First | Previous | Page 10 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37 38 39
Upgrade Paths Recommendation Thread [STICKY]
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#451 Posted: 06:03:31 18/03/2012
Watch out for Soul of the Flame Ignitor on any build of Cynder. That is not a good matchup. Drobot too, like you said... but for the most part, she's quite solid.
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#452 Posted: 07:12:45 18/03/2012
Thanks for all the help with Cynder. I think I'll have to try both paths now!
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#453 Posted: 10:54:35 18/03/2012
Can anyone help me? How much damage does whirlwind's rainbow attack do with atomic rainbows?
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#454 Posted: 14:51:38 18/03/2012
about stump smash, is nut crafter good? mine is smash&bash, but i'm not very happy...
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sisqo4ever Green Sparx Gems: 162
#455 Posted: 15:26:20 18/03/2012
Sonic boom is the newest one to my collection, and still after reading what yal have said. It seems to be like a tie of which path to take. I would really like more input on her.
#456 Posted: 15:35:35 18/03/2012
Quote: Sisqo4ever
Sonic boom is the newest one to my collection, and still after reading what yal have said. It seems to be like a tie of which path to take. I would really like more input on her.

actually is really simple.
PVE: siren
PVP: medea
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#457 Posted: 15:58:40 18/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I like Medea with Sonic Boom. The babies are annoying to enemies, useful, fun, and do damage with their egg grenade.

Quote: Geekycat
Can anyone help me? How much damage does whirlwind's rainbow attack do with atomic rainbows?

I'll have to get you confirmed numbers later, but I THINK it's around 30-50, and it's continuous damage, so it does a ton.

Quote: voodude
about stump smash, is nut crafter good? mine is smash&bash, but i'm not very happy...

I like Nut Crafter, the plants that grow on enemies are very useful to stopping them, and his hammer is good enough already, IMO.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:58:53 18/03/2012 by LevanJess
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#458 Posted: 16:19:53 18/03/2012
I've just got a question. I've heard people say they have tried bot paths for Ignitor and that they also stuck with Soul Of Flame path. I tried both and I prefer Blademaster. What is so wrong with this path?
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
#459 Posted: 16:24:39 18/03/2012
Okay thank you, I'll do that path for sonic boom, next question is I have eruptor for a fire element. An I don't really like him. Which is a good fire element to get.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#460 Posted: 17:13:25 18/03/2012
Quote: joerox123
I've just got a question. I've heard people say they have tried bot paths for Ignitor and that they also stuck with Soul Of Flame path. I tried both and I prefer Blademaster. What is so wrong with this path?

Not so much anything wrong with it, just that the Soul of Flame path is a lot of fun. From what I've seen though, Ignitor looks to do more consistent damage while he's a fireball and if you're like right next to an enemy.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#461 Posted: 17:59:03 18/03/2012
Okay thank you, I'll do that path for sonic boom, next question is I have eruptor for a fire element. An I don't really like him. Which is a good fire element to get.

wait for sunburn or ignitor. there's also flamslinger, but i don't like him

Quote: LevanJess

I like Nut Crafter, the plants that grow on enemies are very useful to stopping them, and his hammer is good enough already, IMO.

nice but i think stump smash will be weaker without acorn croquet (the ability that let you throw the meganut)...
---
#462 Posted: 19:15:20 18/03/2012
Soul of the Flame is faster, more damaging, and far more defensively sound than Battlemaster. These differences do exist in story mode, but are much more apparent in PVP, where Soul of the Flame is one of the best, and Battlemaster just fails.
Kao Kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#463 Posted: 21:23:21 18/03/2012
For Ignitor, the reason people do Soul of Flame path is because the morter lets you deal a lot of damage while circumventing Ignitor's weaknesses, which is low HP and low defense (compared to other melee class characters). As Tashiji mentioned, the weakness is already apparent in PvE, but it definitely makes PvP one-sided in favor of your opponent without chipping away at your opponent's HP pool with a couple of morters while they run at you.

