Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > How Consumerism Stole Christmas (Empire of Ice rant!)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
How Consumerism Stole Christmas (Empire of Ice rant!) [CLOSED]
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#51 Posted: 05:36:44 22/12/2011
Quote: spyro assasin
Quote: Tashiji
Quote: CAV
Hey. Hey. Hey.

Relax.

EDIT: Besides, the kids can easily ask for the game itself. Not everybody got it at once.

I can assure you, I'm entirely relaxed. I realize that the sterile tone of online communication implies a lot of hostility, but really, this didn't take me long to write (I do it for a living) and I truly feel it needed to be said. I would be considerably more upset if my son could tell the difference between Empire of Ice and a toaster, but that's a few years off yet. Again, I am disappointed, but not angry. Losing confidence that Activision has any vision at all (let alone an active one), but not upset.

It's a letdown, but not an outrage. I really did believe they would come through for the kids in time for Christmas, and I retain that it was their ethical responsibility to ship the darn thing. Otherwise, there's no use pretending it's Christmas-themed, and the Santa hat is meaningless next to, say, a snowman head; something more general/less holiday-related.

hey not all of us are adults you know use less wrighting please. hey I said please

It looks to me that you're too lazy to use ANY grammar, or read his/her posts.
I'm 11 and I have no trouble with reading them all.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#52 Posted: 05:37:47 22/12/2011
I suspect an amalgam of machine and Man.

The majority is done mechanically with highlights done manually.

As for the above-mentioned Stealth Elf defects, I would also expect that a cheap labour employee (who is often paid by deliverable output) would not care too much about a minor defect now and then, as long as they can demonstrate that they met their KPI/s for painting.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10087
#53 Posted: 05:41:48 22/12/2011
Hmm, interesting...on my Spyro when I got him, I noticed two very small orange marks on the purple bit of his head, as if maybe a single paintbrush bristle left a bit of colour were it shouldn't have.
Vhraina Green Sparx Gems: 210
#54 Posted: 05:47:16 22/12/2011
@chaosworrier
Exactly what I think about the figures. It would suck if a person didn't take enough pride in their work to ensure that their figures were pristine, but then again, hardly anything is these days. At least people are only in charge of the miniscule detailing and not the major paint jobs. *shrugs* This just says that they should still be able to churn figures out more quickly than if they hand painted the ENTIRE thing. Minor paint touches like the wrinkles on Boomer's head or the back scales of Dino Rang can be achieved using a sponging technique. Little things like that are easy and quick to do. My husband and I are also costumers and have to make props for them as well. We well understand the mechanics behind painting things by hand and how impossible it would be to spit out the figures as quickly as they can.

Our Ghost Roaster:
[User Posted Image]

His collar was sprayed down while his head was off. You can tell easily smilie
---
No longer an active member of DS. Will no longer be updating pictures. Not worth it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:53:53 22/12/2011 by Vhraina
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#55 Posted: 05:54:38 22/12/2011
That said, someone really unskilled could just easily spray paint the base colours as a machine could.

Labour is cheap in many countries.

Then again, your Hex example does allude to a machine-based template.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#56 Posted: 07:55:36 22/12/2011
I still think these figures are very well made especially when i think of the toys i use to play with as a kid they would break and very dull looking.
Only acceptional toy back in the day were those solid rubber wwf figures Anyone remember those playing with one in each hand then smashing them togather to pretend fight and SLAM your thumb or finger in between them man that hurt.

Anyway sorry to go off topic there just saying i like them
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me