First | Previous | Page 22 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 37 38 39
Upgrade Paths Recommendation Thread [STICKY]
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#1051 Posted: 00:42:53 01/06/2012
Me love the earthen avenger for dino rang! Those things rock and 40+ armor for the win, again, just my opinion!
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
noco99 Blue Sparx Gems: 787
#1052 Posted: 02:01:46 01/06/2012
What's everybody's favorite Skylander, and what path? Mine is SotF Ignitor (Thank's Tashiji for the awesome advice for that path!).
---
How is Fun Size candy more fun than regular candy if it's less candy?
Write in my Gb or Pm me if you like Minecraft!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:04:27 01/06/2012 by noco99
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#1053 Posted: 03:13:25 01/06/2012 | Topic Creator
I like Whirlwind on the Ultimate Rainbower path..
---
but i love it all smooth
hexthebeast45 Green Sparx Gems: 417
#1054 Posted: 04:04:45 01/06/2012
hex on the bone crafter
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smilie
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#1055 Posted: 13:37:49 01/06/2012
Quote: noco99
What's everybody's favorite Skylander, and what path? Mine is SotF Ignitor (Thank's Tashiji for the awesome advice for that path!).

High five dude!sotf ignitor is my favourite skylander too!
Madhouse1 Green Sparx Gems: 450
#1056 Posted: 14:46:11 01/06/2012
Rest of list

Dino rang
Pros. Boomarangs shield good for keeping enemies away, boomarangs are easy to control and have good range, bounce boomarangs of walls see gbm path makes it almost impossible to miss since you can steer boomarangs.
Cons. Stonefist traps are worthless and don't compare to other ground moves such as stone projection see bash. Soul gem upgrade isn't very useful ether (picking up idems money ect.).
Recommended upgrade path. Grand boomarang master
This guy is a beast and could have a great campaign in pvp. With such crazy powerful attacks he doesn't get enough attention.

Trigger Happy
Pros. Very good dps with guns. Pot o gold can be thown rather quickly too. Bouncing bullets great for clearing out a room and crowd countrol
Cons. Golden yamato blast may be strong but it takes a long time to charge and leaves you vulnerable ( by the time it charges up you could have already killed the enemy). very low heath. Can be pushed into a corner easily by undead knights.
Recommended path. Golden frenzy
Trigg is a beast. Both paths are amazing!!! But I don't get heads or tails on golden money bags path...

Boomer
Pros. Best hurler character. dynamites are more powerful then any other hurlering move easpecially when fully upgraded. Troll bombs are good for keeping opponents at a good distance. Soul gem upgrade is a little hard to use but decently useful too. Troll smash good at causing alot of damage with minimum effort.
Cons. Not very powerful if you don't go crazy with his attacks.
Recommended path. Demalition troll
Boomers name says it all. Again both paths are AMAZING.

Sunburn
Pros. Great overpower character. Flamethrower breath lasts long and will burn enemies to a crisp. Immolation teleport great for escaping while damaging enemies, a unique feature. Both paths make him extremely strong and completes both attacks. Soul gem upgrade completes phoenix dash too. Flamethrower breath looks short range, but its not on flamethrower path.
Cons. Attacks are very mono focused. Soul gem upgrade is more flashy then useful. I heard that Phoenix grand blaze slows down you attack but I don't know if thats true.
Recommended path. Flame Lord
Sunburn is the most powerful fire skylander. Both paths are amazing like most high ranked skylanders. Pick well.

Gill Grunt
Pros. Harpoons are a strong attack that can shoot quickly and at long range. Power hose good at crowd control. Water jetpack lets you move around quickly while you can still fire harpoons.Water Weaver path......AMAZING. Anchor cannon is a fast charging move that doesn't suck like daybringer flame and yamato blast.
Cons. Harpoons never really pull of the power factor for a main move without the harpooner path. Slow when not using water jetpack.
Recommended path. Water weaver
Gill grunt is amazing on water weaver. It makes him not so mono focused and helps his speed problem. AMAZING.