For Sonic Boom, as mentioned above, Siren is more geared towards PvE, since the roar is already strong, the path provides added range and the abiity to charge it up for a bit of extra damage. So if you want to be able to simply run through a chapter completely sweeping it of monsters, this is the ideal path. Medea path essentially turns a totally useless ability into something reliable. For starters, you're able to have four babies out instead of three down Siren path. Next, Sunny Side Up adds knockback to eggs when they hit monsters, and doubles damage from 20 to 40. And last, babies hatch fully grown, so you can carelessly respawn them whenever you want without remorse (otherwise, they'd need to collect experience without dying again). Babies aren't terribly strong, doing about 9 damage a hit while you're in cutscenes or collecting loot, but if you're roaring at monsters they're attacking and they get hit by your roar, they roar too, making pretty short work of everything. Remember that without charging your roar on Siren path, roar will do 39 damage down both paths normally.
Stealth Elf 32 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#464 Posted: 23:56:04 18/03/2012
HMM. I picked bladegears from what you say is better.
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
#465 Posted: 00:01:16 19/03/2012
On ghost roaster, i did fear eater
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
#466 Posted: 00:08:52 19/03/2012
Must we reset our character if they don't have the path said?
---
#467 Posted: 02:17:29 19/03/2012
I have 2 questions. First is about sonic boom I chose the path with the babies and I don't like it. Is it a way to reset his path or start him over completely if I have to? 2nd which is the best path for terrafin?
bobishere Green Sparx Gems: 192
#468 Posted: 08:41:27 19/03/2012
Please tell me what is the best path for double trouble???? His shooting & magic bombs or doubles??!?! Please! He is like my 4th favourite!
#469 Posted: 08:43:34 19/03/2012
The best path for TERRAFIN SISQO4EVER IS HIS SAND SHARK! AND WHAT IS THE BEST PATH FOR DOUBLE TROUBLE?!?
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#470 Posted: 10:30:41 19/03/2012
We chose the ice prison path for Slam Bam, too, and at first I didnt care for him. But when he's fully upgraded and you learn to use the ice attack properly, he's a beast. Very cool to defeat enemies without throwing a punch. And with his ice slide, he can easily evade enemies.

I'm not a big fan of the brawler skylanders, so I usually choose the second path for those (like the rolling path for Bash, the nut rafter path for Stump Smash, etc). I prefer upgrades that make them unique as opposed to pure damage potential, but I also don't play PvP. That may have a big influence on upgrade path decisions.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#471 Posted: 11:35:29 19/03/2012
@ Sisqo4ever : If you're playing on the Wii, while playing as Sonic Boom press minus (-), go to Manage (the far right), and choose Reset at the bottom of the list.

Also, best path for Terrafin is Sandhog path. While underground, you cannot be hurt by any means, but with Razorfin, you're able to damage enemies just by "swimming" through them. You're also able to attack at will with mini-sharks, and the upgrade Homing Frenzy improves the damage dealt by the mini-sharks and gives them the ability to home in on enemies. Also, when you're in a group of monsters, just Belly Flop!

Brawler looks like a pretty good path, too, if you're into chopping/slashing/hitting stuff. You'll lose the incredible defensive capabilities of being underground most of the time, though.

@ bobishere : Best path for Double Trouble is Channeler. Conjouror path is mostly just for a few laughs the first two times you watch giant rocket powered constructs launch themselves at unsuspecting victims. (The wording for the Spirit Construct upgrade isn't entirely correct, also. An exploding double is automatically created when monsters are killed by the Eldritch Beam, and not any other means... like a first exploding double.)
#472 Posted: 17:25:45 19/03/2012
I have a ps3, do you know how to reset sonic boom from a ps3?
#473 Posted: 18:36:44 19/03/2012
Press select, navigate two menus to the right, and select reset. The game will ask if you're sure. Say yes, and it's done.
HexDisciple Green Sparx Gems: 249
#474 Posted: 19:06:15 19/03/2012
Will there be any wave feturing SE in the future in Europe?
---
Gotcha!
#475 Posted: 22:27:39 19/03/2012
best path for DOUBLE TROUBLE please!?!
#476 Posted: 22:39:51 19/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kao Kitty
@ bobishere : Best path for Double Trouble is Channeler. Conjouror path is mostly just for a few laughs the first two times you watch giant rocket powered constructs launch themselves at unsuspecting victims. (The wording for the Spirit Construct upgrade isn't entirely correct, also. An exploding double is automatically created when monsters are killed by the Eldritch Beam, and not any other means... like a first exploding double.)

