Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Dumbest... Idea... EVER! [CLOSED]
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1 Posted: 17:13:25 21/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Who else here thinks that it would have been a smart idea for Activision to have released the Empire of Ice adventure pack a week or so ago?

You know, for the holidays (Empire of Ice, Slam-Bam is a Snow yeti, one of the levels hats is the Santa hat)

But knowing how crazy people can be it'll probably be released in Spring/Summer
---
Bring the Fanta
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#2 Posted: 18:01:13 21/12/2011
yes that would be a better idea
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#3 Posted: 18:22:35 21/12/2011
that is not the dumbest.... the dumbest is not to include online play in battle mode for up to 4 player and a online co-op for the game main story.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#4 Posted: 18:26:20 21/12/2011
Quote: kappapopm
that is not the dumbest.... the dumbest is not to include online play in battle mode for up to 4 player and a online co-op for the game main story.

Want to know why that was a smart idea, not to include online play at all?

Imagine this.

Player gets ready to beat another person. opponent is about to play ragequitter, but instead of just quitting, they keep removing and placing their character on the portal over and over. Say the campaign was online, imagine playing with someone who decides to change characters every 3 seconds, or decides they want to select a different hat.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#5 Posted: 18:28:13 21/12/2011
Funny, I just mentioned this to someone today as well. It was a very poor decision, and would have made more sense to be released in place of the Pirate one.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6 Posted: 18:30:47 21/12/2011
Quote: GameMaster78

Imagine this.

Player gets ready to beat another person. opponent is about to play ragequitter, but instead of just quitting, they keep removing and placing their character on the portal over and over. Say the campaign was online, imagine playing with someone who decides to change characters every 3 seconds, or decides they want to select a different hat.

Yeah that could happen. Children keeping on switching their characters and keep on doing it for the fun of it, and it's gets pretty annoying. Also, online isn't the best place for children ages 6-12 anyways.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#7 Posted: 18:36:01 21/12/2011

Imagine this.

what about if the one person that replace and remove the character only see that 'no character on portal screen' and not tho other player... and the game dont pause and wait for them or they get only 3 changes and then no more.. or there is an option in the online game you host that set only one playable character for that game...

there are many possibilities...
Spyro-Dragma Green Sparx Gems: 169
#8 Posted: 18:37:54 21/12/2011
yes i think it is dumb too because i really wanted it slam-bam is my favourite skylander and they havnt released it smilie
---
Skylanders i have: [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie]
"The Beam is Supreme"
#9 Posted: 18:38:30 21/12/2011

Imagine this.

what about if the one person that replace and remove the character only see that 'no character on portal screen' and not tho other player... and the game dont pause and wait for them or they get only 3 changes and then no more.. or there is an option in the online game you host that set only one playable character for that game...

Kids at 6-12 are not ready for online play anyways, kappa. At that age, they will easily get offended if their character gets beaten and do expected responses like ragequitting and screaming.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#10 Posted: 18:39:13 21/12/2011

Imagine this.

There are, but what would be the point of playing if all of your opponents just kept switching for the 'lulz'? Just listing it as 'no character change' won't stop some bratty kid removing it in a temper. And then there's the whole portal running out of power issue. You don't get a warning, it just flat out conks out.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#11 Posted: 18:40:02 21/12/2011
Quote: Aura24

Imagine this.

Yeah that could happen. Children keeping on switching their characters and keep on doing it for the fun of it, and it's gets pretty annoying. Also, online isn't the best place for children ages 6-12 anyways.

they could set option for the game play, you remove it you lose... then the replacing fun wouldn't be that fun anymore... when it comes to online play there is more 6-12 years old playing mw3 than skylanders...

[User Posted Image]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:51:08 21/12/2011 by kappapopm
#12 Posted: 18:46:11 21/12/2011
Must you add that picture that stretches the topic...? <.<
---
#13 Posted: 18:51:37 21/12/2011
Must you add that picture that stretches the topic...? <.<

better now?....
#14 Posted: 18:52:22 21/12/2011
Yes, that's better thank you.
---
#15 Posted: 18:55:48 21/12/2011
kid's play that stuff all the time my friend knows every cheat in grand theft auto liberty city gay tony
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10097
#16 Posted: 19:34:12 21/12/2011
Then again, it isn't snowing everywhere, but I see your point.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#17 Posted: 20:23:40 21/12/2011
A lack of online play at least means a lack of voice chat, which means nobody will be screaming the F word at little kids or trying to coax them into the back of a van. While the game would benefit from limited, anonymous online battling, full XBL or PSN support has its drawbacks, and would certainly need to omit a chat function.
#18 Posted: 20:29:55 21/12/2011
you should see my friends cousin he has the biggest mouth in the world his favorite word is **** so he is addicted to call duty of course and he has playstation network
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#19 Posted: 21:31:18 21/12/2011
I think a game like this would lag terribly online. Plus, there's just something brilliant about playing it with people sat right next to you! I initially was disappointed about the lack of online, and maybe for the PvP it could have worked, but definitely not for the story.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Poptimus Green Sparx Gems: 218
#20 Posted: 01:56:34 22/12/2011
Even though this online subject is really off topic...

I'd be all for the idea of couch play, it's a bit hard when you're a college student living on your own. None of my friends have much interest in getting their own Skylanders due to the same fact. However, online play and perhaps adding 2v2 to battle mode (since you could do so online) would probably get quite a few of my friends interested in the game.

Online play is the key to making even more money on this product. There is absolutely no reason not to include online play with the right implementation.
#21 Posted: 02:03:26 22/12/2011
Online play may not be very appropriate for kid's 5-8 but by then kid's 9-13 should be able to dicide if it's appropriate or not ,with gamestop going on about no m games to kids under 17 but if you go other places they will let you, mainly people play call duty online and the rated m rating left a handful of under ages out,finnaly I say online playwith skylanders is not so appropriate.
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#22 Posted: 03:02:57 22/12/2011

Imagine this.

they could set option for the game play, you remove it you lose... then the replacing fun wouldn't be that fun anymore... when it comes to online play there is more 6-12 years old playing mw3 than skylanders...

[User Posted Image]

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, i want that kids hat so bad smilie i can't find a perry the platypus hat anywhere -__-
#23 Posted: 03:05:36 22/12/2011
a kid at school has a perry the platapus hat
Dueck Green Sparx Gems: 301
#24 Posted: 06:06:49 22/12/2011
Leave it to Activision to have a good idea and fail to run with it properly.
---
smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie
smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie
Vhraina Green Sparx Gems: 210
#25 Posted: 06:25:34 22/12/2011

Imagine this.

To make it a playble function, they could make it to where only the player's screen changed. The others couldn't move from the screen, but they could still fight while the character was being changed. Also, put a time limit between character changes. That way the on off on of on off thing couldn't happen.
---
No longer an active member of DS. Will no longer be updating pictures. Not worth it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me