Bash
Pros. Can cause the most damage with a single attack more then any other skylander exept with moves you can hold for a long time. P.S. Steath elf blades are a series of attacks not single attacks. Pulver roll is easy to control and quite strong easpecially when fully upgraded. Stone projection is a good ground move. Tennis tail, Double roll, Soul gem, all useful.
Cons. Bash's only disadvantages on being the most powerful skylander is his lack of speed on his attacks, moving speed, and his range.
Recommended path. Pulver dragon
Again I know most people like granite dragon more but pulver dragon is more useful. On granite dragon you only get increased damage on sprojection and tail swipe and then a charge attack. On pulver dragon you get increased damage on all tree upgrades plus it can roll through enemy attacks and become larger and faster, way better then another charging move.

Double Trouble
Pros. Eldritch beam great range and can hold for ages doing continous damage. Exploding doubles good helpers and
seek enemies. Magic bomb very strong especially on channelar path. ebeam locks on.
Cons. Slower. Exploding doubles explode not as good as sonic booms babies. Soul gem has little use after collecting all treasure chests etc.
Recommended path. Channeler
Double trouble is the kind of character that has attacks that are too good. Again both paths are amazing but I recommended channeler gust because of the damage bonus, but conjuror is more fun I think.

Terrafin
Pros.Very strong melee. Puching is quite strong. Burrowing fully protects you, and body slam does good damge and is good at crowd control. Mini sharks do continous damage for awhile and home on see sandhog path. Sandhog path is.... AMAZING ONE OF THE BEST PATHS IN THE GAME MAKES TFIN UNSTOPABLE.
Cons. Body slam makes you vulnerable after usage especially against character that can wipe you out quickly. Burrowing doesn't last forever smilie
Recommended path. Sandhog
Whoever doesn't choose sandhog for terrafin needs to go to a mental hospital. Razorfin and Master earth swimmer are GREAT!!! plus homing frenzy completes mini sharks attacks and makes it a great long range attack.

Drobot
Pros. best dps in game. Hover mode gives you a easier way to directly assault enemies. Master blaster path performs incredibly and is one of the best paths in the game. Afterburners hurt enemies and is a good way to get away from someone who can bet him like steath elf.
Cons.Blade gears don't compare to his other surperior moves. Truster flight is hard to control even with afterburners.
Recommended path. Master blaster
Drobot is a beast. B-E-A-S-T. Master blaster makes him the strongest he can be.

Steath elf
Pros BEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME!!!! Blade slash is can kill gust about anything well without being upgraded, when upgraded it makes her unstopable. aboreal acrobatics is a good way to escape. Pook blade saint is one of the best paths in the game. Soul gem upgrade gives her free healing.
Cons. Scarcrows are intereasting but are pointless. Teleporting can be disrupted.
Recommended path. Pook blade saint
STEATH ELF IS A BEAST AND THE BEST CHARACTER!!!!!!! Unforunetly not many fall for the scarecrow trap smilie. the only reasan she outclasses drobot is because of the soul gem upgrade. drobot can fire long range and when steath elf gets close he can escape with truster flight/ afterburners.
---
Right now I'm willing to battle people on Super Smash Bros Brawl
#1057 Posted: 15:44:12 01/06/2012
Quote: Ignitor101
High five dude!sotf ignitor is my favourite skylander too!

Yes, now I know that someone other than me likes him!!!
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#1058 Posted: 18:21:54 01/06/2012

That one is actually my favorite, too. Also, major love for Floral Defender Zook, and Marauder Voodood. Now there are two well-designed builds.
#1059 Posted: 19:44:14 01/06/2012
What's the best PvP character, Tashiji? I'm not looking for fun builds that happen to sorta be powerful, I'm looking for raw, kick-butt power. smilie A top 3-10 would be awesome. I value your opinion very highly, as you are very professional with your posts. I was on this site before I had an account for quite a while, and did all of the pathes you said to choose, and, oh my word, there so correct. I've also followed your strategy and done both paths with all of mine, and the path you say to do is always better.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:51:55 01/06/2012 by noco99
#1060 Posted: 20:32:06 01/06/2012
What's the best PvP character, Tashiji? I'm not looking for fun builds that happen to sorta be powerful, I'm looking for raw, kick-butt power. smilie A top 3-10 would be awesome. I value your opinion very highly, as you are very professional with your posts. I was on this site before I had an account for quite a while, and did all of the pathes you said to choose, and, oh my word, there so correct. I've also followed your strategy and done both paths with all of mine, and the path you say to do is always better.