Double Trouble path right here..
---
but i love it all smooth
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#477 Posted: 22:43:08 19/03/2012
Quote: bobishere
best path for DOUBLE TROUBLE please!?!

Channeler kicks butt
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
#478 Posted: 23:05:02 19/03/2012

There's like nothing redeeming about Stumps. Haha. I went Nut Crafter because you at least get a halfway shield out of it.

I enjoy the babbies path. (Medea) It's a ton of fun to have them out an assist you in battle.

Quote: Stealth Elf 32
Must we reset our character if they don't have the path said?

Nope, it's up to you and your own preferences. Everyone has their own opinion on what they like and what they think works well for the characters.

Quote: bobishere
Please tell me what is the best path for double trouble???? His shooting & magic bombs or doubles??!?! Please! He is like my 4th favourite!

Channeler all the way. That beam is pretty much a buttsmasher. I mean, it's almost crazy how much damage you can do with it.
---
Peachezz Red Sparx Gems: 43
#479 Posted: 09:13:09 20/03/2012
Hey everyone, I posted like, a page or 2 ago, about my upgrade paths, and I reset my stealth elf to go the scarecrow path. It is actually really fun haha, I love just doing the old trickeroo and killing stuff while walking around collecting keys or money.
---
Own:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#480 Posted: 18:35:23 20/03/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

There's like nothing redeeming about Stumps. Haha. I went Nut Crafter because you at least get a halfway shield out of it.

meh. i tried nut crafter and seems very weak. with smash&bash, you have at least acorn croquet
---
#481 Posted: 19:14:30 20/03/2012
I have tried both of sonic booms paths and I must I say the siren path is so much stronger. For other people that also had problems choosing a path for her.

Any opinions for wrecking ball, in what path to take him?
#482 Posted: 20:12:40 20/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, the siren is stronger, but in my opinion the eggs are more fun and the game isn't all about damage.
---
but i love it all smooth
#483 Posted: 21:02:50 20/03/2012
I just prefer Medea path because adds a unique role to Skylanders that only Sonic Boom can fulfill down that path. I mean, if the idea was complete and total obliteration of everything and anything, I could just play Drobot.

@ Sisqo4ever : I haven't given Wrecking Ball a complete playthrough yet, but if his tongue move still hits only one monster at a time down the Total Tongue path (which no upgrade seems to suggest this changes), then I would have to go with Ultimate Spinner path (yay for hardest move to control). In the end, you'll probably just end up using Power Belch.
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#484 Posted: 22:39:51 20/03/2012
I've read everything on this thread about Flameslinger and it seems Marksman is marginally more popular than Pyromancer due to the setup time and the skill needed to use it effectively however before I choose his path I wanted to know if Pyromancer makes his flame dash faster or last longer at all? I'm leaning towards Marksman right now but the answer to that question could change this...
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
#485 Posted: 00:34:35 21/03/2012
Quote: Deandria
I've read everything on this thread about Flameslinger and it seems Marksman is marginally more popular than Pyromancer due to the setup time and the skill needed to use it effectively however before I choose his path I wanted to know if Pyromancer makes his flame dash faster or last longer at all? I'm leaning towards Marksman right now but the answer to that question could change this...

