
Cynder- Dash Path
Chop Chop/L-Chop Chop- Undead Defender
Ghost Roaster- On Wii, Fear Eater. On 360, Charge Path
Hex- Either
Earth
Bash/L-Bash-Either
Dino-Rang- Earthen Avenger
Terrafin- Sandhog
Prism Break- Crystaleer
Magic
Wrecking Ball- Total Tongue
Spyro/L-Spyro/Dark Spyro- Sheep Burner
Voodood- Elementalist
Double Trouble- Channeler
Tech
Trigger Happy/L-Trigger Happy- Golden Money Bags
Drobot- Clockwork Dragon
Boomer- Clobber Troll
Drill Sergeant- Battledozer
Air
Lightning Rod- Lightning Path
Sonic Boom- Either
Whirlwind- Either
Warnado- Eye of the Storm
Water
Wham-Shell- Captain Crustacean
Slam Bam- Either
Gill Grunt- Harpooner
Zap- Tesla Dragon
Life
Camo- Either
Zook- Floral Defender
Stealth Elf- Forest Ninja
Stump Smash- Nut Path
Fire
Sunburn- Flame Lord
Ignitor- Blademaster
Eruptor- Volcanor
Flameslinger- Pyromancer

Some of those are not the right choice. by the way im sugar-coating it

edit: srry bout double posting
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:50:56 06/06/2012 by ArcticWolf54
#1131 Posted: 00:34:20 07/06/2012
Quote: ArcticWolf54
Quote: joerox123
Undead
Cynder- Dash Path
Chop Chop/L-Chop Chop- Undead Defender
Ghost Roaster- On Wii, Fear Eater. On 360, Charge Path
Hex- Either
Earth
Bash/L-Bash-Either
Dino-Rang- Earthen Avenger
Terrafin- Sandhog
Prism Break- Crystaleer
Magic
Wrecking Ball- Total Tongue
Spyro/L-Spyro/Dark Spyro- Sheep Burner
Voodood- Elementalist
Double Trouble- Channeler
Tech
Trigger Happy/L-Trigger Happy- Golden Money Bags
Drobot- Clockwork Dragon
Boomer- Clobber Troll
Drill Sergeant- Battledozer
Air
Lightning Rod- Lightning Path
Sonic Boom- Either
Whirlwind- Either
Warnado- Eye of the Storm
Water
Wham-Shell- Captain Crustacean
Slam Bam- Either
Gill Grunt- Harpooner
Zap- Tesla Dragon
Life
Camo- Either
Zook- Floral Defender
Stealth Elf- Forest Ninja
Stump Smash- Nut Path
Fire
Sunburn- Flame Lord
Ignitor- Blademaster
Eruptor- Volcanor
Flameslinger- Pyromancer

Some of those are not the right choice. by the way im sugar-coating it

edit: srry bout double posting

I agreee. Who would want forest ninja for s elf or clock work dragon for drobot. Your the first person. Stonefist traps suck so who would want to upgrade them on eathern avenger, crazy. Gill grunt on Harpooner, dude your missing a great opportunity with WW. And blademaster for ignitor, that guy is crazy, is he trying out all the bad paths gust for kicks smilie
---
#1132 Posted: 00:45:07 07/06/2012
Hey tashiji whats the best path for cynder I choose nether welder but I want to know which path turns her into the beast that can destroy steath elf like you said. Thanks
---
Sanctum Nomen Green Sparx Gems: 416
#1133 Posted: 10:22:49 07/06/2012
Question about Double Trouble.

I can see that the Channeler's path will probably be the best path. The bombs with increased DPS and the ability to make it spammable are just pretty OP. But I was wondering about the other path. Does the Spirit Construct ability really do what I think it does? When I kill an enemy with my double a new one spawns to go blow up another enemy?

