Page 1 of 1
Broken Skylanders? [CLOSED]
Jack Green Sparx Gems: 115
#1 Posted: 19:55:19 17/12/2011 | Topic Creator
I've encountered my first problem with Skylanders smilie

My problem is that one of my figures (Chop Chop) is "broken". When placed on the portal, the loading starts, but is then interrupted by a message screen saying "A toy on the Portal of Power is broken. Please remove the toy from the portal and contact Activision Customer support" (Which I did of course). They offered some solutions like placing the figure on a different area of the portal, or replacing the batteries in the portal, but I have the PC version and my portal does not use batteries. The last option they gave me was sending in my Chop Chop for the replacement warranty, but thinking I wouldn't have any issues with my purchase I threw out everything but the figure/card/stickers.

However, there is still a faint beacon of light. I've read that people who have gotten this message on console versions of the game were able to put them onto a 3DS portal, get that same message, but are then given an option to reset the character right there which fixes the issue. This can't be done on the console versions because the reset is in the character menu, which you need the character to work in order to get there.

But, in order to do so I would have to drop a good chunk of money to pick up a 3DS+3DS Skylanders, which I feel just buying a new Chop Chop would be a better alternative. Where it becomes a problem though, is say other figures start to do this, more specifically ones that don't come in single packs.

Tl;dr - Has anybody else had problems with "broken" Skylanders? Do you know of a fix for when this happens? Is it possible to do resets with other methods, such as through the online Universe game?
---
S:SA 9/37 (Green smilie)
S:G 1/62
Looking for smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie, PM me! (:
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10087
#2 Posted: 21:01:23 17/12/2011
I've had 2, I just sent them back to the store and either got it swapped or replaced.

I traded my broken Trigger Happy back to the store and got another one in a day, and I swapped my broken Bash with a Drobot (though it sometimes randomly says that Drobot is broken, but when I move him a bit it works again.)
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#3 Posted: 23:43:32 17/12/2011
I had a stuffed up Spyro, but my mum always keeps reciepts. We emailed activision and got them to send us a replacement. Took forever. We ended up going back to the place we got it from and just swapping the Spyro, 'assuming' Activision were not going to send us the replacement any time soon. Next day, guess what arrives in the post. The replacement. smilie So we took the activision one to the place we got it from so they wouldn't need to sell a dud pack.

I'm starting to notice tho that they are all for the PC version...
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
the ignitor Ripto Gems: 78
#4 Posted: 00:37:13 18/12/2011
My guyz are all fine no problems
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#5 Posted: 05:42:16 18/12/2011
Activision Support is really your main place to go if your figure's busted. Or you can spare a few morsels for a new Skylander. Only downside is that it takes long.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#6 Posted: 07:55:14 18/12/2011
I am glad that I live in a civilised country where I can simply take the non-working item back to where I purchased it and it is their responsibility to replace it; no mess, no fuss.

That said, I have no had any issues with figurines (knock wood). My understanding is that the PC version has a bug in it or the PC portal is too "strong" as it seems to be the culprit for a majority of the issues encountered.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Jack Green Sparx Gems: 115
#7 Posted: 09:16:29 18/12/2011 | Topic Creator
It's interesting that it seems to occur most often with the PC version. Makes me regret selling my Xbox smilie

Thanks for all the input so far guys! Lesson learned: save receipts!
---
S:SA 9/37 (Green smilie)
S:G 1/62
Looking for smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie, PM me! (:
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me