There's no conversation without Pook Blade Saint Stealth Elf. In the proper hands, she really only has one weakness, and that's to Cynder (and Wii version Eruptor, I suppose). Cynder herself is also in the top tier, because it takes a very specific set of skills to beat her, and most characters just don't have those--Drobot and Soul of the Flame Ignitor are your best two bets. Those are also two characters I'd put at or near the top. Ignitor is only really weak to Steatlh Elf and Slam Bam, and Drobot's counters are Stealth Elf and Ignitor. To be perfectly honest, Stealth Elf, Ignitor, Drobot, and Cynder, in no particular order, are probably the game's top four characters.

The rest of the top ten can't be complete without Zook, who dominates most fights with Floral Defender. Dino Rang is deceptively powerful on Grand Boomerang Master, and has huge advantages against 90% of the game's characters when played well. Terrafin has got to be in this conversation as well; he's pretty cheap when played right. Double Trouble is probably in this category as well, because he's built somewhat like Cynder--you need a very specific type of character for him. Bonecrafter Hex might be slightly inferior to Zook, but still belongs in the top ten regardless, because it's just a very effective style of play against the vast majority of Skylanders. Flame Lord Sunburn is a killer, though, and so is Captain Crustacean Wham-Shell--mid-range attacks on a strong melee are deceptively strong, and I think the only reason he's not brought up more often in PVP is the scarcity of the toy. Bash is good, so is Camo, so is Voodood... there are a lot of strong paths that might belong in the top ten as well. EgoNaut's tier list is honestly pretty accurate as far as predicting character strength.

Anyway, to sum it up, the top five are probably Stealth Elf, Cynder, Ignitor, Drobot, and I guess Zook. Dino Rang, Hex, Bash, Double Trouble, Terrafin, Camo, Voodood, Sunburn, Wham-Shell, I guess even Slam Bam, and Eruptor (but only on Wii) are all deserving in their own way of being in the top ten. Generally, top-tier matches are going to have two of the above characters going against each other; there's a pretty big power divide between this list and the rest of the pack.

Yours is actually a pretty tough question to answer. The top of the heap is pretty crowded in this game. It's not the Stealth Elf v Drobot v Cynder trifecta it's often made out to be. On any given day, any of the characters I've listed could win a tournament including everyone.
#1061 Posted: 20:43:53 01/06/2012
Thank you, Tashiji, that makes things much easier. And, yes, I was also just now wondering why Wham-Shell wasn't brought up more. He's the only one I need to complete my collection, but I can never find him. Anyone have any advice on where to look?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:44:37 01/06/2012 by noco99
#1062 Posted: 20:50:00 01/06/2012
I got him from GameStop.com, and then found our boxed one in an actual GameStop. I'd be vigilant online, and just keep checking stores. His Poseidon Strike is an excellent attack for PVP.
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#1063 Posted: 02:47:47 02/06/2012
Blitz spyro is better in the wii because it takes less time to do the ibex wrath charge. WII ALWAYS GETS THE GOOD STUFF! THATS WHY I BOUGHT IT TO ACCOMPANY MY XBOX VERSION!
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1064 Posted: 06:20:18 02/06/2012
Im actully surprised that everyone is likeing undead defender for chop chop. Wasnt there alot of glitchs with that path?
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#1065 Posted: 06:35:56 02/06/2012
I don't know, but the fact that you can deflect shots, stun people and unleash a 75 point attack.
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
#1066 Posted: 19:01:10 02/06/2012
Yes, it's very glitchy, and he still loses the majority of his matches, but the shield bash gives him a slightly better shot thanks to its stun effect. Still bottom of the barrel PVP though.