I mostly choose the paths what makes me do alot of different things with my chars. For example Trigger happy uses his gun alot from level 1 and so on. Leaving the money bags a useless ability. So choosing the golden money bags route makes me use those to their best power as wel. Giving me alot of options when it comes to positioning and gameplay. Same go's for chars as Prism Break and Sonic boom. I used the main alot and wanted something extra on the side.
#1134 Posted: 10:30:55 07/06/2012
(Sorry for answering in his place)
That path would be Shadow Dancer, the one that improves the shadow dash.
You see, the upgrades specific to that path include:
-One that slows enemies down when struck by a ghost
-Another one where ghosts stick around for longer and have more range
-And last but not least, instead of the ghosts being the sole damage source of this path, the dash itself does damage.
I don't know any numbers, sorry about that.But...yes, this would be the one you are looking for.
The main pros, in my opinion, would be the slow down, which honestly in itself is a smilie killer, since they rely a lot on agility.
The second upgrade is an all-around ghost enhancer, enabling them to stay for longer, which played right could partially imprison someone.
And last but not least, much like Terrafin, Razor fin upgrade, the shadow dash itself starts inflicting damage.
I guess the only con is the lack of damage upgrades, but even so...
I'll just let Tashiji do the rest of the explanation, if he wants to.
Again, sorry for answering in your place, Tashiji.
---
Gotcha!
#1135 Posted: 12:19:24 07/06/2012
Quote: Sanctum Nomen

I can see that the Channeler's path will probably be the best path. The bombs with increased DPS and the ability to make it spammable are just pretty OP. But I was wondering about the other path. Does the Spirit Construct ability really do what I think it does? When I kill an enemy with my double a new one spawns to go blow up another enemy?

I mostly choose the paths what makes me do alot of different things with my chars. For example Trigger happy uses his gun alot from level 1 and so on. Leaving the money bags a useless ability. So choosing the golden money bags route makes me use those to their best power as wel. Giving me alot of options when it comes to positioning and gameplay. Same go's for chars as Prism Break and Sonic boom. I used the main alot and wanted something extra on the side.

I believe it's the same as prism breaks soul gem Ability shard soul prison. You can make your usual ones and that one is an extra one. Just guessing, might be wrong
---
#1136 Posted: 12:33:50 07/06/2012
Thank you hexdisciple. I will reset her
---
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1137 Posted: 15:54:50 07/06/2012
Madhouse i wouldnt reset her just yet. I really think tashiji would say nether welder is better unless your on the wii. You can do alot more damage with nether welder.
#1138 Posted: 16:00:48 07/06/2012
Yup, Cynder's better on Shadowdancer on Wii...
And by better I mean COMPLETLY BEAST MODE!!!!!!
---
#1139 Posted: 18:46:21 07/06/2012
Quote: Sanctum Nomen

Actually, no. Although it doesn't say this, the spirit construct only creates a double from enemies that you killed with the eldritch beam, not with doubles.
---
#1140 Posted: 22:10:48 07/06/2012
Madhouse i wouldnt reset her just yet. I really think tashiji would say nether welder is better unless your on the wii. You can do alot more damage with nether welder.

I am playing on the wii, but thanks.

Hey can anyone tell me what the best paths for each skylander are for pvp on wii, thanks.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:41:21 07/06/2012 by Madhouse1
#1141 Posted: 01:26:18 08/06/2012
Quote: Madhouse1

I am playing on the wii, but thanks.

Hey can anyone tell me what the best paths for each skylander are for pvp on wii, thanks.

I just got the game and i only have 10 skylanders, so i'm not much of a help, but i have some opinions i can share. I have a path for some skylanders that i don't have, but i only want to list skylanders that i have used.

Magic:
smilie This one is purely by opinion. Everyone says something different. I chose Sheep Burner just cause.

smilie Definitely Channeler. Conjuror isn't terrible, but Channeler is undoubtedly the best choice.

Water:
smilie Water weaver is the best choice because, if used correctly, no one can get near you.

Fire:
smilie The teleporty one (i can never remember its name) is better. The blazethrower one requires you to charge a long time to get the benefit of two of the upgrades, and one of the upgrades on that path slows you down when blowing flames.

Tech:
smilie Although you need to use it in the right way, you should choose megadozer, as the combination of all the attacks can do massive damage.

smilie I'm sorry, i don't really know which one. Flip a coin to pick the path. (EDIT - I just found the pun in that last sentence, LOL.)

Undead:
smilie For PvP, I think Bone Crafter. It is better cause you can strategize rather than spam a button. Besides, it does more damage and the speed boost to skull rain is nice.

smilie He isn't that great in PvP, but Vampiric Warrior, i believe, is better.

Air:
smilie I chose the tempest path because, well, someone on this forum told me to. From what i understand, the tempest matrix can be used as a sort of shield.

Life:
smilie PBS. No contest.

