Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > How many think activision should be giving us updates by now?Good or Bad
Page 1 of 1
How many think activision should be giving us updates by now?Good or Bad [CLOSED]
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#1 Posted: 18:00:09 14/12/2011 | Topic Creator
i think sombody should have givin us somekind of info about the rest of the figures and levels.

But then i just think i'm a skylander freak and it hasnt been that long i just want them cause i have everything that is out so far

I don't know what's your opinion?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 18:00:45 14/12/2011
Buy the strategy guide.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#3 Posted: 18:01:57 14/12/2011
Any idea where to buy the strategy guide???
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
#4 Posted: 18:03:04 14/12/2011
....Look it up on the web, obviously. They could be sold in gamestop or any game store.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:05:13 14/12/2011 by Aura24
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#5 Posted: 18:10:12 14/12/2011
I bought mine in a TRU
#6 Posted: 18:33:42 14/12/2011 | Topic Creator
I have never bought one before is it worth the money and what does it contain i know strategy but like what
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#7 Posted: 18:36:34 14/12/2011
One of the worst guides I own, tbh. Spelling mistakes, general mistakes, lack of information, etc.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#8 Posted: 18:37:03 14/12/2011
The guide has information on all of the Skylanders (except the Legendary ones since they have the same abilities as their normal counterparts), has every Soul Gem, Story Scroll, Winged Sapphires, and Legendary Treasure locations; a look at the Heroic Challenges for each Skylander, it has also some info on the magic items and maps of all of the Adventure Packs (released and non-released).
---
#9 Posted: 18:52:15 14/12/2011 | Topic Creator
WOW really I dident know they had that much info
I just figured it was a fancier walkthrough

Thanks i'm definitly gonna buy it
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#10 Posted: 18:53:05 14/12/2011
There's also a walkthrough yeah
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#11 Posted: 18:54:15 14/12/2011
Quote: Aura24
... a look at the Heroic Challenges for each Skylander, it has also some info on the magic items and maps of all of the Adventure Packs (released and non-released).

It doesn't really list much information on those, though. I mean, it doesn't really look at the challenges - It just lists them and copies the game without any real information.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#12 Posted: 18:56:19 14/12/2011
I seen the guide when the game first came out....now it seems to be sold out everywhere!
I did find one on amazon.ca....will get that one. Thanks all.
---
#13 Posted: 20:00:45 14/12/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah there like 22 bucks with shipping and taxes on amazon.ca

I don't know if it's worth it or not
#14 Posted: 20:27:22 14/12/2011
You can always look at the guide in your local gamestore if they have it.
---
Triggster9000 Red Sparx Gems: 98
#15 Posted: 20:29:33 14/12/2011
The guide is good i got it from amazon for only £9
---
OWN:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#16 Posted: 23:57:13 14/12/2011 | Topic Creator
is this a long time for activision not to give us any info on skylander toys

or do you think i'm just being impatient

It's been awhile since i've beem crazy about a toy collection or video games for that matter just wondering if this waiting thing is normal or not
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:58:18 14/12/2011 by joseph235
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#17 Posted: 03:00:00 15/12/2011
You've got to realize that Activision are people too, and this is really the first time a game like this has been attempted. Mass-producing and releasing 30+ little figurines is a far cry more difficult than a few prop guitars, which is the closest the company has come to anything like this in the past. This alleged confusion at Activision might be real. Who knows how they distribute the figures. They may not be keeping us in the dark at all; keep in mind, they are not a toy company, and maybe it's not even technically their responsibility to know these things.

And that's if they're not doing this as a marketing tactic to drive up demand for a sudden, week-of-Christmas release of new figures.

You really never know in the world of business, and for all our hypothesizing, the truth is that we'll get them when we get them. Whether that's February or tomorrow morning, our actions now, our pestering of their PR people, and our community's collective frustration won't change that. It's not even about being patient or impatient, it's the futility of it. A plan is in motion that will, inevitably, one way or another, get these figures to us on the day they're scheduled to arrive. Why fight what you can't fight? Why be so invested when the outcome is the same no matter what? It really is easier if we just accept this and live our lives. Then, when the next wave is released, it's a pleasant and awesome surprise, rather than the pivotal moment of a months-long obsession.

What we have now is fun, and there's plenty yet to see and explore with the content we have. Would I love it if they released Warnado tomorrow morning? Oh yes. Vhraina and I would be at every store in town looking, believe you me. But in the mean time, I'm going to play the characters I do have, attempt to figure out some of the finer mechanics of the game, and get some enjoyment out of the investment I've already made.

Just go have fun with it. Try some builds you've always wanted to. Try things like the "Challenge Mode" that's going around the community nowadays. Maybe log into Spyro's Universe. There's still a lot more to what we have than just waiting on new toys. Let the game be a diversion and not an addiction. It's more fun and less stressful.

Okay, off soapbox.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#18 Posted: 03:13:53 15/12/2011
Quote: joseph235
yeah there like 22 bucks with shipping and taxes on amazon.ca

I don't know if it's worth it or not

A guide is never worth that much money. Even if it has the answers to the universe.
#19 Posted: 04:16:03 15/12/2011
Yah but not getting the guide just for a guide.....I like collecting Skylanders and this is an item to add to the collection!

Sorry think we got off topic with this whole guide talk.....
Think joseph235 meant more info on the toys and their release dates!