And the Wii version loses out as much as it wins; check out Drill Sergeant and Ghost Roaster. Sure, they have the Eruptor advantage, and things like the Ibex timer, but more characters are nerfed on the Wii.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:35:32 02/06/2012 by Tashiji
Sunburn 21 Green Sparx Gems: 214
#1067 Posted: 19:08:39 02/06/2012
these are the paths i recommend and i tried them all:
Spyro: Get L or D spyro to take blitz spyro and regular to take sheep burner although i perfer Blitz Spyro.
Double Trouble: Conjuror sucks compared to Chaneller
Voodood: Tough choice but i like elemintalist more
Wrecking Ball: Ultimate Spinner for MORE DAMAGE although total tounge is cool
Boomer: Demolition Troll is the best
Drill Sergeant: I think BattleDozer barley tops MegaDozer
Drobot: Master Blaster or RESET NOWW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trigger Happy: Both paths are cool but i like Golden Frenzy more
Gill Grunt: Water Weaver tops Harpooner
Slam Bam: Blizzard Brawler for damage and PvP With Bonus Armor
Wham-Shell: I have only tried Captain Crustacen smilie
Zap: Tesla Dragon but Slime Serpent is ok
Bash: Granite Dragon for Damage
Dino-Rang: Earthen Avenge Very Barley Tops Grand Boomerang Master
Prism-Break: Crystaleer all the way!!!!!!!!!!!
Terrafin: Sandhog for a 3rd best skylander Brawler for a Noob
Eruptor: Magmantor is cool but you always overthrow the lava blobs Volcanor for pure awesomeness
Flamslinger: It's hard to say both are awesome
Ignitor: Soul of the Flame for Damage but Blademaster is still a bit better
Sunburn: My Fav Skylander of all on Blaze Dragon
Chop Chop: Vampiric Warrior is a lot better
Cynder: Nether Welder although Shadowdancer is cool
Ghost Roaster: Fear Eater makes me dead in an instant so SKULL MASTER OR HE WILL HAUNT YOU IN YOUR SLEEP HAHAHAHahahahahahahahahahahaha
Hex: Bone Crafter is fun & unique
Camo: Melon Master is sooooooooooo strong!!!!!!!!
Stealth Elf: Pook Blade Saint is much better than Forest Ninja
Stump Smash: Either is good but i prefer Nut Crafter
Zook: Artilleryman is very cool but Floral Defender is edging on me now
Lightning Rod: Offence or Denfence whatever you prefer
Sonic Boom: Both paths are gr8 hard to say
Warnado: Take Eye of the Storm
Whirlwind: Tempest Dragon is SOOOOOOOOOO Strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HexDisciple Green Sparx Gems: 249
#1068 Posted: 20:13:14 02/06/2012
For those of you who want reviews on Wham-Shell and Warnado, I just got them yesterday, so here goes.
smilie
Cap.Crustacean
This path is an utter melee BEAST.It's combos are sickly powered, and his Mace Master one in particular is a potent melee shield, since it casts multiple hits at close range.Its starting combo(which I like to call Mace Drill)deals half(rounded up) of the current damage of your mace, and is overall a quick way to dispense damage at a medium long range.Mace Master does the same, while sadly slowing your movement speed down and turning quite slowly.The good point is, it lasts for 1.5-2 seconds.
Power Slam deals DOUBLE your current damage and its impact area is like Poseidon Strike's, only a little smaller and surrounding not you, but the mace.The Poseidon Strike upgrade, aside from being a good asset, bringing your PS damage to 50, also has 2 cosmetic effects:turning the mace gold, and summoning 3 golden spikes(Also, these Spikes are covered in other spikes)that expand the range in front of you dramatically.

Commander Crab
Such a path, unlike the Captain Crustacean one, focuses solely on the Starfish Bullets, and it leaves them in really good shape.
To kick things off, it has you shooting 3 at once.When you charge, you still fire 3.Unfortunaly, these are returned to the power they had before any upgrade.Yet technically, since there are 3 of them, it can be considered a power upgrade after the second upgrade, Semi-Eternal Pursuit, has been bought.Why?Because, as the name suggests, they pursue enemies.In PvP, or when facing lone enemies(like, say, Lava Kings), these stars will tend to cluster and simultaneously strike the same enemy.Again, charging the attack won't damage anything these upgrades offer.
Then, the final upgrade, Nightmare(ish, not sure) Huggers.This allows for some aftermath damage.The stars, after dealing their respective damage, latch and deal 2 per star and hit.Each star will deal about 3 ticks of latching damage.That comes to 7*3*2 damage in total(per SHOT), which comes to 42 damage, coming from a single shot.