Hope it helped.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:28:10 08/06/2012 by Bean Sprout
#1142 Posted: 02:21:48 08/06/2012
Can someone give me the best paths for adventure mode I have no one to play pvp with i wish they made battle mode on Xbox live and play station live
---
#1143 Posted: 03:28:29 08/06/2012
As a response to ArcticWolf54 and Madhouse1's latest comments, I can give these answers:

Magic:
smilie-Sheep Burner.Even though the charge attack deals 30, it has mostruous range, like the whole arena, I think, plus, it's really, REALLY hard to escape it, provided it is aimed right, which even so, is not a biggie.The Midball Explosion upgrade can be quite nifty, because as long as the opponent is in range, it's just hard to avoid it.

smilie-Channeler.Just...probably one of those one would send into the God tier(will someone also give me a link or something to this tier thingy, please?).The main reason?Boosted+repeated Magic Bombs.Coming in clusters of 3(sorry not clusters, but one after the other), it's really hard to approach him.Plus, the cooldown between repetitions is quite short, compared to the magnitude of the attack.Also, the Eldritch Beam has more range and damage, though I'm not sure about the latter.

smilie-Ultimate Spinner.It just plain does a heap of damage.This is all I can say.

smilie-Marauder.The combos and the Zipline axe upgrade speak for themselves.

Earth:
smilie-Either one.You can choose between a charge attack that does 240+a standard attack that does 80+a stone projection that does 60, or a fast, awesome roll that does 41 damage and is actually capable of following up with a 50 damage Tail swipe right away.

smilie-I like both paths, though Earthen Avenger should be used against enemies who have insignificant or no means to hurt you from a distance(like Chop Chop, if you maneuver around Bone Brambles well), while GBM, which does the exact opposite:is a good ranged fighter, and completely screws projectile-"addicted" Characters by deflecting them with the shield.

smilie-Crystaleer.The super Crystal Eruption is a weapon of grand magnitude.Plus you summon 3 crystals, which, combined with the beam, can refract the beam and transform it into a prison.

smilie-Sandhog.It accelarates your swimming, makes the mini-sharks home in, plus makes the fin do 15 damage while in swim mode.

Water:
smilie-From what I heard, Blizzard Brawler makes him a beast.Don't know much about Glacier Yeti but sounds cool too.

smilie-Slime Serpent I guess.I don't like either path.Slime is more fun.

smilie-Either.See my review on page 22.

smilie-Either.Depends on whether you want to enhance your harpoons or your hose and water capacity.

Well, that's it for the first 3 elements.Sorry I could say more but i really have to go to sleep.
---
Gotcha!
#1144 Posted: 04:13:06 08/06/2012
Quote: HexDisciple
As a response to ArcticWolf54 and Madhouse1's latest comments, I can give these answers:

Magic:
smilie-Sheep Burner.Even though the charge attack deals 30, it has mostruous range, like the whole arena, I think, plus, it's really, REALLY hard to escape it, provided it is aimed right, which even so, is not a biggie.The Midball Explosion upgrade can be quite nifty, because as long as the opponent is in range, it's just hard to avoid it.

smilie-Channeler.Just...probably one of those one would send into the God tier(will someone also give me a link or something to this tier thingy, please?).The main reason?Boosted+repeated Magic Bombs.Coming in clusters of 3(sorry not clusters, but one after the other), it's really hard to approach him.Plus, the cooldown between repetitions is quite short, compared to the magnitude of the attack.Also, the Eldritch Beam has more range and damage, though I'm not sure about the latter.

smilie-Ultimate Spinner.It just plain does a heap of damage.This is all I can say.

smilie-Marauder.The combos and the Zipline axe upgrade speak for themselves.

Earth:
smilie-Either one.You can choose between a charge attack that does 240+a standard attack that does 80+a stone projection that does 60, or a fast, awesome roll that does 41 damage and is actually capable of following up with a 50 damage Tail swipe right away.

smilie-I like both paths, though Earthen Avenger should be used against enemies who have insignificant or no means to hurt you from a distance(like Chop Chop, if you maneuver around Bone Brambles well), while GBM, which does the exact opposite:is a good ranged fighter, and completely screws projectile-"addicted" Characters by deflecting them with the shield.

smilie-Crystaleer.The super Crystal Eruption is a weapon of grand magnitude.Plus you summon 3 crystals, which, combined with the beam, can refract the beam and transform it into a prison.

smilie-Sandhog.It accelarates your swimming, makes the mini-sharks home in, plus makes the fin do 15 damage while in swim mode.