Marksman was the better path, I have done both. Even though he in my opinion wasn't one of my favorite skylanders, still looking for a better fire element. But he def better as a marksman, but still takes awhile to defeat the bigger monsters.
#486 Posted: 00:37:46 21/03/2012
And with sonic boom her siren path makes her one of the best skylanders I currently have, and sometimes you just need a dominant skylander.
#487 Posted: 00:52:31 21/03/2012
Quote: Deandria

Almost 100% certain neither path enhances Dash in any way. I played Pyromancer path first, which would be the path that would make more use out of Dash for Supernove, and it seemed to still only last about 3 seconds.
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#488 Posted: 11:17:51 21/03/2012
Quote: Kao Kitty
Almost 100% certain neither path enhances Dash in any way. I played Pyromancer path first, which would be the path that would make more use out of Dash for Supernove, and it seemed to still only last about 3 seconds.

Bah! Disapointing... Thanks for the reply though smilie

Marksman it is then.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#489 Posted: 13:46:59 21/03/2012
bash HAS to have the tail path it can do up to 250 damage
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
#490 Posted: 15:56:09 21/03/2012
And with sonic boom her siren path makes her one of the best skylanders I currently have, and sometimes you just need a dominant skylander.

meh. with medea you have strong babies and the awesome egg grenade. with siren almost nothing
---
#491 Posted: 17:23:43 21/03/2012
Soncic boom - Her babies make her and average skylander, siren make her a great one.
#492 Posted: 17:56:14 21/03/2012
Just unpacked my smilie smilie.He's sitting right by my side, I have to wait for spring break(in Portugal, it's called Easter break, and it starts on the 23rd(this being the last day of classes).Gonna try both paths, I don't mind having to reset.
I have a feeling my choice will depend on whether I like direct assault or jumping out of a defense stance.
By the way, for those who do have Chop(x2), and do not know this, he has a starter combo like Voodood.I think it's A, A, Hold A, then mash A(A being the sword button).It creates a series of stabs for as long as you mash.
Sounds fierce.
Gonna try to beat the game only with it.Wish me luck. I'll keep in touch.
Btw, you're al awesome guys and have earned my respect smilie.
---
Gotcha!
#493 Posted: 19:09:16 21/03/2012
Soncic boom - Her babies make her and average skylander, siren make her a great one.

for pve ok. for pvp i completely disagree

Quote: HexDisciple
Just unpacked my smilie smilie.He's sitting right by my side, I have to wait for spring break(in Portugal, it's called Easter break, and it starts on the 23rd(this being the last day of classes).Gonna try both paths, I don't mind having to reset.
I have a feeling my choice will depend on whether I like direct assault or jumping out of a defense stance.
By the way, for those who do have Chop(x2), and do not know this, he has a starter combo like Voodood.I think it's A, A, Hold A, then mash A(A being the sword button).It creates a series of stabs for as long as you mash.
Sounds fierce.

i recently bought chop chop too and i love him. the bad thing is his damage: it's simply too low. and i hate his AAA combo because usually miss and it's weak. i choose the shield path and with the stun and the laser shield i think it's fine for pve.
---
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#494 Posted: 19:41:24 21/03/2012
what about for zook i just got him.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
#495 Posted: 19:41:42 21/03/2012
i recently bought chop chop too and i love him. the bad thing is his damage: it's simply too low. and i hate his AAA combo because usually miss and it's weak. i choose the shield path and with the stun and the laser shield i think it's fine for pve.