Overall,smilie is a good character, both at CQC and ranged combat.Though he has no way of upgrading his foot speed, after some Heroic Challenges, it could come to a respectable level.Know how to play him, and you will either win or severely dent opposition.

smilie
Eye of the Storm
I'm not very fond of this path, personally.
I mean, sure the Turtle Slam and Mini-Warnados are cool, but I just think Wind Lord is better.I'll leave you to decide whether you like it or not.
The first upgrade of this path allows you to make the Spin Attack a more appropriate means of escape than the Whirlwind Flight.
The second one allows to give an offensive function other than tornadoes to the Whirlwind Flight.It also comes with a 15 damage point per shot, somating 60, provided you strike with all the Mini-Warnados, which is neat.The Turtle Slam, aside from ending your flight and dealing 35 damage, completely shuffles(not talkin' about LMFAO here) the turtles and send the away, which makes it all the better if you hit your opponent with one.Use this path if you want to develop and give a functionality to your Flight.

Wind Master
I'm ALL ABOUT THIS ONE.Read and decide by yourself.
OK, so, the first upgrade is a pretty big addition to any Wind Master Warnado's roster.It lets you guide you tornado.If you keep the tornado near you, and keep guiding it(because it has a natural tendence to steer AWAY from you), you have an infinitely lasting tornado that can be used to "warn" others not to approach you.From a certain distance however, you lose control of it.The second upgrade really brings up the Tornado's coolness level.It becomes giant, carries 4 anvils with it, and brings the hurt to 40 damage.That's...quite a sudden improvement, don't you agree?As for the final upgrade, you can still control it...as long as no one approaches.In that case, it'll just run up to them and swirl them, pretty much like it was before, but with two additions:An aggresive attitude and a face that resembles that of a dark Windbag Djinni from the Stormy Stronghold.

Overall, Warnado is a pretty interesting fellow, as both its paths appear to improve abilities related to the element Wind(if you remember, his flight mode is a whirlwind).While being slow, he can make up for it with its flight and its spin attack.

That concludes it.Feel free to state your preferred path.Let me tell you mine already:
smilie-Any
smilie-Wind Master.
---
Gotcha!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:16:03 03/06/2012 by HexDisciple
#1069 Posted: 21:06:56 02/06/2012
What path for Cynder on Wii?
---
ArcticWolf54 Red Sparx Gems: 43
#1070 Posted: 22:33:52 02/06/2012
how can i make my icon 3 different pictures that keep changing
---
Rise and Shine / Full Scream Ahead
#1071 Posted: 02:03:39 03/06/2012
@noco99
I don't have her, but my brothers.
Aaand, since the lightning doesn't even achieve that indefinite milestone.I guess Shadowdancer should be more fun to use.
---
Gotcha!
#1072 Posted: 02:11:28 03/06/2012
Quote: ArcticWolf54
how can i make my icon 3 different pictures that keep changing

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=53251

You are lucky that i subscribed to that topic,cuz it's closed now.anywho there you go!
#1073 Posted: 02:14:42 03/06/2012
Quote: Sunburn 21
Blademaster is still a bit better

Everytime I hear someone say this, I die a little. PLEASE switch to Soul of the Flame. He isn't NEAR as good on Blademaster because of his low speed/HP.
---
#1074 Posted: 02:16:02 03/06/2012
Quote: Sunburn 21
Blademaster is still a bit better

Everytime I hear someone say this, I die a little. PLEASE switch to Soul of the Flame. He isn't NEAR as good on Blademaster because of his low speed/HP.

I agree,blademaster often misses it's hits
#1075 Posted: 02:24:21 03/06/2012
I agree with them.
The combo idea on him is painfully deceiting.
Until I saw what Ignitor's combos where like, I thought they would be better than, say, smilie's.But then I got to actually buy and...I just said..."meeeeeeeeeeeeh".Sure, the sword looks cool, but Ignitor just wanst tailored for that path.This is just my opinion.
I am actually quite fond of Soul of the Flame, and I think I have a good reason for such.Sure, keep him on your path if you'd like to, but...just...reconsider.
---
Gotcha!
Hex Fan88 Green Sparx Gems: 102
#1076 Posted: 15:29:04 03/06/2012
whammy Commander Crab

warnado Eye of the Storm

camo Melon Master
---
smilie Fear The Dark! smilie
smilie why?
smilie cats are out there
#1077 Posted: 19:20:50 03/06/2012
Okay,so i reseted all my skylanders at least once so i could try all paths so here i go.