Water:
smilie-From what I heard, Blizzard Brawler makes him a beast.Don't know much about Glacier Yeti but sounds cool too.

smilie-Slime Serpent I guess.I don't like either path.Slime is more fun.

smilie-Either.See my review on page 22.

smilie-Either.Depends on whether you want to enhance your harpoons or your hose and water capacity.

Well, that's it for the first 3 elements.Sorry I could say more but i really have to go to sleep.

I agree with all of these except wham-shell and gill grunt, although you really didn't state a choice. Gill Grunt really needs to be on the Water Weaver to be a good character. If you "hose" with skill, you can do a lot of damage without taking any. And with Wham-Shell, Captain Crustacean is really good, while Commander Crab is mediocre at best. The starfish never really get very powerful, while the enhanced Poseidon Strike can do loads of damage. But that's just my opinion.
---
#1145 Posted: 11:54:59 08/06/2012
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Anyway, I just find Wham-Shell hard to choose because it can deal 63 per shot if charged(and that doesn't take a long time)before applying latch damage.Also because on Captain Crustacean, I find myself being hard-countered often by the likes of smilie and such melee characters.
That said, I have to agree with you because he doesn't have the speed to make it to a safe camping spot.
And his mace gets to look awesome.
---
Gotcha!
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#1146 Posted: 12:05:26 08/06/2012
Hello, I just recently joined and stuff. Umm... What do you guys think of this for pvp, I like to battle my sister which for some reason dies everytime we do story together.
Stealth elf: pook blade saint
Bash: pulver, I like upgrading speed moves
Eruptor: volcanor, I have wii
Terrafin: sand hog
Trigger happy: golden frenzy
Chop chop: vampiric aura
Wrecking ball: ultimate spinner
Sonic boom: babies
Gill grunt: I used harpoon but I studied about all and every path of all skylanders and found out water weaver is better so I reseted him
Are these good. I can be good about recommendations for other skylanders too from studying. I even have a iPad app about collecting skylanders and recommended paths. But not 100% reliable
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#1147 Posted: 13:00:26 08/06/2012
Try Golden Money Bags for Triggs. You won't be disappointed. It does far more damage than Golden Frenzy, which just sucks in my opinion.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
#1148 Posted: 13:35:56 08/06/2012
Thanks to everyone who anwsered my question
---
#1149 Posted: 19:14:21 08/06/2012
Ok, here's a list of all PvP opinions of mine(this time, it will be complete):

smilie-Sheep Burner

smilie-Channeler

smilie-Ultimate Spinner

smilie-Marauder

smilie-Either

smilie-Depends on whether you want him to be a ranged character or a trap-setter.GBM for ranged, Earthen Avenger for trap-setter.

smilie-Crystaleer is a staple for most people, but Prismancer can be fun to use too.

smilie-Brawler is you like the punching attack and Sandhog improves the swimming.

smilie-Blizzard Brawler is the main choice but Glacier Yeti sounds promising as well.

smilie-I don't like either path but Slime Serpent in my opinion is more fun.

smilie-Either.Captain Crustacean for melee and Commander Crab for ranged.

smilie-Water Weaver.

smilie-Soul of the Flame hands down.

smilie-Flame Lord though Blaze Dragon gives him infinite breath

smilie-Pyromancer makes Flameslinger almost untouchable.

smilie-On Wii, Volcanor, on other consoles, I don't know.

smilie-Demolition Troll.

smilie-Either.

smilie-The paths follow the same upgrade pattern, so...I guess either.

smilie-Either

smilie-I like both.Shade Master is a bit trickier to maintain the fire rate though.

smilie-Shadow Dancer.

smilie-Either, but I prefer Undead Defender.

smilie-Either on the Wii, I guess.

smilie-Tempest

smilie-Eye of the Storm

smilie-Either

smilie-Lightning Lord

smilie-Either, with Vine Virtuoso being the most offensive-minded.

smilie-Nut Crafter

smilie-Floral Defender

smilie-Pook Blade Saint

Well, that is it.Hope it helps.This is based on My opinion.
---
Gotcha!
#1150 Posted: 19:49:41 08/06/2012
Should I get chop chop sunburn dark spyro zap or prism break
---
First | Previous | Page 23 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me