I hope it is soon!
---
Seth727 Green Sparx Gems: 185
#20 Posted: 04:22:06 15/12/2011
Quote: Tashiji
You've got to realize that Activision are people too, and this is really the first time a game like this has been attempted. Mass-producing and releasing 30+ little figurines is a far cry more difficult than a few prop guitars, which is the closest the company has come to anything like this in the past. This alleged confusion at Activision might be real. Who knows how they distribute the figures. They may not be keeping us in the dark at all; keep in mind, they are not a toy company, and maybe it's not even technically their responsibility to know these things.

And that's if they're not doing this as a marketing tactic to drive up demand for a sudden, week-of-Christmas release of new figures.

You really never know in the world of business, and for all our hypothesizing, the truth is that we'll get them when we get them. Whether that's February or tomorrow morning, our actions now, our pestering of their PR people, and our community's collective frustration won't change that. It's not even about being patient or impatient, it's the futility of it. A plan is in motion that will, inevitably, one way or another, get these figures to us on the day they're scheduled to arrive. Why fight what you can't fight? Why be so invested when the outcome is the same no matter what? It really is easier if we just accept this and live our lives. Then, when the next wave is released, it's a pleasant and awesome surprise, rather than the pivotal moment of a months-long obsession.

What we have now is fun, and there's plenty yet to see and explore with the content we have. Would I love it if they released Warnado tomorrow morning? Oh yes. Vhraina and I would be at every store in town looking, believe you me. But in the mean time, I'm going to play the characters I do have, attempt to figure out some of the finer mechanics of the game, and get some enjoyment out of the investment I've already made.

Just go have fun with it. Try some builds you've always wanted to. Try things like the "Challenge Mode" that's going around the community nowadays. Maybe log into Spyro's Universe. There's still a lot more to what we have than just waiting on new toys. Let the game be a diversion and not an addiction. It's more fun and less stressful.

Okay, off soapbox.

well i have been getting upset lately, and i completely understand with what you are trying to say. however the whole reason i got the game is because i thought all the characters were out somewhere so when i purchased it i went right on the internet to go looking for Warnado so i could order it, and i was sad to find out that he isnt out and there is no release date so far as to when he is coming out. i think my luck was actually really bad with this as my favourite characters that i really wanted to come out are lightning rod,warnado, and double trouble. i have collected nearly all of the available skylanders and am patiently waiting for the my precious warnado to come out so i can continue playing, i dont want to play that much because i dont have warnado on my team and i want him to be the first on my team to be completely maxed out(all challenge modes,lvl 10, fully upgraded). Also it may be hard for some people to try to explain this to their children who are begging their parents to get them more toys but the parents cant tell them anything because they dont even know when the toys are going to be released, it could be next june for all they know. it has been a big dissapointment for many children...
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie )(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
#21 Posted: 04:50:08 15/12/2011 | Topic Creator
oh i just rememberd another question i know it's off topic but i have both 3ds and wii skylander games now when i start seriously playing the wii version should i reset my skylanders before i start or should i keep them leveled up from the 3ds?
just curious what it does and does not do when you reset or not. Like if i level up on the wii then play the same character on the 3ds even though he is maxed out on the 3ds does the figure get any stronger or vise versa?

It's ok if no one wants to answer or doesnt know just curious
#22 Posted: 05:30:31 15/12/2011
Honestly I do not know???
I played Xbox version first....then brought them over to 3D's

The Console version in much deeper and the upgrades are a lot cooler than 3Ds ....that I do know!

Should put my Ignitor into Xbox game and see how it is????

Anyone answer this, I would like to know too!
---
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#23 Posted: 08:18:15 15/12/2011
I did initially play the 3DS version first and levelled my Ignitor/Stealth Elf to Level 10 - all that happens when you put it on the console one is that they will be Level 10, but will not have any of the purchasable upgrades unique to the console versions, meaning you'd have high-level characters with no attacks.
---
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#24 Posted: 10:24:08 15/12/2011
Sorry if this bothers anyone, but... it's a little annoying how people are overreacting to the toys not being out RIGHT NOW!!1!. We already got wave 2 a month after the game came out, that's pretty darn quick compared to most other toylines.
There could be a minor delay due to how popular the toys are, but it's nothing worth getting angry over.
---
#all Spyros are valid
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#25 Posted: 11:12:27 15/12/2011
im not saying that i want the toys right now, but it would be nice if they at least told us Something.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#26 Posted: 12:56:28 15/12/2011
Okaps speaks words of wisdom - yes, it would be great to have the new toys right now. It'd be even better if Activision gave us a time-frame as to when we could expect them. But it's not going to make them come any quicker by getting angry about it.
---
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#27 Posted: 16:27:18 15/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: LyraDragon
im not saying that i want the toys right now, but it would be nice if they at least told us Something.

That's all i want too. just some kind of info as to WHEN they are comming. I would just like to know so i don't have to keep checking everyday.
Unless that's what they want this could be a marketing tactic

Ah who knows
paddyflan Green Sparx Gems: 118
#28 Posted: 17:55:48 15/12/2011
Lets face it............I honestly believe now that there won't be any new characters released before christmas. I reckon that Activision are taking the attitude that despite the game being out now for the better part of 2 months that the Skylanders starter pack will end up being under many christmas trees bringing a whole new group of customers to the market........so Activision will milk that crowd first before releasing anything else.

However I think their strategy of complete silence will backfire on them when ever they decide to release the remaining characters.....people will be so fed up not knowing a release schedule that their interest in the game will wane.......the opposite of what Activision is hoping for.
#29 Posted: 21:08:47 15/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sunny Castanets
I did initially play the 3DS version first and levelled my Ignitor/Stealth Elf to Level 10 - all that happens when you put it on the console one is that they will be Level 10, but will not have any of the purchasable upgrades unique to the console versions, meaning you'd have high-level characters with no attacks.

Thanks very much
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me