Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Positioning of figurines [CLOSED]
Vhraina Green Sparx Gems: 210
#1 Posted: 04:16:54 19/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Has anyone else noticed that there are specific designs used for characters? What I mean is, look at Sonic Boom, Whirlwind, and Drobot. They all face the same way, and all legs are in the same position, as are the wings. Terrafin, Stealth Elf, Stump Smash, Ghost Roaster, and VooDood are in their own class of position as well. Left arm (facing you) is down, elbow bent; right arm is raised behind the character normally with weapon in hand. Eruptor, Boomer, Hex, Dino Rang, Drill Sergeant, and Prism Break are in the next category. The positions that they are similar in are left arm raised, elbow bent and slightly behind the character's head. Right arm is in a forward thrusting/punching motion normally with a weapon. Bash and L. Bash, Chop Chop and L. Chop Chop, and all three Spyros (along with, surprisingly enough, Wreaking Ball) each have their same position. The only Skylanders to have an original position are Gill Grunt, Flameslinger, Trigger Happy, Zap, and Ignitor. I haven't compared the new figures that will be coming out, but I thought this was rather interesting...
---
No longer an active member of DS. Will no longer be updating pictures. Not worth it.
RocketBeast Green Sparx Gems: 326
#2 Posted: 04:20:43 19/12/2011
I have noticed this too, but I simply shrugged it off saying that some are at a party fist-pumping, while the others are chilling at a Starbucks smilie

But seriously, maybe the repeated positions are meant to simplify the molds when they were crafting the Skylanders? I mean, have Poses A, B, C, and D kinda thing, rather than having to come up with a super individual pose for each?
Maybe these poses were chosen as they were the best ones that made the characters look most appealing?
---
Beastly Tiki Behemoth
Own: (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)
#3 Posted: 04:22:28 19/12/2011 | Topic Creator
I'm not sure, but whatever it is, it is funny. It probably was a mold decision. I have to agree with you though, it does look like a fun partying is going on with some of them! smilie
---
No longer an active member of DS. Will no longer be updating pictures. Not worth it.
#4 Posted: 04:24:56 19/12/2011
I suppose it really is all speculation in the end. And yeah, kinda makes me think someone should gather all the 'party-goers', and take pics of them at their own little party, with flashing club lights and the oonts-oonts-oonts smilie
---
Beastly Tiki Behemoth
Own: (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)
#5 Posted: 04:27:25 19/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Shaweet... Sounds like a great picture idea! Thanks! Oh and I have an amendment to the list! Drobot is actually a unique mold as well because of his raised fore-paw.
---
#6 Posted: 04:28:24 19/12/2011
No probs!
Hmm, so he kind of fits in with Spyro and Camo then, no?
---
Beastly Tiki Behemoth
#7 Posted: 04:31:04 19/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Somewhat, but his tail also raises into a point and the foot is the opposite raised.
---
#8 Posted: 04:49:48 19/12/2011
True enough, and seeing as how the other poses are so very similar, can probably rule those three out as the same group.
---
Beastly Tiki Behemoth
Seth727 Green Sparx Gems: 185
#9 Posted: 04:16:02 20/12/2011
hmm i didnt really realise this.
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie )(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#10 Posted: 04:25:09 20/12/2011
I noticed that the elamental stand is in a different shape example zap gillgrunt all magics have same stand molds
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:29:29 20/12/2011 by spyro assasin
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me