Magic Skylanders

smilie/smilie/smilieIn pvp,Blitz is better because paralyzing your foe is quite useful,but in story mode you dont have time to use Ibex's Wrath Charge,so go with what you will use him for.

smilieUltimate Spinner,there's no contest,really,if you tried both paths you'll know what i mean..

smilieChanneler,clear and simple,though Conjuror is alot of fun smilie

Earth Skylanders

smilie/smilieGranite Dragon,after hearing great things about pulver,i resetted him,and i HATED PULVER DRAGON,so re-resseted him smilie

smilieI consider brawler to be better because,well,there is some damage improvement,sandhog on the other hane simply makes you go faster on earth,but the belly flop damage remains the same..so,brawler.

Water Skylanders

smilieGlacier Yeti gives something unique to slambam,instead of having another trrafin-like character

smilieWater Weaver,infinity water is all you need with him.

smilieSlime Serpent is a great path,tesla dragon is very rubbish,i mean,it makes him the worst projectile character in the game,why?well shoot 3 times reload shoot 3 times reload...and it only does 12 damage

Fire Skylanders

smilieSoul of the flame is far more superior to BladeMaster simply because he becomes a DESTRUCTION MACHINE,oh,and the sword dosen't always hit enemies..

smilieVolcanor is 300% times better than Magnator,and i don't need to explain why.

smilieBoth paths are excellent on him go with what you like more

Tech Skylanders

smilie/smilieGolden money bags is sooo underrated he'll never beat drobot in pvp,so why try?golden money bags is an excellent path.

smilie When i first got him i knew i was going to chose battledozer,BUT WHEN I DID i hated him so so so much i didn't play him for a week or so.But then,i resseted him and hail storm is amazing.Speed dozer boost also gives him a fighting chance in pvp.

smilie Master Blaster,end of conversation.

Undead Skylanders

smilie Shadowdancer makes her the strongest skylander in the game,yes better then Stealth Elf Drobot etc etc.
spamming the shadow dash makes you nearly impossible to hit,and those ghosts do amazon damage.

smilie/smilieUndead Defender,but even then chop chop isn't too good.

smilie Since i play in the 360 skull master,but both paths are good on him.

Air Skylanders

smilieTempest Dragon,that tempest matrix is like a shield!

smilieI really can't chose,both paths are amazing.

smilieSee above

I can't believe you like brawler compared to sandhog. Comparing damage to damaging opponents while invincible is rubbish.
also granite dragon on bash? Your kidding right. Pulver dragon is way better. Again if you want zap to be the strongest he can be (not very strong) choose telsa dragon. People gust choose slime serpent because they don't care about him because he's weak, believe me I did that with sonic boom to and later I had alot of fun with her but don't do that with zap. For the most part your list is pretty accurate though...
---
#1078 Posted: 19:48:35 03/06/2012
Quote: Madhouse1
Okay,so i reseted all my skylanders at least once so i could try all paths so here i go.

Magic Skylanders

smilie/smilie/smilieIn pvp,Blitz is better because paralyzing your foe is quite useful,but in story mode you dont have time to use Ibex's Wrath Charge,so go with what you will use him for.

smilieUltimate Spinner,there's no contest,really,if you tried both paths you'll know what i mean..

Earth Skylanders

smilie/smilieGranite Dragon,after hearing great things about pulver,i resetted him,and i HATED PULVER DRAGON,so re-resseted him smilie

smilieI consider brawler to be better because,well,there is some damage improvement,sandhog on the other hane simply makes you go faster on earth,but the belly flop damage remains the same..so,brawler.

Water Skylanders

smilieGlacier Yeti gives something unique to slambam,instead of having another trrafin-like character

smilieSlime Serpent is a great path,tesla dragon is very rubbish,i mean,it makes him the worst projectile character in the game,why?well shoot 3 times reload shoot 3 times reload...and it only does 12 damage

Fire Skylanders

smilieSoul of the flame is far more superior to BladeMaster simply because he becomes a DESTRUCTION MACHINE,oh,and the sword dosen't always hit enemies..

smilieVolcanor is 300% times better than Magnator,and i don't need to explain why.

Tech Skylanders

smilie/smilieGolden money bags is sooo underrated he'll never beat drobot in pvp,so why try?golden money bags is an excellent path.

smilie When i first got him i knew i was going to chose battledozer,BUT WHEN I DID i hated him so so so much i didn't play him for a week or so.But then,i resseted him and hail storm is amazing.Speed dozer boost also gives him a fighting chance in pvp.

Undead Skylanders

smilie Shadowdancer makes her the strongest skylander in the game,yes better then Stealth Elf Drobot etc etc.
spamming the shadow dash makes you nearly impossible to hit,and those ghosts do amazon damage.

