Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > New articulated characters offered on Ebay
Page 1 of 1
New articulated characters offered on Ebay [CLOSED]
hfdpro Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#1 Posted: 20:22:01 22/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Very nice. Won't spoil it, you have to look for yourself:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html...6.c0.m270.l1313
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 21:11:35 22/12/2011
Already a topic about this..

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=43646
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10097
#3 Posted: 21:53:57 22/12/2011
This topic is slightly different, no?
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#4 Posted: 23:42:07 22/12/2011
No not really pretty much the same
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#5 Posted: 23:44:41 22/12/2011
These are very cool, but I wonder if he's allowed to sell them. They have copyright laws, and I know if I was the creator I wouldn't want anybody making money off of my ideas.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#6 Posted: 00:14:07 23/12/2011
I see where you are coming from but he has been doing it for a while now, so I reckon Activision aren't worrying about it.

1/. He has not reverse engineered anything.
2/. He is not claiming the IP as his own.
3/. He is not cheapening the image of Skylanders by doing this (far from it!)
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#7 Posted: 09:10:58 23/12/2011
Thing is, if any company was going to intercept people's efforts, it would probably be Activision. I think these are great, but I wouldn't have the money to spend out on them! I also appreciate the new topic because I am interested in keeping up with these custom Skylanders!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#8 Posted: 14:13:22 23/12/2011
I appreciate the new topic as well. I would not have been aware of either of these without it; they weren't even on Jin's website when last I checked, and I check there frequently. A topic about articulated Zap and Whirlwind might be similar thematically, but there are key differences between this and the other post. This is more of an alert that new ones are available, as opposed to a retread of the general topic about them.

Example:

Empire of Ice comes out today.

Person posts about it.

There are tons of other topics about unreleased Skylanders, even individual ones about Empire of Ice, already on the boards.

What do you do?

If it's anything other than thank the person and head out to the store, I think I've developed a critical misunderstanding of these forums...

Really, from a strictly analytical perspective, this situation is nearly identical to that one. The only difference is that, here, we are talking about fan figures, and there, we would be talking about official ones.
hfdpro Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#9 Posted: 15:54:24 23/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Thank you Tashiji. It was merely an alert, as was my last post on the display listed on Ebay. I believe a warning about a "topic already being started" is better directed at the members posting countless drivel.
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#10 Posted: 18:16:54 23/12/2011
Thanks for creating a new topic and giving it a proper subject. Since I have very limited time for forums, I would've never found it burried in the linked thread.

Unique, time sensitive information is not a double post but instead performing what forums are meant to do; help people get information. In this particular case "Articulated figures" is a thread I'll read if I ever have time (doubtful) but "Articulated figures on eBay" I will read immediately.

Thanks again!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me