Well, I guess that's what his 3 sword attack upgrades are for(you only get one if you pick Undead Defender path...)
Also, I saw a Youtube video and his Bone Bramble attack sounds cool.It has acceptable range.That video just launched attacks to the air so I have no numbers for a while(don't say them please, I'd appreciate to find them myself).The Cyclone combo sounds pretty powerful.Does it deal 1 or several hits?
I usually PvP with my 5-year old bros(don't be fooled, they can beat my hex with a trigger happy...and I consider myself as a Hex Expert, or, for a cooler title, a Super Necromancer(don't wanna brag...that's just my impression of myself.))And I think Sword should deal a big enough wreck in the sword path. Can the shield deflect or protect from Yamato Blast(the final charge level)?
Well, wish me luck for the test drive in two days(Chop Chop's, not a car's...smilie)
---
Gotcha!
#496 Posted: 19:47:04 21/03/2012

Well, I guess that's what his 3 sword attack upgrades are for(you only get one if you pick Undead Defender path...)
Also, I saw a Youtube video and his Bone Bramble attack sounds cool.It has acceptable range.That video just launched attacks to the air so I have no numbers for a while(don't say them please, I'd appreciate to find them myself).The Cyclone combo sounds pretty powerful.Does it deal 1 or several hits?
I usually PvP with my 5-year old bros(don't be fooled, they can beat my hex with a trigger happy...and I consider myself as a Hex Expert, or, for a cooler title, a Super Necromancer(don't wanna brag...that's just my impression of myself.))And I think Sword should deal a big enough wreck in the sword path. Can the shield deflect or protect from Yamato Blast(the final charge level)?
Well, wish me luck for the test drive in two days(Chop Chop's, not a car's...smilie)

bone bramble deals 17 damage for each it. it's great, but very hard to use. about the sword path, yeah, but with full upgrade it still deal only 20 damage. with the cyclone is quite powerful, though. i still chose the shield path because his playstile looked more various. about golden yamato blast, idk, i haven't tried, but i think it will work only if the shield is upgraded
---
#497 Posted: 17:39:36 22/03/2012

for pve ok. for pvp i completely disagree

Sounds fierce.

I personally don't like chop chop, his damage is pretty low no matter what path you choose. His best move is his bone bramble, if you use it right.
#498 Posted: 19:10:15 22/03/2012
Well, I do respect likers and dislikers of smilie, but, even after seeing smilie, my mind was turned to Chop Chop.
I'm gonna work with both paths to see results(it might be faster to PvP when testing shield path, because you know you'll be attacked sooner or later, unlike PvE, where you have to actually meet a foe, then wait for the AI to attack).
And, even if my bros don't wanna PvP with me, I always have my 12-year old friend to do sosmilie
But, you have to agree he looks cool, and so does his sword after concluding the sword path.
---
Gotcha!
#499 Posted: 20:04:48 22/03/2012
Welp, I've played through a bit with Lightning Rod and Zook. Here's what I chose:

Lightning Rod: Lightning Lord Path. Really the only benefit of the Typhoon Titan one is the extra clouds. LL Path gives your powerful Grand Lightning a huge powerup. At the end, the Lightning Avatar makes him an incredibly powerful Air Skylander. It does 20 points of damage every couple of seconds, appears to have a high crit. hit ratio, AND makes you turn into this amazing nightmarish thunder god.

Zook: Artilleryman path. I really don't see a point in defense in this game, unless you're doing PvP. (And even there, you're much better off doing damage as quickly as possible) You get a lot of power with the bazookas (Arguably Zook's main draw) and the rebound of the exploding shrapnel makes him a nice character to use. Although he's not as powerful as Stealth Elf, he's up there in damage output. I could kill a Knight (100 HP if I'm not mistaken) with a few rockets. What's nice about Zook is that he has a long range of attack. The bazookas go really far. (for reference to those that don't have him, stand on the edge of the Ruins next to Persephone and look at the rock that's floating in the distance. It goes about that far) Only draw back is if a enemy gets up close to you. You'll have a hard time fighting them back off without moving away and getting a better shot at them.
---
#500 Posted: 20:47:38 22/03/2012
@ above

Actually, IMO, all arc shooters are outclassed by Flameslinger's Volley Arrow Shot(Is it like this?).
Except perhaps Trigger Happy.
Apart from that, Zook's attack sounds cool.
His MIRV(Someone tell me what that stands for) Upgrade sounds like it makes The Bazooca Shot a decent AoE.
---
Gotcha!
First | Previous | Page 10 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me