Air Skylanders

smilieSee above

I can't believe you like brawler compared to sandhog. Comparing damage to damaging opponents while invincible is rubbish.
also granite dragon on bash? Your kidding right. Pulver dragon is way better. Again if you want zap to be the strongest he can be (not very strong) choose telsa dragon. People gust choose slime serpent because they don't care about him because he's weak, believe me I did that with sonic boom to and later I had alot of fun with her but don't do that with zap. For the most part your list is pretty accurate though...

I agree that i might be wrong with terrafin,but i cannot say that tesla dragon is better for zap because it simply isn't,slime serpent is also much more versile
#1079 Posted: 20:54:56 03/06/2012
Well, Sandhog Terrafin might be better, but if you like using his punches(which, according to a video I saw, can come out deceptively fast), there's no reason not to go for Brawler.Also, Terrafin's most powerful attack, the Bodyslam, suffers no reduction in power should Brawler be chosen, so in my o...Wait, I forgot to say that they both harbor an upgrade for the Feeding Frenzy attack, in the case of Sandhog, making them home in, and in case of Brawler, release them as you are attacked.So, I daresay that Terrafin loses out on few in either path he chooses.
And, just put of curiosity, can someone tell me how much does his fin deal in damage, please?
---
Gotcha!
#1080 Posted: 21:14:14 03/06/2012
The fin does 15 damage, but rapidly. And it hits aput 3-6ish times.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:23 03/06/2012 by noco99
#1081 Posted: 22:10:22 03/06/2012
Is 15 the damage per hit or the total damage?
---
Gotcha!
#1082 Posted: 22:53:40 03/06/2012
Per hit.
---
Blazier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#1083 Posted: 03:54:40 04/06/2012
What path is better for Ghost Roaster on Wii
---
BLAZIER APPROVED
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#1084 Posted: 09:36:42 04/06/2012
Wow, I think I went the wrong path with Cynder.

I've read Shadowdancer is better, and I thought I choose it, but I just realized I didn't. I knew something was a little bland about the path... Like everything. So Shadowdancer is what most of you would go for, right?
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1085 Posted: 10:18:12 04/06/2012
Quote: Blazier
What path is better for Ghost Roaster on Wii

I've heard people say that Fear Eater is better for Wii.
Skull Master is best on the other consoles.
---
Bring the Fanta
Blazier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#1086 Posted: 10:57:05 04/06/2012
What path is better for smilie and smilie

I did Blade Master for smilie and Channeler for smilie and I think I picked the wrong ones should I change them
---
BLAZIER APPROVED
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:59:50 04/06/2012 by Blazier
#1087 Posted: 13:12:09 04/06/2012
Soul of the flame is the best for ignitor but you did the better one for double trouble
---
#1088 Posted: 15:57:11 04/06/2012
soul of the flame is far better than blademaster,blademaster is so slow.And for double trouble you took the right path
#1089 Posted: 16:20:35 04/06/2012
Just one question:What does Channeler have that conjuror does not?
Is it the repeated magic bombs vs the Imbue construct+Rocket powered doubles?
---
Gotcha!
#1090 Posted: 16:30:37 04/06/2012
yes,also the eldritch beam doing more damage isn't the best part,it's mostly because it gets longer range
#1091 Posted: 16:35:05 04/06/2012
Thaanks.
I don't have him anyway smilie My brothers do.
---
Gotcha!
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#1092 Posted: 16:58:55 04/06/2012
Ok, i am pretty sure about the path choices i am going to make for smilie (Ultimate Spinner) and smilie (Bone Crafter), but i have also heard people happy with the other path. are these the right choices?
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:59:48 04/06/2012 by Bean Sprout
#1093 Posted: 18:40:39 04/06/2012
pretty much,yes,wrecking ball is good on both paths,while hex is a LOT more versile on bone crafter,so yes,you made the right choices
#1094 Posted: 18:54:07 04/06/2012
Thanks, ignitor. That is very reassuring.
I think i made the right choices on the other skylanders that i have gotten to the point of choosing with ( smilie sheep burner, smilie the teleporty one (i cant think of the name right now) smilie water weaver ( i am positive on this one), and so on,) (By the way, i just got this game, so i am not very far. However, i did a TON of research on the skylanders beforehand, so i still have some knowledge of it)
IF anyone thinks i have chosen the wrong path, tell me. i do not want to be cheated out of a good skylander.
Thanks
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:55:26 04/06/2012 by Bean Sprout
#1095 Posted: 19:03:30 04/06/2012
Quote: Madhouse1

Magic Skylanders

Earth Skylanders

Water Skylanders

Fire Skylanders

Tech Skylanders

Undead Skylanders

Air Skylanders

smilieSee above

I agree that i might be wrong with terrafin,but i cannot say that tesla dragon is better for zap because it simply isn't,slime serpent is also much more versile

Slime serpent is better. It turns Zap into a unique and strategic character, not just another projectile fighter that is outclassed by many.
---
#1096 Posted: 19:33:29 04/06/2012
Sorry if this looks like duplicate posting to you guys,but i just noticed that i forgot the life element and recently got camo warnado and wham shell

Magic Skylanders

Earth Skylanders

Water Skylanders

smilieCaptain Crustacean,commander crab dosen't give you damage upgrade,and 2 damage isn't enough,Captain Crustacean
gives you some useful combos and a super stong Posiedon Strike

Fire Skylanders

smilieFlame Lord makes him a very fun character and a very powerful one too,while blaze dragon makes him move slow,and make his teleport attack seem useless,also,the phoenix dash does more damage on Flame Lord

Tech Skylanders

Undead Skylanders

Air Skylanders

smilieSee above

smilieEye of the storm is your best bet,it makes warnado an amzingly fast character and it also makes his whirlwind flight actually do something.

Life Skylanders

smilie: Pook Blade Saint,nuff' said

smilieNut Crafter is better then smash and bash,mostly because smash and bash combos are completely USELESS,also mega nut propagation is better than acorn croquet or smash megnut.

smilie:Floral Defender is Much better than Artilleryman,artilleryman is so boring...besides floral defender is more fun and stronger

smilie:You can't go wrong with this guy,he is AMAZING on both paths.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:45:44 04/06/2012 by Ignitor101
#1097 Posted: 19:39:23 04/06/2012
Sorry if this looks like duplicate posting to you guys,but i just noticed that i forgot the life element and recently got camo warnado and wham shell

Magic Skylanders

Earth Skylanders

Water Skylanders

smilieCaptain Crustacean,commander crab dosen't give you damage upgrade,and 2 damage isn't enough,Captain Crustacean
gives you some useful combos and a super stong Posiedon Strike

Fire Skylanders

smilieFlame Lord

Tech Skylanders

Undead Skylanders

Air Skylanders

smilieSee above

smilieEye of the storm is your best bet,it makes warnado an amzingly fast character and it also makes his whirlwind flight actually do something.

Life Skylanders

smilie: Pook Blade Saint,nuff' said

smilieNut Crafter is better then smash and bash,mostly because smash and bash combos are completely USELESS,also mega nut propagation is better than acorn croquet or smash megnut.

smilie:Floral Defender is Much better than Artilleryman,artilleryman is so boring...besides floral defender is more fun and stronger

smilie:You can't go wrong with this guy,he is AMAZING on both paths.

What is your argument for the volcanor?
I am not disagreeing with you, i have just heard multiple opinions, and i think you are capable of a decent explanation, judging by your previous posts. Also, i would like to know which path is superior, as he is on the way to joining my team...
---
#1098 Posted: 19:42:55 04/06/2012
well,volcanor makes your eruption do 16 damage PLUS the volcanos that ALSO do 16 damage.while magmantor also does 16 damage,however it only damages enemies in front of you,also,the eruption attack becomes much too slow to even use it,so volcanor is better.hope i helped!
#1099 Posted: 19:45:59 04/06/2012
well,volcanor makes your eruption do 16 damage PLUS the volcanos that ALSO do 16 damage.while magmantor also does 16 damage,however it only damages enemies in front of you,also,the eruption attack becomes much too slow to even use it,so volcanor is better.hope i helped!

I see. And i also heard that it is quicker on the Wii version (my version) so that will be my path. i just wasn't sure if the enhanced lava blobs could prove superior. Thank you.
---
#1100 Posted: 19:49:01 04/06/2012
you are welcome and yes,the eruption does attack faster on the wii,i didn't mention it because i play on the 360
First | Previous | Page 22 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me